Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2014-01-24

(2014-01-23, 12:49)Ullie Wrote: Don't know where I read it, but from memory I thought you have to remove itemid 200 and 201 from the lyrics xml file. After the removal it worked instantly.
Of course it was in the Gotham changes thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158812&pid=1536660#pid1536660
I feel stupid now hahaha. For reference, it is item id 100 and 101 (not 200 and 201). Fixed on latest git.

(2014-01-23, 14:33)Scottland Wrote: Sorry, another weather question - is there an option to turn it off anywhere? Blush
There will be soon...

(2014-01-23, 17:16)locomot1f Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 11:07)mikkelnl Wrote: I was wondering: the weather info op de home screens is a nice touch, but is it intended that the weather icon is white on a white background? It's hardly visible Smile
i agree with this. can we make it black, or like a slate color?
Whoops, just a typo. Fixed in latest git, on repo soonish.

(2014-01-24, 02:06)warlion Wrote: @jurialmunkey I was wondering any chance to change the video osd To the top of the careen to avoid cover subtitles or when you fast or back forward meaby a setting to select the possible position the user desire
Not at the moment - its a lot of work to achieve because it would involve rewriting (again!) all the osd/onscreen-info stuff and I really really really don't want to do that again and would much rather focus on other elements of the skin. You can adjust the position of the subtitles in System Settings > Video > Video Calibration.

RE: Arctic - Scottland - 2014-01-24

(2014-01-23, 20:30)el_cabong Wrote: to disable completely, go to the full weather screen or find the weather underground addon (or whatever weather addon you use) and go to the settings, there should be an option to uncheck the enabled option, which will disable the app from fetching data.. you could also remove the weather widgets from the home panel, tho the weather button on the power menu is hard coded

Disabled the Weatherunderground addon, but I still see "°C" in the bottom left

(2014-01-24, 08:17)jurialmunkey Wrote: There will be soon...

Thanks, was just checking I wasn't missing the obvious Smile

RE: Arctic - vimarbla - 2014-01-24

Hello Jurial,

Only a simple doubt.
Reading the last posts I am undestanding that there is a weather info icon in the home screen...??
I have the last git version (0.6.6) and cannot see it... (with frodo 12.3).
Until now I was adding it manually, editing the home.xml, because I like to have this information in the home screen, but I would prefer your version.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Arctic - The-Boxhead - 2014-01-24

Loving all the great stuff on this skin! been using it as my default for the past month.

Did you remove the small favorites icon to the left on the startmenu ? I really loved that and hate to see it gone - any plans on making it an option at least ?

Anyhow thanks for all the hard work m8 !

RE: Arctic - warlion - 2014-01-24

(2014-01-24, 21:46)The-Boxhead Wrote: Loving all the great stuff on this skin! been using it as my default for the past month.

Did you remove the small favorites icon to the left on the startmenu ? I really loved that and hate to see it gone - any plans on making it an option at least ?

Anyhow thanks for all the hard work m8 !

Its gone cuz is already on the shutdown you need to enable on simple mod on panel mode just go all the way down

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2014-01-24

(2014-01-24, 17:33)vimarbla Wrote: Reading the last posts I am undestanding that there is a weather info icon in the home screen...??
I have the last git version (0.6.6) and cannot see it... (with frodo 12.3).
Its only on the simple home screen currently. It replaces the profile info so you need to disable the "show profile image" option in 'Skin Settings > Home' to see it.

(2014-01-24, 21:46)The-Boxhead Wrote: Did you remove the small favorites icon to the left on the startmenu ? I really loved that and hate to see it gone - any plans on making it an option at least ?
Like what warlion said - the power button replaces it as it has the favourites in its menu. However, I am going to eventually add an option where you can turn it back into just favourites.

RE: Arctic - DJ... - 2014-01-25

Hi jurial,

Your new version works perfectly with the lyrics now and all is well. Loving Arctic...

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2014-01-25

jurialmunkey, not sure if anyone mentioned this but with the weather background images, they no longer match the weather as they did before, I have the same 5 images cycling regardless of the weather.

Yes I have have the backgound images pointing to the correct folder. Has there been a change that I need to address to correct this?

Thank in advance.

