Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - solamnic - 2015-08-20

(2015-08-14, 11:04)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 11:47)solamnic Wrote:
(2015-08-10, 17:19)DanCooper Wrote: I've checked your mail and found an unknown bug in movie source dialog... but that have nothing to do with your problem. But i think i know what can be the problem...

Please check if you have added your movie source(s) with Movies are in separate folders setting enabled. Otherwise it's not possible to rename movie folders.
I don't know if it works if you change this settings on an already existing source. Maybe you have to remove and readd the source to get work.

will do as soon as i return home and inform of the results Smile
Any news with this issue?

sorry for the delay i was away due to work..

I have checked the separate folders, but still no luck... (also tried with separate folders unchecked... still nothing)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2015-08-20

(2015-08-20, 19:08)solamnic Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 11:04)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 11:47)solamnic Wrote: will do as soon as i return home and inform of the results Smile
Any news with this issue?

I have checked the separate folders, but still no luck... (also tried with separate folders unchecked... still nothing)

You can't change the "separate" settings for already added movies. You have to remove this source, close settings to clean the database and readd the source with correct settings.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - solamnic - 2015-08-21

(2015-08-20, 19:36)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-08-20, 19:08)solamnic Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 11:04)DanCooper Wrote: Any news with this issue?

You can't change the "separate" settings for already added movies. You have to remove this source, close settings to clean the database and readd the source with correct settings.

it works... that seemed to be the problem..

thank you...Nod

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Boulder - 2015-08-21

EMM seems to hang when I try to scrape a whole season of some TV series. I've scraped two different series (Star Trek TNG season 7 and Agatha Christie's Poirot season 5) and both hang after I finish the TV image selection. After that, I cannot on anything to make it work and there is no indication of anything going on. The only thing that works is File --> Exit or Donate. After exiting, it seems that everything's all right as all the necessary files are there in the series folder.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2015-08-21

Known bug, please read the hints in download thread.
... and don't click Exit, use the Donate button ;-)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2015-08-23

Hi guys
here is a short update of the upcoming release:

We are still working on some major bugs with episode scraping. There are some problems with multi episodes that are difficult to solve.
We also need to find a suitable solution to the problem that TMDB only uses the sorting method "Aired".

The Kodi Interface works for nearly perfectly (big up to Cocotus!) and it will make syncing with Kodi perfect.

We have also fixed nearly all known bugs. But do not worry, there will certainly be new and exciting bugs;-)

I'm currently working on new still image Select dialog. Filters are still missing, everything else works so far. Here's a screenshot:

This is one of the biggest code change we have ever done (approximately 270'00 lines of code). We have improved nearly all of the processes, the handling will now be much faster than yet.

So you can be curious if it is finally over. And no, I can not give an exact date.

Have a nice evening!

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - T-bird_se - 2015-08-23

That's a real teaser Big Grin
Can' wait to test it when you are ready

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - schimi2k - 2015-08-23

hehe this is like to hold a bottle of whiskey infront of an dry alkoholic Wink

looks realy promissing - and better wait a bit longer and it works ( almost ) perfect - not like M$ or any other Game developer right now - first release something, wait for feedback and maybe one year later you will have an "almost" finished product Wink

well done so far Team EMM !

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - m.savazzi - 2015-08-23

(2015-08-23, 00:26)DanCooper Wrote: Hi guys
here is a short update of the upcoming release:

We are still working on some major bugs with episode scraping. There are some problems with multi episodes that are difficult to solve.
We also need to find a suitable solution to the problem that TMDB only uses the sorting method "Aired".

The Kodi Interface works for nearly perfectly (big up to Cocotus!) and it will make syncing with Kodi perfect.

We have also fixed nearly all known bugs. But do not worry, there will certainly be new and exciting bugs;-)

I'm currently working on new still image Select dialog. Filters are still missing, everything else works so far. Here's a screenshot:

This is one of the biggest code change we have ever done (approximately 270'00 lines of code). We have improved nearly all of the processes, the handling will now be much faster than yet.

So you can be curious if it is finally over. And no, I can not give an exact date.

Have a nice evening!

Thank you....

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Boulder - 2015-08-23

A small glitch: some of my 4:3-aspect ratio movies are being marked as 576p even though they have a vertical resolution of 720 pixels.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2015-08-23

(2015-08-23, 14:40)Boulder Wrote: A small glitch: some of my 4:3-aspect ratio movies are being marked as 576p even though they have a vertical resolution of 720 pixels.

