Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

Re: Arctic - blondeshanks - 2013-09-23

Just updated and instantly notice the widget info order has changed. Before I had screen, then info then logo (if ad was installed).

Now we have poster, then info then screen stuck on the very end?

Not sure why its changed in this way as it was PERFECT before. Now, the poster is basically on screen twice and the thumb is way over on the right, looking well out of place.

I know this is wip and things are going to be moved for appearance improvements but any chance this will revert to previous, or be re-jiggled as it just looks wrong?

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-23

(2013-09-23, 09:27)blondeshanks Wrote: Now we have poster, then info then screen stuck on the very end? Not sure why its changed in this way as it was PERFECT before. Now, the poster is basically on screen twice and the thumb is way over on the right, looking well out of place.
After using it for a bit I agree. I've changed it back.

Re: Arctic - blondeshanks - 2013-09-23

Thanks jurial, I hope my post didn't come across as criticism as this is the best skin on xbmc IMHO with great support from yourself and other users.

One last thing, any chance of a Netflix logo for tv shows as this appears to be the only one missing, well the only one I'm missing at least?

Thanks for the greatness

RE: Arctic - efty.edge - 2013-09-23

@jurialmunkey

Hi,

sorry to ask, but can we expecta release of the 'watched eye' icon instead of the green 'watched check mark'!?

And - can you please add a view to tv-shows which shows only the clear logos instead of posters!?

Efty

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-23

(2013-09-23, 03:59)hoopsdavis Wrote: When LiveTV is highlighted the next recording (top right) shows up very small and faded
Fixed in latest git. Smile

(2013-09-23, 11:09)blondeshanks Wrote: Thanks jurial, I hope my post didn't come across as criticism as this is the best skin on xbmc IMHO with great support from yourself and other users.
One last thing, any chance of a Netflix logo for tv shows as this appears to be the only one missing, well the only one I'm missing at least?
No, its all good. I was struggling with trying to figure out something that would work with both parts of the mixed widget. I wasn't really happy with the changes to the info myself -- it just confirmed my misgivings about it.

By Netflix logo, do you mean as a studio flag (most left part of the infotags)? -- I'm guessing for House of Cards Wink
I'll have a look at adding one when I get the chance.

(2013-09-23, 11:30)efty.edge Wrote: sorry to ask, but can we expecta release of the 'watched eye' icon instead of the green 'watched check mark'!?

And - can you please add a view to tv-shows which shows only the clear logos instead of posters!?
Sorry, probably a no on both counts. I think the checkmark is easier to understand than the eye. Also, I've tried a few different times to make a view that uses clearlogos, but I have never been able to come up with anything that works with the clearlogo also being at the bottom of the screen -- and that's my number one criteria for viewtypes in this skin -- it has to work with the infotags and clearlogo both on and off.

RE: Arctic - efty.edge - 2013-09-23

(2013-09-23, 13:50)jurialmunkey Wrote: Sorry, probably a no on both counts. I think the checkmark is easier to understand than the eye. Also, I've tried a few different times to make a view that uses clearlogos, but I have never been able to come up with anything that works with the clearlogo also being at the bottom of the screen -- and that's my number one criteria for viewtypes in this skin -- it has to work with the infotags and clearlogo both on and off.

Sorry to hear that. Sad But IMHO it's not nessecary to use the watch flag for the clear logos like the lovefilm view. You only have to show the number of unwatched episodes.

RE: Arctic - blondeshanks - 2013-09-23

By Netflix logo, do you mean as a studio flag (most left part of the infotags)? -- I'm guessing for House of Cards Wink
I'll have a look at adding one when I get the chance.

Sorry, yes I meant a studio flag. I did find one on the ember media manager forum if it's any good to you (and are allowed to use it of course)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169516

I downloaded it, tried it and it looks good.

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-09-23

(2013-09-23, 00:40)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-22, 16:36)Branphma Wrote: I am using Frodo 12.2. Tried a fresh system by deleting the appdata folder (reinstalled extendedinfoscript and arctic skin). But still no there is no list of the movies in a set.
This is very strange. So is it not showing any information at all? And you say it is working in Aeon Nox? Can you tell me exactly what view in Aeon Nox you are using so that I can look at the code (and perhaps a screenshot comparing Arctic to Aeon Nox).

