Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - Azake - 2013-08-17

I have a question more related to XBMC in general.
If you have created movie sets and also movieset-fanart.jpg and movieset-poster.jpg, xbmc doesn't take these images. It just takes one poster out of the set of movies.
The nfo file can be just manipulated with <set>Name_of_the_collection</set> (e.g.: <set>The Bourne Collection</set>). This works of course to create moviesets but as I mentioned above xbmc doesn't take the movieset-poster.jpg instead it takes one of the other posters of the including movies in the movieset.
Is there a workaround ?

RE: Arctic - magico77 - 2013-08-17

Is possible to ad a Concerts Button and a Music Video Button?

Arctic - mark2112 - 2013-08-17

(2013-08-17, 13:29)magico77 Wrote: Is possible to ad a Concerts Button and a Music Video Button?

You could make those yourself using the custom home items. Just make them music submenu items and assign an appropriate icon to them using the icon set in the sperience1080 forum.

RE: Arctic - lysin - 2013-08-17

(2013-08-17, 01:32)emptyhead Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 20:01)lysin Wrote: jurialmunkey, is there anyway that the main menu text can be made a little bigger?

It kinda looks too tight on my TV and the contrast its making my eyes sore. Tongue

Keep up the good work

I'm sorry but I have to disagree strongly here. One of the things I love about this skin is the font sizing in the main menu. It makes it look sleek. If its hurting your eyes then you're looking at the main screen too long and not watching media!!!!!

That's just a matter of opinion. I won't discuss that. And as everything else, I want everything to be perfect, even when I'm not watching media.

(2013-08-17, 01:32)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 20:01)lysin Wrote: jurialmunkey, is there anyway that the main menu text can be made a little bigger?
It kinda looks too tight on my TV and the contrast its making my eyes sore. Tongue

In skin.arctic/1080i/Fonts.xml towards the bottom (line 440) is an entry
Code:
<font>
    <name>Font-ModHome</name>
    <filename>alaska_black.ttf</filename>
    <size>36</size>
</font>

You can probably get away with having it up to about 48 or 50 as long as the names of your categories aren't too long.

(2013-08-17, 01:32)emptyhead Wrote: I'm sorry but I have to disagree strongly here. One of the things I love about this skin is the font sizing in the main menu. It makes it look sleek. If its hurting your eyes then you're looking at the main screen too long and not watching media!!!!!

Yeah I don't want to change it too much. I'm might change it to 38 which from 36 is a very subtle size up, but I'm not even sure about that really. Its pretty easy for people to change it themselves (one line in Fonts.xml). I might just leave it until I get the Fonts file cleaned up a bit then simply add another font set for bigger fonts all round so people can choose between the two.

Thank you jurialmunkey. It was easy enough to change it.

I have it set at 42 and it feels much more comfortable for me now.

Wink

Thanks again for the help

RE: Arctic - patseguin - 2013-08-17

This looks amazing and works fine for me so far. Thank you so much for taking it over!

RE: Arctic - pentaflake - 2013-08-17

(2013-08-17, 06:59)el_cabong Wrote:
(2013-08-17, 06:26)pentaflake Wrote: On the Dark Theme, the Profile Name and Count text next to the Profile Icon is white text on white background. Updated from git just before this post.

i use the dark theme, and the background is grey, so the white text is readable. did you change the background picture or settings?

http://i.imgur.com/T48PtE8.png The background is grey ish but still hard to read, it should likely be black to match the clock

RE: Arctic - el_cabong - 2013-08-17

ah, you are using the simple layout, im using the panel layout, I agree with you, in that view the text should be black to match the clock.

RE: Arctic - anime513 - 2013-08-17

I recently installed Artic on the main family setup, which uses PsuedoTV all the time. Everything works great from the start except the info key. If I press "i", PseudoTV's info screen conflicts with Artic's. Would this be a simple fix?

RE: Arctic - Kokonutcreme - 2013-08-18

(2013-08-17, 20:37)pentaflake Wrote:
(2013-08-17, 06:59)el_cabong Wrote:
(2013-08-17, 06:26)pentaflake Wrote: On the Dark Theme, the Profile Name and Count text next to the Profile Icon is white text on white background. Updated from git just before this post.

i use the dark theme, and the background is grey, so the white text is readable. did you change the background picture or settings?

http://i.imgur.com/T48PtE8.png The background is grey ish but still hard to read, it should likely be black to match the clock

Agree, it's impossible to read the profile information from a distance when using the dark theme now.

