Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - htpc guy - 2014-02-15

This skin has come a long way since I last used it. I'm running the January monthly build of Gotham and I have been using your skin for the last few days. Its got all the options and customizations that I could ask for. I also really like your implementation of the "Choose Artwork" function in the video information screen. It makes it so much easier to manage the artwork shown on screen.

RE: Arctic - htpc guy - 2014-02-16

I would like to mod one thing in the lovefilm viewtype. I want to replace the movie/tv show title that is shown above the plot with a Logo, and then remove the logo from the bottom of the screen.

I found this section of code that displays the title.
Code:
<control type="textbox">
                <posx>100</posx>
                <posy>46</posy>
                <width>509</width>
                <height>100</height>
                <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                <textcolor>mod-infotags-alt</textcolor>
                <font>Font-Alaska-S45-BL</font>
                <align>left</align>
                <aligny>top</aligny>
                <scroll>false</scroll>
            </control>

I don't see anything in this viewtype for logo though. Where is that information controlled at?

RE: Arctic - skypilot67 - 2014-02-16

I don't know what I did, but the Skin Settings > General menu seems to have appeared randomly on it's own. And holy wow.

This is definitely going to be my regular skin for a while.

RE: Arctic - filthycatbox - 2014-02-16

Is there any option that I'm missing to remove the lyrics overlay from the audio playing OSD. It looks horrendous alongside the gorgeous simplicity of the rest of the skin.

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2014-02-16

(2014-02-14, 05:17)nooryani84 Wrote: WOW! I really like the clean interface! Very soothing Smile
Thanks Smile

(2014-02-14, 05:27)speeko Wrote: Thanks for posting those channel icons - can I also ask where you get your EPG data from? I've had a helluva time getting decent XMLTV in Perth.
I just use the broadcasted epg data. However, I found shepherd (on linux) is pretty good if you're willing to do a bit of work setting it up. It runs in the background and auto updates from multiple sources and does a lot of clean up and tries to remain consistent etc. I had it set up on my previous install but when I upgraded the hard disk I did a clean install and haven't got around to setting it up again.

(2014-02-14, 18:45)Aemstel Wrote: I feel none of the current available skins even come close to what you've done with Arctic. It has a great balance between looking beautiful and clean, and still having just enough of customization options and useful information visible on screen. Amazing work.

(edit: donated a couple of bucks. well deserved!)
Thanks! Much appreciated Big Grin

(2014-02-15, 19:55)MBulli Wrote: 1. I find the animation of selected entry a little bit iterating when you scroll up and down.
2. I'm able to set multiple images as the background of the main menu, that's great. But I would like to set the image change timer much slower or even better: To change picture only when I select another menu entry.
I'm a bit wary of adding more options at this stage as they can get quite out of hand. Regarding 2, why not just set single images? You could edit Includes_WindowContent.xml and change the timer

Look for this part (around line 291):
Code:
<include name="CommonContent">
        <control type="multiimage">
            <description>Custom Wallpaper Image</description>
            <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
            <timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>
            <randomize>true</randomize>
            <fadetime>600</fadetime>
            <loop>yes</loop>
            <imagepath background="true">$VAR[Mod_BackgroundSingle]</imagepath>
            <visible>![Skin.HasSetting(BackgroundVideo) + Player.HasVideo]</visible>
        </control>

And change the timeperimage to something bigger...

(2014-02-15, 22:46)filthycatbox Wrote: Very solid design. I've used all iterations of Aeon Nox since the beginning, but you've created a skin which feels fresh and contemporary (and not based on the clunky Win8 language like most others out there). Really nice work Jurialmonkey. Only nitpick I have is the grey background panel (visible during video OSD info for example) with the rounded corners. I feel they detract from the design consistency which you've achieved very successfully throughout. I'd love to have the option of sharp right-angled shapes which would feel less dated than they currently look. Anyway, great work!
Thanks. Why not use the "extend panel to fullwidth" option in Skin Settings > Video/Audio OSD ?

(2014-02-15, 23:37)htpc guy Wrote: This skin has come a long way since I last used it. I'm running the January monthly build of Gotham and I have been using your skin for the last few days. Its got all the options and customizations that I could ask for. I also really like your implementation of the "Choose Artwork" function in the video information screen. It makes it so much easier to manage the artwork shown on screen.
You can thank Black's xperience1080 for that... Wink

(2014-02-16, 01:57)skypilot67 Wrote: I don't know what I did, but the Skin Settings > General menu seems to have appeared randomly on it's own. And holy wow.

This is definitely going to be my regular skin for a while.
Excellent. Glad you got it resolved.

(2014-02-16, 02:12)filthycatbox Wrote: Is there any option that I'm missing to remove the lyrics overlay from the audio playing OSD. It looks horrendous alongside the gorgeous simplicity of the rest of the skin.
There should be an option in Skin Settings > Addons. Though I think something in Gotham might auto enable them. You could try uninstalling/disabling your lyrics addons if thats the case.

RE: Arctic - rskadk - 2014-02-16

This skin looks really nice Smile

A basic question on the first page you wrote:

Requirements
XBMC Frodo
Skin.Widgets
Artwork downloader
Script.Favourites

Optional Extras
Extended Info
Metadata Actors
Library Editor
Tv Tunes
Tv Next Aired
Artist Slideshow

What are the different plugins used for, and should i take any action? (I have a fresh intall of openelec)

RE: Arctic - rskadk - 2014-02-16

I have a issue regarding the widget setting for ""movies". I'm running the "panel view" on the homescreen.

