Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-11-19

(2014-11-19, 08:35)Thales Wrote: Just wondering if there was ever any talk of adding an Anime section to go along with Movies and TV Shows? There is an excellent scraper for AniDB.net that is already made for Kodi by scudlee. (It even handles all the little extra files that often accompany the series.) Maybe he would give permission to use it in Ember?

His scraper works great as is, but I'm really wishing I could go in and make changes to anime as easily as I can make changes to movies and tv shows with Ember. I know it's probably just wishful thinking on my part. His scraper and Ember just seems like a perfect fit and I had to ask.

It's planned that Ember can use the same scraper as XBMC. But earliest implemented in version 1.5.x.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - danfer - 2014-11-19

(2014-11-19, 01:16)DanCooper Wrote: 1) Ember save all episode informations to DB after a rescrape. I can't belive that the missing episodes are removed after a restart

My experience: When I rescrape season 2 of a series (series has four seasons), Ember forgets the missings episodes of season 1, 3 and 4.
Then I have to rescrape the whole series.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Pr.Sinister - 2014-11-20

Was wondering if there was a plan to make the Bulk Renamer respect the filters and only rename what is filtered...

(2014-11-19, 10:38)DanCooper Wrote: It's planned that Ember can use the same scraper as XBMC. But earliest implemented in version 1.5.x.

To me, that is the single most amazing feature you will ever release!!

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-11-20

(2014-11-20, 02:51)Pr.Sinister Wrote: Was wondering if there was a plan to make the Bulk Renamer respect the filters and only rename what is filtered...

Already done: Link Angel

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Pr.Sinister - 2014-11-20

(2014-11-20, 10:43)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-11-20, 02:51)Pr.Sinister Wrote: Was wondering if there was a plan to make the Bulk Renamer respect the filters and only rename what is filtered...

If i wasn't an Atheist, you would be my god! Big Grin

AW: RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-11-20

(2014-11-20, 21:46)Pr.Sinister Wrote:
(2014-11-20, 10:43)DanCooper Wrote:

If i wasn't an Atheist, you would be my god! Big Grin
We collect donations for poor programmers Tongue

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Pr.Sinister - 2014-11-21

(2014-11-20, 22:33)DanCooper Wrote: We collect donations for poor programmers Tongue

So i assume all my feature requests are now at the top of the list! mouhahahahaha! RoflTongue

Actually, i tried to post a Feature Request and it didn't let me. It gives me the error:

Code:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /thebuggenie/embermediamanager/issues/new on this server.

so i will put it here if you don't mind :

Quote:I use Ember to generate NFO for Adult Movies and Adult Webisodes (every week there is a new clip just like TV Shows).

Since there is no scraper for it, i use a bunch of batch scripts to generate NFOs for every single adult episode and then i use Ember to add the Plot, download the thumb, and scan the metadata. If it's just one episode i just enter everything in Ember manually. I still have a LOT of "webisodes" i need to generate NFOs for to add to XBMC...

It would be awesome if we could tell Ember the format of our files and click Scan and it would populate the appropriate fields with the data... kind of like MP3 Taggers do it to fill the tags from the filename.

An example:

File: Season 2012\Soapy Massage - 2012-01-13 - 01 - You're Definitely Hired - Casi James.mp4

Generated NFO:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<episodedetails>
  <title>You're Definitely Hired</title>
  <aired>2012-01-13</aired>
  <rating>0</rating>
  <season>2012</season>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <plot></plot>
  <actor>
    <name>Casi James</name>
    <role />
    <thumb />
  </actor>
</episodedetails>

Thanks!

Enjoy your beers guys!

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Pr.Sinister - 2014-11-21

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like when i edit Adult Webisodes from Ember.

Now you will understand why i keep asking for Bulk TV Renamer..lol...

BTW: I hope you know i am joking with the priority thing... I know you guys set your priorities and decide what you will and will not put in...

-Pr.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - m.savazzi - 2014-11-23

Everyone,
Last night I sorted out couple of issues and now I'm at a very good point with the Async/Await change!
I've discovered we do not need anymore background workers and the UI is MUCH more responsive!
Cancelling an events now works for real!

As this is a wide and major change once I've finished I will send it back to Dan and we will need to merge the great work done in the meanwhile with the new core Smile

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - User 102910 - 2014-11-23

Hi,

is DVD order for TV episodes working?

I just tried to scrape Pinky and Brain with DVD order (custom DVD untouched rip) (would be 3 seasons) but it still shows 4 seasons and also scrapes like it would be 4 seasons. I already set "DVD order" as standard and for that series.

Is there a fix or am I doing something wrong?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - JohnWPB - 2014-11-23

I have not seen this posted, so I thought I would would ask if anyone has experienced this at any time.

With the last 2 versions 1.4.0.5 & .5 I have not been able to edit movie details. In the past when double clicking on a movie, or right clicking and selecting "Edit Movie" the dialog window would come up. I have not been able to get this with the past 2 versions. I have 100% uninstalled ember, and re-installed. No luck. When I try to edit a movie, nothing at all happens, no hour glass (as if it were thinking) no pause, no errors... just nothing at all.

I am running the x68 version on Windows 8.1 64 Bit if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - T-bird_se - 2014-11-23

(2014-11-23, 23:16)JohnWPB Wrote: I have not seen this posted, so I thought I would would ask if anyone has experienced this at any time.

With the last 2 versions 1.4.0.5 & .5 I have not been able to edit movie details. In the past when double clicking on a movie, or right clicking and selecting "Edit Movie" the dialog window would come up. I have not been able to get this with the past 2 versions. I have 100% uninstalled ember, and re-installed. No luck. When I try to edit a movie, nothing at all happens, no hour glass (as if it were thinking) no pause, no errors... just nothing at all.

I am running the x68 version on Windows 8.1 64 Bit if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

It has been answered several times already, please read the big bold text in download tread

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - McButton - 2014-11-23

JohnWPB, download http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
All will work after that. Easy fix, buddy.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - JohnWPB - 2014-11-24

(2014-11-23, 23:47)McButton Wrote: JohnWPB, download http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
All will work after that. Easy fix, buddy.

Thank you! Much appreciated. I somehow missed the fact that ember now requires other software to function......

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - McButton - 2014-11-24

Finally! I helped someone instead of asking 200 questions. Badge accepted.Rofl