RE: Arctic - pentaflake - 2013-08-18

Is there a way to bring back the Info Viewtype at least for use in addons (Advanced Launcher). It was the only one that would properly show all of the images for Consoles/Games in advanced launcher EDIT: without cropping issues or large black spaces.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-08-18

Sorry about that - I always forget to test changes with the dark theme. Should be fixed in latest git.

(2013-08-17, 09:10)Hetfiled Wrote: regarding the flickering mentioned, I have made a little video to show you the issue -> http://youtu.be/2bGIO4c7lpU

it appears on the left or at the bottom after some minutes during the browsing in the skin, it seems that
there is another image in background.

I use HDMI and the version is 0.3.0.
Thanks, now I can see what we are dealing with! Smile

Is your TV by any chance a plasma?
I know a lot of plasmas have problems with displaying very bright areas. Considering that the bottom half of the screen contains the most brightness, I have a feeling it might be related to the constant on screen brightness in that area. Have you tried with the dark colour theme or even the carbon ocean theme to see if it still occurs? ('Settings > Appearance > Skin > Colours')

(2013-08-17, 11:27)Azake Wrote: I have a question more related to XBMC in general.
If you have created movie sets and also movieset-fanart.jpg and movieset-poster.jpg, xbmc doesn't take these images. It just takes one poster out of the set of movies.
The nfo file can be just manipulated with <set>Name_of_the_collection</set> (e.g.: <set>The Bourne Collection</set>). This works of course to create moviesets but as I mentioned above xbmc doesn't take the movieset-poster.jpg instead it takes one of the other posters of the including movies in the movieset.
Is there a workaround ?
You will be surprised at how easy it is... Just go to the movie set and open the context menu ('C' on a keyboard). Go to 'Choose Art' then 'Poster' or 'Fanart' and then browse to your file.
Wink

(2013-08-17, 21:37)anime513 Wrote: I recently installed Artic on the main family setup, which uses PsuedoTV all the time. Everything works great from the start except the info key. If I press "i", PseudoTV's info screen conflicts with Artic's. Would this be a simple fix?
I'll have a look. I haven't used pseudoTV in a long time.

(2013-08-18, 02:33)pentaflake Wrote: Is there a way to bring back the Info Viewtype at least for use in addons (Advanced Launcher). It was the only one that would properly show all of the images for Consoles/Games in advanced launcher EDIT: without cropping issues or large black spaces.
Yeah I'm not sure even why I removed it in the first place as it is what I use with Rom Collection Browser. I think I wanted to rework it or something. Its back in for advanced launcher in the latest git (called "Big Info").

RE: Arctic - Azake - 2013-08-18

Thanks Jurial,
I know that method but let me say you have 100 sets do you really want to change 100 posters manually? Smile

Thanks anyway.
I'm glad seeing a big positive response to your own WIP Skin.
I am visiting everyday your thread.

---> Where is the goddamn donate button ? Big Grin

RE: Arctic - Kokonutcreme - 2013-08-18

(2013-08-18, 10:55)Azake Wrote: Thanks Jurial,
I know that method but let me say you have 100 sets do you really want to change 100 posters manually? Smile

Thanks anyway.
I'm glad seeing a big positive response to your own WIP Skin.
I am visiting everyday your thread.

---> Where is the goddamn donate button ? Big Grin

Read about this addon http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153502 I use it frequently to update movie set artwork particularly now that movie set logos are possible

RE: Arctic - Hetfiled - 2013-08-18

(2013-08-18, 04:10)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-17, 09:10)Hetfiled Wrote: regarding the flickering mentioned, I have made a little video to show you the issue -> http://youtu.be/2bGIO4c7lpU
I use HDMI and the version is 0.3.0.

Thanks, now I can see what we are dealing with! Smile
Is your TV by any chance a plasma?

Hello jurialmunkey
yes, i have a plasma tv..

but maybe the problem is due to the osd that doesn't fill up the screen
see image

could be? Smile

RE: Arctic - Cassiel - 2013-08-18

@jurialmunkey:
Any news regarding transifex? Would like to help translating missing strings to German Smile

Cheers,
Cassiel