Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - relyter - 2013-10-10

(2013-10-10, 10:15)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Hi Jurial

Can you instruct me on whereabouts in the video osd file I can edit to revert the default button to pause instead of subtitles please. I never need to activate subtitles so happy to amend it for myself.
That's probably would be VideoOSD.xml, line 2, <defaultcontrol always="true">8</defaultcontrol> , change it to 3.

RE: Arctic - Kokonutcreme - 2013-10-10

Sweet, many thanks.

RE: Arctic - Scottland - 2013-10-10

(2013-10-09, 18:15)el_cabong Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 17:16)osos Wrote: Does the skin work for Gotham builds as well.

Intend to try it on my Raspberry PI with rbej's Gotham builds

the skin will not be fully compatible with gotham until there is a feature freeze for gotham builds

I have the skin working on the Sep Gotham build on my Mac, and whilst it's not 100% - it is functional.

(2013-10-06, 18:07)st graveyard Wrote: I love this skin. I really do. But I just can't seem to get over the fact that the home screen in artic doesn't look good. I've been using it now for a few weeks, and the different views look so slick, it is just the home screen that needs a complete overhaul. The menu bar is just too small. The widgets are, compared to the rest of the skin, way to overpopulated, and I think there should be a better focus on the high rez backgrounds.

Don't get me wrong. Absolutely lovely views, very professional skin, just the home screen design looks bad compared to eg. AEON in my book.

Don't really know how to put it. Anyway, thanks a lot for this skin, definetely one of my favorites!

Maybe it depends on how you set it up, I'll put up some screenshots of mine later - but I think with a bit of setting up it looks fantastic with some choice background images. I use the simple home, so the widgets are optional (up twice to get to the widget).

RE: Arctic - hfmls - 2013-10-10

hi mate is it possible to add "videos" to main menu? we have series,movies, i would like videos for those that don't fit in those categories.

RE: Arctic - MeMeMe - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-07, 17:09)codealpha Wrote: @gabsaoleo, @deletedpenguin, @jurialmunkey
Thank you for your replies. It makes sense now. However seems its not working right, i mean there's movies there that i have added a long time ago that are considered new movies and have the star and others that i added recently that don´t appear there. Anyway i´m still not sure, since i usually add a bunch of movies at the same time and not one by one. I will keep an eye on it.
Thanks.

Frodo changed the way movie dates are scraped, defaulting to file dates rather than date added to XBMC. Check recently added, and see if they are in the proper order.

To set this back to the old way (and the way it should work in my opinion), you need to modify the advancedsettings.xml file. If you dont have one, create a file called advancedsettings.xml in your userdata folder, with this text:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
        <dateadded>0</dateadded>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Now new films added to xbmc will have their file date set properly. It wont change those in xbmc already - you need to remove them from the db and rescan them in to update them.

(2013-10-10, 23:48)hfmls Wrote: hi mate is it possible to add "videos" to main menu? we have series,movies, i would like videos for those that don't fit in those categories.

If there's an existing front page menu you aren't using, like music or pictures, you can repurpose it and use it for videos. Otherwise, the only way to add it is by hacking the skin xml files.

RE: Arctic - gabsaoleo - 2013-10-12

(2013-10-10, 16:04)Scottland Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 18:15)el_cabong Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 17:16)osos Wrote: Does the skin work for Gotham builds as well.

Intend to try it on my Raspberry PI with rbej's Gotham builds

the skin will not be fully compatible with gotham until there is a feature freeze for gotham builds

I have the skin working on the Sep Gotham build on my Mac, and whilst it's not 100% - it is functional.

(2013-10-06, 18:07)st graveyard Wrote: I love this skin. I really do. But I just can't seem to get over the fact that the home screen in artic doesn't look good. I've been using it now for a few weeks, and the different views look so slick, it is just the home screen that needs a complete overhaul. The menu bar is just too small. The widgets are, compared to the rest of the skin, way to overpopulated, and I think there should be a better focus on the high rez backgrounds.

Don't get me wrong. Absolutely lovely views, very professional skin, just the home screen design looks bad compared to eg. AEON in my book.

Don't really know how to put it. Anyway, thanks a lot for this skin, definetely one of my favorites!

Maybe it depends on how you set it up, I'll put up some screenshots of mine later - but I think with a bit of setting up it looks fantastic with some choice background images. I use the simple home, so the widgets are optional (up twice to get to the widget).

It's not about widgets. It's about the menu bar. It's really small. Maybe making it with bigger fonts and/or maybe adding icons instead of text or maybe both. It definetely needs some major work done on it because I'm a user since it was a xperience1080 mod and I love all the views except the home screen.

RE: Arctic - MeMeMe - 2013-10-12

Personally I like the menu bar the size it is. I think the larger bars of skins like Confluence and Aeon Nox look horrible and drastically limit how many menu items you can see on the homescreen at once. I love that in Arctic, we can see them all without having to scroll off screen.
Plus, as soon as you open up the submenus, that menu bar gets a lot bigger!
I find it hard to imagine how it could be redesigned to be bigger, and still look good, when the submenus work the way they do. And I love the way the submenus work, so I hope that doesn't change.

RE: Arctic - dalben - 2013-10-12

Agree. I think the home screen is fine the way it is. Just the right size so there is no scrolling of menu items when it's laid out horizontally.

Maki it bigger would mean scrolling which would ruin the whole feel of this skin.

RE: Arctic - Tripp - 2013-10-12

Yea, I want to say I like seeing everything on one screen without having to scroll. And I love being able to customize the backgrounds to rotate through. I think it looks so sharp.

RE: Arctic - PatrickBateman - 2013-10-12

(2013-10-12, 04:47)Tripp Wrote: Yea, I want to say I like seeing everything on one screen without having to scroll. And I love being able to customize the backgrounds to rotate through. I think it looks so sharp.

I agree, the home screen is good as-is.
It may need a few tweaks (icons/art etc) but other than that, it's one of the best.

My only idea for implementation into home screen would be..
Home screen movie/tv widgets
Add a a view (much like the current mixed view) using the style of the love film view!

So when highlighting movies on the home screen widget, we are presented with a slightly smaller version of the rectangular love film view, with all detail/info present. Even make it horizontally scrollable.

It would be difficult to implement correctly, but I think conceptually it would be an awesome view Smile

But other than new concepts etc, I've never been so satisfied with a skin.

RE: Arctic - sling - 2013-10-13

The home page is fine.
I miss the ability to maintain the movie and music database. Update and cleanup. Why not a quick menu for this jobs.
I love a black background so I miss the choice for white fonts.

RE: Arctic - furii - 2013-10-13

update for videos is already available if you press down twice. or you can just bind the following commands in your keymap:

Code:
XBMC.UpdateLibrary(video)
XBMC.CleanLibrary(video)
XBMC.UpdateLibrary(music)
XBMC.CleanLibrary(music)

that's what i've done for ages.

RE: Arctic - sling - 2013-10-13

@furii
I use version 0.42 when I click down twice On the home page nothing happens.

RE: Arctic - PatrickBateman - 2013-10-13

Small bug,

When in "sets" and using the love film view, it reports back more pages than it should. For example, the "28days later" set shows the movie 28days and 28weeks later, however when in "lovefilm view" it shows as having 4 movies and it repeates the same movies twice?

Smile

RE: Arctic - furii - 2013-10-14

(2013-10-13, 18:39)sling Wrote: @furii
I use version 0.42 when I click down twice On the home page nothing happens.

you'll need to press down on the settings section to get to it then. alternatively you can go to skin settings > home > manage home widgets and enable "prevent changing widget types on up/down" to access it from any home section.