Please add a ticket on our Bug Tracker. Thx.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - RockDawg - 2015-08-28

(2015-07-02, 22:15)Cocotus Wrote:
(2015-07-01, 23:11)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2015-06-25, 23:51)DanCooper Wrote: AD is crappy ;-) But we are working on a Kodi JSON interface addon to add all this extra arts directly to Kodi without AD or MSAA (for MovieSets).

Dan this would be FANTASTIC! I'm not happy with AD - it's very slow, and is a bit difficult to get the settings right. Plus the mod owner doesn't seem to like answering questions or receiving feedback about how to make things work more simply.

Is this a change coming soon or something that's farther out?
Im working on it right now Cool

Some screenies from new KodiInterface module in Ember:

Right now it looks I will finish direct syncing of Ember movies/episodes to Kodi from context menu this weekend I think. I will probaby add some general functionality like "Updating Kodi Library", "Clean Library" in main menu bar too for a first release

Real time syncing support (meaning keeping Kodi and Ember library up to date and synced in backgroud all the time automatically) will still probably take some time though, but for a first step the above should be sufficient. Stay tuned! Laugh

This is so freaking awesome! I created the Feature Request ticket for this on your Bug Tracker way back when. I have long missed this feature and am so pumped it's coming back. I can't wait for the next beta. I had given up on ever seeing this again and just so happened to check the ticket yesterday (I don't even know why as I hadn't checked on it in over a year). I literally did a double take because I couldn't believe my eyes at first. Thanks so much for not forgetting about it all together.

You are absolutely right that your initial implementation is a great and welcomed first step. Hell, even if we never get anything more advanced it's still cool. But - and please don't take this to be unappreciative in any way! - real time syncing is the absolute best and would the cat's meow! Just so you know there are users who would look forward to it if that helps make it any more worth your time and effort to further develop it.

Thanks again and can't wait fir the release!!!

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - ss4johnny - 2015-08-28

(2015-08-23, 00:26)DanCooper Wrote: This is one of the biggest code change we have ever done (approximately 270'00 lines of code). We have improved nearly all of the processes, the handling will now be much faster than yet.

Impressive. Keep up the good work!

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - ss4johnny - 2015-08-28

(2015-08-28, 00:41)RockDawg Wrote:
(2015-07-02, 22:15)Cocotus Wrote:
(2015-07-01, 23:11)deh2k7 Wrote: Dan this would be FANTASTIC! I'm not happy with AD - it's very slow, and is a bit difficult to get the settings right. Plus the mod owner doesn't seem to like answering questions or receiving feedback about how to make things work more simply.

Is this a change coming soon or something that's farther out?
Im working on it right now Cool

Right now it looks I will finish direct syncing of Ember movies/episodes to Kodi from context menu this weekend I think. I will probaby add some general functionality like "Updating Kodi Library", "Clean Library" in main menu bar too for a first release

Real time syncing support (meaning keeping Kodi and Ember library up to date and synced in backgroud all the time automatically) will still probably take some time though, but for a first step the above should be sufficient. Stay tuned! Laugh

This is so freaking awesome! I created the Feature Request ticket for this on your Bug Tracker way back when. I have long missed this feature and am so pumped it's coming back. I can't wait for the next beta. I had given up on ever seeing this again and just so happened to check the ticket yesterday (I don't even know why as I hadn't checked on it in over a year). I literally did a double take because I couldn't believe my eyes at first. Thanks so much for not forgetting about it all together.

I hadn't been aware they were working on this interaction. Sounds cool. I just hope that there will be support for sql databases. I often find that Ember updates what's on my NAS, but kodi doesn't recognize the changes in the sql database the same that it would for a normal library. Sometimes I have to remove and then add back movies, etc. And other problems.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - RockDawg - 2015-08-28

(2015-08-28, 02:30)ss4johnny Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 00:41)RockDawg Wrote:
(2015-07-02, 22:15)Cocotus Wrote: Im working on it right now Cool

I hadn't been aware they were working on this interaction. Sounds cool. I just hope that there will be support for sql databases. I often find that Ember updates what's on my NAS, but kodi doesn't recognize the changes in the sql database the same that it would for a normal library. Sometimes I have to remove and then add back movies, etc. And other problems.

If I'm understanding your issues correctly, that is exactly what this module fixes. Any changes to info files (whether by Ember or anything else) were never seen by Kodi's library without refreshing the video's info or removing and re-adding the video in Kodi like you mention.

You do bring up a good point that I just took for granted - will this support mySQL databases or only the default Kodi database (is it still SQLite?)? I hope mySQL will be supported as that's what I use.