Kodi Community Forum
"Bypass CD Selection" - Great, but painfully slow - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Forum: First-generation XBOX support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+--- Thread: "Bypass CD Selection" - Great, but painfully slow (/showthread.php?tid=16971)

Pages: 1 2

- AbMagFab - 2005-12-26

it seems to work, but it's painfully slow on large stack (more than 3 files), like with home movies. for example, for a 12 mpeg stack, it takes about 45 seconds before play starts (with it set to "immediate").

is there a configuration i can set, or is this a work in progress?

- kraqh3d - 2005-12-26

when set to immediately, xbmc treats a stacked set as a single item and calculates the total time over all the files in the stack. it's scanning all the files to guess their size. this is a work in progress, and theres no setting to disable this function yet. and the more files in the stack, the longer it takes.

- jmarshall - 2005-12-26

just set it to start after 5 seconds instead of immediately in the mean time.

- AbMagFab - 2005-12-27

that just seems to delay the "black screen" for 5 seconds. unless i'm missing something.

is there some way to get it to pop up all the discs for 5 seconds, and if i do nothing, it goes to the combined play?

- kraqh3d - 2005-12-27

no. only "immediately" has combined play. the other options just control how long the cd selection dialog remains on screen.

- AbMagFab - 2005-12-27

(kraqh3d @ dec. 27 2005,19:21 Wrote:no.  only "immediately" has combined play.  the other options just control how long the cd selection dialog remains on screen.
i guess i mean when i set it to, say, 5 seconds, it just waits 5 seconds before doing combined play. the cd selection never appears on screen.

the only way to get the cd selection is to set it to "never".

guess this is a bug?

- kraqh3d - 2005-12-27

sounds like the combined play addition may have broken it. the cd selection dialog should remain onscreen for "x" number of seconds before autostarting the first item.

** edit **
confirmed bug... i'm looking into it.

- AbMagFab - 2005-12-27

was that always a feature? wow, wish i had known about it!

yeah, guess the combined play broke it.

it would be nice to have an "immediate - but not combined" option. i don't care as much about the combining as i do about not double-clicking to play stacks.

- kraqh3d - 2005-12-27

the cd selection bypass was a relatively new feature. then combined play support after a bit later. only "immediately" was supposed to be affected by the addition. the combined play is in an experimental stage. the end-goal is to treat a stacked set as a single item. yes, its slow right now, but that will change over time.

** edit **

fixed in cvs...

- AbMagFab - 2005-12-27

(kraqh3d @ dec. 27 2005,20:25 Wrote:the cd selection bypass was a relatively new feature.  then combined play support after a bit later.  only "immediately" was supposed to be affected by the addition.  the combined play is in an experimental stage.  the end-goal is to treat a stacked set as a  single item.  yes, its slow right now, but that will change over time.
that's cool.

would it be possible to add a "combined" option so that "immediate" can still function? given the speed difference, it would be nice to have an immediate option without forcing combined play (until combined play is almost as fast).

?

- kraqh3d - 2005-12-27

no.

- AbMagFab - 2005-12-27

(kraqh3d @ dec. 27 2005,20:37 Wrote:no.
okay, any reason why not?

they are kind of two different things - one says start a stack immediately, the other says play the stack as a single video.

seems like it would be useful to have both, and no harm in having both - unless i'm missing something?

- kraqh3d - 2005-12-27

quite honestly, because we just dont feel like it. they are not seperate things. the final state is what you see. it's just slow right now. use the feature or dont use the feature, we really dont care.

- AbMagFab - 2005-12-27

(kraqh3d @ dec. 27 2005,20:52 Wrote:quite honestly, because we just dont feel like it.   they are not seperate things.  the final state is what you see.  it's just slow right now.  use the feature or dont use the feature, we really dont care.
wow - nice "help and support"...

it's only a "feature" if people use it. there was a feature there that worked, now there isn't. even if the "5 seconds" works again, it's still not what was there before.

you took away a feature.

but i get it:
:bowdown:

- kraqh3d - 2005-12-28

Quote:wow - nice "help and support"...
all i can say is you get what you pay for. and if you ask me, the help and support around here is damn good. i would say your questions have been answered in a very timely manner.

Quote:it's only a "feature" if people use it. there was a feature there that worked, now there isn't. even if the "5 seconds" works again, it's still not what was there before.
i use it, therefore its a feature. you're right, its not what was there before. that was just a stopgap until proper stack handling was in place. this is the future. its not going away. if you dont want stacks treated as such, then dont stack your videos. you can use queuing instead. that's all it did in the background anyway.