Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-26

(2013-09-25, 09:25)Branphma Wrote: the updated git did not fix the missing info. I tried to rescrape a movieset with universal scraper and moviedb scraper but still no info.

(1) When listening to music i have activated the slideshow as a visualization type. It appears that all the images are displayed way to big because i can only see a small part of them although there is much more picture information to be displayed. I have animation of the picture disabled, but that makes no difference anyway. Fanart instead is displayed correctly.

(2) I like random playbock of my music. I know that there is the party mode, which is great when i want to listen to my entire library. But when i only want to listen to a single artist it would be great if the songs are shuffled as well when pressing "p" when i am hovering on an artist in artist mode.
The sets thing has me stumped. It works totally fine for me (and others too). The only thing I can really suggest is to do a fresh install of the skin and extended info script -- just delete them completely from the addons directory and then reinstall them. Your skin settings will remain because they are stored by xbmc separately from the skin.

1. This is because I have set the slideshow images to scale -- I do this because I don't like having black bars around fanart etc that is the incorrect aspect for my TV. Go to the Artist Slideshow settings ("Settings > Addons > Enabled Addons > Program Addons > Artist Slideshow > Configure"). There is an option there to "Download only 16:9 images". Enable that.

2. You just need to turn shuffle back on. When you start playing some music, go to the "now playing" playlist (I think it is "N" on the keyboard -- alternatively there is a submenu tile called "now playing" which goes there). Then open the view options menu by pressing left and turn shuffle on.

(2013-09-25, 10:58)ferent Wrote: Hi Jurial, I like the new mixed widget, but I've found a little bug:
With the other widgets, if you click down twice, the Restart, Shutdown... icons appears, but this doesn't happen with the mixed widget.
Another thing is the item focused. Is deliberated to focus the Inprogres item? I think it's better to focus the first item
I fixed the focus issue. I intentionally disabled the power menu for the mixed widget because you can press down on the landscape style part of the widget to scroll through the items - so I thought it would be confusing if pressing down had two different functions depending on what part of the widget you were on. I've got to figure out some way to incorporate both in a way that makes sense.

(2013-09-25, 22:27)redhalo Wrote: Jurial, in regards to the visualization, should the timer always show like it does? Seems to me that it should be tied to the scrolling text option.
Yep that was a bug. Should be fixed in latest git.

(2013-09-25, 22:28)Scottland Wrote: Firstly thanks, the skin is fantastic.
Secondly, would you consider adding a serif type font option in the future?
Thanks Smile
Probably not myself as I'm not that keen on serif fonts. However, sometime soon I will be doing a much needed clean-up of font names in the Fonts.xml that will make it much easier for other people to add their own custom font-sets.

(2013-09-25, 22:51)Tripp Wrote: How do you turn on the mixed widget? I don't see it in the "Manage custom home widgets" under the skin.
Are you using the latest git version (its not in the skin repo version yet). Its just another option for the widget type - go to manage custom home widgets then click on the category (movies, tvshows, music) you want to change to the mixed widget and go through them until you get to mixed.

(2013-09-26, 21:57)PatrickBateman Wrote: (1) Is there any chance you would consider adding a generic fanart wallpaper for albums that have no fanart? Something that is artic related, fitting, non obtrusive, perhaps an artic style wallpaper of some kind with musical notes faded around it (like the scrolling text layered effect) or something much better that your mind can create Smile

(2) When using the home screen panels, tv shows look fantastic when I highlight them (pressing down) as I have logos for all shows which appear onthe right along with the fanart etc... However music and movies I have no logos for which leaves the with a gap on the right hand side.
1. This is a good idea. I'm a little busy at the moment as I'm moving house, but it will definitely go onto my todo list.

2. Yeah I've tried extending the plot out in the past but I found it really disorientating with it changing all the time. Its meant to have a fallback icon that displays when it is empty -- I think I just forgot to put it back in when I was messing around with the mixed widget etc.

RE: Arctic - PatrickBateman - 2013-09-27

(2013-09-26, 23:53)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-25, 09:25)Branphma Wrote: the updated git did not fix the missing info. I tried to rescrape a movieset with universal scraper and moviedb scraper but still no info.

(1) When listening to music i have activated the slideshow as a visualization type. It appears that all the images are displayed way to big because i can only see a small part of them although there is much more picture information to be displayed. I have animation of the picture disabled, but that makes no difference anyway. Fanart instead is displayed correctly.

(2) I like random playbock of my music. I know that there is the party mode, which is great when i want to listen to my entire library. But when i only want to listen to a single artist it would be great if the songs are shuffled as well when pressing "p" when i am hovering on an artist in artist mode.
The sets thing has me stumped. It works totally fine for me (and others too). The only thing I can really suggest is to do a fresh install of the skin and extended info script -- just delete them completely from the addons directory and then reinstall them. Your skin settings will remain because they are stored by xbmc separately from the skin.

1. This is because I have set the slideshow images to scale -- I do this because I don't like having black bars around fanart etc that is the incorrect aspect for my TV. Go to the Artist Slideshow settings ("Settings > Addons > Enabled Addons > Program Addons > Artist Slideshow > Configure"). There is an option there to "Download only 16:9 images". Enable that.

