Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - soupboy - 2013-12-22

Not sure if this has already been touched on but I cannot install this skin from the WIP repo on Gotham. I know that Gotham support isn't officially available and I'm not expecting any changes but any other skin I try and install will install fine even if it has issues afterwards. When I click install from the addons nothing happens and then after 2 mins or so a popup appears saying that there "Installation Failed"

Any chance this is not a gotham issue and could be fixed in across all systems? Skin runs fine for me in Gotham for what I need and using the Raspberry Pi Gotham is really the only way to go.

EDIT -- Manually installing from the Git works fine although I can't clone sadly so will have to keep up with changes myself.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-23

(2013-12-21, 00:23)Branphma Wrote: I am browsing through an album (song list) of an artist in music library. After that I press execute to get back to the homescreen. Then I press the music item again to get back to my library (he gets me directly back to the song list of the album I was looking at). Now I want to go back to the artist list. To do that I press backspace two times (song list -> album list -> artist list). There should be the list of all my artists in the music library, however XBMC does list only the artist who's albums I was browsing before??
Definitely seems like an xbmc bug as it happens with other skins as well.

(2013-12-21, 01:24)Lukas Wrote: Just a quick thank you. I switched to Arctic after running Aeon for years. Haven't looked back.
Skin looks amazing. I love the progress indicator animations and am a fan of the dark theme as well.

Thank you again.
Thanks! Big Grin

(2013-12-21, 11:51)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I have just downloaded 0.5.7 version from git. I didn't have an update notification in xbmc so I get the git version.
In xbmc it is still 0.5.2 after install
This is strange, is it normal ?
You didn't have an update notification because the latest version in the wip repository is 0.5.2
If you are going to install the git version you need to completely delete the old skin.arctic folder from the xbmc addons directory (don't just uninstall it), then you need to clone the git repository into the addons directory. If you download the zip from the git repository, then you need to unzip it into the addons folder (don't just do an install from zip inside xbmc). Then you need to restart xbmc.

(2013-12-22, 01:44)soupboy Wrote: Not sure if this has already been touched on but I cannot install this skin from the WIP repo on Gotham. I know that Gotham support isn't officially available and I'm not expecting any changes but any other skin I try and install will install fine even if it has issues afterwards. When I click install from the addons nothing happens and then after 2 mins or so a popup appears saying that there "Installation Failed"

Any chance this is not a gotham issue and could be fixed in across all systems? Skin runs fine for me in Gotham for what I need and using the Raspberry Pi Gotham is really the only way to go.

EDIT -- Manually installing from the Git works fine although I can't clone sadly so will have to keep up with changes myself.
I don't manage the wip repository so I can't comment much on issues with it other than it should install from there with Gotham.

RE: Arctic - wolfodeiwolfy - 2013-12-23

(2013-12-23, 07:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-21, 11:51)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I have just downloaded 0.5.7 version from git. I didn't have an update notification in xbmc so I get the git version.
In xbmc it is still 0.5.2 after install
This is strange, is it normal ?
You didn't have an update notification because the latest version in the wip repository is 0.5.2
If you are going to install the git version you need to completely delete the old skin.arctic folder from the xbmc addons directory (don't just uninstall it), then you need to clone the git repository into the addons directory. If you download the zip from the git repository, then you need to unzip it into the addons folder (don't just do an install from zip inside xbmc). Then you need to restart xbmc.

That's what I did. I will get the next version of artic ?

RE: Arctic - Kokonutcreme - 2013-12-23

Latest version available now from WIP repo is 0.5.9, installed last night, like the subtle change to the weather display Jurial. Weather navigation always confused my wife when she wanted to scroll through the rest of the 10 day forecast for Weather Underground.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-24

(2013-12-23, 14:41)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: That's what I did. I will get the next version of artic ?
afaik, you will only get automatic updates if you are using the wip repo version. If you are using the git version you will have to manually update. If you cloned the git version then you only need to run the git pull command inside the skin.arctic directory to download and apply any recent changes.

(2013-12-23, 21:53)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Latest version available now from WIP repo is 0.5.9, installed last night, like the subtle change to the weather display Jurial. Weather navigation always confused my wife when she wanted to scroll through the rest of the 10 day forecast for Weather Underground.
Yeah it was pretty much broken and had been bugging me for ages but just never got around to fixing it because there was a lot of parts that needed to be rewritten to work properly -- basically it was a bunch of left over poor modification choices I made when I was first learning to skin xp1080.

RE: Arctic - sling - 2013-12-25

@JM
Thanks for this Christmas surprise
great update of the repository cheers ?

RE: Arctic - wolfodeiwolfy - 2013-12-25

(2013-12-24, 01:10)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-23, 14:41)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: That's what I did. I will get the next version of artic ?
afaik, you will only get automatic updates if you are using the wip repo version. If you are using the git version you will have to manually update. If you cloned the git version then you only need to run the git pull command inside the skin.arctic directory to download and apply any recent changes.

Thanks

I am using xbmc skin dev repo. I downloaded automatically 0.5.9 version.

RE: Arctic - unspeakable_x - 2013-12-25

Hy there! First of all, this skin is amazing, and I tried them all (AEON MQ/Nox through Confluence MOD/Customizable Mod and Amber).

