Kodi Community Forum
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Maximinimalism (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=209)
+----- Thread: [THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham) (/showthread.php?tid=170839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Maximinimalism 1.0.5: Now with Rom Collection Browser support - bighead85 - 2014-08-13

Hi All,
Want to say a massive thanks to thedeadman for this skin, clean and simple exactly what i am after. However there are a couple of tweaks i would like to make for my set up (across 3 x RASPBMCs, 2 x Xubuntu laptops and 2 X Windows 8.1 machines *love gadgets*).

Obviously these tweaks may not suit where your going with the skin so i was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for customising it. The changes i want to make are

Home.xml - include local IP top left (making it easy to set up new remotes etc, added this already) and <ondown> search instead of weather (problem i have is changing the label at the bottom).
I also wanted to separate out Movies and TV but struggling to add a new TV image. (or any images for that matter)

Separate Movies/TV screens using the Panel view from quartz (to display the info for movie/episode on screen without pulling up another popup).

Once again this is by far the cleanest skin i have seen I am just hoping to add these minor tweaks for my setups.
Many thanks for all your hard work

RE: Maximinimalism 1.0.5: Now with Rom Collection Browser support - thedeadman - 2014-08-13

@SherlockHolmes - I'm unlikely to split movies and tvshows further i'm afraid. The basic setup for this skin is the separation of 'watch something', 'listen to something' or 'play something'. In progress is something i'm looking at though and might make it into the next update.

@Mozillion: Right aligning next.. Yeah, that might be a better plan, i'll give it a go.

@Kunlun: Providing you mean the side menu (tvshows, movies, playlists etc) in the video section, you can add menu items for you documentaries etc by creating a playlist for them and adding as a custom menu item like you would an addon.

@bighead85: Thanks!
- Adding IP to the homescreen is easy enough. You'll need to create and position a label control in 1080i/home.xml and point it at $INFO[Network.IPAddress].
- Ondown to search is also in homeXML. Replace whatever is in the ondown action at the moment with RunScript(script.globalsearch)
- Bringing through the info like it is in Quartz will be somewhat more demanding.. You'll want to look at / edit viewsVideos.xml. If you get really stuck, give me a shout.

RE: Maximinimalism 1.0.5: Now with Rom Collection Browser support - Kunlun - 2014-08-13

@thedeadman thanks so much for the quick answer! I did not thought about having them this way, I love this skin so much, I am switching right away. Keep the awesome work! Any way to contribute to your work?

RE: Maximinimalism 1.0.5: Now with Rom Collection Browser support - Kunlun - 2014-08-13

Another question, is it possible in any way to hide the Latest, Playlists, Movies and TV Shows in the Movies section? As well as Latest Artists, Albums, Genres and TOP 100 in the Music section?

RE: Maximinimalism 1.0.5: Now with Rom Collection Browser support - thedeadman - 2014-08-13

Hi Kunlun,

Yep, you can hide them but you'll need to edit a skin file - the one you want is 1080i/Includes_menuItems.xml. Add <visible>false</visible> for each item you don't want.

Again, amazing answer. I will do, thanks so much!

RE: Maximinimalism 1.0.5: Now with Rom Collection Browser support - bexem - 2014-08-14

Beautiful skin, I love it but I've a request about the "notification system". I use yatse notification so I can see the notification from my android into xbmc while I'm whatching films/tvshows, but this skin shows the notifications only in the main menu but not during the playback...Can I enable it from somewhere?

Thank you Smile

RE: Maximinimalism 1.0.5: Now with Rom Collection Browser support - Mozillion - 2014-08-14

I asked the notifications to be removed during playback... as far as I know none of the skins that I have used show them because it's very distracting when you are watching videos that things like "Scanning library" and "Remote connected" show up (even worse if there are people watching with you).

To help me understand, what are these notifications you want to see during (video) playback?

RE: Maximinimalism 1.0.5: Now with Rom Collection Browser support - bexem - 2014-08-14

(2014-08-14, 14:13)Mozillion Wrote: I asked the notifications to be removed during playback... as far as I know none of the skins that I have used show them because it's very distracting when you are watching videos that things like "Scanning library" and "Remote connected" show up (even worse if there are people watching with you).

To help me understand, what are these notifications you want to see during (video) playback?

Using Yatse I can show whatsapp/hangout/gmail/whatIwant notification from the phone to xbmc, so I can keep in vibrate mode the phone and/or forget it in a room but at the same time be updated about new messages or calls.
I understand it can be a distraction, but it can be for you but not for me for example. An option will be good (or otherwise if someone show me how, I can edit some xml)

Smile

RE: Maximinimalism 1.0.5: Now with Rom Collection Browser support - Mozillion - 2014-08-14

Ah yes, I've seen this use case before.. I always wondered why there never have been different type of notifications or priorities...
(Maybe there are, I haven't followed XBMC core stuff recently).

RE: Maximinimalism 1.0.5: Now with Rom Collection Browser support - thedeadman - 2014-08-14

@bexem, @Mozillion,

There are two sources of these notifications in XBMC. I've recently found that some of them are critical for OSD during playback (e.g. PVR recording indicators) so i've brought them back. The next update should fix your problem (or just download the latest version from my GIT Staging branch if you don't want to wait).

The library scanning notifications will remain suppressed during playback for now.

(2014-08-14, 14:29)Mozillion Wrote: Ah yes, I've seen this use case before.. I always wondered why there never have been different type of notifications or priorities...
(Maybe there are, I haven't followed XBMC core stuff recently).

Solved by myself Smile
In DialogKaiToast there was a "!" behind the "Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo)" that it's ok if you don't want the notification during playback, but for me no...
So now....the skin is perfect! Thanks! Smile

EDIT: I read now your post @thedeadman, I'll download the updated version so Smile Thanks again!

@thedeadman: ah ok... I will give it a try

Speaking of PVR... in the fullscreen video menu there is a button with a circle, which I presume is Record? It does nothing for me (ever, as I don't have a PVR-setup and it is disabled in the settings), the same holds for Guide. Should it be there? Or is it something else?

RE: Maximinimalism 1.0.5: Now with Rom Collection Browser support - thedeadman - 2014-08-14

@Mozillion - yep, they're for PVR users. It's on my list to remove them if PVR is not active. Another one for the next update :-)

I'm so sorry I keep piling up alle these small details Tongue
A good thing that just details are left though!