Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Arctic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=221)
+---- Thread: [Archive] Arctic (/showthread.php?tid=170954)

RE: Arctic - Smobbo - 2014-03-09

JurialMonkey, when do you plan on adding Arctic to the standard XBMC repo?
I've been using it for months now and it just works wonders, why not give the vast majority of people also the opportunity to use it Wink ?

RE: Arctic - rskadk - 2014-03-09

(2014-03-08, 23:03)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 13:40)bruin14 Wrote: I had the same problem on a pi (xbmc keeps rebooting). Not sure what is causing this but followed the next steps:

1. Reset skin to its defaults (widgets reset in homescreen)
2. Get latest files from git (cloned to a different system)
3. Copied files to the PI
4. Copied gotham files to pi
5. rebooted
6. Skins runs
Thanks, that worked! Smile

How can you set the skin? I can't seem to find this option?

RE: Arctic - mikkelnl - 2014-03-09

(2014-03-09, 11:55)rskadk Wrote:
(2014-03-08, 23:03)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 13:40)bruin14 Wrote: I had the same problem on a pi (xbmc keeps rebooting). Not sure what is causing this but followed the next steps:

1. Reset skin to its defaults (widgets reset in homescreen)
2. Get latest files from git (cloned to a different system)
3. Copied files to the PI
4. Copied gotham files to pi
5. rebooted
6. Skins runs
Thanks, that worked! Smile

How can you set the skin? I can't seem to find this option?

I simply disabled all the widgets... Smile

RE: Arctic - pseudoheld - 2014-03-10

using gotham beta1 the subtitle addon doesn't show language flags anymore.
any chance you can fix this? atm im guessing which subtitles im downloading Big Grin

RE: Arctic - fr500 - 2014-03-11

Hi, how would I add a view, I'm trying to modify landscape but only for apps/advanced launcher, I want to have the thumb instead of fanart and a fanart just for background, I know how to modify landscape but not how to add it as a standalone view

RE: Arctic - m404 - 2014-03-11

(2014-03-10, 16:42)pseudoheld Wrote: using gotham beta1 the subtitle addon doesn't show language flags anymore.
any chance you can fix this? atm im guessing which subtitles im downloading Big Grin

not sure, but i believe its the new subtitles implementation that isn't showing flags anymore … as i said, not sure tho, would have to check in confluence first.

RE: Arctic - m404 - 2014-03-12

(2014-03-06, 00:07)jurialmunkey Wrote: Regarding Fonts
[…]

finally took the time to do it, was a bit too lazy all this time, so kept seeing it with your new changes.

that's a HUGE difference, much bigger than i had noticed when i made the switch from the old fonts to the new ones …
after using the new ones for a while, switching back to the old ones is like you put a coating of icing on the cake … it really does improve the overall look by alot.

this should definitely be sorted out, and since u're busy with eminence, maybe it should be us users trying to help you with it (considering the fonts need to respect certain license aspects).

RE: Arctic - patseguin - 2014-03-12

I like arctic but is it possible to not have it open a submenu but just go right to movies when I select the Movies menu item? I have smart lists for Bluray and 3d Bluray but when I select them, more icons open underneath and I have to find the right icon for the movies to display. I just want to select Movies and go right to them to select one to watch.

RE: Arctic - m404 - 2014-03-12

(2014-03-12, 15:23)patseguin Wrote: is it possible to not have it open a submenu but just go right to movies when I select the Movies menu item?

Settings >> Skin >> Home >> Disable "Open submenu on click"

RE: Arctic - patseguin - 2014-03-12

Perfect! Thanks! Now if we could just have box art this skin would be perfect. Can menu items be moved? For instance, mine shows Movies, TV Shows, then 3D Movies. Just a minor point, but I'd like to have 3D movies next to movies. Can I move it or do just have to configure the corresponding menu to display what I want? Like change TV shows to display my 3D Movies smart playlists and rename it as such?

RE: Arctic - Reynald - 2014-03-13

Hello

I love this skin, but how to install it, I download the file, but I do not know where to put it on xbmc frodo 12.3. Thank you for your help

RE: Arctic - Smobbo - 2014-03-13

(2014-03-13, 09:59)Reynald Wrote: Hello

I love this skin, but how to install it, I download the file, but I do not know where to put it on xbmc frodo 12.3. Thank you for your help

Put the unzipped file in your userdata/addons folder (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Userdata)
So it will have:

Userdata/addons/skin.arctic/all the stuff (like readme and the folders 1080i, etc)

RE: Arctic - Reynald - 2014-03-13

Yes it s good , thx Smile Super skin !!!!!!

RE: Arctic - patseguin - 2014-03-13

I got the skin working nicely. Selecting Movies just takes me to the movie library now instead of a sebmenu. My only gripe is not DVD case support but I suspect that feature's coolness will eventually wear off and I'll use the skin of my choice. Artic is beautiful though!

RE: Arctic - DerekCuster - 2014-03-13

I'm looking for a way to set the library ( while in love film view) to auto scroll if left alone? Kind of like a screen saver and a way to browse your library while not touching the remote etc.

I sometimes look for movies and then give up and surf the iPad, but if I could set the view to auto scroll, I'd create a random playlist, run it and then surf online while being able to look up and see a new movie from my library that may/may not interest me? Can the skin be made do this or is there a plug in available that could offer a fwature?

Friendly,