2. You just need to turn shuffle back on. When you start playing some music, go to the "now playing" playlist (I think it is "N" on the keyboard -- alternatively there is a submenu tile called "now playing" which goes there). Then open the view options menu by pressing left and turn shuffle on.

(2013-09-25, 10:58)ferent Wrote: Hi Jurial, I like the new mixed widget, but I've found a little bug:
With the other widgets, if you click down twice, the Restart, Shutdown... icons appears, but this doesn't happen with the mixed widget.
Another thing is the item focused. Is deliberated to focus the Inprogres item? I think it's better to focus the first item
I fixed the focus issue. I intentionally disabled the power menu for the mixed widget because you can press down on the landscape style part of the widget to scroll through the items - so I thought it would be confusing if pressing down had two different functions depending on what part of the widget you were on. I've got to figure out some way to incorporate both in a way that makes sense.

(2013-09-25, 22:27)redhalo Wrote: Jurial, in regards to the visualization, should the timer always show like it does? Seems to me that it should be tied to the scrolling text option.
Yep that was a bug. Should be fixed in latest git.

(2013-09-25, 22:28)Scottland Wrote: Firstly thanks, the skin is fantastic.
Secondly, would you consider adding a serif type font option in the future?
Thanks Smile
Probably not myself as I'm not that keen on serif fonts. However, sometime soon I will be doing a much needed clean-up of font names in the Fonts.xml that will make it much easier for other people to add their own custom font-sets.

(2013-09-25, 22:51)Tripp Wrote: How do you turn on the mixed widget? I don't see it in the "Manage custom home widgets" under the skin.
Are you using the latest git version (its not in the skin repo version yet). Its just another option for the widget type - go to manage custom home widgets then click on the category (movies, tvshows, music) you want to change to the mixed widget and go through them until you get to mixed.

(2013-09-26, 21:57)PatrickBateman Wrote: (1) Is there any chance you would consider adding a generic fanart wallpaper for albums that have no fanart? Something that is artic related, fitting, non obtrusive, perhaps an artic style wallpaper of some kind with musical notes faded around it (like the scrolling text layered effect) or something much better that your mind can create Smile

(2) When using the home screen panels, tv shows look fantastic when I highlight them (pressing down) as I have logos for all shows which appear onthe right along with the fanart etc... However music and movies I have no logos for which leaves the with a gap on the right hand side.
1. This is a good idea. I'm a little busy at the moment as I'm moving house, but it will definitely go onto my todo list.

2. Yeah I've tried extending the plot out in the past but I found it really disorientating with it changing all the time. Its meant to have a fallback icon that displays when it is empty -- I think I just forgot to put it back in when I was messing around with the mixed widget etc.

Ahh of course, this would make sense. A "Movies" fall back image/text would be the easiest, cleanest and best option, same for music section I guess too.

A default fan art would be good option to keep it clean, but of course your world AWK comes first, I have been so busy lately my self, I can only imagine how hard it must be dealing with us demanding assholes as well as life, job, family, school/work etf too Big Grin

Pat Smile

RE: Arctic - Tripp - 2013-09-27

(2013-09-25, 23:09)Nacker1776 Wrote:

Go to skin settings - Home - Manage custom home widgets.

Right, I've done that. Just cycles through Spotlight, In progress, and new movies.

RE: Arctic - redhalo - 2013-09-27

Make sure you have the most recent version off of github?

RE: Arctic - Tripp - 2013-09-27

(2013-09-27, 04:44)redhalo Wrote: Make sure you have the most recent version off of github?

Oh, it has to be updated manually?

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-27

As I said above...

(2013-09-26, 23:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: Are you using the latest git version (its not in the skin repo version yet).

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-09-27

(2013-09-26, 23:53)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Thanks for replying.

I already reinstalled two times now. I even tried with a different user on my windows system. Guess i will stick with that "bug" then until i will reinstall my windows system sometimeSmile

(1+2) Thank you very much.

Best skin there is! Best support there is, too Big Grin

RE: Arctic - mikkelnl - 2013-09-27

Hi!

Question; for movies, how should the disc-art be named? disc.png and cdart.png don't seem to work for me?

/edit
Never mind, disc.png Wink

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-09-27

Hi Jurial,

i think that your artwork downloader "thing" does not work correctly (maybe its only my machine againSad )
Whenever i add a movie artwork downloader is starting to search for artwork automatically. However it always downloads only the logo and the fanart (no extrafanart, no clearart, no cdart) although i configured the artwork downloader addon to download everything there is. Tried it even without limitations. So to grab the complete artwork for a new movie i always have to switch to Aeon Nox and run the artwork downloader function there.

Best regards.

RE: Arctic - neurosis13 - 2013-09-27

can the video source flags be displayed like bluray, DVD, HDTV, itunes, etc?
audio channels like 2.0, 5.1 would be nice too.

thanks alot for your great work here.

RE: Arctic - mikkelnl - 2013-09-27

Request: when paused, and MENU opened, set default focus to the subtitles-button Smile

RE: Arctic - PatrickBateman - 2013-09-28

Quick question,
Just updated latest git, have you made some font changes? It seems different on home screen?

