Kodi Community Forum
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis* - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis* (/showthread.php?tid=167754)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - dml3334 - 2015-09-20

(2015-09-20, 16:58)Jandalf Wrote:
(2015-09-11, 08:09)dml3334 Wrote: Hi.

Firstly, thanks for this addon. It's quite useful!

I have a problem with the list of the missing top250 movies. Their titles appear in french, but I'm spanish!

When I enter IMDB from Chrome or Explorer, the movie names appear in spanish, together with their original title. But, I don't know how it comes, that IMDB Updater picks them in french. The same happens with Rating Update add-on.

Maybe there is a problem with the IMDB parsing module.

Thanks!

that's very strange, the titles in the missing top250 file should always be completely in english. I get the data from this page: http://www.imdb.com/chart/top and this will provide only english titles. could you just open this page and ahve a look what language you get? could you upload the missingTop250.csv so I could have a look into it? and what do you mean with the Rating update add-on?

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

I have just tried in another laptop, just in case, with Kodi 15.2 RC1 almost newly installed. The result is the same. Every movie title is in french. I'm attaching the first 40 entries of the csv:

Top250 First 40

Here, it's the http://www.imdb.com/chart/top web in Chrome 45 in the same laptop. Every movie title is in spanish:

Thanks!

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - mcfang - 2015-09-22

Hi I just tried 0.8.4 but when updating movies it fails on the majority of titles. The logs show "ERROR: [IMDB Update] - Frozen: problem with omdbapi.com" for almost all the titles in the database. Maybe 1 out of 100 succeeds.
Edit: running Kodi 15.1 release

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - Milhouse - 2015-09-22

(2015-09-22, 07:31)mcfang Wrote: Hi I just tried 0.8.4 but when updating movies it fails on the majority of titles. The logs show "ERROR: [IMDB Update] - Frozen: problem with omdbapi.com" for almost all the titles in the database. Maybe 1 out of 100 succeeds.

Try again, as omdbapi.com seems to be working perfectly right now (note: I'm not using this addon, but something else that accesses omdbapi.com).

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - mcfang - 2015-09-23

Tried again, the same ERROR was logged for every movie. 0 movies updated.

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - Simkin84 - 2015-09-23

I also get 0 movies updated. The first time i used the app it seemed to update almost all of my moves which is around 1500.

Today it updated 44 it said, but my newly added movies where not updated.

Run it again couple of times and it said 0 updated Sad

Using Helix 14.2 with Shednox V3.0

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - mswiege - 2015-09-26

I also got this "problem with omdbapi.com" errors for close to every movie, so I debugged the script. The problem is, that the vote count returned in the JSON from omdbapi contains a thousand separator (probably this is new and that is why this error comes up now).
Because of that thousand separator the call int(data["imdbVotes"]) in your script will fail. I have no Phyton experience at all, so probably a better solution exists, but this fixes the problem:
In "imdbMovie.py" replace line 36 with:
Code:
self.__votes = int(data["imdbVotes"].replace(",", ""))

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - mswiege - 2015-09-26

(2015-09-20, 21:39)dml3334 Wrote:
(2015-09-20, 16:58)Jandalf Wrote:
(2015-09-11, 08:09)dml3334 Wrote: Hi.

Firstly, thanks for this addon. It's quite useful!

I have a problem with the list of the missing top250 movies. Their titles appear in french, but I'm spanish!

When I enter IMDB from Chrome or Explorer, the movie names appear in spanish, together with their original title. But, I don't know how it comes, that IMDB Updater picks them in french. The same happens with Rating Update add-on.

Maybe there is a problem with the IMDB parsing module.

Thanks!

that's very strange, the titles in the missing top250 file should always be completely in english. I get the data from this page: http://www.imdb.com/chart/top and this will provide only english titles. could you just open this page and ahve a look what language you get? could you upload the missingTop250.csv so I could have a look into it? and what do you mean with the Rating update add-on?

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

I have just tried in another laptop, just in case, with Kodi 15.2 RC1 almost newly installed. The result is the same. Every movie title is in french. I'm attaching the first 40 entries of the csv:

Top250 First 40

Here, it's the http://www.imdb.com/chart/top web in Chrome 45 in the same laptop. Every movie title is in spanish:

Thanks!

IMDB tries to figure out what language would be best for you based on browser language and probably IP address lockup.
What you can do, is edit the file "resources\lib\util.py" in the add-ons folder and add this new line after line 214:
Code:
opener.addheaders = [("Accept-Language", "en")]
Replace "en" with the language that you want.
Perhaps Jandalf can make this a setting, so people can choose what language the titles should have.

