Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - Marco275 - 2013-10-22

- set default focus to subtitle button.

Yes, I would like that too, as this is the one I mostly use.

RE: Arctic - deletedpenguin - 2013-10-22

The extra info in the OSD is, by default, minimized for live TV. Is it possible to default this to open/expanded? Looking for either an option to be created in the settings, or direction as to where I could change this in the code. Thanks!

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-10-24

I'm back online! Smile

Quick update for 0.4.3 -- due to popular demand, default focus for videos osd is set to subtitles (epg for live tv). Also, a new music vis info option. I'll post a screenshot soon.

@deletedpenguin -- I've been meaning to add such an option for a while but it involves a significant rewrite of the way the animations are handled -- now that I've got the internet connected at my new place there should be an option coming in the next few weeks

@everyone -- hopefully I should be able to respond to all your queries, suggestions, bug reports etc. etc. over the next few days Smile

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-10-24

(2013-10-24, 05:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: I'm back online! Smile

Quick update for 0.4.3 -- due to popular demand, default focus for videos osd is set to subtitles (epg for live tv). Also, a new music vis info option. I'll post a screenshot soon.

@deletedpenguin -- I've been meaning to add such an option for a while but it involves a significant rewrite of the way the animations are handled -- now that I've got the internet connected at my new place there should be an option coming in the next few weeks

@everyone -- hopefully I should be able to respond to all your queries, suggestions, bug reports etc. etc. over the next few days Smile

Good to see you're back Jurial

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-10-24

Welcome back jurial!

I have to things on my mind right now.

(1) If i press up two times when in main menu and focussed on movies there is the "in progress", "recently added" and "spotlight" widget. The problem i have is that the "recently added" widget shows a movie that i've added a long time ago (3-4 months at least) and it always shows that movie (no slideshow through other recently added movies). Furthermore i have added a custom item to the movie section since the begginning called "new movies". It was and is supposed to show the newly added movies ("ActivateWindow(videos,recentlyaddedmovies,return)"). That worked for quite a while but since i don't know exactly when (a month or so) it is not showing the movies that i add at the top anymore (some movies aren't listet there anymore although added just recently). I swear to god, i haven't changed the settings or any folders or whatever...just added moviesSad

(2) I notice more and more lags in animations (e.g. when scrolling through videos or series; calling up the osd (in live-tv mode there are two channels where the osd comes up totally nice and clean without stuttering, the rest is not smooth). Activating the submenues on main menu stutters as well from time to time. My pc is set up as follows: Intel i5-3570k (4x 3,4 GHz), GTX 680, SSD, 16 GB Ram. So that should not be the problem. Do you want me to shoot a video of that behaviour? Maybe the textures need some adjustment or so, don't know if i am the only one getting that behaviourHuh

Best regards

EDIT: For some reason your widget does work again however it lacks the most recent added movies.

EDIT2: I have created a new playlist which is supposed to list all videos added since a certain day. I ordered the list after date added. However even the playlist is not showing the newest movies. The movie I added today is somewhere in the middle of that list. A movie added a few days ago is not even in there. Something is wrong somewhere lol. Don't know what to look forSad

EDIT3: I have exportet the videolibrary to have a look at that problem. Somehow the information of "dateadded" ist totally wrong for the movies that don't show in the recentlyadded list. The movie i added today for example has the "dateadded": 2010-03-18. How can that be?? The Date XBMC shows me in the main menu is right.

Re: RE: Arctic - blondeshanks - 2013-10-24

(2013-10-24, 05:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: I'm back online! Smile

Welcome back jurial, glad to see you up and running!

I do have one minor bug to report but its more of a niggle than an inconvenience and definitely non-urgent...

Something I recently installed from the repo automatically installed a broken add-on... not a big issue itself but when I went to uninstall it, the on-screen info overlaps making it difficult to read? Again, not a big issue but just looks wrong. (I'll provide screenshot if required)

Lastly, I wondered if you had any timeline to providing a library view for music videos; and adding it to the homescreen if there's room - or as a shortcut from the music menu if there's not... either way is good for me.

Keep up the good work!

RE: Arctic - Airwolfuk - 2013-10-24

hi everyone

Been trying to install this without success.

Rpi model B
OpenELEC Rbej custom Frodo build

Install from the repo reaches 98%, hangs around for a while and then gives me a installation failed message.

thanks

UPDATE: tried again and left it for over 20 minutes and seems to have installed OK

RE: Arctic - ferent - 2013-10-24

Hi Jurial and welcome to the online world :-)

I've discovered a small bug. In my remote controler I have buttons to quick access to the Music Section, Films and TVShows. All ok, but if I'm listening to music with the lyrics ON, when I go to this sections, the lyrics don't dissapear and have the focus on them. I have to clic the "back" button to remove them.

And I have one doubt: It's posible to change the speed at witch background changes?

Thanks

RE: Arctic - Smobbo - 2013-10-24

(2013-10-24, 11:35)Airwolfuk Wrote: hi everyone

Rpi model B

Install from the repo reaches 98%, hangs around for a while and then gives me a installation failed message.

thanks

UPDATE: tried again and left it for a while. seems to have installed OK

I have the same issue using the WIP skins repo.
Just download a zip from the github and use that (install via zip option in the add-on screen).

I think it might have something to do with the repo...?

Anyhow, nice to see you up and running again Jurial!

I have one very small request regarding the subtitle add-on. It doesn't seem to show the current used service for searching a subtitle and it doesn't show the name of the video for which it is searching. I think this info could be added, right? If so, would you please add it, i especially like knowing the name of the videofile it is searching for. The release group gives me info on which subtitle is probably the best Smile

RE: Arctic - Martijn - 2013-10-24

(2013-10-24, 13:11)Smobbo Wrote:

Rpi model B

thanks

Just download a zip from the github and use that (install via zip option in the add-on screen).