Fallback movies icon now Working on home screen, however the large silver camera icons tend to stand out a little to much and look a tad "cheap" in comparison to the rest of the skin, can this be user edited, or can we select an icon from the icon pack?

Music icon looks not perfect either, they feel wrong in comparison to the rest of the skin.

Im thinking of using a modified IMDB logo for movies fallback (when pressing down it displays movie info from imdb) and/or perhaps we could display the movinflating there?

Something similar for music (lastfm or Audio Db" image etc.) may be useful too (as a default fall back) as that's where it scraped th data from.

I'm not sure what would be best, but the current fallback images don't look/feel right to me? I can't place my finger on it, but they just not feel right.

Maybe even our own modified piece of "clearart" just saying "info" "movie info" or something similar, or the option to disable them in the meantime until a high quality replacement is found..

Also, it seems poster on info (when tv episode is playing) is no longer present Sad
It now shows a small square of the episode?
Can users re-enable the poster, I prefer seeing the poster rather than a small square of an episode.
Edit:
Scratch that, I was playing a non scraped file, ignore above.

Other than that, it's looking and functioning great.
Love where this is going.

Clean, simple, light and beautiful Smile

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-09-30

(2013-09-27, 14:22)Branphma Wrote: i think that your artwork downloader "thing" does not work correctly (maybe its only my machine againSad )
Whenever i add a movie artwork downloader is starting to search for artwork automatically. However it always downloads only the logo and the fanart (no extrafanart, no clearart, no cdart) although i configured the artwork downloader addon to download everything there is. Tried it even without limitations. So to grab the complete artwork for a new movie i always have to switch to Aeon Nox and run the artwork downloader function there.
No it was specifically set to only download landscape, clearlogo and clearart after a database update if the option is enabled in skin settings (poster and fanart are already downloaded by xbmc scrapers when doing an update). You dont need to switch skins just to use Artwork Downloader for bulk-mode -- you just go into program addons and launch artwork downloader manually from there.

This is how it functioned in xp1080 (on which arctic is based). I assume this was done so that only artwork supported by the skin was downloaded -- as people tend to just enable all the artwork types and so heaps of additional time and bandwidth is used downloading images the skin cannot even use. However, since I have added support for extrafanart and disc-art in this skin, then I think it makes sense that when artwork downloader runs after an update it should download according to user preferences -- I've made the change in the latest git.

(2013-09-27, 20:38)neurosis13 Wrote: can the video source flags be displayed like bluray, DVD, HDTV, itunes, etc?
audio channels like 2.0, 5.1 would be nice too.
No I wont ever support 'source' flags. Firstly, I don't see much point as the video source is largely irrelevant. What matters is the quality and resolution of the encoding of the actual video file -- it can be ripped from a bluray yet still have terrible quality encoding and resolution. Secondly, the way that other skins get this information is based solely upon the filename -- if the filename has DVD in it then it is considered a dvd, BDRIP is a bluray etc. Alternatively, other skins display dvd/bluray cases based upon the resolution of the file (720 and 1080 are considered bluray whilst lower res are considered dvd). I would rather just have the actual resolution and codec information available.

I am working on adding infotags for audio-channels, I just haven't got anything that I'm happy with yet. When I get something that I like then it will definitely be making an appearance (same thing goes for aspect-ratios).

(2013-09-27, 20:40)mikkelnl Wrote: Request: when paused, and MENU opened, set default focus to the subtitles-button Smile
I might add an option. The only problem is that I kind of feel that the number of options is already getting out of hand... I'll think about it.

(2013-09-28, 15:42)PatrickBateman Wrote: Quick question,
Just updated latest git, have you made some font changes? It seems different on home screen?

Fallback movies icon now Working on home screen, however the large silver camera icons tend to stand out a little to much and look a tad "cheap" in comparison to the rest of the skin, can this be user edited, or can we select an icon from the icon pack?
No font changes, should all still be the same.

Yeah I just used the default fallback icons for the time being until I figure out exactly what to use. However, I have now changed it to a question mark icon. Also, in the latest git you can now change the icon to whatever you want by editing the two icons in skin.arctic/extras/widgets (they are called no-musiclogo.png and no-videologo.png). So you can just replace them with something out of the icons directory or whatever else you want. I will eventually change them to something other than the question mark.... just haven't decided on what yet.

RE: Arctic - Cassiel - 2013-09-30

Updated Textures.xbt

RE: Arctic - mikkelnl - 2013-09-30

(2013-09-30, 04:40)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-09-27, 20:40)mikkelnl Wrote: Request: when paused, and MENU opened, set default focus to the subtitles-button Smile
I might add an option. The only problem is that I kind of feel that the number of options is already getting out of hand... I'll think about it.

Suggestion; don't make it an option, simply set it as default Smile I think other skins also set it as default and I *think* 99% of the users only enter the menu to go to the Subtitle add-on... Smile

(2013-09-30, 10:16)Cassiel Wrote: Updated Textures.xbt

I'm sorry to bother, but should we download and overwrite, could you please explain a bit more? Thanks! Smile