Kodi Community Forum
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) (/showthread.php?tid=168767)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - D3ltorohd - 2017-02-06

Hello Com,

Problem :: Keymap Editor dont react to some buttons (MCE Re

Sytem : Intel NUC, eHOME IR Receiver, Harmony Ultimate Touch they simulate the mce remote from MS, Libreelec 7.95.1

i have installed the keymap editor on libreelec kodi. The most buttons works, but some buttons i will change or add. So i use the keymap editor. Some buttons there have no reactions when i click on an button and will remap the function.

Some buttons works after reactoin but dont that what they should.

What i can do, its all new for me, befor i have windows with rc6 and it works good.

When i test it with iwr i think, the buttons naming is someone like this, power2, exit, print. This buttons have no reactions in the keymap editor when i will learn it to an action.

Greet's D3

P.S. I hope i'm right here...

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - Gatesy - 2017-02-21

Takoi,

I am hoping you might be able to help me with a request...

In the new version of Kodi (Krypton) the ability to speed up/slow down playback has been introduced (as long as sync to playback to display is checked under "player settings/videos"). The keys to use this function are ALT and RIGHT (tempoup), and ALT and LEFT (tempodown). Would it be possible to add this keymap function to the Fullscreen Video options on your addon? Using Kodi on anything other than a PC makes it very tricky to map the ALT key as it is unavailable on most remote controls (such as the[/align] Kodi Remote in the App Store).

Any help would be most appreciated.

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - Arathonk - 2017-04-07

What key do I need if I want the info screen with the buttons for media/sound/subtitle etc. settings?
I can't find what key this does in the editor.

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - infinity85 - 2017-04-14

(2017-04-07, 19:00)Arathonk Wrote: What key do I need if I want the info screen with the buttons for media/sound/subtitle etc. settings?
I can't find what key this does in the editor.
It is there, where one would look for it: Keymap Editor --> Edit --> Fullscreen Video --> Playback --> "Show OSD" Wink

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - BAG_Ass - 2017-04-20

Hi!
Have trouble with OSD in fullscreeninfo - i remaped tv-remote to use меню as info key.
now i can call osd from fullscreen, but when i already in fullscreen info - it use button for osd not for close fullscreeninfo.
how can i block settings from kodi/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml settings in userdata/keymaps/gen.xml?

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - burrito78 - 2017-04-22

Is it possible to have this behavior "send active source CEC message" mapped to a button?

I want to use my RF remote to switch my AVR to the input Kodi is connected to.

Code:
DEBUG: CecLogMessage - sending active source message for 'Recorder 1'

Regards,
Burrito78

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - woxxi - 2017-04-23

Hello everyone,

First, thank you for this great addon !

I was wondering if it's possible to configure a key to get back to the previous screen in the TV show menu.

For example, when i'm on the screen where are all of the episodes of the season 3 if i press the back button of my remote controller i go back to the main menu of kodi instead to go back to the previous screen where are the others seasons. :/

Thanks for you help.

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - infinity85 - 2017-04-26

(2017-04-23, 11:52)woxxi Wrote: Hello everyone,

First, thank you for this great addon !

I was wondering if it's possible to configure a key to get back to the previous screen in the TV show menu.

For example, when i'm on the screen where are all of the episodes of the season 3 if i press the back button of my remote controller i go back to the main menu of kodi instead to go back to the previous screen where are the others seasons. :/

Thanks for you help.
That should work the way you expect it. Perhaps your back button is mapped to "home button" or so? Try mapping your back button to the Keymap Editor back-button:
Open Keymap Editor --> Edit --> Global --> Navigation --> "Back" and save this.

If this didn't solve the issue, then check the generated keymap file "Userdata\keymaps\gen.xml" with an editor and look whether the same button was assigned not only to "back" but also to "home" or something similar.

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - usphil - 2017-04-29

Hello everyone,

I often switch audio between device HDMI audio and bluetooth audio. I did not find any function to config that with a key.
It locates at: Settings > System >Audio output > Audio output device

Does I miss some where or it is impossible?

Thank you!

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - trogggy - 2017-05-12

(2016-10-17, 12:06)trogggy Wrote: Bug?

Just opening keymap editor changes / renames all keymaps except gen.xml (eg keyboard.xml to keyboard.xml.bak.0) immediately. Doesn't matter whether you hit cancel, back out, exit, it's already happened. So just clicking on the addon removes any existing keymaps. Is that intended behaviour?
Six-monthly bump.
Nothing's changed - same behaviour as above. This can't be by design, surely?

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - lansings - 2017-05-14

Hello everyone, is it possible to bind DXVA2 on/off button ?

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - infinity85 - 2017-05-14

(2017-05-14, 20:58)lansings Wrote: Hello everyone, is it possible to bind DXVA2 on/off button ?
You can map scripts to buttons to execute them. So if you have a script that can do this, you can simply map it then (manually), by writing a line like this in the keymap.xml respectively gen.xml file:

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <key id="389171">runscript(/storage/.kodi/userdata/YOURSCRIPT.py)</key>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>

The "key id="389171" would be your button. You'd have to find out which key id or which name the button has. But the most difficult and important part would be certainly the script.

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - lansings - 2017-05-14

(2017-05-14, 21:39)infinity85 Wrote: But the most difficult and important part would be certainly the script.
absolutely yesBig Grin

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - daharris - 2017-05-17

Is there any way to clear the buttons for fullscreen video playback and navigation? I don't want any keyboard buttons to do anything during fullscreen video playback.

RE: [Release] Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI) - infinity85 - 2017-05-17

(2017-05-17, 15:15)daharris Wrote: Is there any way to clear the buttons for fullscreen video playback and navigation? I don't want any keyboard buttons to do anything during fullscreen video playback.
Yes, you could copy the default keymap.xml to the userdata/keymap/keymap.xml directory or so. And then edit all the buttons in it, that you don't want to be working with the noop
action.

see here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=293399