Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - blondeshanks - 2013-12-10

Morning Jurial,

Thanks for making the OSD work, looks pretty slick now.

Just a couple of queries for this for your perusal....

The running time doesn't seem to display properly? When it gets to 60+ minutes, it shows a wierd time which is difficult to work out? I'm not sure if this is intentional though but would it be possible to display a true representation of the time elapsed?

Also,would it be possible to change the position of the times at the bottom so it 'flows' and is easier to work out the finish time?

Here is a screenshot to show you what I mean....

Lastly, there appears to only be one background in the backgrounds folder (extras/backgrounds)?

RE: Arctic - blondeshanks - 2013-12-10

Also, just donated to help the cause and to say thank you for all your hard work.... it's much appreciated...

let me know that you have received it ok?

RE: Arctic - locomot1f - 2013-12-10

just tried to pull the latest git, and i'm getting this message:
Code:
Updating d016021..03b2977
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
    1080i/Font.xml
    1080i/Includes_Dialogs.xml
    1080i/Includes_Mod.xml
    1080i/Includes_Mod_Home.xml
    1080i/Includes_Mod_Home_Simple.xml
    1080i/Includes_Settings.xml
    1080i/Includes_WindowContents.xml
    1080i/MusicVisualisation.xml
    addon.xml
    changelog.txt
    extras/musiccolors/deep_purple.png
    extras/musiccolors/light_green.png
    extras/musiccolors/mango.png
    extras/musiccolors/pretty_pink.png
    extras/musiccolors/rich_magenta.png
    extras/musiccolors/sky_blue.png
    extras/musiccolors/sunflower_yellow.png
    extras/musiccolors/teal.png
    fonts/DejaVuSans-Bold-Caps.ttf
    fonts/LICENSE.txt
    fonts/NOTICE.txt
    fonts/README.txt
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting

is it me? or is it something with the repositoryHuh

RE: Arctic - TLK999 - 2013-12-10

having a strange issue the movie posters are not showing while the movie is playing it just shows a blank area where it should be, under every other skin this is working fine, browsing the movies there are posters just while it is playing

http://postimg.org/image/5kyq94ldt/ what I see is like this just no poster in it (sorry stole the image form a post above)

Also notice it with music playing there is no cd cover strange.. any advice?

RE: Arctic - furii - 2013-12-10

(2013-12-10, 16:11)locomot1f Wrote: just tried to pull the latest git, and i'm getting this message:
Code:
Updating d016021..03b2977
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
    1080i/Font.xml
    1080i/Includes_Dialogs.xml
    1080i/Includes_Mod.xml
    1080i/Includes_Mod_Home.xml
    1080i/Includes_Mod_Home_Simple.xml
    1080i/Includes_Settings.xml
    1080i/Includes_WindowContents.xml
    1080i/MusicVisualisation.xml
    addon.xml
    changelog.txt
    extras/musiccolors/deep_purple.png
    extras/musiccolors/light_green.png
    extras/musiccolors/mango.png
    extras/musiccolors/pretty_pink.png
    extras/musiccolors/rich_magenta.png
    extras/musiccolors/sky_blue.png
    extras/musiccolors/sunflower_yellow.png
    extras/musiccolors/teal.png
    fonts/DejaVuSans-Bold-Caps.ttf
    fonts/LICENSE.txt
    fonts/NOTICE.txt
    fonts/README.txt
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting

is it me? or is it something with the repositoryHuh

you made some changes to a file locally. do this:
Code:
git stash
git stash clear
git pull

edit: if the changes were intentional you will have to redo them.

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-12-10

(2013-12-10, 03:54)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-09, 17:05)Branphma Wrote: 1.) If I create a custom home category, lets say 'concerts'. That category contains my concerts videoplaylist which opens when clicking on the concerts tab on the home panel. Now, below my profile name it says now "N/A 0°C". Obviously that is some weather information. What i would love to have it show would be the amount of concerts in my videoplaylist.

2.) [...] was wondering if you could somehow reduce the "plus"-tiles to only one that shows until you have used all tiles. In addition to that, is it possible to have the tiles centred, like they are in the Live TV category?
1 -- the profile info is something I completely overlooked so thanks for bringing it up. I'm not sure if it is possible to grab the number of items in the playlist without a script. I'll have to have a proper think about what I can do with this section so that it displays relevant info yet remains flexible to customisation -- I'll get back to you on this.

2 -- I tried something like this in the past but it was really glitchy (i.e. all the tiles would display momentarily then disappear and jump over to the centre). This is something I really want to get working but simply haven't figured out a non-glitchy way to do yet. edit -- I'm not sure how I was trying to do it last time I tried, but I think I've actually got this working properly in the latest git...

Thanks Jurial. The tiles are now perfectly centered and work fine. Much appreciatedBig Grin

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-11

(2013-12-10, 09:38)blondeshanks Wrote: (1) The running time doesn't seem to display properly? When it gets to 60+ minutes, it shows a wierd time which is difficult to work out? I'm not sure if this is intentional though but would it be possible to display a true representation of the time elapsed?
(2) Also,would it be possible to change the position of the times at the bottom so it 'flows' and is easier to work out the finish time?
(3) Lastly, there appears to only be one background in the backgrounds folder (extras/backgrounds)?
(4) Also, just donated to help the cause and to say thank you for all your hard work.... it's much appreciated... let me know that you have received it ok?
1. edit: check latest git.
2. This definitely should be the other way around as you point out. edit: check latest git.
3. They were left over from xp1080 and never really liked them so I removed them. Going to make / source some other backgrounds eventually.
4. Yes I received it. Thanks, much appreciated! Big Grin Big Grin

(2013-12-10, 17:32)TLK999 Wrote: having a strange issue the movie posters are not showing while the movie is playing it just shows a blank area where it should be, under every other skin this is working fine, browsing the movies there are posters just while it is playing

Also notice it with music playing there is no cd cover strange.. any advice?
You probably need to scan your library with Artwork Downloader -- regardless, if it is what I think the problem is then it should be fixed in latest git.

