Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - MeMeMe - 2013-09-22

(2013-09-22, 00:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-20, 10:46)MeMeMe Wrote: When using advanced launcher or SteamBMC, i have access to a bunch of games and other programs, that have descriptions. I cant figure out how to get their descriptions to display. Edit: when looking at the views available, only Big List and Thumbnail are available.
There should be a number of views for Adv.Launcher. I will be adding the info wall view as a view for add-ons, I'm just in the middle of making some changes to other parts of the skin so I can't commit it yet -- but it should be in soon.

So there are. Is there any chance of making those views available for all Programs (all addons viewed under the Programs submenu)?

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-09-22

(2013-09-22, 03:54)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-22, 03:09)hoopsdavis Wrote: Need a little help. See below image how the movie info in the set shows, this works fine on my server/client pc but on my client only pc I'm unable to get the set info to show.

Is there a setting I'm missing?
By server/client do you mean that your media files are centralised on a server then shared via a network protocol such as samba? Or does your server also share the actual library database?

Either way, check that you have the extended info script installed on your client machine -- https://github.com/phil65/script.extendedinfo

The extended info script is what makes set info accessible to the skin.
- If you have it installed and your xbmc library database files are shared then my guess would be that the extended info script doesn't play nicely with remote database files.
- If its only media files that are shared and the client pc has its own library database then my guess would be an issue with the way the movie info scraper is set up on that machine (i.e. its not grabbing the set info to begin with).

Hi Jurial,

i have the extendedinfoscript installed, but i don't get the movie set info as well. I am using Classic Info viewtype and it just shows for example "The Avengers Collection" but not the movies which it contains underneath. All my movies are on internal harddrives of my pc which is running XBMC. Tried the latest git already...Aeon Nox does show them, don't know what i am missingSad

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-22

(2013-09-22, 06:32)MeMeMe Wrote: Is there any chance of making those views available for all Programs (all addons viewed under the Programs submenu)?
Banner and Info Wall will be making an appearance in 0.4.0 sometime this week.

(2013-09-22, 11:49)Branphma Wrote: i have the extendedinfoscript installed, but i don't get the movie set info as well. I am using Classic Info viewtype and it just shows for example "The Avengers Collection" but not the movies which it contains underneath. All my movies are on internal harddrives of my pc which is running XBMC. Tried the latest git already...Aeon Nox does show them, don't know what i am missingSad
Are you using Gotham by any chance? It wont work with Gotham currently because the names of videodb nodes have changed in Gotham and I haven't updated them in the skin yet (and won't be doing so until there is a feature freeze and a beta out). Otherwise, I'm not really sure what the issue could be -- its definitely working for me... In the words of the IT Crowd: 'have you tried turning it off and on again' Tongue

RE: Arctic - PatrickBateman - 2013-09-22

Hi,

I'm now using the latest git, love the new tweaks. I have tested the new view for files mode (thumbs) however, is it possible to add a wall type view for non scraped media?

I used a USB drive, with movies in folders, with folder.jpg etc included. I don't scrape these in but I do view them usually (in xp1080) as a "wall" view which displays the folder.jpg etc and makes that media "appear" as if it's already scraped into the library. Will more views make an appearance in the future?

The addition of the option to remove the ^ arrow from the home screen menu is a god send, it looks so smooth and clean now. I just find myself staring at its beauty Smile

I did notice one small thing in lovefilm view (movies) when no fan art is present the film camera icon is very low res and ugly looking, could this be replaced/upgraded?

OSD is perfect, I use dark version and is just.... Perfect! Love it.

When selecting movie genre etc there are only 2 views, Will we see more views in here too?

I still notice a jerky movement between navigation, however as you mention xp1080 uses smaller fan art etc but hopefully this can be optimised in the future.

I'm struggling to find anything to request with this skin, its so hard to pick faults with, it's almost prefect.
Incredibly, beautifully simple!
I love it!

Looking forward to next update Smile
But don't add too much Wink

RE: Arctic - st graveyard - 2013-09-22

(2013-09-22, 00:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: 1. I'm not sure what you mean by "title" artwork for rcb? Like I said before, the ones that I can see in rcb are: fanart, boxfront, cartridge and boxback. If it is one of those, then no I can't really do it because a lot of people wont have their rom collection artwork set up that way.

