Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - jdoo - 2014-01-19

Also, the next aired widget seems to do nothing for me, is this a known bug at this point? I'm using gotham alpha9.

Thanks

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2014-01-19

(2014-01-19, 18:34)jdoo Wrote: First, thanks for your work on this skin, it is looking very nice!! I know you are still working on this so I wont post a modded xml file, but please consider modifying your 'Thumbnail' view in movies & tv shows to allow for different size of poster size.

For example, with a little hacking I am using a Thumbnail view screen like this:
I also changed zoom animation to start at 100 and end at 150 which I think looks better but obviously just personal opinion Smile
The Thumbnail view is supposed to have an option to disable "show labels" (you can see it in the view options for thumbnail). I just haven't got around to adding it in yet. That will remove the labels to make room for an extra row. I use the selection rectangle instead of zooming the poster because it looks weird if you have the back panel or the text labels enabled and I'm trying to maintain some degree of consistency to my design rules between views.

Also if you want bigger posters, why not just use the wall view? You can always disable the info pop-up in the view options if you prefer no info like the thumbs view.

(2014-01-19, 18:36)pettson3816 Wrote: Are there any plans to make an optional dark panel for the main menu? Thanks for this awesome skin.

By the way. Can't figure out how to see my latest added movies in the main menu, i know it has worked before, but now it's just blank. Tried to uninstall reinstall skin widget. Tried to reboot fomputer. Tried to enable/disable everything in skin widget settings with no success. Strangely the widget stuff works in Aeon MQ5.
Maybe. It could be interesting but would be a bit of work. I might have a play around with using just a dark panel, but even if I like it, it will be a while off because of the work involved in making the change (for instance, have to go through and make conditions for every piece of text in every widget to use light colours -- weather is the biggest pain).

Re: widgets. Have you tried actually re-adding the relevant widget to the home screen from "manage custom home items" in the skin settings? Also, do other widgets like spotlight work or are they all blank?

(2014-01-19, 18:37)jdoo Wrote: Also, the next aired widget seems to do nothing for me, is this a known bug at this point? I'm using gotham alpha9.
Thanks
Go to TV Show Next Aired Settings (Addons > Programs) and make sure "Show all tv shows for home screen" is enabled and the press ok. You might have to restart xbmc.

Also, I recommend moving to the nightlies or at least a newer alpha (latest monthly was 11). Its my understanding that Gotham is pretty much in feature freeze now so the nightlies should just be bug-fixes from here on in.

RE: Arctic - Kokonutcreme - 2014-01-19

Jurial

Installed 0.65 last night and like the options to display codec or aspect ratio flags.

Is there a chance you could include a logoff option in power button menu or shutdown side panel as I'm using profiles and its quicker than restarting XBMC to switch.

Thanks again for all your work and also the tip about Video extras addon, wokrs like a charm.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2014-01-19

(2014-01-19, 23:16)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Installed 0.65 last night and like the options to display codec or aspect ratio flags.

Is there a chance you could include a logoff option in power button menu or shutdown side panel as I'm using profiles and its quicker than restarting XBMC to switch.
Yeah I wanted to have all the flags displayed but it just looked cluttered no matter what I did so I figure next best is to have an option to select what they are. I will add a logoff option to the side panel - I'm going to make the power button menu customisable soon so no point adding it there at the moment.

RE: Arctic - GoogleRocks! - 2014-01-20

Nicely done for the Codec's options and the Weather info on the Home screen too. Did you consider an animation option for the Codec's, flipping (e.g. not scrolling but rotating) between both sets every 2/3 seconds perhaps? Cool visual and having the best of both, if it could be done sometime.

I'm running Gotham Nightly now and so far so good! Will take a while to check it all thoroughly and will let you know how I make out.

I have the LiveTV enabled and I've been wondering how I could disable the diffuse on the background overlay when this video mode is active. Can you point me to how I could mod this myself?

Peace.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2014-01-20

@GoogleRocks! -- I've tried having animation sort of things like that before and it seems good initially but after using it for a while becomes really distracting and annoying. The less things that move around the better I have found.

For having the video with no fade all you have to do is edit Includes_WindowContents.xml -- There is a videowindow control from lines 33 to 36 - The next two controls are the fades so you just need to move it down to be in front of them.
Move this part down to line 54
Code:
<control type="videowindow">
        <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(BackgroundVideo) + Player.HasVideo</visible>
</control>

RE: Arctic - GoogleRocks! - 2014-01-20

Perfect, thanks. Did the trick. Now I can take advantage of some of the other Skin Colour options. Love Dark though.

Little bug in the PVR front end. On both the TV Channel and EPG listings pages, 4-digit channel numbers are often truncated do to differences in pixel depth relative to each other / each number. For example, "1251" displays fine, however "1250" or "1258" get cut-off at "10..." . Satellite HD channels here occupy the 4-digit channel range.

- Also, can you stop the EPG from going back in time please. (Confuses me! lol) It shouldn't move backwards from the "current" broadcast time block.

RE: Arctic - jdoo - 2014-01-20

Jurialmonkey,
Thank you for the reply, you are correct I should have modified the wall view instead, this is my first time looking at skin files so I really have no idea what I am doing. Smile

In any case, please consider creating an option or new default for wall view to allow for a lot of titles on one page. In my example I had 27 items on the screen which helps a lot with limiting the scrolling you have to do with large collections.

Thank you!

RE: Arctic - AlexKruidenberg - 2014-01-20

Hello jurialmunkey!

I have an question for you:
When do you update the language files from Transifex? The dutch file from Transifex is updated the 7th of januari. But on github its more than a month old!
Hopefully you update the files soon!

