Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-04, 03:02)mandark Wrote: i think i have a new favourite skin. jurialmunkey, your skin is really a design-beauty and very well thought out. congratulations and many thanks for your great work! i can't wait to see it's futher progress (although it already looks quite complete)!

- when "Show music visualisation in background" is enabled in the skin settings, when displaying fullscreen-visualisation via TAB, no OSD music-info is shown at the bottom of the screen.

- i'm using Advanced Launcher a lot and have all my thumbnails prepared as square images. some views work rather fine for this, but unfortunately some cool views like "Wall", "Reel", "Classic Info" or "Info Poster" don't as they are built for poster-format thumbs. maybe you could add an additional "View option" to tell the skin to display the thumbs as squares.
Thanks Big Grin

Fixed the music vis bug in the latest git version (repo version will be updated in a couple of days). Good catch!

Yeah I've been meaning to make some updates for Adv Launcher, just haven't had the time. I can't just use the existing views because changing to a square would mess up the alignment, so I basically need to have a new viewtype for each square version (mostly I would probably use existing music viewtypes and modify them for Adv. Launcher - but it still takes quite a bit of time to convert them all and test them etc.).

(2013-09-04, 11:46)somawhite402 Wrote: Thanks for the addition of the ROM Browser widget to the simple homescreen. That's the last feature I was actually missing a lot. Actually this kind of sucks, now I have nothing to complain about! Wink

Out of curiosity do you have any plans to bring ROM Browser/Advanced Launcher more in line visually with the skin? As in similar viewtypes/context menus etc? Wow. I'm already bitching... it must be my innate English ability to always find something to complain about. Tongue
Hahaha, no problem Wink
I had actually intended it to be available to the simple home as well but I had left out a little bit of code.

Yeah ROM browser is one of the things next on my to do list - its been really neglected and its actually what I prefer to use (I like being able to browse through all my games together regardless of the console).

(2013-09-04, 19:28)Cassiel Wrote: 100% translated to German now. How to download the .po files within Transifex? Would like to test the translation and see if it all fits into the GUI nicely Smile
Excellent! I'm really not that familiar with the actual transifex system, so I don't know how to download them from there or even if it is possible. The translations get synced (by alanwww1) regularly with the xbmc translation github, which is where I then download the .po files from and merge them with the master branch.

https://github.com/xbmc/translations/tree/master/translations/xbmc-skins/merged-langfiles/skin.artic
^^ This is the where they go, but you will have to wait until they are synced. Sync is supposed to happen every 2-3 days, but more realistically I think it happens about once a week.

(2013-09-04, 19:59)Ferdi-T Wrote: Trying it right now, and it's an excellent skin. Great job, one of my faves.

One thing though... I cannot figure out how to get into my Musicvideo's (which is actually what I use my machine the most for). Any idea's where it is?
Thanks Smile

You will have to create your own custom sub menu tile. Change the type to "custom" and use one of the following for the path:
ActivateWindow(Videos,MusicVideoTitles,return)
ActivateWindow(Videos,MusicVideoArtists,return)
ActivateWindow(Videos,MusicVideoAlbums,return)

There isn't much skin support currently as I have never had much luck getting all my music videos to scrape properly for me so I just end up creating a favourite that is a shortcut to my music video directory in video files.

(2013-09-04, 21:05)ghostelement Wrote: I noticed that there are no scroll bars in the skin. When going through a large list, I will usually switch it to scroll by pages, but in this skin, there is no indication when you arrow over to activate that mode. It can be very confusing. Is there any plan to get some scroll bars added?
See blondeshanks answer above. Its intended to be quite minimal and only show when it is selected.

If the view scrolls horizontally the scrollbar blue dot is at the bottom of the screen, if it scrolls vertically the scrollbar is on the right side, except for low list and medium list where the scrollbar is on the left because pressing right in those views extends the plot info. Also, in the view header at the top left it shows how many pages there are and what page you are on.

(2013-09-05, 00:12)micoba Wrote: Dark osd doesn't seem to work anymore!? The screen blacks out shortly and returns to the way it looked...

Its working fine for me. Perhaps you are confusing osd with colour theme? OSD refers to the controls and info displayed by pressing "m" or "i" whilst a fullscreen video is playing. If you want to change the colour theme of the skin its at "Settings > Appearance > Skin > Colours" (underneath where you change between skins).