I have configurated the widget to display "New movies". But on the homescreen below movies, new movies is not displayed? According to my understand new movies should be "Latest added".

How can i get the new movies displayed correctly?

RE: Arctic - aksarge - 2014-02-17

Is THIS Arctic the same one by paulsalem but getting tweaked?

I found Arctic a few months back in his Refocus Big forums and have been using it since.
I believe he said he was goofing with it for his own use then.

The only difference I noticed in this Arctic is that there is no Favorites star yet in the main menu.
I read you are putting that back in though.

I just set up custom as my favorites until you officially release this.

I am not real power user of skins so that is the only "bug" that I see.

I like my skins like I like my women.
Clean, simple, low maintenance, and easy on the eyes!

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2014-02-17

No this is the original. Paulsalem's one was just a mod of this to accomodate bigger fonts. There is a bigger font set in this one now so Paulsalem's mod is irrelevant now. I removed the favorite s star because favorite s are accessible from the power menu, but im putting it back due to popular demand

RE: Arctic - hermy65 - 2014-02-17

Having an issue with this skin and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. In the area that the gallery shows as the Spotlight area is blank for me in all sections (Movies, TV Shows). I assume this is where recent items is supposed to be. I have all of the plugins required in the first post.

RE: Arctic - Smobbo - 2014-02-17

(2014-02-16, 17:18)rskadk Wrote: I have a issue regarding the widget setting for ""movies". I'm running the "panel view" on the homescreen.

I have configurated the widget to display "New movies". But on the homescreen below movies, new movies is not displayed? According to my understand new movies should be "Latest added".

How can i get the new movies displayed correctly?

you need the skin.widget service.
You can download it in add ons (under settings).
Once you've downloaded it you can configure the skin.widget service. There you can say it needs to display everything you need. After that the homescreen will start to fill with your requested new, ongoing or random movies/tv-shows.

RE: Arctic - hermy65 - 2014-02-17

I stated that I already had installed all of the plugins that were required on the front page, skin.widgets being one of them. It is installed and configured yet nothing shows up. I even uninstalled/reinstalled skin.widgets

RE: Arctic - elmuziko - 2014-02-17

I really can't believe how good this skin is. I got it from the XBMC front page and fell for it even before I'd customised it to my liking. Massive hats off to you, just thrown a donation across as we speak.

Just a few things though, I did search this thread for "custom" but couldn't find anything and didn't no what other strings to use so my apologies if this has been covered already.

Is there anyway to remove the + sign from the sub menus? In most instances mine's customised to perfection and doesn't need it. I know how to add something through the settings so having a random + is a bit of an eye sore.

I've changed one of the home meny's to ROM Collector. Is there anyway to have it go straight into an item rather than open a sub-menu?

And is there a way of customising the sub-menu's of settings and power?

RE: Arctic - jurialmunkey - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-16, 14:36)rskadk Wrote: What are the different plugins used for, and should i take any action? (I have a fresh intall of openelec)
Skin.Widgets -- Recent, Spotlight, In-progress/ongoing and Mixed widgets for - Movies / Tvshows / Music
Artwork downloader -- Downloading additional artwork like clear logos etc.
Script.Favourites -- To be able to set a favourite as a menu item

Extended Info -- extra info on movie sets and music album track lists etc.
Metadata Actors -- extra info about actors in movie info (press right after selecting actor)
Library Editor -- extra editing options in context menu
Tv Tunes -- plays tv themes when in that directory
Tv Next Aired -- used in the tv guide, also for tv next aired widget that shows when upcoming shows in your library air
Artist Slideshow -- used for music visualisation to show extra info and slideshow of fanart

Also, script.randomandlastitems is used for custom playlist widgets

(2014-02-17, 16:01)hermy65 Wrote: I stated that I already had installed all of the plugins that were required on the front page, skin.widgets being one of them. It is installed and configured yet nothing shows up. I even uninstalled/reinstalled skin.widgets
Does it work in other skins that use it like xperience1080?

(2014-02-17, 16:59)elmuziko Wrote: I really can't believe how good this skin is. I got it from the XBMC front page and fell for it even before I'd customised it to my liking. Massive hats off to you, just thrown a donation across as we speak.

(1) Is there anyway to remove the + sign from the sub menus? In most instances mine's customised to perfection and doesn't need it. I know how to add something through the settings so having a random + is a bit of an eye sore.

(2) I've changed one of the home meny's to ROM Collector. Is there anyway to have it go straight into an item rather than open a sub-menu?

(3) And is there a way of customising the sub-menu's of settings and power?
Thanks Big Grin Much appreciated.

1. Not currently. I'm in two minds about whether or not it should be there because it is convenient not having to go to customise just to add an extra addon, but like you say, if everything is already set then its a bit annoying.

2. You can turn off "open submenu on click" in skin settings > home. A trick if you want some menus to still open on click (rather than having to press up/down) is to set those menu items path
Code:
SetFocus(82)

(82 is the submenu id) (to set a custom path goto customise home items > click main menu item > configure > custom -- first keyboard dialog sets path, second the name - don't worry about the icon because it doesn't show for main menu items anyway.)

3. Not currently. Settings will never be because its the only way to get to certain settings screens and then it would be possible to lock yourself out and not be able to change it back. I plan to have the power menu customisable, just really busy at the moment so don't have that much time for skinning currently.

RE: Arctic - warlion - 2014-02-18

btw for those using Artic on Gotham and playlist this is the fix for the playlist widgets

https://www.dropbox.com/s/erxv69dwwzdxkha/artic-playlist.zip