Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - relyter - 2013-12-30

jurialmunkey, thank you very much for a great skin. Of course, i have feature request Smile. Would you please consider to place current weather info on home screen in simple mode. I mean on the white area at the bottom, on the opposite side of the time/date. I believe it would not clutter home screen. And the second one, could you add customization tile "music addons" similar to "video addons".

(2013-12-30, 06:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: @akya -- this is useful: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs
OK, managed already second one Smile

RE: Arctic - blondeshanks - 2013-12-30

Hi Jurial,

Is there any chance you could put something (like weather info) in the empty area temporarily, until you find something permanent - or maybe remove it if it's deemed obsolete? It's starting to bug me as it's ruining the asthetics over several of the menus.

Thanks, and have a happy new year!

RE: Arctic - datorkop85 - 2013-12-30

@jurialmunkey -- Just registered to say THANKS for this amazing skin.

Tried them all, but this one is beautiful and everything works great (on Frodo)

Thank you for your hard work!

RE: Arctic - JoostXBMC - 2013-12-30

(2013-12-27, 03:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-26, 13:10)Branphma Wrote: The new back panels are just awesome. Looks fantastic and the great improvement of readability on info list viewBig Grin
Great job on that one Jurial!

I'd like suggest that you replace the display of the year (below the movie title in info strip view and left to the genres in info list view) with the duration. Guess that would fit quite nicely plus there is additional info without further clutter
Thanks Smile

Usually I'm not one for repeating info but I do find the year useful when browsing movies using a view that displays quite a few items. It is useful when distinguishing between similar items -- for instance movies with remakes like Lolita or Total Recall, I can immediately tell which one is the original and which one the remake. Its also useful with sequels - say something like Rambo, Aliens or Star Wars, you can immediately see which one is the first one etc. Also with info strip/wall, the width of the label isn't really wide enough to display "110 minutes" -- I more just added the year because there was space for three lines of text and most titles only run over two lines. I think what might be a better idea is to have a condition for those views to put the duration down in the infotags where the year goes -- although I'm not a fan of info moving around either... I'll have to think a bit more about this one.

(2013-12-26, 14:27)ferent Wrote: Jurial will you add support for the new TvTunes? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178704
It should still work (it works on mine). Make sure its enabled in "Skin settings > addons". I pushed an update to git that should allow it to work for movie sets as well (it previously was set to only work for tvshows).

(2013-12-26, 16:24)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: Is it possible to add a windows icon to the default icons folder ?
If someone makes it for me I'll add it in. I'd rather spend my free time working on the skin than making icons. You can always add your own icons to the skin.arctic/extras/icons folder (that's where they are stored).

(2013-12-26, 17:55)Trickass Wrote: I use Ember MediaManager to manage my library.
However, when the movie is added to xbmc and index from a local .NFO file, the 'plot' is added in the database to column c02 instead of c01 for scraped movie plot. In the skin, only the content of column c01 is show.
c01 is the info label ListItem.Plot whereas c02 is ListItem.PlotOutline in the xbmc database -- I only use ListItem.Plot because with the standard xbmc scrapers it is nearly always filled whereas PlotOutline is often empty.

It seems there was a recent issue with Ember only filling the PlotOutline label and not the Plot label. Apparently it is fixed in the most recent versions -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176078

(2013-12-26, 18:30)drivesoslow Wrote: Is there a way to turn off the watched indicator?
Not currently. You can turn off the in-progress indicators, but not the indicators altogether. I'll add an option eventually.

(2013-12-26, 20:10)unspeakable_x Wrote: You are right, clearart and diskart is not available most of the time, so it would not make much sense for a consistent view. Sometimes I just really like the clearart a lot, so would it be a good idea to just rename the clearart.png to logo.png to get the clearart displayed on certain movies/shows with Arctic?
You can do this but you would have to rescan with Artwork Downloader in local files mode to put them into the library.

You can also choose the art to use manually in the skin. Goto the movie/tvshow you want to change > Click info on your remote > Goto "Choose Art" > then select the "Choose Art" option from the slideout menu. You will then see all the different artwork types that particular item has. Choose the clearlogo one. You should then have three options which are from left: current art, no art and browse (the folder icon). Click "browse" then choose *Item folder and you can select the clearart from the folder to replace the clearlogo.

(2013-12-26, 20:33)protocol77 Wrote: would it be possible to add some sort of right list view I am currently using Classic Poster for Shows and Panel list for episodes but cannot find a suitable view for Season Level
Do you mean like "info list"?? That's a right list view.