I have one very small request regarding the subtitle add-on. It doesn't seem to show the current used service for searching a subtitle and it doesn't show the name of the video for which it is searching. I think this info could be added, right? If so, would you please add it, i especially like knowing the name of the videofile it is searching for. The release group gives me info on which subtitle is probably the best Smile

maybe your card is full and that is causing the problem?

RE: Arctic - Smobbo - 2013-10-24

(2013-10-24, 13:21)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-10-24, 13:11)Smobbo Wrote:

Rpi model B

thanks

maybe your card is full and that is causing the problem?

I'm running a RaspBMC install over USB (16GB), it has plenty of room available when i copy-paste a zipfile over.
It only happens with the WIP Skins repo, I use several other repo's and they all work fine Wink (had to set up my system again recently so that's why I know the others work).

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-10-25

(2013-10-13, 22:08)PatrickBateman Wrote: When in "sets" and using the love film view, it reports back more pages than it should. For example, the "28days later" set shows the movie 28days and 28weeks later, however when in "lovefilm view" it shows as having 4 movies and it repeates the same movies twice?
Its to do with the way xbmc handles the preload items option for lists. I fixed it by disabling preloading for lovefilm as its probably not really necessary any way seeing as lovefilm only shows one item at a time.

(2013-10-16, 03:38)MeMeMe Wrote: On that subject, I'd like to be able to customize that bottom menu, and the shutdown menu that pops up when you press S.
It will be in the future. For the bottom menu currently some conditions are tied to static positions of the buttons (e.g. showing the weather widget in panel home when weather is highlighted in the bottom menu). I want to eventually have a setup similar to aeon nox where it shows the menu and you can just click on the items to edit them.

(2013-10-20, 09:23)Cashtro Wrote: - xperience1080 Banner view ( it's compact and smaller)
- set default focus to subtitle button
Default focus to subs already in latest git version. I'm happy with current banner list and wide banner views -- don't think it is necessaary to add another one.

(2013-10-24, 09:48)Branphma Wrote: (1) If i press up two times when in main menu and focussed on movies there is the "in progress", "recently added" and "spotlight" widget. The problem i have is that the "recently added" widget shows a movie that i've added a long time ago (3-4 months at least) and it always shows that movie (no slideshow through other recently added movies).

(2) I notice more and more lags in animations (e.g. when scrolling through videos or series; calling up the osd (in live-tv mode there are two channels where the osd comes up totally nice and clean without stuttering, the rest is not smooth). Activating the submenues on main menu stutters as well from time to time. My pc is set up as follows: Intel i5-3570k (4x 3,4 GHz), GTX 680, SSD, 16 GB Ram. So that should not be the problem. Do you want me to shoot a video of that behaviour?
1. This sort of thing is handled by xbmc not the skin. I remember reading something about 'date added' in the library being changed to be linked to the actual file's 'date created' rather than when it was scanned to the library. I understand the logic behind the change but I don't really agree with it myself.

2. Have you checked that similar lags don't occur in other skins? Both my machines are far less powerful than yours and don't have any problems. Perhaps it is related to your system settings. I recently bought a cheap Quad Core with a Radeon HD6545 and 4GB ram to replace my old lounge room htpc that was only a Dual Core w/ NVidia 7300LE and 1GB ram -- I was surprised to find that I was having all sorts of lags despite the pc being far more powerful than the old one. With a bit of research in the forums I ended up finding it was as simple as updating to the latest 13.10-beta2 catalyst drivers and setting vertical blank sync to always enabled.

(2013-10-24, 11:01)blondeshanks Wrote: Something I recently installed from the repo automatically installed a broken add-on... not a big issue itself but when I went to uninstall it, the on-screen info overlaps making it difficult to read? Again, not a big issue but just looks wrong. (I'll provide screenshot if required)

Lastly, I wondered if you had any timeline to providing a library view for music videos; and adding it to the homescreen if there's room - or as a shortcut from the music menu if there's not... either way is good for me.
Yeah a screenshot would be helpful. I think I know what you mean (if its what I think is happening then it shouldn't be too difficult to fix), but I don't have any broken addons so I can't check.

No timeline as such for music videos, but definitely will be happening in the future - just really busy with work etc. at the moment so can't really give any definite dates beyond "when I have the time" Wink

(2013-10-24, 12:25)ferent Wrote: I've discovered a small bug. In my remote controler I have buttons to quick access to the Music Section, Films and TVShows. All ok, but if I'm listening to music with the lyrics ON, when I go to this sections, the lyrics don't dissapear and have the focus on them. I have to clic the "back" button to remove them.

And I have one doubt: It's posible to change the speed at witch background changes?
Yeah this is a bug with the lyrics addon. I've made a change in the latest git to hide it when you leave the visualisation screen, but you still have to press back to be able to do anything because it still has focus despite being hidden. I can't really force the addon to close without causing other problems.

If you mean the artist slideshow speed - its line 374 of Includes_WindowContents.xml -- i.e. the <timeperimage> value of the multiimage control of <include name="BackgroundFanartMusicOSD">

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-10-25

New on-screen music visualisation info -- Skin Settings > OSD > -- Change information (under audio vis) to on-screen.

The text up the top scrolls

RE: Arctic - PatOso - 2013-10-25

Very clean and minimalist, good work. Nod

RE: Arctic - mikkelnl - 2013-10-25

Nice work on the audio osd!

And thanks for setting the subtitles button as default on the osd menu Smile