Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - Cassiel - 2013-08-18

Found another bug regarding the backgrounds coming with the skin. 01.jpg and 02.jpg are not JPEG files but PNG with wrong file extension. The files are to big too. I've converted them to 1080p JPEG which should save memory and space.

ncc-1701: ~/Desktop/skin.arctic/extras/backgrounds
→ file 01.jpg 02.jpg
01.jpg: PNG image data, 1920 x 1080, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced
02.jpg: PNG image data, 2560 x 1600, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced

New backgrounds:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30382/backgrounds.zip

RE: Arctic - pentaflake - 2013-08-18

(2013-08-18, 04:10)jurialmunkey Wrote: Sorry about that - I always forget to test changes with the dark theme. Should be fixed in latest git.

Yeah I'm not sure even why I removed it in the first place as it is what I use with Rom Collection Browser. I think I wanted to rework it or something. Its back in for advanced launcher in the latest git (called "Big Info").

Awesome Thank you again for making this awesome skin Big Grin

RE: Arctic - nozomi - 2013-08-18

Hi, I've got a question about media flags: is it possible to add a "remux" flag somehow? I have a lot of blu-ray remuxes and would like to easily find them in library mode, i.e. distinguish them from the blu-ray/hd-dvd encodes.

Thanks for an amazing skin!

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-08-19

Jurial, I'm curious, in the info screen where you have:

Title
Channel and Genre info (with) Next: (Show Title) (Time) [Is there a way to move "Next" to the next line below?]
Next: (Show Title) (Time) <--- Example

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-08-20

(2013-08-18, 14:02)Hetfiled Wrote: Hello jurialmunkey
yes, i have a plasma tv..

but maybe the problem is due to the osd that doesn't fill up the screen
see image
All my backgrounds and fanart etc. are set to scale to 1920x1080 with xy coordinates of 0,0 - so any issues like that are either with xbmc itself or the calibration of your screen's overscan. You can change xbmc's screen calibration in 'Settings > System > Video output > Video calibration...'

(2013-08-18, 15:18)Cassiel Wrote: @jurialmunkey:
Any news regarding transifex? Would like to help translating missing strings to German Smile
Yeah I've been meaning to do this, just been a little busy lately as I just started a new job. Hopefully, I will be able to get it up this week. That will be amazing if you can help with translations! Smile
Also, thanks for converting the backgrounds. I completely forgot that I had done that (just switched the file names rather than convert them... talk about lazy hahaha). I'll replace the ones on git after work tonight.

(2013-08-18, 20:05)nozomi Wrote: Hi, I've got a question about media flags: is it possible to add a "remux" flag somehow? I have a lot of blu-ray remuxes and would like to easily find them in library mode, i.e. distinguish them from the blu-ray/hd-dvd encodes.
Yeah, I'm not sure. What video codec flag shows for them currently?

(2013-08-19, 04:43)hoopsdavis Wrote: [Is there a way to move "Next" to the next line below?]
Yeah, I'm still messing around with the TV onscreen info as I'm not completely happy with it (particularly where the "next" bit goes.) I'll have a play around with it later in the week when I have some time.

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-08-20

(2013-08-19, 04:43)hoopsdavis Wrote: [Is there a way to move "Next" to the next line below?]
(2013-08-20, 00:47)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yeah, I'm still messing around with the TV onscreen info as I'm not completely happy with it (particularly where the "next" bit goes.) I'll have a play around with it later in the week when I have some time.

Sounds good to me. One other thing I notice, when you bring up the info the logos cover the "Play" Not sure if you noticed it.

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-08-20

Its quiet here today.

anyone having issues with recorded tv shows not having info showing?

RE: Arctic - deletedpenguin - 2013-08-20

^ Recorded shows don't appear to be showing up, now that you mention it.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-08-21

(2013-08-20, 20:51)hoopsdavis Wrote: Its quiet here today.

If you mean whilst it is playing, then I'm not sure if its even possible (checked quickly in both aeon nox and confluence and neither show info for recorded tv in the osd as far as I can tell - if you know of a skin that does show the info can you tell me so I can have a look?). If you mean in the pvr section when choosing a recorded show to watch, then that is strange, because I can see info for my recorded shows.

RE: Arctic - Tripp - 2013-08-21

I really like this theme but there is very little offered for the music now playing OSD. No player controls (stop, play, Next track) and the "I" isn't always accurate on what is currently playing.

Maybe I'm not seeing an option. I'd also like to see the lyrics for the song playing, how do you pull that up?

