Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-03

NOW ON TRANSIFEX
The skin is now on transifex, so if you want to help with translation go here: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbmc-skins/resource/skin-artic/

(2013-09-03, 11:48)somawhite402 Wrote: With the flickering issue I've found this happens on some skins on Windows if you have Task Manager on (seems to be something to do with the DWM service refreshing the CPU usage graphs) and occasionally it seems to do the same thing with the odd application (again only with applications that constantly refresh such as resource monitors etc.) I hope that's off some use to you.

Out of curiosity is there anyway of adding the ROM Browser widget (the game thingy with the cover thing <---New official name for it in this house Big Grin) when using the SIMPLE homescreen?

And to conclude this skin is utterly awesome. Thanks a lot for all the hard work, jurial. Big Grin
Thanks Big Grin

Ah that's interesting about windows. I use a linux machine and also do some testing on my macbook, so it very well could be a windows issue. I'd be interested to see what OS people with the flickering issue are using.

The game thingy with the cover thing Wink should now be available for simple homescreen on the latest git version. I'm sending a request for repo update so it will be in the next update on the skin repo too (usually takes a day or two before it gets updated).

RE: Arctic - relyter - 2013-09-03

jurialmunkey, date in lower right sometimes being cutted. Choosing "Use dark osd" reloading skin settings window, is this intentional

Could you please add posibility to customize DVD background? And more view for music files would be very nice. At least thumb view, please.

RE: Arctic - SmithersJ0nes - 2013-09-03

(2013-09-03, 00:52)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-02, 22:26)SmithersJ0nes Wrote: Hi, I have another request regarding TV Season covers. When using "Medium List" to view seasons and episodes the season page shows the correct season cover but when entering that season to show the episodes the cover reverts back to the default TV show poster (season-all). Can the logic be changed to show the season poster (season(XX)-poster) when viewing episodes for that season? Thanks for your time.
Annoyingly, xbmc only provides access to season posters in the database for videoinfo or at season level of the library. And there isn't a way to have a condition to check whether or not a file exists, so it causes problems accessing local files - it means I have to create new controls for every view type.

More complicated than I thought, thanks for taking the time to look at it.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-03

(2013-09-03, 13:00)relyter Wrote: Date in lower right sometimes being cutted. Choosing "Use dark osd" reloading skin settings window, is this intentional
Could you please add posibility to customize DVD background? And more view for music files would be very nice. At least thumb view, please.

I already fixed the date issue a couple of days ago (on git version). I'm just waiting for the skin development repo to be updated with the latest git version.

Its intentional that the skin be reloaded when changing the osd colour because otherwise the osd text colour doesn't change with it and you end up with dark text on dark background or vice versa.

Yeah there are a few things on my todo list with music files (like updating the menu to be like the others), so when I get around to that I'll add a couple more of the view options. I'll also add an option to customise the dvd background when I get a chance.

RE: Arctic - ghostelement - 2013-09-03

(2013-09-03, 12:35)jurialmunkey Wrote: NOW ON TRANSIFEX
The skin is now on transifex, so if you want to help with translation go here: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbmc-skins/resource/skin-artic/

(2013-09-03, 11:48)somawhite402 Wrote: With the flickering issue I've found this happens on some skins on Windows if you have Task Manager on (seems to be something to do with the DWM service refreshing the CPU usage graphs) and occasionally it seems to do the same thing with the odd application (again only with applications that constantly refresh such as resource monitors etc.) I hope that's off some use to you.

Out of curiosity is there anyway of adding the ROM Browser widget (the game thingy with the cover thing <---New official name for it in this house Big Grin) when using the SIMPLE homescreen?

And to conclude this skin is utterly awesome. Thanks a lot for all the hard work, jurial. Big Grin
Thanks Big Grin

Ah that's interesting about windows. I use a linux machine and also do some testing on my macbook, so it very well could be a windows issue. I'd be interested to see what OS people with the flickering issue are using.

The game thingy with the cover thing Wink should now be available for simple homescreen on the latest git version. I'm sending a request for repo update so it will be in the next update on the skin repo too (usually takes a day or two before it gets updated).

I'm running on XBMCbuntu, so Linux.

