Kodi Community Forum
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences (/showthread.php?tid=170791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - jatho - 2014-01-20

(2014-01-20, 03:51)privado Wrote:
(2013-12-18, 02:24)xbmcdoc Wrote:
(2013-12-17, 14:36)superfreak79 Wrote: thanks xbmcdoc. yeah, that's what I did. red light of death now. this sucks.

That happen once to me.

Try:
1. Disconnect everything and remove the micro SD.
2. Connect HDMI with TV on and input selected
3. Press and hold Upgrade Button
4. Connect POWER to ATV520
5. Release Upgrade button in 15 seconds

This will send it to a list. If it works then the operating system locked. From here you can install the android version and start all over.

Decided to update my 520 and I now have the fixed red light on front of box. I tried the method below and a few others. Has anybody managed to get out of this, I cant seem to find any solutions via google. TIA

I managed to kill my ATV520 as well this weekend, had the Geniatech Linux installed and wanted to get the XDA version installed, XDA installed but it didn't boot up for some reason so I thought I'd take the unit back to Android and start from scratch, installed the Geniatech Android image (update_spi_mx_20130805 & update_stvmx_20130805_eng) did a reboot and the unit gets as far as the Android icon screen but no further, I've tried holding in the reset button under the unit whilst it boots up to get back into recovery mode but doesn't do anything.

I'm all out of ideas ;(

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - ciquta - 2014-01-21

(2014-01-20, 08:03)jatho Wrote:
(2014-01-20, 03:51)privado Wrote:
(2013-12-18, 02:24)xbmcdoc Wrote: That happen once to me.

Try:
1. Disconnect everything and remove the micro SD.
2. Connect HDMI with TV on and input selected
3. Press and hold Upgrade Button
4. Connect POWER to ATV520
5. Release Upgrade button in 15 seconds

This will send it to a list. If it works then the operating system locked. From here you can install the android version and start all over.

Decided to update my 520 and I now have the fixed red light on front of box. I tried the method below and a few others. Has anybody managed to get out of this, I cant seem to find any solutions via google. TIA

I managed to kill my ATV520 as well this weekend, had the Geniatech Linux installed and wanted to get the XDA version installed, XDA installed but it didn't boot up for some reason so I thought I'd take the unit back to Android and start from scratch, installed the Geniatech Android image (update_spi_mx_20130805 & update_stvmx_20130805_eng) did a reboot and the unit gets as far as the Android icon screen but no further, I've tried holding in the reset button under the unit whilst it boots up to get back into recovery mode but doesn't do anything.

I'm all out of ideas ;(
reverting to linux not working as well?

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - jatho - 2014-01-21

(2014-01-21, 15:07)ciquta Wrote:
(2014-01-20, 08:03)jatho Wrote:
(2014-01-20, 03:51)privado Wrote: Decided to update my 520 and I now have the fixed red light on front of box. I tried the method below and a few others. Has anybody managed to get out of this, I cant seem to find any solutions via google. TIA

I'm all out of ideas ;(
reverting to linux not working as well?

Well at this point I cannot get back into recovery to try reload the Linux ROM. Unit boots up and displays the green android icon / man, regardless of what I try I am unable to get it to boot into recovery, I've tried cold booting while holding in the reset button under the unit for a loooong time and have also tried it and held it for 10, 15 seconds etc... still no luck. As it stands I've got a very expensive android screen saver Smile

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - helkish - 2014-01-21

Forgive me if you've tried this before (sorry didn't read whole thread). Have tried the instructions here under "If you want to revert to Android 4.1, follow the instructions below:" http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=180446

Just make sure you have the files on microSD. I've seen other directions that say flash drive, but my ATV520E never mounts a usb flash drive in recovery. Only the microSD.

(2014-01-21, 15:59)helkish Wrote: Forgive me if you've tried this before (sorry didn't read whole thread). Have tried the instructions here under "If you want to revert to Android 4.1, follow the instructions below:" http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=180446

Just make sure you have the files on microSD. I've seen other directions that say flash drive, but my ATV520E never mounts a usb flash drive in recovery. Only the microSD.

