Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - efty.edge - 2013-10-02

(2013-10-02, 03:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: Can you show me a screenshot? The dark osd has light coloured text also so I'm not sure what you mean?

Thanx for your reply. Here is the link to the screenshot.

I think the lower white part with the clock and date should be in a darker color. Maybe the same as the dark OSD.

BTW I use official Frodo and the latest Arctic GIT.

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-10-02

(2013-10-02, 18:08)ghostelement Wrote: I tried adding this setting to guisettings.xml but it didn't do anything. Does the setting need to say false?

Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.arctic.home.simple.fade">true</setting>

Two things you want to check for, make sure its not there already. Also make sure xbmc is closed or the change won't stick.

when you open the doc just do a search for "fade" and see how many times you find "<setting type="bool" name="skin.arctic.home.simple.fade">true</setting>" I actually made the mistake and added it after it was already there.

there must not be a duplicate. and the setting should be "true"

RE: Arctic - Scottland - 2013-10-02

(2013-10-02, 03:45)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-10-01, 11:28)Scottland Wrote: Not sure if this is a recent change or I've just not noticed it before - but I've noticed an overlay on the home backgrounds related to the colour scheme. Is it possible remove the overlay via editing the xml file in the skin colours folder?
If you are using the simple homescreen you can disable the fade by adding the following to the <skinsettings> section of your guisettings.xml in xbmc userdata folder:
Code:

Brilliant, thank you Smile

RE: Arctic - ghostelement - 2013-10-03

(2013-10-02, 21:43)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-10-02, 18:08)ghostelement Wrote: I tried adding this setting to guisettings.xml but it didn't do anything. Does the setting need to say false?

Code:

Two things you want to check for, make sure its not there already. Also make sure xbmc is closed or the change won't stick.

when you open the doc just do a search for "fade" and see how many times you find "<setting type="bool" name="skin.arctic.home.simple.fade">true</setting>" I actually made the mistake and added it after it was already there.

there must not be a duplicate. and the setting should be "true"

Thanks, the problem was that I was editing via SSH with XBMC open on my xbmcbuntu box. Had to quit XBMC and edit again and it worked. Thanks again.

RE: Arctic - deletedpenguin - 2013-10-03

Quick question regarding the compressed textures a few pages back: By dropping the xbt file into the media folder, will XBMC prioritize using this over the other files in the folder?

Thanks.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-10-03

(2013-10-02, 18:17)efty.edge Wrote:
(2013-10-02, 03:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: Can you show me a screenshot? The dark osd has light coloured text also so I'm not sure what you mean?
Thanx for your reply. Here is the link to the screenshot.

I think the lower white part with the clock and date should be in a darker color. Maybe the same as the dark OSD.
Ah now I see what you mean. But no, that is supposed to be like that. The light and dark is one of the design elements of the skin. It looks very strange with the submenu sliding out if that part is also dark.

(2013-10-03, 00:59)deletedpenguin Wrote: Quick question regarding the compressed textures a few pages back: By dropping the xbt file into the media folder, will XBMC prioritize using this over the other files in the folder?
I'm 99% sure that the xbt is always prioritised. I did a test a while back on linux where I changed some png files but the ones from the xbt were still being used. So at least on linux I'm sure that is the case, so I would imagine it is the same for win or mac.

RE: Arctic - Aemstel - 2013-10-03

Hi Jurial,

I just discovered your skin and love it! Very nice job. For me personally, it's the 1st and only skin that can compete with Aeon Nox. Thanks a lot.

Also, I have two suggestions. I love the Classic Info view. But I think it would be even better if the posters were smaller. That way the background-fanart is more visible and more items can be shown at once. Maybe as an option?
Also, could this and other views show the 3D flag somewhere? This flag is currently only shown in the Big List view.

Thanks again for a lovely skin!

RE: Arctic - titidel - 2013-10-03

Congratulations on your beautiful skin! It is the best of all time!
Do you plan to add management fanart for film genres?

RE: Arctic - mikkelnl - 2013-10-03

Another suggestion (maybe it's been suggested before)...

Possibility to re-order the submenu.

For instance: if I'd like to have a custom item on the second icon in TV Shows (which by default is 'NEW EPISODES'), I would have to delete this one, add my custom one, but then I have to manually figure out the code/command to re-add the NEW EPISODES optie somewhere else in the submenu...

Hope this explanation makes sense Wink

RE: Arctic - furii - 2013-10-03

(2013-10-03, 13:31)mikkelnl Wrote: Another suggestion (maybe it's been suggested before)...