JM,

In RCB you have the option to add numerous type of artwork to a game. 6 of these types are shown in the skins. For example in my case, gamplay movie on the main screen, 3D box in the main screen, and 4 other artwork types in the info screen (2D box front, 2D box back, title screen, ingame screenshot). However, you can add more than 6 different types. One of the types is called 'Title'.
The 4 types you are talking about are the actual names of the placement in the info view. I've discussed about this with Malte and the way it is set up now is actually wrong, as these 4 types in the info view are hardcoded (their names) and you can actually add whichever type you want in the info view using the RCB config file. For example, you could add a 'cart' image in the boxfront position of the info view.

If it is not clear to you, I will share more info with screenshots ...

Cheers

RE: Arctic - User 137418 - 2013-09-22

(2013-08-23, 00:06)kri kri Wrote: Would you ever consider supporting plexbmc? Amber supports it and I love it, but I would like to try this on for size.

I would also love to see plexbmc support for it as well as a little feature like this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98567 to auto prompt for episode deletion to show at the end of a show. There are plenty of people that don't want to see that kind of feature for fear of accidentally deleting something from their libraries, but I think it totally makes sense now that there is PVR support and that is a very Tivo-like feature.

Thanks again for all the work!

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-09-22

(2013-09-22, 13:04)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-22, 11:49)Branphma Wrote: i have the extendedinfoscript installed, but i don't get the movie set info as well. I am using Classic Info viewtype and it just shows for example "The Avengers Collection" but not the movies which it contains underneath. All my movies are on internal harddrives of my pc which is running XBMC. Tried the latest git already...Aeon Nox does show them, don't know what i am missingSad
Are you using Gotham by any chance? It wont work with Gotham currently because the names of videodb nodes have changed in Gotham and I haven't updated them in the skin yet (and won't be doing so until there is a feature freeze and a beta out). Otherwise, I'm not really sure what the issue could be -- its definitely working for me... In the words of the IT Crowd: 'have you tried turning it off and on again' Tongue

I am using Frodo 12.2. Tried a fresh system by deleting the appdata folder (reinstalled extendedinfoscript and arctic skin). But still no there is no list of the movies in a set.

RE: Arctic - PatrickBateman - 2013-09-22

Small bug,

When using "update" to rescan / update library (from the home screen), if you navigate to any other screen during this process (settings etc) when you return back to home screen the scan continues, however the text notificatio/progress n in the top right of the screen disappears.

Also, when updating it says "scanning movies using the movie dat..." Can the text limit be increased so we can see the full text, or the font size reduced slightly to allow this to display correctly (I think having this font similar to the size etc of the "date" font below the clock would work) or anything you think you look right.

Cheers,

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-09-22

Jurial, I was wondering if the "ViewTypesPVR.xml in the addons\arctic\i1080 folder could be edited to pull epg data such as sports team names and episode names to show in EPG Timeline.

I'm thinking we're looking for something like this:

<control>
<description>Current program name</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>27</id>
<posX>374</posX>
<posY>614</posY>
<label>#TV.Guide.EpisodeName</label>
<align>left</align>
<font>font14</font>
<textcolor>FFB2D4F5</textcolor>
<animation effect="fade" time="250">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="fade" time="500">WindowClose</animation>
</control>

The one and only thing that is important about this block is <label>#TV.Guide.EpisodeName</label>. This will display the name of the sports event/Episode Name. Leave the <type> and <id> alone as well.

RE: Arctic - MeMeMe - 2013-09-22

(2013-09-22, 13:04)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-22, 06:32)MeMeMe Wrote: Is there any chance of making those views available for all Programs (all addons viewed under the Programs submenu)?
Banner and Info Wall will be making an appearance in 0.4.0 sometime this week.

That's great! Thanks. Any chance you could add Low List and Classic Info too?

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-09-22

Jurial, another thought/request Smile You know how you added the "Next Recording" at the top right of screen when "LiveTV" is highlighted?

Is there anyway to scroll through all recordings scheduled for that day, currently it only shows one. (If that's too much work, don't worry about it)

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-23

(2013-09-22, 15:21)PatrickBateman Wrote: (1) I'm now using the latest git, love the new tweaks. I have tested the new view for files mode (thumbs) however, is it possible to add a wall type view for non scraped media? [...] displays the folder.jpg etc and makes that media "appear" as if it's already scraped into the library. Will more views make an appearance in the future? When selecting movie genre etc there are only 2 views, Will we see more views in here too?

