Kodi Community Forum
Broken Yahoo! Weather - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Broken Yahoo! Weather (/showthread.php?tid=169410)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: [RELEASE] Yahoo! Weather - blueribb - 2016-03-28

Post 165 worked for me. A very easy fix once you enable SSH in Kodi and edit the default.py file. I used FileZilla to access and edit the file.

RE: [RELEASE] Yahoo! Weather - newsbeast - 2016-03-28

(2016-03-28, 10:43)mystic84 Wrote: I'm using a windows and android kodis

For the android kodi what you will probably need to do is download the weather.yahoo-3.0.9.zip and edit the default.py, then zip it up again and install the edited zip archive. Unless of course your android device provides root access -- then you can usually edit the default.py on the kodi device.

The zip archive for kodi 16 jarvis can be found here:

http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/xbmc/addons/jarvis/weather.yahoo/

Be sure to download the matching version for your version of kodi.

good luck.

RE: [RELEASE] Yahoo! Weather - ronie - 2016-03-28

a fixed version of the yahoo weather addon has been submitted to the kodi addon repo.
it should be available within the next 24 hours.

RE: [RELEASE] Yahoo! Weather - diedrichg - 2016-03-28

(2016-03-28, 23:43)ronie Wrote: a fixed version of the yahoo weather addon has been submitted to the kodi addon repo.
Thank you, ronie. Did you just change the URL or did you do the other method? I ask because I too was having intermittent issues with the full-code fix.

RE: [RELEASE] Yahoo! Weather - ronie - 2016-03-29

(2016-03-28, 23:58)diedrichg Wrote: Thank you, ronie. Did you just change the URL or did you do the other method?

just changed the url. should it break in the future i'll switch to the other method.

RE: [RELEASE] Yahoo! Weather - CalgonRah - 2016-03-29

using isengard and yahoo weather app and its worked normal...now it just says Busy. using version 3.0.9, is there a problem with the app altely or a newer version and if so can someone link the dowload page?

thanks a bunch.

RE: [RELEASE] Yahoo! Weather - ronie - 2016-03-29

sure.. why bother to read the last few posts in this thread.

RE: [RELEASE] Yahoo! Weather - rbmcgee - 2016-03-29

OTinley,

Although I'm happy with the fix, I would be glad to try an uploaded file and report back.

Thanx again for your help.

PS: I'm not a software person so I probably did get a stray blank space. Chances of me finding it though is zero.

RE: [RELEASE] Yahoo! Weather - User 272336 - 2016-03-29

(2016-03-29, 00:58)rbmcgee Wrote: OTinley,
Although I'm happy with the fix, I would be glad to try an uploaded file and report back.

Your wish is my command. Zipped file here
For the record, the file with fix from post 165 is here

RE: Yahoo! Weather - CalgonRah - 2016-03-29

(2016-03-29, 00:14)ronie Wrote: sure.. why bother to read the last few posts in this thread.

Sorry still new to forums, only started recently and sadly as soon as I posted I read backwards and low and behold there was the fix which is now working...thanks a bunch.

RE: Yahoo! Weather - haxobel - 2016-03-29

(2016-03-28, 23:43)ronie Wrote: a fixed version of the yahoo weather addon has been submitted to the kodi addon repo.

Thanks ronie. Great News. I think many people posting/reading here have been waiting for the fixed version in the repository.

Should Yahoo! apply security to the new URL we have the original fix that I posted. It should just need the timeout param for urllib2 to be applied to prevent the occasional errors that it was producing. My guess is that the server load and access to the Yahoo! DB is slowing down the response. The last option would be for you (as the author) to create a key for the API at Yahoo! and apply it to the addon - this should fix all versions, including the original.

RE: Yahoo! Weather - Mr Dan - 2016-03-29

How can I get it? Will update be automatic?

Thanks...

RE: Yahoo! Weather - User 272336 - 2016-03-29

Quote:How can I get it? Will update be automatic?
It should get updated.

RE: Yahoo! Weather - blueribb - 2016-03-29

Three of my four computers updated the Yahoo addon today right after they were turned on. The fourth machine did not, so I navigated to the Kodi Repository and pressed C and then "check for updates". That caused the Yahoo addon to update immediately.

To navigate to the Kodi Repository:

System / Settings / Add-ons / My Add-ons / Add-on Repository / Kodi Add-on Repository

Then click "C" and choose "Check for Updates"

RE: Yahoo! Weather - BeGendy - 2016-03-29

(2016-03-29, 20:17)blueribb Wrote: Three of my four computers updated the Yahoo addon today right after they were turned on. The fourth machine did not, so I navigated to the Kodi Repository and pressed C and then "check for updates". That caused the Yahoo addon to update immediately.

To navigate to the Kodi Repository:

System / Settings / Add-ons / My Add-ons / Add-on Repository / Kodi Add-on Repository

Then click "C" and choose "Check for Updates"

Thanks blueribb, That helped a lot. Kodi should be restarted to see the change.