Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - Myrddraal - 2013-12-05

(2013-12-03, 23:17)Tripp Wrote: I love this theme but I got new furniture and now my TV is slightly farther away (boy the different a couple of feet make!) The problem is I can hardly read the fonts. I hate zooming in because that cuts off the page. I wondered if maybe there could be a second font available that is larger?

You can try the arctic big mod meanwhile jurial does not add the larger fontset:

https://github.com/paulsalem/skin.arctic.big

https://github.com/paulsalem/skin.arctic.big/archive/master.zip

It is updated very frequently with main arctic changes.

RE: Arctic - MeMeMe - 2013-12-05

Considering how mature this skin is, shouldn't it be moved out of the WIP section and into its own thread?

RE: Arctic - sling - 2013-12-05

(2013-12-05, 09:51)MeMeMe Wrote: Considering how mature this skin is, shouldn't it be moved out of the WIP section and into its own thread?

Totally agree
If the development than not stop
This is far away the most beautiful and best skin at this time
JM thanks on behalf of many

RE: Arctic - Hitcher - 2013-12-05

(2013-12-05, 09:51)MeMeMe Wrote: Considering how mature this skin is, shouldn't it be moved out of the WIP section and into its own thread?

Once it's submitted to the official repo.

RE: Arctic - liquidolze - 2013-12-05

Hi,

just found the ArcticBig Mod today and get ripped off Big Grin

But how do I get CD-Art (the CD/DVD/BluRay Picture) above the moviecover shownHuh

Is it possible?

Regards

Liquid

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-06

(2013-12-05, 11:14)Hitcher Wrote:
Once it's submitted to the official repo.

Maybe once Gotham is out... Wink
I'm enjoying the freedom of the WIP repo for the time being.

(2013-12-05, 23:16)liquidolze Wrote: But how do I get CD-Art (the CD/DVD/BluRay Picture) above the moviecover shownHuh
Open the side menu (where you can change viewtypes), Goto 'View Options' and enable 'Show discart'. irc, it is only available for Classic Poster, Classic Info, Info Poster and Low List views.

RE: Arctic - liquidolze - 2013-12-06

@ jurialmunkey

Would it be much effort to implement this option into the panel list view?

Regards

Liquid

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-08

0.5.0 -- GUI Customisation

Here's an early present for the holidays -- GUI customisation of home screen options.
Go to power menu at bottom of home screen and choose 'configure' OR go to 'skin settings > home > manage custom home items'.
  • Widgets can be set for any category
  • 28 template items and 9 custom items
  • Reorganisation of skin settings menu
  • Option to auto pop-up widgets on simple home
  • Option to hide plot by default for OSD
  • Option to turn off simplified seekbar (show info on pause etc.)
  • Aeon Nox backgrounds added for categories in extras folder
  • Weather category can now be customised
  • Ability to offset clocks / volume etc. in osd

New widget types:
  • Next Aired widget
  • 3 custom widgets that display random videos from a smart playlist
  • 2 custom widgets that display the most recently added items from a smart playlist

For Next Aired widget: in next aired addon settings make sure 'show all TV Shows for Home screen' option is enabled.
Custom playlist widgets use script.randomandlastitems

GUI menu customisation

Widget options

Custom menu/submenu items

Next Aired widget

On github -- will be on the wip repo during the week Wink

COMING SOON...
- Large font set
- Discart for other viewtypes
- PseudoTV skin (I promise! Just got delayed adding this other stuff...)

RE: Arctic - dalben - 2013-12-08

Wow, thanks. I need to try and convince the kids to find something else to do today so I can download and play with the new settings....

RE: Arctic - Kokonutcreme - 2013-12-08

Holy cow Batman!!!!!

Yet more reason to love this skin above all others, many thanks Jurial.

RE: Arctic - redhalo - 2013-12-08

Wow, just got home late from a night of hard partying, should be going to bed, now I just want to play with the new release. Thanks!

edit: On the topic of the PseudoTV skin, are you looking at doing the original PseudoTV or PseudoTV Live? I ask because the original might as well be consider dead and the Live version has been going through some changes lately that change the skins quite a bit and aren't set in stone. Best to wait until it's finalized.

the text for Weather isn't showing up on the menu bar. I can select it and get it's respective widget and background, but the text itself is blank.

edit: I can manually change the blank text to text Weather (thanks for that btw), is that how it's intended? Works fine that way for me as I just use the weather menu to read the widget anyways.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-08

Thanks guys Big Grin

I'm expecting there to be some bugs/inconsistencies etc. that I missed so let me know if you find any. Also its pretty easy to add new preset items, so let me know about any I should - I think I got most of the useful ones already, but happy to add any suggestions.

@redhalo -- yeah, its just an unfortunate side effect for pre-existing users in making that category customisable. The settings for it are set when the skin initialises and I didn't want to force an initialisation of the skin for pre-existing users because that would set everything back to default. However, now that you bring it up, I realise that I forgot to add a weather preset for the items so I will add that in tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up about changes to pseudo tv live. Live is what I'm working on (got the epg finished currently) -- but I'll look into the planned changes before I continue.

All the menu tabs can be configured to be whatever I want them to be except the Live TV tab, would it be possible to be able to reassign it as I can the other tabs?

RE: Arctic - Kokonutcreme - 2013-12-08

Deleted post