(2) I did notice one small thing in lovefilm view (movies) when no fan art is present the film camera icon is very low res and ugly looking, could this be replaced/upgraded?

(3) When using "update" to rescan / update library (from the home screen), if you navigate to any other screen during this process (settings etc) when you return back to home screen the scan continues, however the text notificatio/progress n in the top right of the screen disappears.

(4) Also, when updating it says "scanning movies using the movie dat..." Can the text limit be increased so we can see the full text, or the font size reduced slightly to allow this to display correctly (I think having this font similar to the size etc of the "date" font below the clock would work) or anything you think you look right.
Thanks Blush

1. More views for both are planned. I'll have to set up some test folders with folder.jpg inside them...

2. Ah I see. This will be fixed in 0.4.0 (probably will be up today or tomorrow, there is just some other code I'm working on that needs to be finished before I commit it to git or else it will break everything...) I'm surprised that you do not have at least a thumbnail for the video: I'm guessing you must have "Settings > Videos > File lists > Extract thumbnails and video information" disabled because I had nothing in my library without at-least a video thumb (so I had to set the icon manually to see how low-res it was).

3. Its because of a recent fix I made for a separate bug of movie info showing on the homescreen if you press the home button on a remote when the movie info is open. Will be fixed in 0.4.0

4. Will be fixed in 0.4.0

(2013-09-22, 15:32)st graveyard Wrote: In RCB you have the option to add numerous type of artwork to a game. 6 of these types are shown in the skins. For example in my case, gamplay movie on the main screen, 3D box in the main screen, and 4 other artwork types in the info screen (2D box front, 2D box back, title screen, ingame screenshot). However, you can add more than 6 different types. One of the types is called 'Title'.
Ah I see. Can you provide me a link to some info on adding these additional artwork types? I can't see any way to add them via the RCB settings gui.

(2013-09-22, 15:58)milkman dan Wrote: I would also love to see plexbmc support for it as well as a little feature like this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98567 to auto prompt for episode deletion to show at the end of a show. There are plenty of people that don't want to see that kind of feature for fear of accidentally deleting something from their libraries, but I think it totally makes sense now that there is PVR support and that is a very Tivo-like feature.
Plexbmc support will come one day, but there's still a lot for me to do before I get to that stage. I see what you are saying about auto-deletion, but I'm not really comfortable adding a feature like that unless it is actually built into xbmc rather than a 3rd party script. I'd just rather not have to deal with a bunch of people accidentally deleting their videos then coming on here and complaining about it.

(2013-09-22, 16:36)Branphma Wrote: I am using Frodo 12.2. Tried a fresh system by deleting the appdata folder (reinstalled extendedinfoscript and arctic skin). But still no there is no list of the movies in a set.
This is very strange. So is it not showing any information at all? And you say it is working in Aeon Nox? Can you tell me exactly what view in Aeon Nox you are using so that I can look at the code (and perhaps a screenshot comparing Arctic to Aeon Nox).

(2013-09-22, 18:05)hoopsdavis Wrote: (1) The one and only thing that is important about this block is <label>#TV.Guide.EpisodeName</label>. This will display the name of the sports event/Episode Name. Leave the <type> and <id> alone as well.

(2) You know how you added the "Next Recording" at the top right of screen when "LiveTV" is highlighted? Is there anyway to scroll through all recordings scheduled for that day, currently it only shows one.
1. What is this from? It certainly isn't a built-in xbmc info label. Can you provide me a link to some more info on this?
2. Its not currently possible. xbmc only provides an info label for the next scheduled timer.

(2013-09-22, 18:16)MeMeMe Wrote: That's great! Thanks. Any chance you could add Low List and Classic Info too?
Probably not this time around. Add-ons needs views with a square aspect ratio (these both have poster). I will be adding some additional square views to Adv Launcher in the future, so I will make them available to Add-ons also when I do.

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-09-23

(2013-09-23, 00:40)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-22, 15:21)PatrickBateman Wrote: (1) I'm now using the latest git, love the new tweaks. I have tested the new view for files mode (thumbs) however, is it possible to add a wall type view for non scraped media? [...] displays the folder.jpg etc and makes that media "appear" as if it's already scraped into the library. Will more views make an appearance in the future? When selecting movie genre etc there are only 2 views, Will we see more views in here too?