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - im85288 - 2015-09-28

Great addon Jandalf, do you have plans to implement the Top250 for TV shows now that imdb support this? Thanks again

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - dml3334 - 2015-09-28

(2015-09-26, 23:52)mswiege Wrote: IMDB tries to figure out what language would be best for you based on browser language and probably IP address lockup.
What you can do, is edit the file "resources\lib\util.py" in the add-ons folder and add this new line after line 214:
Code:
Perhaps Jandalf can make this a setting, so people can choose what language the titles should have.

Thanks! It worked! I wonder why my ISP has nowadays french IPs... Undecided

Anyway, I hope, as you say, Jandalf could make the preferred language for the movie title as a setting.

Thanks again.

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - Jandalf - 2015-09-28

(2015-09-22, 07:31)mcfang Wrote: Hi I just tried 0.8.4 but when updating movies it fails on the majority of titles. The logs show "ERROR: [IMDB Update] - Frozen: problem with omdbapi.com" for almost all the titles in the database. Maybe 1 out of 100 succeeds.
(2015-09-23, 23:28)Simkin84 Wrote: I also get 0 movies updated. The first time i used the app it seemed to update almost all of my moves which is around 1500.

Today it updated 44 it said, but my newly added movies where not updated.

Run it again couple of times and it said 0 updated Sad

Using Helix 14.2 with Shednox V3.0
(2015-09-26, 23:37)mswiege Wrote: I also got this "problem with omdbapi.com" errors for close to every movie, so I debugged the script. The problem is, that the vote count returned in the JSON from omdbapi contains a thousand separator (probably this is new and that is why this error comes up now).
Because of that thousand separator the call int(data["imdbVotes"]) in your script will fail. I have no Phyton experience at all, so probably a better solution exists, but this fixes the problem:
In "imdbMovie.py" replace line 36 with:
Code:
self.__votes = int(data["imdbVotes"].replace(",", ""))
thank you mswiege. I implemented this fix in the new version (see below)

(2015-09-26, 23:52)mswiege Wrote: IMDB tries to figure out what language would be best for you based on browser language and probably IP address lockup.
Code:
(2015-09-28, 17:08)dml3334 Wrote: Thanks! It worked! I wonder why my ISP has nowadays french IPs... Undecided

Anyway, I hope, as you say, Jandalf could make the preferred language for the movie title as a setting.

Thanks again.
done, added an option under advanced to set a custom language tag for imdb.com. @mswiege: thanks again for your help Smile

(2015-09-28, 15:49)im85288 Wrote: Great addon Jandalf, do you have plans to implement the Top250 for TV shows now that imdb support this? Thanks again
the problem is that Kodi does not write the IMDb id in the tv show datatable so this add-on needs to resolve all show names to their ids. I just have no time implementing this.

New Version
script.imdbupdate-0.8.5.zip

- new: option to set browser language for imdb.com
- fix: parse votes error
- fix: error if movie library is empty

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - dml3334 - 2015-09-28

Hi.

Thanks for the quick update!

But... I've just tried to set an IMDB Language, but it says:

Quote:The video library is empty or the IMDB id doesn't exist!

I have tried "en", "es", "EN" and blank. The same result to all.

Instead of just typing the letters for the language, I think it would be much easier and would avoid many mistakes to implement a fixed list, where the user would select with the up/down arrows the desired language.

Thanks!

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - Jandalf - 2015-09-29

(2015-09-28, 22:29)dml3334 Wrote: Hi.

Thanks for the quick update!

But... I've just tried to set an IMDB Language, but it says:

Quote:The video library is empty or the IMDB id doesn't exist!

I have tried "en", "es", "EN" and blank. The same result to all.

Instead of just typing the letters for the language, I think it would be much easier and would avoid many mistakes to implement a fixed list, where the user would select with the up/down arrows the desired language.

Thanks!

i'm sorry, weird mistake of mine, here is a fixed version:
script.imdbupdate-0.8.6.zip

you can put any language code you want (no matter of casing). I want to give a list, because it should work for every language.
so "en" or "ES" both work.

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - dml3334 - 2015-09-29

@Jandalf

Great! It works now Smile Thank you very much.

In the generated csv, at least in Excel 2007, some movie titles are shown with strange characters. For example:

Code:
Léon: The Professional
WALL·E
Érase una vez en América
Amélie

Maybe there is an issue with the character encoding.

Thanks!

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - im85288 - 2015-09-29

(2015-09-28, 21:54)Jandalf Wrote: the problem is that Kodi does not write the IMDb id in the tv show datatable so this add-on needs to resolve all show names to their ids. I just have no time implementing this.

Ah ok thanks for the reply, btw if anyone is after rotten tomatoes ratings (again movies only) I recently added this to the soon to be released script.skin.helper addon.

RE: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Isengard* - Rjsachse - 2015-10-01

Are you able to add Australia mpaa ratings? And able to change the output like
AU:MA or Australia:MA