For instance: if I'd like to have a custom item on the second icon in TV Shows (which by default is 'NEW EPISODES'), I would have to delete this one, add my custom one, but then I have to manually figure out the code/command to re-add the NEW EPISODES optie somewhere else in the submenu...

you can already do this. just go to skin settings > home > manage custom home items. just make a note of path for the new episodes and you can add it to a different sub-menu item where you prefer.

(2013-10-03, 16:01)furii Wrote:
(2013-10-03, 13:31)mikkelnl Wrote: Another suggestion (maybe it's been suggested before)...

you can already do this. just go to skin settings > home > manage custom home items. just make a note of path for the new episodes and you can add it to a different sub-menu item where you prefer.
Yeah, but I am extremely lazy Wink Wink Wink

RE: Arctic - furii - 2013-10-03

(2013-10-03, 16:05)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2013-10-03, 16:01)furii Wrote:

Yeah, but I am extremely lazy Wink Wink Wink

oh then by all means jurial should spend hours coding something up so you can save yourself that one minute. StareNo

(2013-10-03, 20:06)furii Wrote: oh then by all means jurial should spend hours coding something up so you can save yourself that one minute. StareNo

Dude... Smile Relax man, I was just kidding.

It was a SUGGESTION, since some of the popular skins offer these features. I have NO idea how much work this would be. And I think you must 've missed the THREE Wink Wink Wink in my post...

Again; it was a suggestion, followed by a joke. Nothing to get so excited about, relax.

RE: Arctic - Tripp - 2013-10-04

I found a new bug. If I manually into the files and try to work on getting a filename to attach to a specific episode and TVDB is down, it should come back and say 'no info found' (or that's the error message I got on the Ace skin. In yours, it just comes back with the name of the TV show with no other information.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-10-04

(2013-10-03, 13:13)Aemstel Wrote: I just discovered your skin and love it! Very nice job. For me personally, it's the 1st and only skin that can compete with Aeon Nox. Thanks a lot.

Also, I have two suggestions. I love the Classic Info view. But I think it would be even better if the posters were smaller. That way the background-fanart is more visible and more items can be shown at once. Maybe as an option?
Also, could this and other views show the 3D flag somewhere? This flag is currently only shown in the Big List view.
Thanks Smile

re: classic info. Its not really a 'fanart' skin per se. The 'poster info' view has smaller posters and you can turn the wide-info panel part off in the view options. As you can see with that view, even if I were to move the focused poster down a bit there still isn't a great deal of room to show plot info (maybe a max of two lines + title). That's why I decided to use the panel/banner sort of info for the 'poster info' view (as opposed to how 'classic info' shows the plot).

It seems that a few people would prefer source flags over codec flags, so when I add them I will make it so that the 3d flag has priority in that section of infotags (i.e. if the movie is a 3d bluray then it will show 3d rather than bluray, but if it isn't then it will say bluray etc.)

(2013-10-03, 13:28)titidel Wrote: Congratulations on your beautiful skin! It is the best of all time!
Do you plan to add management fanart for film genres?
I really like the idea of genre fanart. Will add it to my todo list.

(2013-10-03, 13:31)mikkelnl Wrote: For instance: if I'd like to have a custom item on the second icon in TV Shows (which by default is 'NEW EPISODES'), I would have to delete this one, add my custom one, but then I have to manually figure out the code/command to re-add the NEW EPISODES optie somewhere else in the submenu...
This has been discussed before. Because of the way the skinning engine works this is a lot of work for me to do (and extremely boring and uncreative work at that). I know that a lot of skins offer these features, but these are general very mature skins that are in their 4th or 5th revisions. I would much rather focus on other areas of the skin that need attention to get the skin feature complete. The small inconvenience it causes you to look up the commands pales in comparison to the hundreds of hours that I have spent creating this skin. Eventually I will make a selection of default items to choose from, but it is very low priority for me at the moment.
[/quote]

(2013-10-04, 01:52)Tripp Wrote: I found a new bug. If I manually into the files and try to work on getting a filename to attach to a specific episode and TVDB is down, it should come back and say 'no info found' (or that's the error message I got on the Ace skin. In yours, it just comes back with the name of the TV show with no other information.
I'm not sure quite what you mean by 'getting a filename to attach to a specific episode'? Will gladly have a look at fixing it. Can you walk me through the steps to reproduce it?