Cheers,

Alex Kruidenberg

RE: Arctic - GoogleRocks! - 2014-01-21

EDIT: Just realized I had a "moment". Script I meant to refer to is MetadataActors, obviously and wrong forum too! I'll repost, just because. Lol.

Gotham Nightly, Alpha 14 | Windows 8.1 64 bit | Skin Arctic v0.6.5 (Current Git)

Is anyone else having this issue? Using the script, when doing an Actors search from left menu (View Types in Arctic) the screen freezes and XBMC hangs while still on the Search Text Input screen.

...from the Log File
13:50:19 T:8652 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:50:19 T:8652 NOTICE: Service: 14064 actors took 0.16500020027160645
13:51:26 T:11100 NOTICE: WakeOnAccess [192.168.0.19] trigged by accessing : MySQL : MyMusic44
13:51:26 T:9240 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:51:26 T:11100 NOTICE: WakeOnAccess success exit, server already running
13:51:26 T:9240 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:51:27 T:11772 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(44, C:\Users\Gordon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\screensaver.xbmc.slideshow\default.p​y): failed to run the gc to clean up after running prior to shutting down the Interpreter
13:51:27 T:11772 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(44, C:\Users\Gordon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\screensaver.xbmc.slideshow\default.p​y): the python script "C:\Users\Gordon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\screensaver.xbmc.slideshow\default.p​y" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class PythonBindings::XBMCAddon_xbmcgui_WindowXMLDialog_Director,class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Window,class PythonBindings::XBMCAddon_xbmc_Monitor_Director
13:51:41 T:9500 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
13:51:41 T:11752 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:51:41 T:11752 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:51:41 T:2656 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:51:42 T:2656 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:51:42 T:5224 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:51:42 T:5224 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:52:32 T:668 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:52:32 T:668 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:52:33 T:9500 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
13:52:42 T:9500 ERROR: Control 3 in window 12000 has been asked to focus, but it can't

@ EOF - This is where XBMC crashes.

I had edited the script based on Wanilton's post ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160558&pid=1561326#pid1561326 ) (Thanks!) so the paths for Gotham are good and the script seems to work fine otherwise. You'll notice too that Python also throws an error with XBMC's built-in Sceensaver Slideshow, which I doubt is related. I think it is a Skin related issue related to Control Types, however looking into that script (screensaver.xbmc.slideshow) a little suggests there might be an issue with an external import call to a file that I can't find in the Python directory - "utils", but there is "util.py" script. I'll have to post that possible bug in the main support thread - UNLESS of course someone here knows better! I haven't written much code in years and never using the Python scripting langauage anyway.

Peace.

Note: Cross-posted to [RELEASE] script.extendedinfo for visibility. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160558&page=13

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2014-01-21

(2014-01-20, 04:43)GoogleRocks! Wrote: Little bug in the PVR front end. On both the TV Channel and EPG listings pages, 4-digit channel numbers are often truncated do to differences in pixel depth relative to each other / each number. For example, "1251" displays fine, however "1250" or "1258" get cut-off at "10..." . Satellite HD channels here occupy the 4-digit channel range.

- Also, can you stop the EPG from going back in time please. (Confuses me! lol) It shouldn't move backwards from the "current" broadcast time block.
Been meaning to fix the channel numbers, just haven't done it yet.

The epg thing is a Gotham xbmc addition and imho is a really really stupid one where I can't really see the logic behind it. Can't do much about it unfortunately. I really hope there is an option to disable it by final release because I hate it too and am almost considering going back to Frodo until there is an option to disable it.

(2014-01-20, 17:30)AlexKruidenberg Wrote: I have an question for you:
When do you update the language files from Transifex? The dutch file from Transifex is updated the 7th of januari. But on github its more than a month old!
Hopefully you update the files soon!
Its not a very quick process unfortunately because I don't have any direct control over it. The translations get changed on transifex, then reviewed by the translation team and then sent to a git repo which I then do a pull from. So I have to wait for the translation git repo to be updated before I can update myself. The last time the translation repo was updated was the 27th of December so it wont have those changes yet. Its usually every 3 to 4 weeks it gets an update so there will probably be an update soonish.

RE: Arctic - deletedpenguin - 2014-01-21

I'm really liking the updates to the skin jurialmonkey, nice work. Two quick questions:

1. I can't for the life of me find the power menu. Where has this moved to?
2. I like the weather in the lower left corner. Would it be possible to make this clickable and have it navigate to the full weather screen? Just a thought.

Thanks!

RE: Arctic - GoogleRocks! - 2014-01-21

(2014-01-21, 00:57)deletedpenguin Wrote: I'm really liking the updates to the skin jurialmonkey, nice work. Two quick questions:

Thanks!

Navigate over to the far right side of the Main Category menu bar to the last icon on the right (Circle) and select it (or you could also hit the down arrow too). It will open up the familar Power/Configuration menu at the bottom of your screen.

RE: Arctic - deletedpenguin - 2014-01-21

(2014-01-21, 01:13)GoogleRocks! Wrote:
(2014-01-21, 00:57)deletedpenguin Wrote: I'm really liking the updates to the skin jurialmonkey, nice work. Two quick questions:

Thanks!

Navigate over to the far right side of the Main Category menu bar to the last icon on the right (Circle) and select it. It will open up the familar Power/Configuration menu at the bottom of your screen.

I had it disabled in the setup menu. Smile

RE: Arctic - Tripp - 2014-01-21

So I guess the skin tried to update last night and my XBMC crashed during the update. So the skin settings are unreadable to make changes.

Last time it did this, you had me delete a folder and reinstall the skin. It did keep my settings. Can you tell me what I did? I promise I will copy it and save it should it happen again.

Also, if it's not too much trouble, should the fix remove the large font XML file, can you give me the instructions for that? Thank you.