In Aeon Nox its viewtype "Info Wall". Arctic does only show "xyz collection".

Classic Info - Arctic

Info Wall - Aeon Nox

Info Wall - Arctic

RE: Arctic - PatrickBateman - 2013-09-23

(2013-09-23, 03:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: 0.4.0

Introducing the "mixed" widget...

You can press down when on spotlight and recently added to scroll through the items.

Also, on simple homescreen I have reintroduced the arctic fade to the background. If you want to disable it you will have to add the following to the <skinsettings> section of your guisettings.xml in the userdata folder:
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.arctic.home.simple.fade">true</setting>

Thanks for the updates and the reply, much appreciated.
That new screen looks great, however before I upgrade, is it optional Smile
I don't ever have many Inprogress movies (I usually watch em all the way through) what happens in those circumstances, is this segment left empty or replaced with other data?

Looking forward to testing this Smile

RE: Arctic - Tripp - 2013-09-23

Very pretty, I like the mixed gadget too, but not sure the "In Progress" will help me either.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-24

(2013-09-23, 14:18)efty.edge Wrote: Sorry to hear that. Sad But IMHO it's not nessecary to use the watch flag for the clear logos like the lovefilm view. You only have to show the number of unwatched episodes.
No I meant its hard to create a view that uses clearlogos because there is already the clearlogo at the bottom of the screen. It looks strange with the clearlogo on screen twice.

(2013-09-23, 16:02)blondeshanks Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169516
I downloaded it, tried it and it looks good.
Thanks. I'll add it in today.

(2013-09-23, 19:01)Branphma Wrote: In Aeon Nox its viewtype "Info Wall". Arctic does only show "xyz collection".
Ok, this is very strange indeed. The set recognition is working because it is showing the infotags. Are you just using the repo version of Aeon Nox or the git version? I'll try and have a look at the code today to see what might be different.

(2013-09-23, 21:29)PatrickBateman Wrote: Thanks for the updates and the reply, much appreciated.
That new screen looks great, however before I upgrade, is it optional Smile
I don't ever have many Inprogress movies (I usually watch em all the way through) what happens in those circumstances, is this segment left empty or replaced with other data?
Yep, totally optional - its just an addition to the three other widget types. I didn't even think about the in-progress thing -- I always have heaps of in-progress videos because I'm always testing things out. I'll have to switch it around with spotlight.

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-09-24

Jurial, is there a specific skin xml file that determines what data is pulled to populate the epg data? Just trying to figure out on my own how to get the data I want in the epg.

(2013-09-24, 00:52)hoopsdavis Wrote: Jurial, is there a specific skin xml file that determines what data is pulled to populate the epg data? Just trying to figure out on my own how to get the data I want in the epg.
No that stuff is handled by xbmc which then provides standardised info labels (e.g. $INFO[VideoPlayer.Title] ) for use in skins. So basically the backend grabs the epg data then xbmc grabs that data from the backend and populates the info labels.

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-09-24

(2013-09-24, 01:34)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-24, 00:52)hoopsdavis Wrote: Jurial, is there a specific skin xml file that determines what data is pulled to populate the epg data? Just trying to figure out on my own how to get the data I want in the epg.
No that stuff is handled by xbmc which then provides standardised info labels (e.g. $INFO[VideoPlayer.Title] ) for use in skins. So basically the backend grabs the epg data then xbmc grabs that data from the backend and populates the info labels.

OK, that makes sense, so xbmc doesn't have the label set to grab the sub-title info? Or its not in the same location or labelled as xbmc is configured.
Xbmc could be looking for a different named label for sub-title info

(2013-09-24, 01:48)hoopsdavis Wrote: OK, that makes sense, so xbmc doesn't have the label set to grab the sub-title info? Or its not in the same location or labelled as xbmc is configured.
Xbmc could be looking for a different named label for sub-title info

No xbmc simply doesn't provide a sub-title infolabel at all -- its not that the infolabel is empty, the infolabel simply does not exist for skins to use. Whether or not xbmc grabs the info from the backend I'm not sure about, but it definitely doesn't expose that info to the skin. It might be worth making a feature request as this sort of thing would definitely improve the pvr section.