Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-26

(2013-12-26, 10:19)sling Wrote: @jurialmunkey
the skin is incredibly beautiful. It is the best ever!
I have one question is it possible to make in the above viewstypes the fanart at random.
If you mean the fanart within the view (i.e. not the background fanart) then not currently. However, I think that would be a good feature to have - I'll put it in when I have the chance.

(2013-12-26, 11:01)unspeakable_x Wrote: Thanks for another update. I installed Arctic through the WIP Repo, is it possible to update to 0.6.0 through GitHub?`

1) Is it possible to use any clearart instead or in addition to clearlogo?
2) What`s the difference between a full grey ring or a blue star next to the movie/show name? I know the full grey ring means "Unplayed" but there are some movies/shows which are also unplayed but are showing a blue star next to the (movie/season/episode) name Undecided
I sent an update request for the repo, so it should be up in within the next couple of days edit: it should be in there now...

1. I don't really use clearart anywhere in the skin because I find it isn't very consistent in terms of how it is aligned plus a lot of content doesn't have clearart

2. This is what the indicators mean:
Green tick -- watched
Half circle -- in progress
Full circle -- unwatched
Blue star -- recently added + unwatched

RE: Arctic - Smobbo - 2013-12-26

(2013-12-26, 11:01)unspeakable_x Wrote:
(2013-12-26, 01:58)Martijn Wrote: multiple movie studios are not supported by XBMC. You should only use one.

Thank you, that worked for me Cool

(2013-12-26, 04:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: Added the ability to add a lovefilm style panel behind many of the viewtypes.

On github.

Thanks for another update. I installed Arctic through the WIP Repo, is it possible to update to 0.6.0 through GitHub?`

Unfortunately there are 2 other questions Angel

1) Is it possible to use any clearart instead or in addition to clearlogo?
2) What`s the difference between a full grey ring or a blue star next to the movie/show name? I know the full grey ring means "Unplayed" but there are some movies/shows which are also unplayed but are showing a blue star next to the (movie/season/episode) name Undecided

Answer to 2) blue star means recently added

RE: Arctic - Branphma - 2013-12-26

The new back panels are just awesome. Looks fantastic and the great improvement of readability on info list viewBig Grin
Great job on that one Jurial!

I'd like suggest that you replace the display of the year (below the movie title in info strip view and left to the genres in info list view) with the duration. Guess that would fit quite nicely plus there is additional info without further clutterWink

RE: Arctic - ferent - 2013-12-26

Jurial will you add support for the new TvTunes? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178704

RE: Arctic - wolfodeiwolfy - 2013-12-26

Is it possible to add a windows icon to the default icons folder ?

RE: Arctic - Trickass - 2013-12-26

Hello JurialMonkey,

I use Ember MediaManager to manage my library.
However, when the movie is added to xbmc and index from a local .NFO file, the 'plot' is added in the database to column c02 instead of c01 for scraped movie plot.

In the skin, only the content of column c01 is show.
So, i was wondering if it was possible to show content of c02 when c01 is empty? Would make it easier for me in any case Smile

Have a nice holiday!

RE: Arctic - sling - 2013-12-26

@JM great thanks in advance.

RE: Arctic - drivesoslow - 2013-12-26

Is there a way to turn off the watched indicator?

Also new movies and most watched music are populated but new TV shows are blank, am I missing a script or program?

This is only on the home screen the new tv shows button takes me to a populated list.

RE: Arctic - unspeakable_x - 2013-12-26

(2013-12-26, 12:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: I sent an update request for the repo, so it should be up in within the next couple of days edit: it should be in there now...

1. I don't really use clearart anywhere in the skin because I find it isn't very consistent in terms of how it is aligned plus a lot of content doesn't have clearart

Thanks, the update got automatically installed Cool

You are right, clearart and diskart is not available most of the time, so it would not make much sense for a consistent view. Sometimes I just really like the clearart a lot, so would it be a good idea to just rename the clearart.png to logo.png to get the clearart displayed on certain movies/shows with Arctic?

RE: Arctic - protocol77 - 2013-12-26

would it be possible to add some sort of right list view I am currently using Classic Poster for Shows and Panel list for episodes but cannot find a suitable view for Season Level

RE: Arctic - Smobbo - 2013-12-26

(2013-12-26, 18:30)drivesoslow Wrote: Also new movies and most watched music are populated but new TV shows are blank, am I missing a script or program?

This is only on the home screen the new tv shows button takes me to a populated list.

