Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-12-18

(2013-12-18, 00:29)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-17, 20:35)Branphma Wrote: (1) Thanks, fixed nowBig Grin The problem i had under 12.2 where the movie set info did not show as well was because of a broken extendedscript. Don't know why, but everything i tried "install via zip" it installed, but not correctly. Had to paste it manually...

(2) When i select one of the home items (movies or mucis or tv shows etc) the transition to the items that should appear (albums or list of tv shows or list of movies) is kinda slow. Meaning that the screens stays white for like 2-3 seconds.

(3) Edit: Extrafanart does not work anymore...just me?
1. Git repository zips aren't intended for 'install via zip' -- they aren't specially packaged xbmc addon zips, they are just autogenerated zips containing the contents of the repository. All git zips should be manually extracted into the addons directory.

2. This is strange. Definitely doesn't happen for me. Can you provide me a debug log of it occuring?

3. No changes to extrafanart for a while, but I'll double check later today. -- edit: its working fine for me...

Extrafanart does indeed work. I had in mind that fanart does change immediately when selecting another movie, but it did not so i thought it would not work anymore. If I stay on a movie for a few seconds the fanart changes as it is supposed to.

Here is the debug log. Hopefully you can see through it^^ I started XBMC selected the movie category during that process the screen stayed white 2-3 seconds. After that I closed XBMC again.
http://pastebin.com/pWX3JYEL

Edit: Could you replace the rating with duration next to the movie title in "Info List" view? The rating is already displayed at the bottom.

RE: Arctic - Jo3y - 2013-12-18

First off - thanks for a beautiful skin! Been using Aeon Nox forever, I needed a change!

I couldn't download the skin through the repository, it failed after 98-99% even though I tried several times, so I downloaded it from the Github (just used the latest zip). My concern is, will I automatically get the latest updates this way, or does it have to be installed through the repository for automatic updates? (I have the WIP repository enabled, and the skin shows up there as enabled if that changes anything?)

Also wondering if there is any way that when I enter "Music" that it will show the albums instead of the artist list? In Aeon you could set "albums" as the main folder.

RE: Arctic - ferent - 2013-12-18

(2013-12-18, 14:14)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-18, 11:45)ferent Wrote: Hello jurialmunkey, it's possible to implement a better CinemaExperience integration in the skin like AeonMQ5 has? When you clic enter to play a film, in the left menu add and option to play in CinemaExperience mode...
I'll have a look at how aeonmq5 does it. However, you can use cinema experience in arctic by going to the info screen for the movie/episode and pressing down on trailer or play (I can't remember which one it is).

Yes I know the option, but the hidden button in Info films, is very little intuitive, I think. When I saw the left access in MQ5 I said wow, I like this, hehe!!

RE: Arctic - PatrickBateman - 2013-12-18

Hey JM,

The reflections on weather panels seem fixed now Big Grin
However, when using panel view (home screen) and setting weather as program widget all seems well. Until, you press "down" when programs is highlighted.

Doing so causes the weather icon to flicker and appears to reload a different picture?
This can be exhibited by highlighting "programs" on the panel view home screen, and then repeatedly pressing down then up... You will see the weather widget change picture, flicker and appear to reload.

This never used to happen (before the last bug update)

Other than that it's looking good and working well using latest git Cool

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-19

(2013-12-18, 15:38)Branphma Wrote: (1) Extrafanart does indeed work. I had in mind that fanart does change immediately when selecting another movie, but it did not so i thought it would not work anymore. If I stay on a movie for a few seconds the fanart changes as it is supposed to.

(2) Here is the debug log. Hopefully you can see through it^^ I started XBMC selected the movie category during that process the screen stayed white 2-3 seconds. After that I closed XBMC again.

(3) Edit: Could you replace the rating with duration next to the movie title in "Info List" view? The rating is already displayed at the bottom.
1. Yeah it was a suggestion by PaulSalem (reFocus Big) to delay the loading of the extrafanart until after an idle period -- it significantly speeds up navigation because the disk isn't being constantly read to check for extrafanart until you actually stop on something
2. I can't see anything to strange it just looks like a combination of loading a smart playlist, and the tvtunes and tvnext aired backends. Can you try disabling both tvtunes and tvnext aired temporarily in 'Skin Settings > Addons' and seeing if you still have the delay. If these are the culprits I think I might have to move them to load at startup rather than when entering the library
3. I'm not sure if duration will fit there, but I see what you mean about double up of info -- I'll have a play around with it a bit more.

