Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-14

(2013-12-14, 05:53)dmbkiwi Wrote: I really like this theme, but with the latest update (0.5.2), all the home screen widgets have gone. What happened?

There were some major changes to the way widgets were handled that allows to set any widget for any menu category (plus a larger selection of widgets in general) -- As a side effect, users' preexisting widget settings no longer match any widget (and a forced re-initialisation of the skin would mean you loose all your skin settings). You just need to re-select the widgets that you want --> 'Skin settings > Home > Manage custom home items' (or go to 'configure' in the power menu at the bottom of the home screen). Then select the category you want to set the widget for, a dialog pops up with the configuration options -- choose 'widget' then select the widget you want.

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-12-14

(2013-12-13, 22:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: Thanks Big Grin

Weird, that textbox issue doesn't happen for me as far as I could tell. Nonetheless, I will shrink it by a few pixels.

Yeah I hate the all albums icon too - I find it pretty pointless most of the time really. The only way to disable it is by adding the following to advancedsettings.xml in the xbmc userdata folder (restart xbmc to see the change)
Code:
<advancedsettings>

<videolibrary>
    <hideallitems>true</hideallitems> <!-- removes the "*All" items from the video library -->
  </videolibrary>

<musiclibrary>
    <hideallitems>true</hideallitems> <!-- removes the "*All" items from the music library -->
  </musiclibrary>
</advancedsettings>

You are my manBig Grin Haha i was looking for days now to get these icons out of there.
I have to excuse me though for the textbox thing. It was because my PC Monitor is 16:10 format and therefore XBMC is stretched a little when in fullscreen mode. I checked it on my TV today, which is 16:9 and there I don't have that issue. So whatever you changed you might revoke it in case it's causing any trouble. Thanks anyway for taking care of itBig Grin

RE: Arctic - namtih - 2013-12-14

I'm using this skin for the first time on the Rpi and it looks great.
Unfortunately I'm struggling with some points:
1. How do I remove items from a sub-menu?
2. How do I remove items from the options menu like weather, favorites, file browser and quit?
3. How can I edit the command for shutdown icon? Is it the file 1080i\DialogButtonMenu.xml?
4. Are there only 2 views available - Big list and thumbnails? I'm missing a view like a list on the left side and a big preview image on the right.

@namtih
1. I hadn't really thought about this - I'll have to add a 'clear item' preset. In the meantime you can set the submenu item to custom and clear the path and label and set the icon to addtile.png
2 & 3. You can't currently, but this will be an option in the future
4. There are many many more views than just those 2 -- you are probably viewing in file mode - you need to scan your files to the library.

@Branphma -- no problems Wink I noticed the aspect ratio difference and was almost going to suggest that might be the issue.

RE: Arctic - namtih - 2013-12-14

(2013-12-14, 16:30)jurialmunkey Wrote: @namtih
1. I hadn't really thought about this - I'll have to add a 'clear item' preset. In the meantime you can set the submenu item to custom and clear the path and label and set the icon to addtile.png
Sounds great, thank you.

(2013-12-14, 16:30)jurialmunkey Wrote: 2 & 3. You can't currently, but this will be an option in the future
Regarding the shutdown command: Really no xml file where I could edit the shutdown command? I also have a download manager running, which I need to stop correctly before shutting down.

(2013-12-14, 16:30)jurialmunkey Wrote: 4. There are many many more views than just those 2 -- you are probably viewing in file mode - you need to scan your files to the library.
No, I would like to have such view for video addons like YouTube for example.
Something like here from the reFocus BIG skin (but replacing the stars with the upload date for video addons):
http://i.imgur.com/JMNTq.jpg

RE: Arctic - The-Boxhead - 2013-12-14

Loving the skin an using it now, thanks for all the hard work !

Would love to see a more simple/regular list type view also.
http://i.imgur.com/JMNTq.jpg <---- something like that is good - need this for files/library movies/tvshows etc.

RE: Arctic - dmbkiwi - 2013-12-14

(2013-12-14, 07:28)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-14, 05:53)dmbkiwi Wrote: I really like this theme, but with the latest update (0.5.2), all the home screen widgets have gone. What happened?

There were some major changes to the way widgets were handled that allows to set any widget for any menu category (plus a larger selection of widgets in general) -- As a side effect, users' preexisting widget settings no longer match any widget (and a forced re-initialisation of the skin would mean you loose all your skin settings). You just need to re-select the widgets that you want --> 'Skin settings > Home > Manage custom home items' (or go to 'configure' in the power menu at the bottom of the home screen). Then select the category you want to set the widget for, a dialog pops up with the configuration options -- choose 'widget' then select the widget you want.

Thanks. That did it.