RE: Arctic - mandark - 2013-09-04

i think i have a new favourite skin. jurialmunkey, your skin is really a design-beauty and very well thought out. congratulations and many thanks for your great work! i can't wait to see it's futher progress (although it already looks quite complete)! Smile

i have one small bug report:

- when "Show music visualisation in background" is enabled in the skin settings, when displaying fullscreen-visualisation via TAB, no OSD music-info is shown at the bottom of the screen.

and one feature requests, you might want to consider, if you find it useful:

- i'm using Advanced Launcher a lot and have all my thumbnails prepared as square images. some views work rather fine for this, but unfortunately some cool views like "Wall", "Reel", "Classic Info" or "Info Poster" don't as they are built for poster-format thumbs. maybe you could add an additional "View option" to tell the skin to display the thumbs as squares.

RE: Arctic - ghostelement - 2013-09-04

(2013-09-03, 04:16)ghostelement Wrote: I am experiencing some flickering on the bottom of the screen and on the right side of my screen. I only get the flickering when using this skin. I've made a couple quick videos of it here:
http://youtu.be/x2Th-As0joY
http://youtu.be/dOyLFe5DWoE

Anyone know what might cause that?

After today's(?) update, I don't have the flickering issue anymore.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-04

(2013-09-04, 05:22)ghostelement Wrote: After today's(?) update, I don't have the flickering issue anymore.

Excellent! That's great news. Big Grin

There was a very faint additional background overlay that I removed in the hope that it was perhaps related to that. I guess some graphics cards/drivers must have an issue with the layering or something.

Can you let me know if it starts happening again? I really hope I've fixed it *fingers crossed*.

(2013-09-04, 07:10)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-04, 05:22)ghostelement Wrote: After today's(?) update, I don't have the flickering issue anymore.

Excellent! That's great news. Big Grin

There was a very faint additional background overlay that I removed in the hope that it was perhaps related to that. I guess some graphics cards/drivers must have an issue with the layering or something.

Can you let me know if it starts happening again? I really hope I've fixed it *fingers crossed*.

I'll keep an eye out! Smile

RE: Arctic - somawhite402 - 2013-09-04

Thanks for the addition of the ROM Browser widget to the simple homescreen. That's the last feature I was actually missing a lot. Actually this kind of sucks, now I have nothing to complain about! Wink

Well I'm off to begin a desperate search for something to bitch and whine about. Big Grin

Out of curiosity do you have any plans to bring ROM Browser/Advanced Launcher more in line visually with the skin? As in similar viewtypes/context menus etc?

Wow. I'm already bitching... it must be my innate English ability to always find something to complain about. Tongue

RE: Arctic - Cassiel - 2013-09-04

(2013-09-03, 12:35)jurialmunkey Wrote: NOW ON TRANSIFEX
100% translated to German now. How to download the .po files within Transifex? Would like to test the translation and see if it all fits into the GUI nicely Smile

RE: Arctic - Ferdi-T - 2013-09-04

Trying it right now, and it's an excellent skin. Great job, one of my faves.

One thing though... I cannot figure out how to get into my Musicvideo's (which is actually what I use my machine the most for). Any idea's where it is?

I noticed that there are no scroll bars in the skin. When going through a large list, I will usually switch it to scroll by pages, but in this skin, there is no indication when you arrow over to activate that mode. It can be very confusing. Is there any plan to get some scroll bars added?

Re: RE: Arctic - blondeshanks - 2013-09-04

(2013-09-04, 21:05)ghostelement Wrote: I noticed that there are no scroll bars in the skin. When going through a large list, I will usually switch it to scroll by pages, but in this skin, there is no indication when you arrow over to activate that mode. It can be very confusing. Is there any plan to get some scroll bars added?

Hi,

Wondered this myself but if you look closely at the very bottom (or very side) of your screen depending on your view setting you will see a small blue dot... that's your indicator that you're in page scroll mode

Hopefully theres no plan to change this as its beautifully minimal

Hope this helps

RE: Arctic - micoba - 2013-09-05

Hi!

Dark osd doesn't seem to work anymore!? The screen blacks out shortly and returns to the way it looked...