Kodi Community Forum
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Maximinimalism (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=209)
+----- Thread: [THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham) (/showthread.php?tid=170839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Maximinimalism - dermof - 2014-04-27

@thedaedman, i use a tv server witch runs the media portal tv server in the latest version of media portal, 1.7.1. The clients use windows 7 and 8. Xbmc gotham latest beta on all the clients.

Other thing maybe related to the problem is that the skin shows when i open the channelinfo about 600 channels witch are all the channels availeble but i tolt the pvr plugin only to load a certain list with arround 20 channels, it works in the other skins, so it seams to go wrong. (It only shows the number and then freezes)

Hope the info helps you, if you need more info let me know, i will provide it Smile

RE: Maximinimalism - thedeadman - 2014-04-28

Thanks dermof - i'll look into it.

RE: Maximinimalism - Dr3q1z - 2014-04-28

Hi thedeadman, here's mine:

Version 6.3 (Build 9600)

XBMC: 13.0-BETA4 Git:20140418-482ccd3

PVR Backend: dm800
unknown version

I've got 166 channels and dont have specific settings assigned in the PVR plug-in other then to load the channels. XBMC will also hang when loading the EPG in the new 2014 XBMC skin: MetroTV.

Cheers

RE: Maximinimalism - dermof - 2014-04-28

Maybe also helpfull a piece of the xbmc log:

Code:
12:06:26 T:161720   DEBUG: CGUIWindowPVRCommon - PVR::CGUIWindowPVRCommon::OnMessageFocus - focus set to window 'tv'
12:06:26 T:161720   DEBUG: CGUIWindowPVRChannels - PVR::CGUIWindowPVRChannels::UpdateData - update window 'tv'. set view to 11
12:06:26 T:161720   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (pvr://channels/tv/Alle TV-Kanäle/)
12:06:26 T:161720   DEBUG:   ParentPath = []
12:06:26 T:160360  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
12:06:26 T:160360   DEBUG: CPVRDirectory::GetDirectory(pvr://channels/tv/Alle TV-Kanäle)
12:06:26 T:161720   DEBUG: CGUIWindowPVRCommon - PVR::CGUIWindowPVRCommon::OnMessageFocus - focus set to window 'epg'
12:06:26 T:161720   DEBUG: CGUIWindowPVRGuide - PVR::CGUIWindowPVRGuide::UpdateData - update window 'epg'. set view to 16
12:06:26 T:161720   DEBUG: CGUIEPGGridContainer - EPG::CGUIEPGGridContainer::SetStartEnd - start=27.04.2014 10:00:00 end=01.05.2014 09:30:00
12:06:26 T:161720   DEBUG: EPG::CGUIEPGGridContainer::UpdateItems completed successfully in 4 ms
12:06:56 T:160360   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 160360 terminating (autodelete)
12:07:14 T:161516   DEBUG: CAESinkDirectSound::Deinitialize: Cleaning up

looks like it that the skin loads the wrong channel group, will try to rename mine to see if it works then

RE: Maximinimalism - Nander - 2014-04-28

As a big fan of minimalistic design, I think this is by far the best looking skin for XBMC right now. Not only that, it's also one of the most practical skins I've used. Thanks to the side menu (and the possibility to add add-ons to the menu) my girlfriend is able to use our HTPC without getting lost in the menu structures - i.e. no questions like "how do I get back to the TV shows menu?" since the TV shows option is always just a click to the left! Great job!

However, starting with one of the more recent builds I also have this keyboard issue:

(2014-04-27, 16:55)thedeadman Wrote: The keyboard issue is definitely not expected behaviour (there is an active colour state for all keys). I'm guessing theres a lettercase bug somewhere - what's your OS?

The five larger buttons to the left ("Done", "Shift" etc.) change from black to the same gray as the background when highlighted. The letters themselves are however always the same gray color whether they are selected or not, making the keyboard very difficult to use. I'm running Windows 8 and Gotham Beta 3.

Also, at about the same time as this issue popped up I noticed another change in the skin. There is now, what seems like, a very transparent, but not fully transparent, gray hue over the whole screen in the menus. Like if you had filled the whole screen with gray and set the transparency to 95%. This is very noticeable when you start to watch something and the gray hue disappears. Is this by design or is there something wrong with my set-up?

RE: Maximinimalism - thedeadman - 2014-04-28

Hi Nander,

Thanks - glad you like it. Your comments describe much of what I set out to achieve :-)

I'll revisit the keyboard and make some adjustments. The gray hue thing you describe is a vignette overlay that probably doesn't need to be there - i'll remove it for the next update.

RE: Maximinimalism - Mitko1239 - 2014-04-29

I am trying to set my language to bulgarian, but it would seem that the font doesn't support cyrillic letters or something. Here's a picture:
https://www.mediafire.com/view/dxv3563f6mdsnwm
Is that something that can/will be addressed? Because I have no problem sticking to English, but it would be nice.

Edit: I am using Gotham RC1 if that matters.
Edit 2: Ok, I feel bad for not searching first. Noob with forums.. Smile I guess we're waiting then?

RE: Maximinimalism - thedeadman - 2014-04-29

@Mitko1239 - ha, yeah Cyrillic is on the way. Apparently it's not far off being completed now.

RE: Maximinimalism - sbrick - 2014-04-30

Hi, I noticed the images to the left of the list are cropped when using addons. Is this something still being worked on? BTW I'm really liking the skin so far. I went through and read all the posts here and you seem like a pretty good guy despite your Oscar the grouch avatar. ;P

RE: Maximinimalism - dermof - 2014-04-30

@thedeadman, the skin works perfect on my android tablet, the EPG loads superb, so it seams to be a problem with the combination of windows + skin. Tried it on the windows machines with RC1 also, but it is still broken.

RE: Maximinimalism - thedeadman - 2014-04-30

@dermof - thanks, will test on a Windows machine and see if I can't narrow down what the problem is.

@sbrick - yeah, the cropping problem is an artifact of displaying different types of image in different scenarios. There is more I can do to handle this better so will continue to work on it :-)

RE: Maximinimalism - moneymaker - 2014-05-02

Cyrillic Big Grin Good to hear ...

Ehh ... can you put "switch channel group" (PVR) in the first place? When I open the sidebar and navigate down, the marker jumps far down, which does not allow the selection (any items). Seems to be a bug?!

I have many groups, pretty annoying. It was well done on Frode.

RE: Maximinimalism - dermof - 2014-05-02

@thedeadman, trying to narrow down the problem, when i open Live TV it shows the list of programs, sort of EPG guide without any problem. (for now i am happy :-)

edit: strange thing hap-pent, changed the EPG settings in XBMC and it now works, (only 3 channels for now) and is updating EPG now, will look if maybe a channel name is responsible for the error...

RE: Maximinimalism - thedeadman - 2014-05-03

@moneymaker: yeah, think I can do that. I'm reworking the code for those menus so the bug you spotted will be ironed out at the same time.
@dermof: thanks, let me know how you get on.

RE: Maximinimalism - vanan - 2014-05-03

Hi,

this skin looks great! But my issue is, that the fonts are too small.. I have just a 23" screen and when i'm working with xbmc from a distance, it's hard to navigate, because the fonts (especially the left column where you have live tv, tv guide, etc) are a bit small. Is there any possibility to change the size of the fonts?

Anyway you did a great job!

Thanks.