RE: Arctic - deletedpenguin - 2013-08-21

(2013-08-21, 02:22)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-20, 20:51)hoopsdavis Wrote: Its quiet here today.

If you mean whilst it is playing, then I'm not sure if its even possible (checked quickly in both aeon nox and confluence and neither show info for recorded tv in the osd as far as I can tell - if you know of a skin that does show the info can you tell me so I can have a look?). If you mean in the pvr section when choosing a recorded show to watch, then that is strange, because I can see info for my recorded shows.

I think it varies between PVR addons, but with NextPVR (which is what I use) you have to refresh the view by navigating to the recordings screen, and selecting it a second time. It works this way in Aeon Nox, but doesn't appear to have the same effect in Arctic. Will keep playing around to see if a refresh is triggered in another way.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2013-08-21

(2013-08-21, 02:48)Tripp Wrote: I really like this theme but there is very little offered for the music now playing OSD. No player controls (stop, play, Next track) and the "I" isn't always accurate on what is currently playing.

Maybe I'm not seeing an option. I'd also like to see the lyrics for the song playing, how do you pull that up?

Pressing "info" doesn't open the osd controls, you need to press whatever is mapped to "osd" in your keymap (the keyboard default is "m") - both confluence and aeon nox operate the same way so I take this as the default expected behaviour (i.e. controls show when pressing "osd" and info shows when pressing "info"). There's plenty of controls in the osd -- from left to right: playlist, shuffle, repeat, back, rewind, pause, stop, fast forward, next, lyrics (its the one that looks like a microphone), then music visualisation options.

For lyrics, you might have to set up what lyrics plugin you are using in "Settings > Skin > Add-ons > Songtext addon". Then turn them on with the microphone icon in the osd controls.

The music info displays the Album description followed by the Artist description using built-in xbmc info labels. Inaccuracy in the info is related to whatever scraper you use for your library info - its simply whatever the info is in your library for that track, there's nothing fancy going on.

(2013-08-21, 04:13)deletedpenguin Wrote: I think it varies between PVR addons, but with NextPVR (which is what I use) you have to refresh the view by navigating to the recordings screen, and selecting it a second time. It works this way in Aeon Nox, but doesn't appear to have the same effect in Arctic. Will keep playing around to see if a refresh is triggered in another way.

Ah I see. I use Tvheadend and have never had that problem. I'll have a look at the Aeon Nox code when I get a chance to see if I can see what is done differently.

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2013-08-21

[Resolved] Just noticed something, if a show is on and I select it to start recording now, nothing happens.

Not sure what was going on but my Recorded TV folder stop sharing.

RE: Arctic - strange behaviour - GaiusOmnibus - 2013-08-21

I am tryin out arctic at the moment and stumbled about something strange.

Usualy i enter my music directory about artist in wall view, then Big cover on the albums and Low list for the single album.
Sometimes when i leave the view with the albums of an artist i end up in a big list view containing either only the last used or all artists(seems random) now i have to go up in the tree (choose artist, album etc , the point were i can choose what i wanna see as standard view) when i enter artist again everything is back to normal.

Does anyone know whats wrong?

Greetings Omni

RE: Arctic - Tripp - 2013-08-22

(2013-08-21, 04:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: Pressing "info" doesn't open the osd controls, you need to press whatever is mapped to "osd" in your keymap (the keyboard default is "m") - both confluence and aeon nox operate the same way so I take this as the default expected behaviour (i.e. controls show when pressing "osd" and info shows when pressing "info"). There's plenty of controls in the osd -- from left to right: playlist, shuffle, repeat, back, rewind, pause, stop, fast forward, next, lyrics (its the one that looks like a microphone), then music visualisation options.

Yes, I have pressed "m". I get a white box that pops up with options like "System info, recently added, quick Nav, Now Playing and settings." Now Playing shows the next songs in the list and underneath the box to the right are "some" player controls: Previous, rewind, stop, pause, fast forward, next and playlist. When I press "M" now playing isn't even the default. That is the only OSD options I see. And as I said, the "info" doesn't work as it doesn't give any information about the option and doesn't change when the track changes.

I did choose a lyric add on. But I dont have an option to show lyrics in the OSD controls.

I love the rest of the theme especially in the video modes. But the music is either too limited or missing features.

EDIT: OMG, I'm so sorry. Apparently I wasn't waiting for the screensaver to kick in when it will go into screensaver mode and the full screen takes effect. I get it now. Anyway to force this screen to appear without waiting the designated minutes?