Kodi Community Forum
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator - Printable Version

Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
---- Thread: Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator (/showthread.php?tid=170975)

RE: LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator - Karnagious - 2020-01-17

(2020-01-16, 11:18)Karnagious Wrote:
(2020-01-14, 11:25)MartinMysterion Wrote:
(2018-06-02, 14:53)BrianFantana Wrote: How do I get Lazy TV to generate and maintain a playlist that looks the same as the addon uses? 
When I run the add-on, I see one poster per show (10 shows max), and when clicked, it plays the next episode, perfect!
When I choose the Lazy TV playlist, it shows the next episode from every TV show, but it doesn't sort or limit in the same way as the addon.

If I create a new smart playlist, type TV Shows, with criteria (where playlist is LazyTV) , the output looks like the addon BUT when I click the show, it doesn't play the next episode, it goes to the full episode view.
If I create a new smart playlist, type Episodes, with criteria (where playlist is LazyTV) , the output doesn't look like the addon.

Help
Has anyone found a solution to that issue? Or has Kodi 18 completely broken LazyTV?  

See solution here: https://github.com/KODeKarnage/script.lazytv/issues/25#issuecomment-575056256

The playlist type needs to be set to 'Episodes'. 
Turns out this required a new feature in order to work properly. Has been included in 3.0.1.

RE: LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator - MartinMysterion - 2020-01-17

As I can't migrate to Matrix yet, I ended up using Skin Helper Widgets to get the "next in line" list displayed on my home screen (Quartz).

RE: LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator - Rouzax - 2020-01-27

(2020-01-06, 11:31)Karnagious Wrote:
(2020-01-05, 18:53)Rouzax Wrote: @Karnagious, what does the setting "begin with the latest in progress episode" actually do?

Edit:
The other thing I just thought about. Would it be possible to add an option to start the next episode of shows that I already have started watching.

We for instance will wait quite some time before starting a second season of a show and with the current settings those will still be counted as in progress.
I would very much like the option to only start episodes where the next episode is episode 2 or higher.
That way S02E01 would not be included.
I believe that setting is used with the random playlist functionality of LazyTV, and it will mean that if one of your episodes is partially watched (and it is the next unwatched episode in the TV Show) then the playlist will play it first. That way if you exit an episode (while using the random playlist) it will return to it the next time you run a random playlist.

I am not sure I understand the feature you are requesting. Is it to exclude all TV Shows where the next episode to be played is E01?  

Would it be possible to add the request I put in?

RE: LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator - Rouzax - 2020-05-19

@Karnagious sorry for the repeated kicks but would that be something that you could add as an option?

"Exclude all TV Shows where the next episode to be played is E01"

I've been trying to solve it with a Smart Playlist but that is not possible.

RE: LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator - Rouzax - 2020-06-25

@Karnagious, I'm trying to figure out how I could add the feature I asked about.

You do your magic in the service.py from line 931

# runs through the list and finds the watched episode with the highest season and episode numbers, and creates a list of unwatched episodes
            for ep in self.eps:
                if ep['playcount'] != 0:
                    watched_showcount += 1
                    if (ep['season'] == Season and ep['episode'] > Episode) or ep['season'] > Season:
                        Season = ep['season']
                        Episode = ep['episode']
                else:
                    _append(ep)

Trying to decode how you do this but I think it should possible by adding an additional if statement and dropping all eps if they are 1

RE: LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator - gonzo90017 - 2020-08-01

I was doing some testing and I finally was able to get LazyTV working the way I want it to. The thing is that now I would like to reset the playlist so the shows play back starting in episode #1. Sorry if this is an obvious question but I tried doing a search here and in the wiki but I can't find a way to do it.

RE: LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator - Rouzax - 2020-08-01

(2020-08-01, 09:51)gonzo90017 Wrote: I was doing some testing and I finally was able to get LazyTV working the way I want it to. The thing is that now I would like to reset the playlist so the shows play back starting in episode #1. Sorry if this is an obvious question but I tried doing a search here and in the wiki but I can't find a way to do it.

You need to change the watch state in Kodi back to unwatched

RE: LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator - gonzo90017 - 2020-08-01

I went ahead and did that. But now when I try to launch LazyTV nothing happens. What am I missing?

RE: LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator - Rouzax - 2020-08-02

(2020-08-01, 10:10)gonzo90017 Wrote: I went ahead and did that. But now when I try to launch LazyTV nothing happens. What am I missing?

You probably need to do a library update or reboot of the device to initiate a new lazytv database update

RE: LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator - gonzo90017 - 2020-08-04

Thanks. Got it working now. Does the database get updated at a set interval or does this only happen when you reboot or open and close kodi?

Also. Seems like watch from Resume point isn't working?

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.