I always find seasons tricky to make views for. I'm going to be adding a specific view to banner list for seasons that shows the poster instead of fanart and season based info instead of plot.

Personally I use wide banner for my seasons with season specific banners -- a lot of shows don't have them so I just make my own by adding some big text to the banner art that says "Season One" etc. -- its a bit of a pain, but IMO banners are by far the best type of artwork for seasons and its a real shame that more of them aren't made.

(2013-12-26, 23:17)Smobbo Wrote: JM, I just noticed that the clock in panel view disappears when you're browsing in the widget.
In simple view the clock stays present, which I find very handy ('do I have time for 1 more show? Let's see what time it is...')
Could you perhaps reposition the clock to the upper right corner?

EDIT: I think I just noticed a small bug, in panel view without the backdrop it doesn't show unwatched for shows that aren't selected. When you enable the new backdrop it does show them. It used to always show the unwatched number (which is very convenient!).
Yeah can't really move it anywhere else. Top right is used by now playing, volume etc. -- also dont want it moving around the screen - the fundamental principle with the skin was keeping the surrounding "furniture" consistent -- i.e. info tags, logo and clock at the bottom and view header and now playing/tv next aired at the top. I know its a little annoying but I don't think its too hard to quickly press up to check the time then back down onto the widget.

Fixed the panel view in latest git (will be in repo in a few days time once I've finished a couple of other things).

(2013-12-27, 01:32)JoostXBMC Wrote: Love the skin so far, just installed it... Love the audio osd options!

Feedback so far, a more populated home-screen, very much empty space witch would be lovely to be filled (user option then)
Also when brownings in file mode, more viewtypes would be lovely! Standard confluence media-info viewtype for example...

Just amazing this skin!!
Thanks Big Grin

With a widget open on simple home and now playing info at the top of the screen the space is pretty much filled.
You should be able to use info list/wall and thumbnail in files mode. The problem with files mode is there isn't a whole deal of info to use to do anything with if the item isn't scanned to the library. Also, anything that you add as a source will have the same views available in files mode as it does in library mode (e.g. if you add something as a movie source you should be able to browse that directory with the exact same views as in movies library).

(2013-12-27, 03:04)Lukas Wrote: b) are there plans to implement playlist on start-up later on (maybe a nice-to have feature for just a few users, I know) and if yes; will it be possible to execute the playlist before loading the homescreen?

I had never really thought about this. Definitely will add an option to play a video on startup as I can see a lot of uses for it. Would that suffice or do you need an actual playlist to run? Shouldn't be that much more difficult to add, but will start testing with just a video for starters... edit: actually, I think the code would be the same

For file browsing a different viewtype is not nessecery... Much Addons work in file mode though. The mediainfo viewtype would be perfect.. I have made some mods here, looks terible haha... When i maken progress i can post something...

(2013-12-30, 19:39)JoostXBMC Wrote:
(2013-12-27, 03:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [quote='Branphma' pid='1582256' dateline='1388056218']
The new back panels are just awesome. Looks fantastic and the great improvement of readability on info list viewBig Grin
Great job on that one Jurial!

I'd like suggest that you replace the display of the year (below the movie title in info strip view and left to the genres in info list view) with the duration. Guess that would fit quite nicely plus there is additional info without further clutter
Thanks Smile

Usually I'm not one for repeating info but I do find the year useful when browsing movies using a view that displays quite a few items. It is useful when distinguishing between similar items -- for instance movies with remakes like Lolita or Total Recall, I can immediately tell which one is the original and which one the remake. Its also useful with sequels - say something like Rambo, Aliens or Star Wars, you can immediately see which one is the first one etc. Also with info strip/wall, the width of the label isn't really wide enough to display "110 minutes" -- I more just added the year because there was space for three lines of text and most titles only run over two lines. I think what might be a better idea is to have a condition for those views to put the duration down in the infotags where the year goes -- although I'm not a fan of info moving around either... I'll have to think a bit more about this one.

(2013-12-26, 14:27)ferent Wrote: Jurial will you add support for the new TvTunes? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178704
It should still work (it works on mine). Make sure its enabled in "Skin settings > addons". I pushed an update to git that should allow it to work for movie sets as well (it previously was set to only work for tvshows).

(2013-12-26, 16:24)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: Is it possible to add a windows icon to the default icons folder ?
If someone makes it for me I'll add it in. I'd rather spend my free time working on the skin than making icons. You can always add your own icons to the skin.arctic/extras/icons folder (that's where they are stored).