Look one page back, it's caused by the skin widget.service

JM, I just noticed that the clock in panel view disappears when you're browsing in the widget.
In simple view the clock stays present, which I find very handy ('do I have time for 1 more show? Let's see what time it is...')
Could you perhaps reposition the clock to the upper right corner? Or move the logo in the widget so that the clock can still be visible? I don't know what the best location would be for the clock, perhaps you have a better idea Wink

EDIT: I think I just noticed a small bug, in panel view without the backdrop it doesn't show unwatched for shows that aren't selected. When you enable the new backdrop it does show them. It used to always show the unwatched number (which is very convenient!).

RE: Arctic - drivesoslow - 2013-12-27

(2013-12-26, 23:17)Smobbo Wrote:
(2013-12-26, 18:30)drivesoslow Wrote: Also new movies and most watched music are populated but new TV shows are blank, am I missing a script or program?

Look one page back, it's caused by the skin widget.service

JM, I just noticed that the clock in panel view disappears when you're browsing in the widget.
In simple view the clock stays present, which I find very handy ('do I have time for 1 more show? Let's see what time it is...')
Could you perhaps reposition the clock to the upper right corner? Or move the logo in the widget so that the clock can still be visible? I don't know what the best location would be for the clock, perhaps you have a better idea Wink

EDIT: I think I just noticed a small bug, in panel view without the backdrop it doesn't show unwatched for shows that aren't selected. When you enable the new backdrop it does show them. It used to always show the unwatched number (which is very convenient!).

I had checked the widget settings before but I had missed the option that causes it to only display unwatched items

RE: Arctic - JoostXBMC - 2013-12-27

Love the skin so far, just installed it... Love the audio osd options!

Feedback so far, a more populated home-screen, very much empty space witch would be lovely to be filled (user option then)
Also when brownings in file mode, more viewtypes would be lovely! Standard confluence media-info viewtype for example...

Just amazing this skin!!

RE: Arctic - Lukas - 2013-12-27

Hey all

I have a question. I have a very cosmetic issue with my setup.

I used to run Aeon and switched to Arctic and I also upgraded my hardware. I run my xbmc almost entirely off a 4GB ramdisk (exception is \userdata\thumbnails which is on ssd) on pretty decent parts so it's kinda fast. Therein lies my problem. As I mentioned already I was running Aeon on my previous rig, and had a short dolby sourround sound trailer configured as a start-up playlist. I think Arctic is missing that option, so I tried to resolve that "issue" with autoexec.py in \userdata to start playback on xbmc start-up. This works, but skin loads completely before the videoclip starts playing. And that's annoying :-)

I get XBMC logo, then the black Arctic background for a second, then the homescreen, also for a split second, with the update notification and plugin notifications already running and then my clip starts. On my old hardware (and Aeon) the home screen appeared AFTER the movie, not before, which gave you the impression that the trailer was "built-in". It was a smoother transition between the startup logo's, the video and the homescreen. Can't explain it better than that. Smile Yes, I do know I have a problem, and probably OCD. ;-)

My question is: a) is there a way I could hold off/delay loading the homescreen till after autoexec.py has run, without any python knowledge (or any other programming language) whatsoever?
or b) are there plans to implement playlist on start-up later on (maybe a nice-to have feature for just a few users, I know) and if yes; will it be possible to execute the playlist before loading the homescreen?

Thnx again for all the work, it really is a great, great skin.

Grtz

Lukas

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-27

(2013-12-26, 13:10)Branphma Wrote: The new back panels are just awesome. Looks fantastic and the great improvement of readability on info list viewBig Grin
Great job on that one Jurial!

I'd like suggest that you replace the display of the year (below the movie title in info strip view and left to the genres in info list view) with the duration. Guess that would fit quite nicely plus there is additional info without further clutter
Thanks Smile

Usually I'm not one for repeating info but I do find the year useful when browsing movies using a view that displays quite a few items. It is useful when distinguishing between similar items -- for instance movies with remakes like Lolita or Total Recall, I can immediately tell which one is the original and which one the remake. Its also useful with sequels - say something like Rambo, Aliens or Star Wars, you can immediately see which one is the first one etc. Also with info strip/wall, the width of the label isn't really wide enough to display "110 minutes" -- I more just added the year because there was space for three lines of text and most titles only run over two lines. I think what might be a better idea is to have a condition for those views to put the duration down in the infotags where the year goes -- although I'm not a fan of info moving around either... I'll have to think a bit more about this one.

(2013-12-26, 14:27)ferent Wrote: Jurial will you add support for the new TvTunes? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178704
It should still work (it works on mine). Make sure its enabled in "Skin settings > addons". I pushed an update to git that should allow it to work for movie sets as well (it previously was set to only work for tvshows).

