Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-09-14

(2013-09-14, 22:42)Branphma Wrote: Hi jurial...

I was wondering if you could add "running text" for the tv channels in the view on the screenshot and in the epg view. It should scroll vom left to right. I don't know if that would be much to code, if its not too much it would be a great thing to haveBig Grin

I'm wondering if its possible to put in the number and jump to that channel in the guide or the onscreen epg view guide shown above

RE: Arctic - SmithersJ0nes - 2013-09-15

Think I noticed a bug, all my "R" rated movies were showing the "G" rated logo ("G" rated movies show the correct logo). Doesn't happen in Confluence skin. Seems to be this variable in Includes_flags.xml:

<variable name="MovieMPAAVar_US">
<value condition="SubString(ListItem.MPAA,PG-13) | SubString(Container(100).ListItem.Property(MPAA),PG-13)">us/pg-13</value>
<value condition="SubString(ListItem.MPAA,PG) | SubString(ListItem.MPAA,Approved) | SubString(Container(100).ListItem.Property(MPAA),PG) | SubString(Container(100).ListItem.Property(MPAA),Approved)">us/pg</value>
<value condition="SubString(ListItem.MPAA,G) | SubString(Container(100).ListItem.Property(MPAA),G)">us/g</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(ListItem.MPAA,R) | SubString(ListItem.MPAA,Rated R) | SubString(ListItem.MPAA,USA:R) | StringCompare(Container(100).ListItem.Property(MPAA),R) | SubString(Container(100).ListItem.Property(MPAA),Rated R) | SubString(Container(100).ListItem.Property(MPAA),USA:R)">us/r</value>
<value condition="SubString(ListItem.MPAA,17) | SubString(Container(100).ListItem.Property(MPAA),17)">us/nc-17</value>
<value>us/nr</value>
</variable>

If I remove "<value condition="SubString(ListItem.MPAA,G) | SubString(Container(100).ListItem.Property(MPAA),G)">us/g</value>" the "R" rating logo starts to show but obviously I now have no "G" rating logos. Managed to fix it by changing the "G" value to match the "R" value:

<value condition="StringCompare(ListItem.MPAA,G) | SubString(ListItem.MPAA,Rated G) | SubString(ListItem.MPAA,USA:G) | StringCompare(Container(100).ListItem.Property(MPAA),G) | SubString(Container(100).ListItem.Property(MPAA),Rated G) | SubString(Container(100).ListItem.Property(MPAA),USA:G)">us/g</value>

Not sure if this is the correct way to fix it but it works so I'm happy enough, any ideas what the issue was, thanks.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-15

(2013-09-14, 12:47)st graveyard Wrote: - When playing a TV show and pressing pause or I I would really like to have the 'first aired' date somewhere on that screen. I just like that piece of info. Just a suggestion of course ...
- Is clear art used somewhere in this skin? I'm missing that ...
- I have noticed RCB is integrated, but are there plans to create different views? I mean, it would be cool to have preview movie integration, like this :

The main screenshot overhere is actually a preview movie. It would be cool to have a slick Artic view especially for RCB (the screenshot you see overhere is from MQ4). Or perhaps making the existing views available for RCB integration. Also the info screen for RCB games is not finished in Arctic.
I've added the first aired date for the osd in latest git. I thought I had already, but it was just year for movies.
Clearart isn't really used anywhere (except Next Aired). I really like clearart and have wanted to use it, but always end up finding it is too inconsistent for my tastes (especially the alignment and cropping of it).

I'm aware that RCB needs a lot of work and parts are unfinished (that's why this skin is still a WIP). I do have a lot of things planned for it - it really just comes down to finding the time. Its not simply a matter of "making the existing views available for RCB". There are a number of issues that have to be dealt with such as different info labels, different visibility conditions and differing artwork aspect ratios -- and also testing to make sure everything is working correctly.

(2013-09-14, 22:42)Branphma Wrote: I was wondering if you could add "running text" for the tv channels in the view on the screenshot and in the epg view. It should scroll vom left to right. I don't know if that would be much to code, if its not too much it would be a great thing to haveBig Grin
I've added scrolling text for the focused item in latest git. I'm not going to add it to the unfocused items as it gets confusing when everything starts scrolling all at once.