RE: Arctic - blondeshanks - 2013-12-11

Thanks jurial, all working fine now. Gotta couple other questions and requests but these can wait for another day....

RE: Arctic - Ferno - 2013-12-11

Hi,

This has probably have been answered previosly but I could not find the info so I am going to state the question once again.

I while back i asked how the skin could be upgraded and someone replied that it is automaticly upgraded but how can I check this?
How can I see which version of the skin I am running and how can I force the upgrade process?

I am running this skin on the raspbmc running on a raspberry pi

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-12-11

Hi Jurial,

could you add scrolling text to 1.) the new osds, so that the title of a song or movie is scrolling and 2.) to the Info Wall view when I browse through my albums? That would be awesome.
Cheers!

RE: Arctic - sling - 2013-12-11

@JM few minor issues.
Skin settings: Audio osd option 4 animate artist slideshows gives a wrong translation to dutch
Setting background Favorites changes the global background. Would like to give a custom background to Favorites.
To set the global background you can't navigate to a private directory for one of your own.
Like to include a black image or you add this ??
On my test MacBook air I can post pictures in the directory skin-Arctic backgrounds.
On my htpc with openelec I can not find the directory Arctic. Hence this desire ?

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-12

(2013-12-11, 18:11)Ferno Wrote: I while back i asked how the skin could be upgraded and someone replied that it is automaticly upgraded but how can I check this?
How can I see which version of the skin I am running and how can I force the upgrade process?
If you are using the wip repository version then it should auto update when there is a new version available. However, the repository version is usually about a week behind because I don't send a request for it to be updated until I am satisfied with changes (0.5.1 was pulled into it yesterday afaik).

The git version, on the other hand, is the bleeding edge of changes but needs to be updated manually by using the 'git pull' command in the cloned skin directory (you might also need to restart xbmc after this to see the changes).

I'm not sure about forcing the upgrade process, but you can check the version by going to 'Settings > Appearance > Skin'. When you click skin to change the skin it should show the versions of each skin on the right side of the selection dialog.

(2013-12-11, 19:22)Branphma Wrote: could you add scrolling text to 1.) the new osds, so that the title of a song or movie is scrolling and 2.) to the Info Wall view when I browse through my albums? That would be awesome.
1. Will make the change -- currently in the midst of making some other changes so I can't push any changes to git just yet, but will let you know.
2. I'm currently in the middle of overhauling the music viewtypes actually. I'll post some teaser screenies soon...

(2013-12-11, 22:19)sling Wrote: (1) Skin settings: Audio osd option 4 animate artist slideshows gives a wrong translation to dutch
(2) Setting background Favorites changes the global background. Would like to give a custom background to Favorites.
(3) To set the global background you can't navigate to a private directory for one of your own.
(4) On my htpc with openelec I can not find the directory Arctic. Hence this desire ?
1. I don't control the translations - you can make changes on transifex https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbmc-skins/resource/skin-artic/ -- I'm not in control of when the updated language files become available so it can sometimes take up to a month before the changes appear in the skin
2. I'm still figuring out the best method to choose backgrounds. Eventually favourites will be customisable.
3. You can, you just need to press the back button on your remote to move down the directory structure and get out of the skin directory.
4. It should be in ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.arctic/ -- (directories with a dot in front of them are hidden in linux, hence why you probably cant find it).

RE: Arctic - Trickass - 2013-12-12

Hello Jurial,

I think I might have found a bug yesterday.

I have set up my "Movies" widget to show only the Newest Movies on the homepage.
Now, when on the homepage I go to the Movies menu title, then press down (selecting a movie) and then press down again, the type changes from Newest to Spotlight, and then when pressing down it goes from Spotlight to Movies in Progress. (so far no issues, I believe this works as it should)

But, since I have no movies currently in progress, no movies are shown in the widget anymore. When I now press "down" again, the widget does not change anymore and thus I'm stuck with the empty "in progress" list.

I went back to settings and re-applied the "Newest movies" setting, which got me back to what I wanted. It's not an urgent thing at all, but I thought I'd mention it Smile

Thank you for the hard work!

RE: Arctic - sling - 2013-12-12

@JM
Thanks for the great fast response.
I will make the change at transifex.
Last night I found out that that goes with the back button.
Perfect thanks always handy to get to the files.
I use other backgrounds. Thus see you skin looking great, at least I think that is
I will tonight make screenshots and share them on this forum, wondering what you think of find
your skin is really great.
Thanks on behalf of many
Continue to develop you make us happy.

RE: Arctic - jeayese - 2013-12-12

loving this theme, only a few issues I am having that I can't work out;

1. is there a way to disable the white overlay on the home screen?
2. Is it possible to have rotating fanart on the homescreen?
3. Is any of this possible by modifying the theme? if so how?

if the following have been answered then I am deeply sorry for repeating the question.