I've used both MicroSD and USB drives with the ATV520 and had no issues with either. I can try place those files on an MicroSD card and go through the procedure but dont see how it will work if the unit does not boot into recovery mode. Nonetheless I'll try it and reply with the results.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - helkish - 2014-01-21

(2014-01-21, 16:02)jatho Wrote:
(2014-01-21, 15:59)helkish Wrote: Forgive me if you've tried this before (sorry didn't read whole thread). Have tried the instructions here under "If you want to revert to Android 4.1, follow the instructions below:" http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=180446

I've used both MicroSD and USB drives with the ATV520 and had no issues with either. I can try place those files on an MicroSD card and go through the procedure but dont see how it will work if the unit does not boot into recovery mode. Nonetheless I'll try it and reply with the results.

I've never tried it but I'm not sure if this method goes directly into recovery. I think it automatically runs recovery for you. I saw a post with similar to yours where some one was only getting the red light and Geniatech advised them similar instructions.

You might want to contact Geniatech if your still having issues afterwards.

(2014-01-21, 16:06)helkish Wrote:
(2014-01-21, 16:02)jatho Wrote:

I've never tried it but I'm not sure if this method goes directly into recovery. I think it automatically runs recovery for you. I saw a post with similar to yours where some one was only getting the red light and Geniatech advised them similar instructions.

You might want to contact Geniatech if your still having issues afterwards.

OK, so I gave this a try, the unit didn't go into the standard recovery screen but it did seem to be doing something after the me holding the reset button in for 10 seconds, unfortunately it hasn't resolved the problem, now instead of getting the Android screen it just boots and then displays a white screen, LED's are now also permanently Red (previously they were Red then Blue as the unit went through the boot up sequence)

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - saddie - 2014-01-22

I would contact Genaitech for support. Inform them what you have already attempted and the results.. and report back here the outcome if you can!

If you were feeling adventurous, you could try the steps in post #7 and #11 here and post back results...

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6025-Solution-for-stuck-in-Android-load-AML8726-MX-Dual-Core-TV-Box-Android-4-2-2&p=94756&viewfull=1#post94756

I believe the MK2 is the same as the atv520 - don't quote me though!
saddie

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - NINJAIII - 2014-01-24

I have had a issue that once in a while Sound stops working on the ATV520E. Both XBMC and Media Player. I tried everything and the only solution
is to power it off and on and its fine. Kinda a pain considering there is no power switch. anyone else see this ? Any solutions from My Gica ?

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - redi - 2014-01-24

I've had this happen too every so often with android xbmc. I've been using xda Linux xbmc for a few days now and haven't had it happen yet.

(2014-01-24, 04:15)NINJAIII Wrote: I have had a issue that once in a while Sound stops working on the ATV520E. Both XBMC and Media Player. I tried everything and the only solution
is to power it off and on and its fine. Kinda a pain considering there is no power switch. anyone else see this ? Any solutions from My Gica ?

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - fabrice1973 - 2014-01-25

Doesn't look like it was posted here :

MX Box Linux 2nd January version

Haven't tested it yet

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - superfreak79 - 2014-01-25

(2014-01-24, 04:17)redi Wrote: I've had this happen too every so often with android xbmc. I've been using xda Linux xbmc for a few days now and haven't had it happen yet.

Hrmm, that's funny. I can't see to get the XDA version to go - but Geniatech one works fine. Did you follow the usual install procedure?

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - saddie - 2014-01-25

(2014-01-24, 04:15)NINJAIII Wrote: I have had a issue that once in a while Sound stops working on the ATV520E. Both XBMC and Media Player. I tried everything and the only solution

Sometimes I get the sound on my ATV520 drop out in XBMC. I have to turn the volume down a notch using the remote (in XBMC) and then turn it up one notch and it starts working again...

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - sunnyhero - 2014-01-26

How is the Gotham nightly build works on ATV520 box.Anyone tried to use it or have to wait release from my gicaHuh
Thanks in advance

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - helkish - 2014-01-26

The latest night playback is better than the MyGica, but unfortunately many of the plugins are incompatible with Gotham. Also, I tried yesterdays build and there are audio sync issues with the video I was watching this morning. The video I think was high profile 1080p x264 but it played in the internal player just fine.