(2013-09-14, 22:51)hoopsdavis Wrote: I'm wondering if its possible to put in the number and jump to that channel in the guide or the onscreen epg view guide shown above
This is dealt with by xbmc. In my keymap, my remote buttons are bound to JumpSMS which jumps to that letter in the list (e.g pressing 3 jumps to D then pressing again to E then F). AFAIK its not possible to do for channel numbers in pvrosdchannels -- might be worth making a feature request to the xbmc team.

(2013-09-15, 00:09)SmithersJ0nes Wrote: Think I noticed a bug, all my "R" rated movies were showing the "G" rated logo ("G" rated movies show the correct logo). Doesn't happen in Confluence skin. Seems to be this variable in Includes_flags.xml:
Any ideas what the issue was, thanks.
The only reason that would happen was if your R rated movies mpaa tags were scraped with a G in them. For instance, instead of your mpaa tags being scraped as "Rated R" they were scraped as "R Rating" thus providing a hit for "substring" (substring looks to see if a string is contained within another string -- in this case where there is a G in the mpaa info).

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-09-15

Jurial, something I noticed, when you're watching LiveTV and you hit the Info "I" key, part of the title info is cut off on the second line. It appears the "Genre" is mostly cut off after the second or third letter.

Sorry about that. I just forgot to change the width value for the wider osd. Fixed now.

Thanks Jurial

One question, I noticed the EPG Timeline info is no longer in bold, was that done on purpose to make the time slots fit better?

(2013-09-15, 06:05)hoopsdavis Wrote: Thanks Jurial

One question, I noticed the EPG Timeline info is no longer in bold, was that done on purpose to make the time slots fit better?

Yeah, using all-caps uses significantly more horizontal space. Do you think it makes it too hard to read?

(2013-09-15, 06:56)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-15, 06:05)hoopsdavis Wrote: Thanks Jurial

Yeah, using all-caps uses significantly more horizontal space. Do you think it makes it too hard to read?

It does make it a little harder to read.

maybe get others opinion.

What do you think, does it work for you?

(2013-09-15, 07:12)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-09-15, 06:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yeah, using all-caps uses significantly more horizontal space. Do you think it makes it too hard to read?
Well, I just got new glasses so everything is super sharp for me at the moment so its a little hard for me to tell (and without my glasses anything more than about 5ft away is blurry regardless of font size). I did bump the size up by 2 just now because I do think it was a little small (latest git). What do you think - is that enough or does it need to go back to caps?

I'll pull down the updates now and tell you, give me a sec

(2013-09-15, 07:32)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-15, 07:12)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-09-15, 06:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yeah, using all-caps uses significantly more horizontal space. Do you think it makes it too hard to read?
Well, I just got new glasses so everything is super sharp for me at the moment so its a little hard for me to tell (and without my glasses anything more than about 5ft away is blurry regardless of font size). I did bump the size up by 2 just now because I do think it was a little small (latest git). What do you think - is that enough or does it need to go back to caps?

Jurial, that's much better.

RE: Arctic - st graveyard - 2013-09-15

(2013-09-15, 04:50)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-14, 12:47)st graveyard Wrote: - When playing a TV show and pressing pause or I I would really like to have the 'first aired' date somewhere on that screen. I just like that piece of info. Just a suggestion of course ...
- Is clear art used somewhere in this skin? I'm missing that ...
- I have noticed RCB is integrated, but are there plans to create different views? I mean, it would be cool to have preview movie integration, like this :

The main screenshot overhere is actually a preview movie. It would be cool to have a slick Artic view especially for RCB (the screenshot you see overhere is from MQ4). Or perhaps making the existing views available for RCB integration. Also the info screen for RCB games is not finished in Arctic.
I've added the first aired date for the osd in latest git. I thought I had already, but it was just year for movies.
Clearart isn't really used anywhere (except Next Aired). I really like clearart and have wanted to use it, but always end up finding it is too inconsistent for my tastes (especially the alignment and cropping of it).