(2013-12-18, 16:08)Jo3y Wrote: First off - thanks for a beautiful skin! Been using Aeon Nox forever, I needed a change!

I couldn't download the skin through the repository, it failed after 98-99% even though I tried several times, so I downloaded it from the Github (just used the latest zip). My concern is, will I automatically get the latest updates this way, or does it have to be installed through the repository for automatic updates? (I have the WIP repository enabled, and the skin shows up there as enabled if that changes anything?)

Also wondering if there is any way that when I enter "Music" that it will show the albums instead of the artist list? In Aeon you could set "albums" as the main folder.
Thanks Big Grin

I'm really not sure about whether or not it will update. I know that if you manually install a zipped addon package then later install the repo it should work, but the git zip is not a specially packaged addon - its just the contents of the git repo. It really could go either way.

Goto to 'Skin Settings > Home > Manage custom home items' -- this is the gui configuration screen. Select the music item, a dialog pops up, choose configure -- then select the Albums preset from the list. If you want to call it music rather than albums, just reselect configure and go to rename (bottom right) and change the name of it (rename option is only as of yesterdays most recent git changes).

(2013-12-18, 17:43)ferent Wrote: Yes I know the option, but the hidden button in Info films, is very little intuitive, I think. When I saw the left access in MQ5 I said wow, I like this, hehe!!
Yeah I know -- I should just give it its own button. I'll have a look at how MQ5 does it when I get the chance though.

(2013-12-18, 20:20)PatrickBateman Wrote: Doing so causes the weather icon to flicker and appears to reload a different picture?
This can be exhibited by highlighting "programs" on the panel view home screen, and then repeatedly pressing down then up... You will see the weather widget change picture, flicker and appear to reload.
I see. I'll have a look at it today if I get the chance.

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-12-19

(2013-12-19, 01:06)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-18, 15:38)Branphma Wrote: (1) Extrafanart does indeed work. I had in mind that fanart does change immediately when selecting another movie, but it did not so i thought it would not work anymore. If I stay on a movie for a few seconds the fanart changes as it is supposed to.

(2) Here is the debug log. Hopefully you can see through it^^ I started XBMC selected the movie category during that process the screen stayed white 2-3 seconds. After that I closed XBMC again.

(3) Edit: Could you replace the rating with duration next to the movie title in "Info List" view? The rating is already displayed at the bottom.
1. Yeah it was a suggestion by PaulSalem (reFocus Big) to delay the loading of the extrafanart until after an idle period -- it significantly speeds up navigation because the disk isn't being constantly read to check for extrafanart until you actually stop on something
2. I can't see anything to strange it just looks like a combination of loading a smart playlist, and the tvtunes and tvnext aired backends. Can you try disabling both tvtunes and tvnext aired temporarily in 'Skin Settings > Addons' and seeing if you still have the delay. If these are the culprits I think I might have to move them to load at startup rather than when entering the library
3. I'm not sure if duration will fit there, but I see what you mean about double up of info -- I'll have a play around with it a bit more.

That did not solve the problem. I set up a completely new profile for another windows user today. And it didn't show that delay until I activated LiveTV. However, after deactivating LiveTV again it still shows the delay.
I am starting to believe that something must be wrong with my system because of these "bugs" only I seem to haveSad
Guess I will stick with it for know as it does not bother me too much, just curious what causes it.

Hope you find some rest over the holidaysWink
Keep up the good work mate!

Edit: I got a few small requestsBig Grin

1.) Could you darken the font used for plot and genre info in "Info List" view? It's a little hard to read i think (about 2.5 m distance to 55" TV, standard skin theme).

2.) I guess you already know that i love scrolling text. Maybe add that to "Info List", "Banner List" and "Info Wall" view as well?Big Grin

3.) Could you add "Info Strip" view to the movies section? I love that new viewtype

RE: Arctic - ferent - 2013-12-19

Hello, in the new Collection Films widget access, there are only a few views, and they doesn't show cdart.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-20

(2013-12-19, 18:10)Branphma Wrote: That did not solve the problem. I set up a completely new profile for another windows user today. And it didn't show that delay until I activated LiveTV. However, after deactivating LiveTV again it still shows the delay.