RE: Arctic - PatOso - 2013-12-14

(2013-12-13, 06:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: 0.5.5 -- New Music Viewtypes

Added some new music viewtypes. You might have to reselect your music views after this update as I cleaned up and moved around the ids a little

The wall view for music has removed?

Noooooooooooooooo Sad

(2013-12-14, 17:39)namtih Wrote: Regarding the shutdown command: Really no xml file where I could edit the shutdown command? I also have a download manager running, which I need to stop correctly before shutting down.
Home power menu id=84 so the content include is Mod_84Content, irc. Includes_Mod.xml has all includes for home screen content. This is a pretty important file for the home screen though, so whenever there are changes to it you are going to have to redo your changes rather than simply copy pasting your customised file over it.

(2013-12-14, 17:39)namtih Wrote: I would like to have such view for video addons like YouTube for example.
(2013-12-14, 19:29)The-Boxhead Wrote: Would love to see a more simple/regular list type view also.
The new info list view for music is similar to this. I'm in the middle of adapting it for other areas of the skin.

(2013-12-14, 21:53)PatOso Wrote: The wall view for music has removed?
Noooooooooooooooo Sad
Don't worry, it wont be for long! I'm just turning it into a view option for thumbnails view -- i.e. a 'show labels' option like how the info wall view in movies now works. I've just been a bit busier than I expected this weekend so I haven't been able to push the changes to git yet.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-15

(2013-12-13, 09:21)Trickass Wrote: In the "In progress" tv-shows, sometimes not all TV shows are shown.

I'm not sure this is a skin related issue, or some kind of plugin, but just thought I'd ask here Smile
Sorry just realised I missed your post. I doubt this is a skin issue -- the only reason it wouldn't show is if the episode didn't have a title (the skin checks the title to ensure that empty items aren't displayed and it would be very strange to have a show in the library that had absolutely no title at all). Far more likely to be something to do with skin widgets plugin.

RE: Arctic - namtih - 2013-12-15

(2013-12-14, 23:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: Mod_84Content, irc. Includes_Mod.xml
Thank you very much, that was exactly what I was looking for.

RE: Arctic - PatrickBateman - 2013-12-15

Morning, I have a couple of bugs/requests to report:

1- There appears to be no ability to add "music addons" to the sub menu (without creating as a favourite first)
2- Is it possible to set "music" to enter into albums rather than artists when selected.
3- Can wall view be added as an additional view to files mode
4- Some switches seem redundant (eg. thumbnail view has an option for small thumbs, but it only displays small thumbs)
5- can wall/more views be added to playlists, I use "sets" and would love to have wall view available, however it's currently unavailable when viewing sets/collection playlists.
6- I usually disable reflections, however it seems that the weather widget (under programs) has a baked in reflection even though reflections are disabled. This stands out when reflections are disabled.
7- mixed widget. Can we be able to change the settings of this widget as my In progress is always empty for movies, but in use this a lot in TV shows. Maybe being able to add top 250 or top rated or genre/year or something would be great.

There were a few other bugs/requests, but I didn't write them down and am doing this by memory at the moment Smile
Other than that, it's looking good Big Grin

I'm not a fan of some of the new changes, but that's not a problem, i think your vision is good, and I am enjoying watching the skin develop. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be continuing with the skin as my main skin Sad HOWEVER I think it's great, beautiful and I'll continue to report bugs as-when I find them during normal usage Nod

Keep up the good work,

(2013-12-15, 00:21)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-13, 09:21)Trickass Wrote: In the "In progress" tv-shows, sometimes not all TV shows are shown.

I'm not sure this is a skin related issue, or some kind of plugin, but just thought I'd ask here Smile
Sorry just realised I missed your post. I doubt this is a skin issue -- the only reason it wouldn't show is if the episode didn't have a title (the skin checks the title to ensure that empty items aren't displayed and it would be very strange to have a show in the library that had absolutely no title at all). Far more likely to be something to do with skin widgets plugin.

I don't know how many shows you have/watch or are currently in progress, but the default "in progress" is limited to about 20 shows I think. I had to create a new personal playlist that looked for in progress shows, but I set the limit to 250 as I have about 50 tv shows in progress. That could be an issue, unless you only have a few shows, in which case, it's not Tongue

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-15

(2013-12-15, 11:49)PatrickBateman Wrote: 1- There appears to be no ability to add "music addons" to the sub menu (without creating as a favourite first)
2- Is it possible to set "music" to enter into albums rather than artists when selected.
3- Can wall view be added as an additional view to files mode
4- Some switches seem redundant (eg. thumbnail view has an option for small thumbs, but it only displays small thumbs)
5- can wall/more views be added to playlists, I use "sets" and would love to have wall view available, however it's currently unavailable when viewing sets/collection playlists.
6- I usually disable reflections, however it seems that the weather widget (under programs) has a baked in reflection even though reflections are disabled. This stands out when reflections are disabled.
7- mixed widget. Can we be able to change the settings of this widget as my In progress is always empty for movies, but in use this a lot in TV shows. Maybe being able to add top 250 or top rated or genre/year or something would be great.