RE: Arctic - deletedpenguin - 2014-01-25

Just a quick note that if you have a recording scheduled, the text is black in the dark skin, whereas all the other text is white.

RE: Arctic - Razieal - 2014-01-26

loving this skin please please please add cleart view for both movies and specially Tv show i can currently see clearart just in next aired tv guide but no where else please please add this view thanks

RE: Arctic - vimarbla - 2014-01-26

Hi, jurial.

First of all, thaks for the quick response, and thanks for your continuos work.
I hope you never get tired. I have wanted to make a little contribution today in the only way that we can.

Sometime ago I commented you the possibility to add the duration in the different views.
You answered about the possibility to add as an option, let us to choose between year or duration.
Would it be possible to do something like this...? (as the Black solution that I commented...)
And of course sorry for the quality.... mi knowledge about skinning is "zero", so I have to "mount" it with a simple photo editor. I am intenting only to show you the idea:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36023378/Captura.PNG

And as allways and independently of your answer, thanks for all.

RE: Arctic - warlion - 2014-01-28

@julialmunkey
hey julial why you dont try service.library.data.provider
will make the skin a lot lighter and cleaner

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2014-01-29

(2014-01-25, 02:16)hoopsdavis Wrote: jurialmunkey, not sure if anyone mentioned this but with the weather background images, they no longer match the weather as they did before, I have the same 5 images cycling regardless of the weather.
This is strange. Nothing changed as far as I remember, but I can't test at the moment because the weather is really nice so it looks like its working for me Wink :p

Are you just talking about setting the global background to weather or is it happening elsewhere? I ask because it definitely is working for me in the 10 day forecast (some rain and thunderstorms later in the week and the images match for me).

(2014-01-25, 02:23)deletedpenguin Wrote: Just a quick note that if you have a recording scheduled, the text is black in the dark skin, whereas all the other text is white.
Should be fixed on latest git

(2014-01-26, 03:16)Razieal Wrote: loving this skin please please please add cleart view for both movies and specially Tv show i can currently see clearart just in next aired tv guide but no where else please please add this view thanks
Clearart is difficult to create nice looking views for because it is inconsistent (some are cut-off on the right and bottom side, but others are not). It might happen in the future, but isn't on the cards for now.

(2014-01-26, 18:20)vimarbla Wrote: Would it be possible to do something like this...? (as the Black solution that I commented...)
And of course sorry for the quality.... mi knowledge about skinning is "zero", so I have to "mount" it with a simple photo editor. I am intenting only to show you the idea:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36023378/Captura.PNG
Something along these lines is probably actually the best solution. I will add an option when I have the time.

(2014-01-28, 15:09)warlion Wrote: @julialmunkey
Yeah I've seen that. Whilst it would make the code cleaner and simpler, it wouldn't actually improve skin performance at all because the same basic process still occurs - it just happens in the service rather than the skin code. Since I've already written the code it would be a waste of my time to rewrite it all because it wouldn't achieve anything on the user end of things. I would only bother with this if I was rewriting the skin from scratch -- something that I'll do eventually, but really don't want to do any time soon...

RE: Arctic - hoopsdavis - 2014-01-29

(2014-01-29, 00:51)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 02:16)hoopsdavis Wrote: jurialmunkey, not sure if anyone mentioned this but with the weather background images, they no longer match the weather as they did before, I have the same 5 images cycling regardless of the weather.
This is strange. Nothing changed as far as I remember, but I can't test at the moment because the weather is really nice so it looks like its working for me Wink :p

Are you just talking about setting the global background to weather or is it happening elsewhere? I ask because it definitely is working for me in the 10 day forecast (some rain and thunderstorms later in the week and the images match for me).

Yes I'm speaking of the global background, not the 10 day forcast. (When you highlight the "Weather" on the main menu, the backgrounds should continue to show only backgrounds according to the weather, I don't get that I get all varieties of weather)

RE: Arctic - liquidolze - 2014-01-29

(2014-01-28, 15:09)warlion Wrote: @julialmunkey

Hey,

sorry for asking but can somebody post me an explanation how to implement this?

I´m just working on a little skin (just started) and I don´t know how to edit the addon.xml correct.

Any help would be nice.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

@ jurial : thanks for your great work. I´m using your skin since several month -> very high WAF Big Grin