I will stick to this skin forever (and ever), I love it`s clean interface and overall design Cool

After 2 days of configuration I think I figured it all out & I am working with Media Companion to get my fanart in order.
The last thing I am struggling with seems to be the home screen widgets for Movies/TV Shows.

1) I can`t figure out, what is missing or what the criteria are for showing items in In Progress and/or Recectly Added.
I tried to fast forward some time (~60min) into a movie, because I think it has something to do with showing the movie under "In Progress".
"Recently Added" is constantly empty (black screen), doesn`t matter if I just added 5 movies to the database or not...

2) I can`t figure out a way, to show the plot within my home screen widgets. I only get * Hidden to prevent spoilers * which is driving me crazy Cool
This goes for Movies and TV Shows, even if the movie is already marked as watched.
The only setting I could find was "Show plot for unwatchd items" under Settings>Video>Library, which I already checked.
I`d really like to see the plot for everything, if it`s possible in any way Angel

Thanks and keep up the excellent work Cool

RE: Arctic - Smobbo - 2013-12-26

(2013-12-25, 23:12)unspeakable_x Wrote: Hy there! First of all, this skin is amazing, and I tried them all (AEON MQ/Nox through Confluence MOD/Customizable Mod and Amber).

I will stick to this skin forever (and ever), I love it`s clean interface and overall design Cool

After 2 days of configuration I think I figured it all out & I am working with Media Companion to get my fanart in order.
The last thing I am struggling with seems to be the home screen widgets for Movies/TV Shows.

1) I can`t figure out, what is missing or what the criteria are for showing items in In Progress and/or Recectly Added.
I tried to fast forward some time (~60min) into a movie, because I think it has something to do with showing the movie under "In Progress".
"Recently Added" is constantly empty (black screen), doesn`t matter if I just added 5 movies to the database or not...

2) I can`t figure out a way, to show the plot within my home screen widgets. I only get * Hidden to prevent spoilers * which is driving me crazy Cool
This goes for Movies and TV Shows, even if the movie is already marked as watched.
The only setting I could find was "Show plot for unwatchd items" under Settings>Video>Library, which I already checked.
I`d really like to see the plot for everything, if it`s possible in any way Angel

Thanks and keep up the excellent work Cool

I just figured this out!

It is a setting within the skinwidget.service
Go to settings, add-on and then installed add-ons.

There in the services tab you'll find the skin widget service, you can configure this add-on.
In those settings just activate all options (recommended, random, ongoing).
After that I had to restart my raspberry pi, but now I could choose the widgets I wanted from the arctic skin settings and they work Smile !
Now I have a nice mixed widget for music and movies, and an ongoing widget for tv shows Smile !

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-26

@unspeakable_x -- see Smobbo's post just above. Thanks Smobbo Smile

RE: Arctic - unspeakable_x - 2013-12-26

(2013-12-26, 00:36)Smobbo Wrote: There in the services tab you'll find the skin widget service, you can configure this add-on.
In those settings just activate all options (recommended, random, ongoing).

Thanks a lot Smobbo Wink it`s perfectly working. Seems like I missed the Skin Widgets Configuration Panel Angel

Now, the last thing (is there ever a last thing? Big Grin) that bugs me is the the missing studio icon at the lower left corner of the screen.
Skin>Furniture>Show info tags

How are the Studio icons downloaded and how can I add them manually?
Sometimes there is an existing single icon, e.g. the icon for "Marv Films" from Kick-Ass 2 is there, but Columbia or Disney is missing are missing Sad
My line from Media Companion includes most of the time more than 1 studio, e.g. Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar Animation Studios or "New Line Cinema, Safran Company, The, Evergreen Media Group" > could this be the source of the problem?

RE: Arctic - Martijn - 2013-12-26

multiple movie studios are not supported by XBMC. You should only use one.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-26

Added the ability to add a lovefilm style panel behind many of the viewtypes.
Open the left menu (where you choose views) and go to view options > show back panel
Views supported:
  • Info List
  • Info Wall
  • Info Strip
  • Thumbnails
  • Poster/Cover Panel
  • Panel List

watch gallery

On github.

RE: Arctic - sling - 2013-12-26

@jurialmunkey
the skin is incredibly beautiful. It is the best ever!
I have one question is it possible to make in the above viewstypes the fanart at random.

RE: Arctic - unspeakable_x - 2013-12-26

(2013-12-26, 01:58)Martijn Wrote: multiple movie studios are not supported by XBMC. You should only use one.

Thank you, that worked for me Cool

(2013-12-26, 04:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: Added the ability to add a lovefilm style panel behind many of the viewtypes.

On github.

Thanks for another update. I installed Arctic through the WIP Repo, is it possible to update to 0.6.0 through GitHub?`

Unfortunately there are 2 other questions Angel

1) Is it possible to use any clearart instead or in addition to clearlogo?
2) What`s the difference between a full grey ring or a blue star next to the movie/show name? I know the full grey ring means "Unplayed" but there are some movies/shows which are also unplayed but are showing a blue star next to the (movie/season/episode) name Undecided