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-09-05

I know this is not the place for this question but does anyone know the link for the latest release of the working Artwork.downloader?

I've asked this question in the artwork.downloader forum but can't seem to get an answer. Can anyone assist?

RE: Arctic - furii - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-05, 05:30)hoopsdavis Wrote: I know this is not the place for this question but does anyone know the link for the latest release of the working Artwork.downloader?

I've asked this question in the artwork.downloader forum but can't seem to get an answer. Can anyone assist?

it's fixed on AD github. you can either clone it or just wait for it to get updated in the official repo.

its here: https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.artwork.downloader

(2013-09-05, 05:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: its here: https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.artwork.downloader

Weird, still didn't work for me. I still get the script error.

Oh well.

(2013-09-05, 06:00)hoopsdavis Wrote: Weird, still didn't work for me. I still get the script error.

Are you getting it when you try to select new artwork or do you get it at some other point?

You have to delete the old artwork downloader script from your addons dir before you clone the git one - and you probably have to restart xbmc after you putting it into your addons dir. I wouldn't worry about it too much though, I'm pretty sure it will be updated on the official repo in the next couple of days.

(2013-09-05, 06:20)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-05, 06:00)hoopsdavis Wrote: Weird, still didn't work for me. I still get the script error.

Are you getting it when you try to select new artwork or do you get it at some other point?

You have to delete the old artwork downloader script from your addons dir before you clone the git one - and you probably have to restart xbmc after you putting it into your addons dir. I wouldn't worry about it too much though, I'm pretty sure it will be updated on the official repo in the next couple of days.

Thanks, I was only getting the script error when trying to download individual art work. I'll delete from addon dir and try again.

(2013-09-05, 06:20)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Thanks jurial, it seems to be working now

RE: Arctic - ghostelement - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-04, 21:26)blondeshanks Wrote:
(2013-09-04, 21:05)ghostelement Wrote: I noticed that there are no scroll bars in the skin. When going through a large list, I will usually switch it to scroll by pages, but in this skin, there is no indication when you arrow over to activate that mode. It can be very confusing. Is there any plan to get some scroll bars added?

Hi,

Wondered this myself but if you look closely at the very bottom (or very side) of your screen depending on your view setting you will see a small blue dot... that's your indicator that you're in page scroll mode

Hopefully theres no plan to change this as its beautifully minimal

Hope this helps

Thanks for pointing that out! I totally would have missed those if you didn't. Those are nice, but maybe just a little bit too subtle?

RE: Arctic - ghostelement - 2013-09-05

One thing I miss from Aeon Nox is the fact that it lists the media type when browsing. For instance, if the movie is a bluray movie, it shows the bluray symbol. Another way of doing this is to allow the posters to have the case overlay for that type of media. Are there any plans to add this type of media detection?

RE: Arctic - ferent - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-05, 18:30)ghostelement Wrote: Anotheri way of doing this is to allow the posters to have the case overlay for that type of media. Are there any plans to add this type of media detection?
Then Artik wouldn't be so minimalist and fast ....

RE: Arctic - relyter - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-05, 18:30)ghostelement Wrote: Another way of doing this is to allow the posters to have the case overlay for that type of media. Are there any plans to add this type of media detection?
Ooooh, no. No cases. It's always so ugly. Smile

(2013-09-05, 22:19)relyter Wrote:
(2013-09-05, 18:30)ghostelement Wrote: Another way of doing this is to allow the posters to have the case overlay for that type of media. Are there any plans to add this type of media detection?
Ooooh, no. No cases. It's always so ugly. Smile

I agree, I've never cared for the cases. I prefer just the poster with the light reflection look.

RE: Arctic - Cassiel - 2013-09-05

Cases are a wasted use of resources in my opinion. Go and head for Aeon MQ4 or Nox if you want a full blown UI. Minimal (non-skeomorphistic) is always better. See Metro, iOS 7 and Android e.g.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-06

Yeah sorry, no cases. Anyway, skins simply use the resolution to "detect" whether it is blu-ray or dvd: i.e. 480, 540, 576 are dvd and 720, 1080 are blu-ray -- and that info is already available in the infotags at the bottom of the screen anyway. The video source is fairly irrelevant - its how its encoded that matters.
Smile