(2013-12-26, 17:55)Trickass Wrote: I use Ember MediaManager to manage my library.
However, when the movie is added to xbmc and index from a local .NFO file, the 'plot' is added in the database to column c02 instead of c01 for scraped movie plot. In the skin, only the content of column c01 is show.
c01 is the info label ListItem.Plot whereas c02 is ListItem.PlotOutline in the xbmc database -- I only use ListItem.Plot because with the standard xbmc scrapers it is nearly always filled whereas PlotOutline is often empty.

It seems there was a recent issue with Ember only filling the PlotOutline label and not the Plot label. Apparently it is fixed in the most recent versions -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176078

(2013-12-26, 18:30)drivesoslow Wrote: Is there a way to turn off the watched indicator?
Not currently. You can turn off the in-progress indicators, but not the indicators altogether. I'll add an option eventually.

(2013-12-26, 20:10)unspeakable_x Wrote: You are right, clearart and diskart is not available most of the time, so it would not make much sense for a consistent view. Sometimes I just really like the clearart a lot, so would it be a good idea to just rename the clearart.png to logo.png to get the clearart displayed on certain movies/shows with Arctic?
You can do this but you would have to rescan with Artwork Downloader in local files mode to put them into the library.

You can also choose the art to use manually in the skin. Goto the movie/tvshow you want to change > Click info on your remote > Goto "Choose Art" > then select the "Choose Art" option from the slideout menu. You will then see all the different artwork types that particular item has. Choose the clearlogo one. You should then have three options which are from left: current art, no art and browse (the folder icon). Click "browse" then choose *Item folder and you can select the clearart from the folder to replace the clearlogo.

(2013-12-26, 20:33)protocol77 Wrote: would it be possible to add some sort of right list view I am currently using Classic Poster for Shows and Panel list for episodes but cannot find a suitable view for Season Level
Do you mean like "info list"?? That's a right list view.

I always find seasons tricky to make views for. I'm going to be adding a specific view to banner list for seasons that shows the poster instead of fanart and season based info instead of plot.

Personally I use wide banner for my seasons with season specific banners -- a lot of shows don't have them so I just make my own by adding some big text to the banner art that says "Season One" etc. -- its a bit of a pain, but IMO banners are by far the best type of artwork for seasons and its a real shame that more of them aren't made.

(2013-12-26, 23:17)Smobbo Wrote: JM, I just noticed that the clock in panel view disappears when you're browsing in the widget.
In simple view the clock stays present, which I find very handy ('do I have time for 1 more show? Let's see what time it is...')
Could you perhaps reposition the clock to the upper right corner?

EDIT: I think I just noticed a small bug, in panel view without the backdrop it doesn't show unwatched for shows that aren't selected. When you enable the new backdrop it does show them. It used to always show the unwatched number (which is very convenient!).
Yeah can't really move it anywhere else. Top right is used by now playing, volume etc. -- also dont want it moving around the screen - the fundamental principle with the skin was keeping the surrounding "furniture" consistent -- i.e. info tags, logo and clock at the bottom and view header and now playing/tv next aired at the top. I know its a little annoying but I don't think its too hard to quickly press up to check the time then back down onto the widget.

Fixed the panel view in latest git (will be in repo in a few days time once I've finished a couple of other things).

(2013-12-27, 01:32)JoostXBMC Wrote: Love the skin so far, just installed it... Love the audio osd options!

Feedback so far, a more populated home-screen, very much empty space witch would be lovely to be filled (user option then)
Also when brownings in file mode, more viewtypes would be lovely! Standard confluence media-info viewtype for example...

Just amazing this skin!!
Thanks Big Grin

With a widget open on simple home and now playing info at the top of the screen the space is pretty much filled.
You should be able to use info list/wall and thumbnail in files mode. The problem with files mode is there isn't a whole deal of info to use to do anything with if the item isn't scanned to the library. Also, anything that you add as a source will have the same views available in files mode as it does in library mode (e.g. if you add something as a movie source you should be able to browse that directory with the exact same views as in movies library).

(2013-12-27, 03:04)Lukas Wrote: b) are there plans to implement playlist on start-up later on (maybe a nice-to have feature for just a few users, I know) and if yes; will it be possible to execute the playlist before loading the homescreen?

I had never really thought about this. Definitely will add an option to play a video on startup as I can see a lot of uses for it. Would that suffice or do you need an actual playlist to run? Shouldn't be that much more difficult to add, but will start testing with just a video for starters... edit: actually, I think the code would be the same

For file browsing a different viewtype is not nessecery... Much Addons work in file mode though. The mediainfo viewtype would be perfect.. I have made some mods here, looks terible haha... When i maken progress i can post something...a big album cover with desciption om the left and the content/songs in the right...

what i have not done is track nrs instead of album cover left to each song, switch duratiuon and rating and adding album name in text... can upload something whem someone also likes it....

perfect skin jurial!