I'm aware that RCB needs a lot of work and parts are unfinished (that's why this skin is still a WIP). I do have a lot of things planned for it - it really just comes down to finding the time. Its not simply a matter of "making the existing views available for RCB". There are a number of issues that have to be dealt with such as different info labels, different visibility conditions and differing artwork aspect ratios -- and also testing to make sure everything is working correctly.

Updated to the latest git, looks great. Thanks.

Regarding the clear art. Now you have the option to add logo or poster when you press 'I' or pause. Maybe a third option to show the clear art would be cool? This way, Arctic also uses clear art in the main sections ...

Thanks for the positive feedback on RCB. I know it is a lot of work, I'm just happy it is considered for this great skin. I will gladly help with testing as I have a great collection set up in MQ4.

I also checked out the Picture section. Most skinners don't do anything special for this section, maybe one day Arctic can set an example, making this section less boring (not just file manager type of view). I have some suggestions here I would gladly share one day (although I understand this is far from priority).

Cheers.

Edit: I know notice that in GIT version, the picture section has new additional views. Wasn't aware of this. Sorry, it looks already great! Maybe one day we can add a view that also supports text containing notes we like to add to the picture sections (if we create our own nfo files)

RE: Arctic - SmithersJ0nes - 2013-09-15

(2013-09-15, 04:50)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-15, 00:09)SmithersJ0nes Wrote: Think I noticed a bug, all my "R" rated movies were showing the "G" rated logo ("G" rated movies show the correct logo). Doesn't happen in Confluence skin. Seems to be this variable in Includes_flags.xml:
Any ideas what the issue was, thanks.
The only reason that would happen was if your R rated movies mpaa tags were scraped with a G in them. For instance, instead of your mpaa tags being scraped as "Rated R" they were scraped as "R Rating" thus providing a hit for "substring" (substring looks to see if a string is contained within another string -- in this case where there is a G in the mpaa info).

That's not the case, all start "Rated R", and as I said the issue was only with Arctic skin. Example of some below:

<mpaa>Rated R for violence and some language</mpaa>
<mpaa>Rated R for strong language and several scenes of violence.</mpaa>
<mpaa>Rated R for martial arts violence.</mpaa>
<mpaa>Rated R for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, drug material, teen drinking and some violence.</mpaa>
<mpaa>Rated R for sexual content and brief language</mpaa>
<mpaa>Rated R for western violence and smoking.</mpaa>

RE: Arctic - DhrChibi - 2013-09-15

Thanks! I love it

(2013-09-15, 10:56)SmithersJ0nes Wrote:
(2013-09-15, 04:50)jurialmunkey Wrote: The only reason that would happen was if your R rated movies mpaa tags were scraped with a G in them. For instance, instead of your mpaa tags being scraped as "Rated R" they were scraped as "R Rating" thus providing a hit for "substring" (substring looks to see if a string is contained within another string -- in this case where there is a G in the mpaa info).

That's not the case, all start "Rated R", and as I said the issue was only with Arctic skin. Example of some below:

<mpaa>Rated R for violence and some language</mpaa>
<mpaa>Rated R for strong language and several scenes of violence.</mpaa>
<mpaa>Rated R for martial arts violence.</mpaa>
<mpaa>Rated R for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, drug material, teen drinking and some violence.</mpaa>
<mpaa>Rated R for sexual content and brief language</mpaa>
<mpaa>Rated R for western violence and smoking.</mpaa>
You have misunderstood - I was explaining why it happens with this skin. See all the G letters? The reason it doesn't happen with confluence is that confluence has very strict rating matches that must match "Rated R" exactly. - Whereas here the match is simply by the letter given by the rating so that it will match even if the the "Rating" prefix is changed -- for instance, some people might have an mpaa tag like such: "USA:R" and then that wouldn't match in confluence. The downside with the system I am using is that these sorts of extended ratings like you have then give false matches. I'm interested to know what scraper you used to get these mpaa tags?

RE: Arctic - st graveyard - 2013-09-15

Jurial,

I'm missing sound effects in Arctic. Or is this done on purpose? a little bit of navigating sounds would make it even beter, I think.

Cheers.