(2013-12-26, 16:24)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: Is it possible to add a windows icon to the default icons folder ?
If someone makes it for me I'll add it in. I'd rather spend my free time working on the skin than making icons. You can always add your own icons to the skin.arctic/extras/icons folder (that's where they are stored).

(2013-12-26, 17:55)Trickass Wrote: I use Ember MediaManager to manage my library.
However, when the movie is added to xbmc and index from a local .NFO file, the 'plot' is added in the database to column c02 instead of c01 for scraped movie plot. In the skin, only the content of column c01 is show.
c01 is the info label ListItem.Plot whereas c02 is ListItem.PlotOutline in the xbmc database -- I only use ListItem.Plot because with the standard xbmc scrapers it is nearly always filled whereas PlotOutline is often empty.

It seems there was a recent issue with Ember only filling the PlotOutline label and not the Plot label. Apparently it is fixed in the most recent versions -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176078

(2013-12-26, 18:30)drivesoslow Wrote: Is there a way to turn off the watched indicator?
Not currently. You can turn off the in-progress indicators, but not the indicators altogether. I'll add an option eventually.

(2013-12-26, 20:10)unspeakable_x Wrote: You are right, clearart and diskart is not available most of the time, so it would not make much sense for a consistent view. Sometimes I just really like the clearart a lot, so would it be a good idea to just rename the clearart.png to logo.png to get the clearart displayed on certain movies/shows with Arctic?
You can do this but you would have to rescan with Artwork Downloader in local files mode to put them into the library.

You can also choose the art to use manually in the skin. Goto the movie/tvshow you want to change > Click info on your remote > Goto "Choose Art" > then select the "Choose Art" option from the slideout menu. You will then see all the different artwork types that particular item has. Choose the clearlogo one. You should then have three options which are from left: current art, no art and browse (the folder icon). Click "browse" then choose *Item folder and you can select the clearart from the folder to replace the clearlogo.

(2013-12-26, 20:33)protocol77 Wrote: would it be possible to add some sort of right list view I am currently using Classic Poster for Shows and Panel list for episodes but cannot find a suitable view for Season Level
Do you mean like "info list"?? That's a right list view.

I always find seasons tricky to make views for. I'm going to be adding a specific view to banner list for seasons that shows the poster instead of fanart and season based info instead of plot.

Personally I use wide banner for my seasons with season specific banners -- a lot of shows don't have them so I just make my own by adding some big text to the banner art that says "Season One" etc. -- its a bit of a pain, but IMO banners are by far the best type of artwork for seasons and its a real shame that more of them aren't made.

(2013-12-26, 23:17)Smobbo Wrote: JM, I just noticed that the clock in panel view disappears when you're browsing in the widget.
Could you perhaps reposition the clock to the upper right corner?

Yeah can't really move it anywhere else. Top right is used by now playing, volume etc. -- also dont want it moving around the screen - the fundamental principle with the skin was keeping the surrounding "furniture" consistent -- i.e. info tags, logo and clock at the bottom and view header and now playing/tv next aired at the top. I know its a little annoying but I don't think its too hard to quickly press up to check the time then back down onto the widget.

Fixed the panel view in latest git (will be in repo in a few days time once I've finished a couple of other things).

(2013-12-27, 01:32)JoostXBMC Wrote: Love the skin so far, just installed it... Love the audio osd options!

Feedback so far, a more populated home-screen, very much empty space witch would be lovely to be filled (user option then)
Also when brownings in file mode, more viewtypes would be lovely! Standard confluence media-info viewtype for example...

Just amazing this skin!!
Thanks Big Grin

With a widget open on simple home and now playing info at the top of the screen the space is pretty much filled.
You should be able to use info list/wall and thumbnail in files mode. The problem with files mode is there isn't a whole deal of info to use to do anything with if the item isn't scanned to the library. Also, anything that you add as a source will have the same views available in files mode as it does in library mode (e.g. if you add something as a movie source you should be able to browse that directory with the exact same views as in movies library).

(2013-12-27, 03:04)Lukas Wrote: b) are there plans to implement playlist on start-up later on (maybe a nice-to have feature for just a few users, I know) and if yes; will it be possible to execute the playlist before loading the homescreen?

I had never really thought about this. Definitely will add an option to play a video on startup as I can see a lot of uses for it. Would that suffice or do you need an actual playlist to run? Shouldn't be that much more difficult to add, but will start testing with just a video for starters... edit: actually, I think the code would be the same