Kodi Community Forum
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) (/showthread.php?tid=168767)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - riji - 2016-01-31

It will not succeed.
I use kodi on a mac mini (OS X Yosemite) with a Logitech Harmony Ultimate.
I launch the Keymap Editor, choose the desired action and press the desired button on the Ultimate. Finally, I choose "save".
A gen.xml file is created, but always only with:
<keymap />

What I really want is to define the DVR button on the Harmony for fullscreen / windowed switching (ToggleFullScreen), but I don't know how (and directly with the MyHarmony app I can't do this).
Actually, I just need to know the button-id required, then I can go on by myself.

Additionally, I wonder if exists a different button-id for a short/long press on the Harmony?The remote itself can distinguish (play button: short press = play, longpress = aspect).

I'm already working weeks on this problem and now it hope someone can help me anyway. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I just found a way around: in Harmony I define DVR button als e.g. F10 (short) and F11 (long press). Then in a user joystick.Harmony.XML file I can reassign what I want to F10 and F11.

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - Hustler1337 - 2016-02-08

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where the keymap file is saved? I've looked in userdata/keymaps and it doesn't seem to be there. :/

Thanks

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - DarrenHill - 2016-02-08

It should be there, as gen.xml.

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - aln1 - 2016-02-08

Hello,

I hope that this is the right place for my question.

I am running Kodi for android on a "cood-e" box. Currently running 16 RC3.
On the box remote control I have a "home" button which doesn't work as it should, currently it brings me to the first item on a list but I want it to bring me back to the home page.
I used the addon and set the global/navigation/first-page to use this key, I get key code 61576 but the behaviour of the key doesn't change.
Is there any other key I need to set?

Thank you

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - Finchy - 2016-02-16

Hi all

I'm trying to set up my MCE remote with a few specific controls using Keymap Editor so I can then 'teach' them to my Harmony remote, but I need to clear off a few default ones to do it, but I just cannot get rid of them damn PVR Manager controls.

Any idea of how to clear the default PVR related buttons down? I don't have a PVR on my Kodi, and I've trawled back and forth through the options in Keymap Editor but I just can't find anything that is taking up the second and third row buttons of my MCE remote, and even if I assign something like subs toggle to one it also brings up that cannot open PVR Manager screen.

I only need to customise a handful of buttons; create bookmark, toggle subs, audio delay, subs delay and clean videos, but I just cannot find what is already using those buttons.

I know it may already be in here but I have searched and can't find anything of any use!

Thanks

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - aln1 - 2016-02-17

bump

(2016-02-08, 15:21)aln1 Wrote: Hello,

I hope that this is the right place for my question.

I am running Kodi for android on a "cood-e" box. Currently running 16 RC3.
On the box remote control I have a "home" button which doesn't work as it should, currently it brings me to the first item on a list but I want it to bring me back to the home page.
I used the addon and set the global/navigation/first-page to use this key, I get key code 61576 but the behaviour of the key doesn't change.
Is there any other key I need to set?

Thank you

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - sconly - 2016-02-18

Not sure it's the same for Android as it is for Windows, but where you need to go is.....Global->Windows->Open Home.

As I say it works in Windows. See how you go.

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - tim619 - 2016-02-22

For me this script always worked good on RPI2 OpenELEC, but since last nightly update to Milhouse 21-02-16 the keymap editor doesn't work anymore.
I have no access to the log because my remote is not controlled to allow copying to usb, so here is a screenshot of error in log:

This error now always happen if I run Keymap Editor -> Edit -> Some Window -> Some Action -> Edit Key -> Error

Edit: Now I downgraded to OpenELEC 6.0.1 and the Keymap Editor works again! Hopefully this is not a bug for all future versions...

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - DarrenHill - 2016-02-22

@tim619 - you may want to report that in Milhouse's thread for his builds, as the add-on is quite a commonly used one and I think he would want to know about it.

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - takoi - 2016-02-22

No need. I can confirm the issue. The dialog was renamed recently

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - Hustler1337 - 2016-02-22

Hi,

Just a quick question, are there any plans to implement long button press support in Keymap Editor in the future?