RE: Arctic - Trickass - 2013-12-31

(2013-12-27, 03:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Thank you JM!
I had no idea it was due to EMM, and not something within the skin/xbmc.
EMM fix was indeed the way to go Smile

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-31

(2013-12-30, 14:08)relyter Wrote: Would you please consider to place current weather info on home screen in simple mode. I mean on the white area at the bottom, on the opposite side of the time/date. I believe it would not clutter home screen.
That's currently the profile info section, but the ability to show weather info there is coming soon (been meaning to do it for a while, just not got around to it yet) Wink

(2013-12-30, 14:11)blondeshanks Wrote: Is there any chance you could put something (like weather info) in the empty area temporarily, until you find something permanent - or maybe remove it if it's deemed obsolete? It's starting to bug me as it's ruining the asthetics over several of the menus.

Thats the space for the slideshow, it just looks like you have no path to a slideshow set. :p

If you go to configure/manage custom home items. Click the category item with the system info widget, go to widgets, select the system info widget again - then you should get a pop-up dialog asking if you want to either set or clear the slideshow. Choose slideshow and you get a file browser dialog to set the path to the folder of images you want to use for the slideshow. OR if you choose clear it will remove that section completely and shift the system info over to the left into the empty space.

(2013-12-30, 17:00)datorkop85 Wrote: @jurialmunkey -- Just registered to say THANKS for this amazing skin.
Thanks! Glad you like it. Smile

(2013-12-30, 21:13)JoostXBMC Wrote: For file browsing a different viewtype is not nessecery... Much Addons work in file mode though. The mediainfo viewtype would be perfect.. I have made some mods here, looks terible haha... When i maken progress i can post something...

what i have not done is track nrs instead of album cover left to each song, switch duratiuon and rating and adding album name in text... can upload something whem someone also likes it....
The info list view should already be available for both addons and video files. If its not available for an addon then can you please tell me which one so I can fix it.

From your picture, it looks like you want the songs version of infolist for music files. Check the latest git because it is in there.

(2013-12-31, 00:08)Trickass Wrote: Thank you JM!
No problem. It seemed strange that Ember would only fill the PlotOutline spot as not many skins actually even use that because it is often empty.

RE: Arctic - Lukas - 2013-12-31

Sorry for the delay. Me and my girl are moving in together, apprtament hunting takes time. Smile This on top of the season ofcourse. Smile

(2013-12-28, 07:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: Its now in the latest git, seems to work pretty well -- haven't tested with a playlist (only a single video) but I imagine it shouldn't be any different.
(Skin Settings > Addons > Enable Playlist at Startup)

Wow, thank you, that was blazingfast. I'll test it now.
(2013-12-29, 10:31)mikkelnl Wrote: Just curious: Lukas, how do you use this feature? Could you explain your setup? I imagine XBMC starts and immediately starts a video? I wonder why you'd want this, again: just curious, maybe I'll get some ideas Smile
What I *would* love: instead of background wallpapers, be able to set a video file as 'wallpaper', and then use a small video file / loop to have shown as background... Probably will take a bit system power... Smile
Well, I'm kind of a show-off probably, but I recently got a Philips Hue starterset and a Hue ledstrip. I have the ledstrip setup as ambilight with xbmc.hue.ambilight but it only reacts to video. So in order to wow any audience I play a short 1080p/5.1 Dolby trailer (video makes all the lights dim and the ledstrip light up in most prominent color in the video); you notice the tv, you notice the lights dim, and you notice the surround sound and thus the soundsystem. Aside from that my xbmc is always on. I only restart it when I'm showing it to someone. This is getting off-topic, so if you need any other info feel free to PM me. :-)

As for your video-as-backgrouond idea: it would be a cool option to have, but indeed would contantly eat resources. My htpc is kind of squeezed in a tight spot (room on the sides, but no room top & bottom), I appreciate it cooling off when idle. I don't know what looping a video would do to heat or power consumption

(2013-12-28, 07:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: Its now in the latest git, seems to work pretty well -- haven't tested with a playlist (only a single video) but I imagine it shouldn't be any different.
(Skin Settings > Addons > Enable Playlist at Startup)

I don't see that option. Image

I think something might have gone wrong with updating. I'm seeing some weird stuff with lists en fade in/outs.