1.) Could you darken the font used for plot and genre info in "Info List" view? It's a little hard to read i think (about 2.5 m distance to 55" TV, standard skin theme).
2.) I guess you already know that i love scrolling text. Maybe add that to "Info List", "Banner List" and "Info Wall" view as well?
3.) Could you add "Info Strip" view to the movies section? I love that new viewtype
It could just be hard disc access - the drive spinning up etc -- this happens to me when accessing the music library because my music is on its own separate drive and so it takes a couple of seconds for the drive to spin up because it wasn't being used. If it only happens the first time, it could just be the loading of the library cache. Its strange that it happens after enabling livetv -- perhaps the pvr section just takes a little while to load the channels/epg etc. and xbmc is still doing that in the background when you open the library. I'd be interested to know if it still happens if you just let the system sit for a few minutes to ensure everything is done loading then open up the library.

1. Yeah it could probably do with being a little darker. I'll change it for the next update.
2. Focused items definitely should have the main label scroll. I'll keep this in mind to check as I'm going over the viewtypes.
3. Yep it definitely will be coming for the movies section, just haven't got around to it yet

(2013-12-19, 19:23)ferent Wrote: Hello, in the new Collection Films widget access, there are only a few views, and they doesn't show cdart.
Will hopefully be fixed in the next update.

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-12-20

(2013-12-20, 01:44)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-19, 18:10)Branphma Wrote: That did not solve the problem. I set up a completely new profile for another windows user today. And it didn't show that delay until I activated LiveTV. However, after deactivating LiveTV again it still shows the delay.

2.) I guess you already know that i love scrolling text. Maybe add that to "Info List", "Banner List" and "Info Wall" view as well?
It could just be hard disc access - the drive spinning up etc -- this happens to me when accessing the music library because my music is on its own separate drive and so it takes a couple of seconds for the drive to spin up because it wasn't being used. If it only happens the first time, it could just be the loading of the library cache. Its strange that it happens after enabling livetv -- perhaps the pvr section just takes a little while to load the channels/epg etc. and xbmc is still doing that in the background when you open the library. I'd be interested to know if it still happens if you just let the system sit for a few minutes to ensure everything is done loading then open up the library.

If i wait a couple of minutes it behaves exactly the same. Maybe my database is too big? (300 movies, 2100 episodes 3000+ songs)

Edit: I have made a new default record label if there is no cdart available. How can i replace the old cd icon with my new one?

RE: Arctic - sling - 2013-12-20

@JM
I read about so much beauty stuff, I can hardly wait.
When will the repository be updated?
It still works with version 5.2!

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-20

@Branphma -- its 'skin.arctic/media/osd/fullscreen/cd.png' -- I really should move it out to the extras folder so it can be customised easier

@sling -- it will be coming to the repository in the next few days -- there are just a couple of things I need to fix before I update it.

RE: Arctic - sling - 2013-12-21

@JM
Thanks for the update, I have a large music collection I'm curious how that will look in the new views. I will try to be patient. I enjoy every day of this beautiful skin.

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-12-21

Thanks a lot for the tip.
Concerning my delay problem i can reproduce it when playing music in the background. Everytime I select a home category while listening to music i have that delay.

I might have found a bug:

I am browsing through an album (song list) of an artist in music library. After that I press execute to get back to the homescreen. Then I press the music item again to get back to my library (he gets me directly back to the song list of the album I was looking at). Now I want to go back to the artist list. To do that I press backspace two times (song list -> album list -> artist list). There should be the list of all my artists in the music library, however XBMC does list only the artist who's albums I was browsing before??

RE: Arctic - Lukas - 2013-12-21

Just a quick thank you. I switched to Arctic after running Aeon for years. Haven't looked back.
Skin looks amazing. I love the progress indicator animations and am a fan of the dark theme as well.

Thank you again.

Lukas

RE: Arctic - wolfodeiwolfy - 2013-12-21

(2013-12-16, 00:30)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-15, 20:10)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I can not update to last version. I don't understand why. I'm still under 0.4.7 with xbmc Frodo on win8 x64
Recently there have been some issues with xbmc addon repositories so that is probably what you are experience re updating.

I have just downloaded 0.5.7 version from git. I didn't have an update notification in xbmc so I get the git version.

In xbmc it is still 0.5.2 after install

This is strange, is it normal ?