Thanks

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - daCook8 - 2016-03-02

(2016-02-22, 14:43)tim619 Wrote: For me this script always worked good on RPI2 OpenELEC, but since last nightly update to Milhouse 21-02-16 the keymap editor doesn't work anymore.
I have no access to the log because my remote is not controlled to allow copying to usb, so here is a screenshot of error in log:

This error now always happen if I run Keymap Editor -> Edit -> Some Window -> Some Action -> Edit Key -> Error

Edit: Now I downgraded to OpenELEC 6.0.1 and the Keymap Editor works again! Hopefully this is not a bug for all future versions...

I have the same problems. Latest Nightly uses Kodi 17. Maybe Keymap is not compatible ?

my logs:
http://xbmclogs.com/p6qmi9s8i

(2016-02-22, 15:17)DarrenHill Wrote: @tim619 - you may want to report that in Milhouse's thread for his builds, as the add-on is quite a commonly used one and I think he would want to know about it.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=250817&pid=2266530#pid2266530
(2016-03-02, 22:27)Milhouse Wrote: ... as it looks like the add-on needs updating to be Kodi 17 compatible after the XBMC GUI API bump. Keep an eye on the add-on support thread, I'm sure it will be announced eventually.

Code:
22:07:41 114.445938 T:1780478880   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: XML File for Window is missing
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.keymap/main.py", line 101, in <module>
                                                main()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.keymap/main.py", line 79, in main
                                                editor.start()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.keymap/editor.py", line 67, in start
                                                newkey = KeyListener.record_key()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.keymap/editor.py", line 116, in record_key
                                                dialog = KeyListener()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.keymap/editor.py", line 96, in __new__
                                                return super(KeyListener, cls).__new__(cls, "DialogKaiToast.xml", "")
                                            RuntimeError: XML File for Window is missing
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - User 99401 - 2016-03-12

(2016-03-02, 23:27)daCook8 Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 14:43)tim619 Wrote: For me this script always worked good on RPI2 OpenELEC, but since last nightly update to Milhouse 21-02-16 the keymap editor doesn't work anymore.

I have the same problems. Latest Nightly uses Kodi 17. Maybe Keymap is not compatible ?

my logs:
http://xbmclogs.com/p6qmi9s8i

(2016-02-22, 15:17)DarrenHill Wrote: @tim619 - you may want to report that in Milhouse's thread for his builds, as the add-on is quite a commonly used one and I think he would want to know about it.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=250817&pid=2266530#pid2266530
(2016-03-02, 22:27)Milhouse Wrote: ... as it looks like the add-on needs updating to be Kodi 17 compatible after the XBMC GUI API bump. Keep an eye on the add-on support thread, I'm sure it will be announced eventually.

Code:
22:07:41 114.445938 T:1780478880   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: XML File for Window is missing
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.keymap/main.py", line 101, in <module>
                                                main()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.keymap/main.py", line 79, in main
                                                editor.start()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.keymap/editor.py", line 67, in start
                                                newkey = KeyListener.record_key()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.keymap/editor.py", line 116, in record_key
                                                dialog = KeyListener()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.keymap/editor.py", line 96, in __new__
                                                return super(KeyListener, cls).__new__(cls, "DialogKaiToast.xml", "")
                                            RuntimeError: XML File for Window is missing
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Guys, any update about this one, I'm also using the same builds and Keymap Editor is not working for me... dependant on it as usinhg CEC remote and missing some basic functions...
Thanks a mile!

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - bobrooney - 2016-03-13

(2014-05-22, 16:00)elevation1 Wrote: thanks for 0.9.5 version and "open subtitle search" Wink
Can some please help me with this? I cannot find this option. Where is it?
I don't know am I blind or dumb... Sad

EDIT:
Found it under "Windows" submenu...

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - scott967 - 2016-03-13

Kodi 17 early adopters--

DialogKaiToast.xml is replaced by DialogNotification.xml in current Kodi. The joys of running a nightly. You can edit line 96 in the add-on file editor.py to:

Code:
return super(KeyListener, cls).__new__(cls, "DialogNotification.xml", "")

note that in python leading spaces are important so don't mess with the whitespace!

I don't know that this makes the add-on work, but it should get around the error.

scott s.