Kodi Community Forum
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Maximinimalism (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=209)
+----- Thread: [THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham) (/showthread.php?tid=170839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Maximinimalism - User 184778 - 2014-05-10

I'm glad we're helping.
As a suggestion, you should include a user-selectable default command (like exit, suspend, power off etc) for the 'exit' button action under power options as currently it only restarts xbmc (the application) on openelec boxes.

RE: Maximinimalism - Dan0sz - 2014-05-11

I updated the skin thru the repo and the on screen keyboard issue has been resolved. Also I see that the 'get more'-button in the select skin-screen has returned. Good job Smile

I'll post here if I find anything else.

btw. are you thinking to add more views for the library screens? Something with logos + fanart would be nice for tv shows and big front covers for movies + fanart?

RE: Maximinimalism - gizmotoy - 2014-05-11

(2014-05-07, 23:16)gizmotoy Wrote: The one thing I really miss (or can't find), is the ability to download new artwork for a given show or movie through the UI. I see that we can change the artwork by hitting Info ("i") with an item selected, but it requires the artwork be local. Any chance for including Artwork Downloader support? Currently I'm switching back to another skin if I want to change a poster or something, which is a bit of a bummer.

(2014-05-08, 11:06)thedeadman Wrote: @gizmotoy: Hmm. Something's not right there - remote art works fine for me on all systems tested ( 'i' -> 'choose art' -> posters / fanart). Are you sure your library is set up with the right scrapers etc? Which skin are you switching to to get it to work?

Well, it's not really remote art, either. ( 'i' -> 'choose art' -> posters/fanart) gets you to a browser to select artwork stored either locally on the XBMC machine or otherwise on your network. Artwork Downloader allows you to go fetch new artwork from Fanart.tv (or wherever) for your shows and movies. Many other skins integrate this as another option under with what you have here as 'choose art'. I've been switching back to Aeon Nox or Alaska when I want to download new artwork.

The actual plugin used is here, and it talks about how to integrate it into a skin: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Artwork_Downloader

I also noticed some difficulty when using the Library Auto Updater (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119520) or when setting XBMC to update the library on startup. During the cleaning operation that optionally follows the library search, it's impossible to navigate or otherwise interact with the skin. I know from other skins that the cleaning operation usually provides a "Cancel" button, whereas on Maximinimalism it's a notification. Could it be that the cancel button's actually up there stealing focus from the skin or something somehow?

Edit: One last thing while I'm thinking of it. It would be nice for those of us without PVR features configured/installed if the TV Guide and Live TV options were hidden from the Video menu. There's a lot more steps to get down to TV shows now. Or maybe optionally promote Movies and TV Shows to top-level menu items? Anyway, I'm just throwing out ideas.

RE: Maximinimalism - Dan0sz - 2014-05-11

(2014-05-11, 03:35)gizmotoy Wrote: Edit: One last thing while I'm thinking of it. It would be nice for those of us without PVR features configured/installed if the TV Guide and Live TV options were hidden from the Video menu. There's a lot more steps to get down to TV shows now. Or maybe optionally promote Movies and TV Shows to top-level menu items? Anyway, I'm just throwing out ideas.

+1 for having an option to hide the live tv and pvr menu's!

RE: Maximinimalism - thedeadman - 2014-05-11

@gizmotoy - ok, I'll see what I can do.

@DanOsz @gizmotoy - PVR options *should* be auto hidden on systems that don't have PVR. This clearly isn't working as it should.

[EDIT] GIT just updated with a menu fix for non-pvr systems.

RE: Maximinimalism - takoi - 2014-05-11

More bugs!Smile

- Two hardcoded strings: "Dir." and "Rated" on video info screen
- Codecinfo (wiki) is just a tiny scrolling box in the corner showing everything on one line. This doesn't have to look nice, only be functional for debugging!

RE: Maximinimalism - thedeadman - 2014-05-11

Ha, like Pokemon, with bugs you gotta catch 'em all. Thanks Takoi, will squash asap.

RE: Maximinimalism - frankveltmans - 2014-05-12

Hi again

Where can i upload the dutch translation? Smile

Or are you going to do it through Transifex?

Best Regards

Frank

RE: Maximinimalism - solbero - 2014-05-12

Perhaps the PVR menu issue mentioned by DanOsz, gizmotoy and myself is due to OpenELEC? I run XBMC on OpenELEC and it has Tvheadend PVR and a PVR backend installed by default. Maybe that is the reason why the menu items won't autohide?

Edit: Just saw you edit, thedeadman, in post #305. I hope the issue is solved. =)

RE: Maximinimalism - jotosmurf - 2014-05-12

Loving the minimalism. Also wondering where I can add dutch translation. You take the lead Frank ;-p

RE: Maximinimalism - Dan0sz - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-12, 13:58)solbero Wrote: Perhaps the PVR menu issue mentioned by DanOsz, gizmotoy and myself is due to OpenELEC? I run XBMC on OpenELEC and it has Tvheadend PVR and a PVR backend installed by default. Maybe that is the reason why the menu items won't autohide?

Edit: Just saw you edit, thedeadman, in post #305. I hope the issue is solved. =)

Nope! I run it on Windows 8.1. I updated from the Git-source and Live TV and PVR functions are now hidden. Thanks, thedeadman! Smile

RE: Maximinimalism - thedeadman - 2014-05-12

@solbero, @Dan0sz: Nah - It was just some conditional logic that went a bit wonky when I recoded the menus ;-)

Translations are best sent as pull requests on my GIT account at the moment (please aim them at the 'staging' branch). Failing that, you can email them to me at [email protected].

I do aim to get going on Transifex soon. I've not had a huge amount of time to look into it yet.

RE: Maximinimalism - Dan0sz - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-12, 17:37)thedeadman Wrote: went a bit wonky

That phrase, good sir, I am taking with me in my English vocabulary. It's classic! Big Grin

RE: Maximinimalism - jchri66 - 2014-05-13

Is there a way to remove the black grid lines that show on top of the fan art? Love this skin and is really my only irritation.

RE: Maximinimalism - thedeadman - 2014-05-13

@Dan0sz: You're welcome :-)

@jchri66: Easy enough. You'll have to edit a skin file though: 1080i/custom_musicPlayerFullscreen.xml

Replace:
Code:
<!--vignettes-->
<control type="image">
     <posx>0</posx>
     <posy>0</posy>
     <include>dimensionsFullscreen</include>
     <texture>masks/videoGrid.png</texture>
     <colordiffuse>ffffffff</colordiffuse>
     <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
</control>

with:
Code:
<!--vignettes-->
<control type="image">
     <visible>false</visible>
     <posx>0</posx>
     <posy>0</posy>
     <include>dimensionsFullscreen</include>
     <texture>masks/videoGrid.png</texture>
     <colordiffuse>ffffffff</colordiffuse>
     <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
</control>

Or simply delete that image control - whichever is easiest.