I'm going to try to reinstall the skin from scratch with the latest git version.

Grtz

Lukas

(I wanted to edit, but I get an error that I linked 7 images to the post, weird)

After reinstall the playlist/videofile on start up works perfectly! Thank you so much!
I'm still seeing that weird stuff on lists tho'

Grtz

Lukas

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-12-31

@Lukas -- glad the playlist is working properly.
re: the problem with lists -- that sort of thing happens when there is no background image (sort of like using a noclip cheat in a 3d game and going through a wall...). So my guess is you are either missing a background image (you set one then changed the file name for instance) or the image was corrupted or has transparency etc. Re-setting your background images would be my guess (Manage custom home items > click category > backgrounds). Also check that skin.arctic/media/arctic/common/nofanart.png exists (perhaps it was corrupted on download or something).

(2013-12-31, 04:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Lukas -- glad the playlist is working properly.
re: the problem with lists -- that sort of thing happens when there is no background image (sort of like using a noclip cheat in a 3d game and going through a wall...). So my guess is you are either missing a background image (you set one then changed the file name for instance) or the image was corrupted or has transparency etc. Re-setting your background images would be my guess (Manage custom home items > click category > backgrounds). Also check that skin.arctic/media/arctic/common/nofanart.png exists (perhaps it was corrupted on download or something).

Yes! Great, it's fixed. It was my favourites background that was missing. Thank you for the tip.

Grtz

Lukas

RE: Arctic - JoostXBMC - 2013-12-31

(2013-12-31, 01:35)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-30, 14:08)relyter Wrote: Would you please consider to place current weather info on home screen in simple mode. I mean on the white area at the bottom, on the opposite side of the time/date. I believe it would not clutter home screen.
That's currently the profile info section, but the ability to show weather info there is coming soon (been meaning to do it for a while, just not got around to it yet) Wink

(2013-12-30, 14:11)blondeshanks Wrote: Is there any chance you could put something (like weather info) in the empty area temporarily, until you find something permanent - or maybe remove it if it's deemed obsolete? It's starting to bug me as it's ruining the asthetics over several of the menus.

Thats the space for the slideshow, it just looks like you have no path to a slideshow set. :p

If you go to configure/manage custom home items. Click the category item with the system info widget, go to widgets, select the system info widget again - then you should get a pop-up dialog asking if you want to either set or clear the slideshow. Choose slideshow and you get a file browser dialog to set the path to the folder of images you want to use for the slideshow. OR if you choose clear it will remove that section completely and shift the system info over to the left into the empty space.

(2013-12-30, 17:00)datorkop85 Wrote: @jurialmunkey -- Just registered to say THANKS for this amazing skin.
Thanks! Glad you like it. Smile

(2013-12-30, 21:13)JoostXBMC Wrote: For file browsing a different viewtype is not nessecery... Much Addons work in file mode though. The mediainfo viewtype would be perfect.. I have made some mods here, looks terible haha... When i maken progress i can post something...

The info list view should already be available for both addons and video files. If its not available for an addon then can you please tell me which one so I can fix it.

From your picture, it looks like you want the songs version of infolist for music files. Check the latest git because it is in there.

(2013-12-31, 00:08)Trickass Wrote: Thank you JM!
No problem. It seemed strange that Ember would only fill the PlotOutline spot as not many skins actually even use that because it is often empty.

The subsonic plug-in for example... Cheers...

RE: Arctic - GoogleRocks! - 2013-12-31

Hi Juriel, Love this skin. Using it on 3 setups in the house.

FYI, there are a few errors showing up in the logs - quite repetitively:

25:56 T:9780 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Users\Gordon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.arctic\media\arctic\overlay\ (e.g. 100's of times) and occurs while scrolling through Movies in Info Strip view, whether Back Panel is enabled or not.

25:27 T:9780 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/extras/audioflags/defaultscreen.png (quite frequently and the file doesn't exist on all 3 installs)

24:31 T:9780 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/extras/studioflags/Warner Bros.png (There's a typo in the local file name: Warner Bros..png) however in addition, there seems to be quite a few other smaller studios missing as well.

I'm running Frodo 12.3 with the current Git - 0.6.2 but it's been an issue in previous Arctic versions as well.

RE: Arctic - Scottland - 2013-12-31

Hi,

Are the colours/schemes/xml for the EPG available to edit anywhere? I personally find black on white a little hard to see, but white on black is much easier for me to read from a distance. So was going to have a play with changing the colours/textures if I can?