(2) I did notice one small thing in lovefilm view (movies) when no fan art is present the film camera icon is very low res and ugly looking, could this be replaced/upgraded?

(3) When using "update" to rescan / update library (from the home screen), if you navigate to any other screen during this process (settings etc) when you return back to home screen the scan continues, however the text notificatio/progress n in the top right of the screen disappears.

(4) Also, when updating it says "scanning movies using the movie dat..." Can the text limit be increased so we can see the full text, or the font size reduced slightly to allow this to display correctly (I think having this font similar to the size etc of the "date" font below the clock would work) or anything you think you look right.
Thanks Blush

1. More views for both are planned. I'll have to set up some test folders with folder.jpg inside them...

2. Ah I see. This will be fixed in 0.4.0 (probably will be up today or tomorrow, there is just some other code I'm working on that needs to be finished before I commit it to git or else it will break everything...) I'm surprised that you do not have at least a thumbnail for the video: I'm guessing you must have "Settings > Videos > File lists > Extract thumbnails and video information" disabled because I had nothing in my library without at-least a video thumb (so I had to set the icon manually to see how low-res it was).

3. Its because of a recent fix I made for a separate bug of movie info showing on the homescreen if you press the home button on a remote when the movie info is open. Will be fixed in 0.4.0

4. Will be fixed in 0.4.0

(2013-09-22, 15:32)st graveyard Wrote: In RCB you have the option to add numerous type of artwork to a game. 6 of these types are shown in the skins. For example in my case, gamplay movie on the main screen, 3D box in the main screen, and 4 other artwork types in the info screen (2D box front, 2D box back, title screen, ingame screenshot). However, you can add more than 6 different types. One of the types is called 'Title'.
Ah I see. Can you provide me a link to some info on adding these additional artwork types? I can't see any way to add them via the RCB settings gui.

(2013-09-22, 15:58)milkman dan Wrote: I would also love to see plexbmc support for it as well as a little feature like this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98567 to auto prompt for episode deletion to show at the end of a show. There are plenty of people that don't want to see that kind of feature for fear of accidentally deleting something from their libraries, but I think it totally makes sense now that there is PVR support and that is a very Tivo-like feature.
Plexbmc support will come one day, but there's still a lot for me to do before I get to that stage. I see what you are saying about auto-deletion, but I'm not really comfortable adding a feature like that unless it is actually built into xbmc rather than a 3rd party script. I'd just rather not have to deal with a bunch of people accidentally deleting their videos then coming on here and complaining about it.

(2013-09-22, 16:36)Branphma Wrote: I am using Frodo 12.2. Tried a fresh system by deleting the appdata folder (reinstalled extendedinfoscript and arctic skin). But still no there is no list of the movies in a set.
This is very strange. So is it not showing any information at all? And you say it is working in Aeon Nox? Can you tell me exactly what view in Aeon Nox you are using so that I can look at the code (and perhaps a screenshot comparing Arctic to Aeon Nox).

(2013-09-22, 18:05)hoopsdavis Wrote: (1) The one and only thing that is important about this block is <label>#TV.Guide.EpisodeName</label>. This will display the name of the sports event/Episode Name. Leave the <type> and <id> alone as well.

(2) You know how you added the "Next Recording" at the top right of screen when "LiveTV" is highlighted? Is there anyway to scroll through all recordings scheduled for that day, currently it only shows one.
1. What is this from? It certainly isn't a built-in xbmc info label. Can you provide me a link to some more info on this?
2. Its not currently possible. xbmc only provides an info label for the next scheduled timer.

It was actually something I noticed on the Mediaportal forum, not sure if you can make it happen, just wishful thinking. but it would be great.
Now I have to go to the channel to see which teams are playing.

But here's where I found the info in the MP forum.
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/show-sub-title-field-in-epg-from-xmltv-source.27418/#post-179138

About the upcoming recording, no worries I understand.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-23

Introducing the "mixed" widget...

You can press down when on spotlight and recently added to scroll through the items.

Also, on simple homescreen I have reintroduced the arctic fade to the background. If you want to disable it you will have to add the following to the <skinsettings> section of your guisettings.xml in the userdata folder:
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.arctic.home.simple.fade">true</setting>

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-09-23

Jurial, very nice. Just updated, love the mixed widget option.

Jurial, one thing I just noticed, when LiveTV is highlighted the next recording (top right) shows up very small and faded