Kodi Community Forum
Testing audio engine ActiveAE - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: Testing audio engine ActiveAE (/showthread.php?tid=170338)

RE: Testing audio engine ActiveAE - Wanilton - 2014-02-13

Hi fritsch, here:
Code:
<audiooutput>
        <ac3passthrough>true</ac3passthrough>
        <ac3transcode>false</ac3transcode>
        <audiodevice>WASAPI:{3EF3DFA3-58CD-43BA-A0A6-416540D3AF76}</audiodevice>
        <channels>8</channels>
        <config>2</config>
        <dtshdpassthrough>false</dtshdpassthrough>
        <dtspassthrough>true</dtspassthrough>
        <eac3passthrough>false</eac3passthrough>
        <guisoundmode>1</guisoundmode>
        <normalizelevels>true</normalizelevels>
        <passthrough>true</passthrough>
        <passthroughdevice>WASAPI:{3EF3DFA3-58CD-43BA-A0A6-416540D3AF76}</passthroughdevice>
        <processquality>30</processquality>
        <samplerate>48000</samplerate>
        <stereoupmix>false</stereoupmix>
        <streamsilence>1</streamsilence>
        <truehdpassthrough>false</truehdpassthrough>
    </audiooutput>

RE: Testing audio engine ActiveAE - fritsch - 2014-02-13

I see the problem!

3EF3DFA3-58CD-43BA-A0A6-416540D3AF76 <- this device exists twice. Once as DirectSound and once as WASAPI device. As Windows has two sink lists, one WASAPI and one DirectSound, that also needs to be considered.

@fritsch, thanks for PR, compiled with changes, and work fine now.

RE: Testing audio engine ActiveAE - jjd-uk - 2014-02-13

Ah you've already seen it already and tested, good Smile

I've been waiting on a test build so I can replicate the problem and then test the fix as sadly I'm totally clueless when it comes to compiling XBMC myself.

Forget...

RE: Testing audio engine ActiveAE - FernetMenta - 2014-02-13

Thanks for your contribution.

I've just replicated the issue with a Gotham nightly build and can also confirm the fix works with a test build including the PR, also to be sure there were no regressions I've gone through my EAC3, DTS-HD & TrueHD test files and confirmed that they all play ok with no issues.

...and the fix is merged Smile

RE: Testing audio engine ActiveAE - fritsch - 2014-02-13

Thanks to all involved :-)

RE: Testing audio engine ActiveAE - hugo57 - 2014-02-14

Hi Guys,

Installed today the latest nightly (Feb 14) after seeing you did some fixes to ActiveAE (my output device is HDMI WASAPI) and it now produces a beautifully clean and crisp sound with music. Never heard it sound so nice, you definitely made my day. Only touch it again if you can improve this...Big Grin

MY DEEPEST RESPECT TO YOU ALL WORKING ON THIS!! Nod

RE: Testing audio engine ActiveAE - thenetstriker - 2014-02-18

I've installed the latest beta of XBMC on my Ubuntu 13.10 mediacenter because I've got some videos containing an 5.1 AAC audio streams which XBMC 12 cannot handle. (Only R and L channes are played) With the latest XBMC nightly build those videos are played in 5.1, but short after that I found an other problem.

Since the update the info display on my Onkyo receiver reports that only 5.1 PCM audio is transfered. (I've checked the passthrough option in the audio settings when playing a video) I've also tried several videos with different audio streams (DTS, AC3, DTS HD, etc) but all of them are beeing transfered as PCM.

Also, videos that just contain a stereo stream are played on the rear speakers instead of the front speakers. For this I've found a workarround. (Set the audio settings to a fixed bitrate and the stereo streams are played on the front speakers again)

I've also checked the log and only found some error regarding the thumbnail creation of the videos and this log entry:
Unable to load libcrystalhd.so.3, reason: libcrystalhd.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Are these known problems of the current nightly builds or am I doing something wrong?

RE: Testing audio engine ActiveAE - Martijn - 2014-02-18

Debug Log

RE: Testing audio engine ActiveAE - fritsch - 2014-02-18

Check your settings, switch to Confluence and choose "Advanced level" - check "Enable Passthrough" - then you should see the passthrough codecs. Also provide a Debug Log.

RE: Testing audio engine ActiveAE - thenetstriker - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-18, 11:22)fritsch Wrote: Check your settings, switch to Confluence and choose "Advanced level" - check "Enable Passthrough" - then you should see the passthrough codecs. Also provide a Debug Log.

Thanks but I've already tried that. I don't find this option anymore in the system settings even with the skin set to "Advanced level". Only when playing a video I find this option in the audio settings. Is maybe something wrong with the skin on my mediacenter and the option in the video menu isnt't working properly?

I've pasted the log on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/LjyQTm5M
I've only commented out the file path on my server.

RE: Testing audio engine ActiveAE - fritsch - 2014-02-18

You have exactly cut(!) what I wanted to know. Enumeration of the audio devices.