8 - I'm not a fan of some of the new changes, but that's not a problem, i think your vision is good, and I am enjoying watching the skin develop. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be continuing with the skin as my main skin

9 - I don't know how many shows you have/watch or are currently in progress, but the default "in progress" is limited to about 20 shows I think. I had to create a new personal playlist that looked for in progress shows, but I set the limit to 250 as I have about 50 tv shows in progress. That could be an issue, unless you only have a few shows, in which case, it's not Tongue

1. Ah I missed this one -- will have to add it.
2. Yeah you just go to 'manage custom home items' and click on the music category > configure -- then select the 'albums' item for it instead. If you want it to say 'music' instead of 'albums' then you can use the 'custom' item to change the label of it. I'll be adding a few extra options in the customisation screen like 'rename' (and 'change icon' would probably be good for submenus) etc. soon.
3. This is part of the reason why I'm overhauling the views -- so that they can then be made available for more sections
4. Yeah I know about that, just haven't got around to cleaning up some of the left over bits yet.
5. See 3
6. Will fix this -- just an oversight
7. Plan to eventually be able to set playlists for the mixed widget when I get around to it.
8. I'm confused by this comment --I know you preferred the old navigation of the tabbed osd and its something I'm still considering changing. But other than that I haven't made that many actual changes to the visual elements of the skin, I've only really added additional customisation options on top of what was already there.
9. Even 20 in-progress shows is double what the widget displays anyway (10) -- it does seem an odd issue and I've certainly never encountered not having in-progress shows not show up in the widget (unless of course there are more than 10 in-progress).

RE: Arctic - PatrickBateman - 2013-12-15

Thanks for the update, that'll be great to get those minor issue resolved Smile
My number 8 comment was not a "I'm not coming back" it's just I won't continue updating this (for now) on all my machine (I'll leave them on the old version that doesn't require a reset of setting/GUI settings and widgets etc) as I had a right nightmare installing the new version. It failed from repo, the git refused to show the widgets for some reason, then I had to re add all my widgets and settings and views etc . Blah blah blah.... So I have this skin working on 1 of 8 machines (7 using old version) therefore, I'm not updating the others until this skin is finished Big Grin

So I won't be using this skin (new version) as my main skin, going forward. I'll be using the old version (as I can't be arsed doing all that work again) Smile but will keep 1 machine on the bleeding edge.

I may not have explained this clearly, but in short, what I meant was... I like the vision, I like watching it evolve, I like where it's going, I enjoy testing and bug reporting... but I hated reconfiguring the latest build (as I had to delete my GUI settings to get it to work) and I'm not doing that on 7 others machines until it's nearly final version as it's a right ball ache doing all that :p

I'll run v4 on the 7 machine, and run v5 on 1 machine and will report back during normal usage Smile

As for navigation, it's fine. I reconfigured the remote and it works almost like it did before. It's absolutely fine and is not an issue for me at all in regard to skin functionality, it's nice. I was just miffed that it required a re-program of my keyboard.xml and now it required deletion of my guisettings...

So I'm not, not using it, I'm just not upgrading all my machines to the new version for now as it means messing with keyboard.xml and GUI settings etc and that's a fanny on, so I've don't it on 1 machine and I'll use that as my test box Smile

Edit:
Bugs and requests
When in weather, and fan art is displayed. If you navigate to 10day forecast and try to navigate, there is nothing to visually advise which day is highlighted.

I have changed music to open in albums, however now it's renamed it as "albums" I also changed programs and changed this to open directly in the "add-ons" ... However it have changed the name of the title to "albums" and "add-ons" would it be possible to leave the name as it was? I like music and programs, but I Just want them to open in a slightly different part of the same section.

There is also not a setting to reset the change I made back to default? How can I set programs back to programs or music back of music?

When I press down on programs (now renamed add-ons) it seems to reload the weather app, this means the picture changes etc and doesn't stay consistent and it flickers when I navigate down (I have it set as my default app in programs)

Cheers

Edit2
Any change of music osc (on screen) option to keep display on screen as it seems to vanish after 30 seconds... For music with no fanart this leaves the screen looking boring and dull... Also, if no fan art is present can you add a default artic style wallpaper?

RE: Arctic - wolfodeiwolfy - 2013-12-15

Hello,

I can not update to last version. I don't understand why. I'm still under 0.4.7 with xbmc Frodo on win8 x64

EDIT : it works, sorry