Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - User 82367 - 2016-05-20

Wow, didn't saw this editor before. Thanks!! Works perfect.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Vodka2 - 2016-05-21

Awesome Awesome APP Smile 1 issue is that once it scrapes anything you must not click on anything as nti gives and error and crashes. Windows 10 x64.

the only function is cancel scrapper.

But this is not an issue start it up again and all back to normal Smile

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - war59312 - 2016-05-22

(2016-05-20, 10:06)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-05-20, 00:50)Tyrindor2 Wrote: Is there anyway to stop EMM from adding <dateadded> and <datemodified> tags? Just curious, no biggy if you can't.
No.
Control over what information gets added to .nfo would be very! nice. Nod

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - aNTTI - 2016-06-19

Don't regularly follow the forums. Wouldn't like to pressure with the question of when the 1.4.8.0 would be released. But have to. Blush I've seen great progress made at the Alpha thread and my own library has been in a state "I'll rescrape everything properly when the new release comes" since Christmas.
Starting my summer vacation now I would have time to dive into compiling my own alpha. If that is reasonable at this point.
Though, appreciate the work everybody's doing and really like the software.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - pigeldi - 2016-07-06

(2016-05-15, 15:31)Shilar Wrote: Here's an odd request from a long-time Ember user.... add a bulk metadata edit to the program? I have about 50-60 3d movies in mp4, and would like to indicate they are in 3D in the metadata... but I have to open every single movie and insert it into the metadata.

Just use an editor like Notepad++ and do a search and replace over all the files. Each NFO should have an identical tag like </plot> which you can use to add any text afterwards.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Eisa - 2016-07-19

Small feature request:
It would be great if we could have bulk download feature, for example to download all fanarts in Extra Fanarts folder or a path we specify.

-
I kept trying for long hours to scrape in bulks, also searched for many different programs but none had that feature. Eg: Scrape all posters/ scrape all clear arts. However, the most important is Fanarts since Kodi supports Extra Fanarts.

Thanks for this program; it's truly remarkable!

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2016-07-19

What do you exactly mean? Ember can download only Extrafanarts and there is also a limit in settings that you can set to 0 if you want use any fanart that the scrapers have found.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Eisa - 2016-07-20

(2016-07-19, 22:13)DanCooper Wrote: What do you exactly mean? Ember can download only Extrafanarts and there is also a limit in settings that you can set to 0 if you want use any fanart that the scrapers have found.

Thank you for replying!

I've been trying one full day to have the Extrafanarts downloaded. However, while Ember download fanarts, posters. and all the data. Somehow it doesn't fetch not even one Extrafanart.
I tinkered with the settings a lot, and tried almost everything! Also I had to delete everything extra that was downloaded manually many times.

Although now I realized even if Extrafanarts can be fixed, I still won't be able to use Ember due to certain limitations.
For some reason I can't disable it from fetching the episodes data and the show data. No matter what I untick it still downloads the episode.nfo and tvshow.nfo.

My problem is:
I like to keep my library clean from all files, and this program doesn't offer us any method of changing the scrape location which results in inevitable clutter.
I made an exception for Extrafanarts since I wanted to scrape only and only Extrafanarts and nothing else since it will have its own folder and won't cause much disorganization to my method of structuring.

Hopefully we will find a method that'll allow Extrafanarts to download, perhaps it's not working specifically with me. If it did work then I'll still face the problem of it downloading the episode.nfo.
However, if we found a way to disable that and purely have Extrafanarts as the only thing Ember fetched then I'll achieve the minimum results of what I actually desired which is reasonable enough for me (I'll be pleased) and this request is inline with reality.

What I fully desire is to parse everything, all the shows data in some possible structures (examples):
  • subfolder called metadata
  • Entirely different structure: Parsing in different folders with the same name as my shows folders but only has fetched data inside.
  • Or we can just specify our own default path
I know that this is far from reality, I've been keeping an eye just waiting for a similar feature from years but then I gave up!
I hope that you can aid me with what I talked about, which was inline with reality Blush

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2016-07-20

(2016-07-20, 10:40)Eisa Wrote:
(2016-07-19, 22:13)DanCooper Wrote: What do you exactly mean? Ember can download only Extrafanarts and there is also a limit in settings that you can set to 0 if you want use any fanart that the scrapers have found.

Thank you for replying!

I've been trying one full day to have the Extrafanarts downloaded. However, while Ember download fanarts, posters. and all the data. Somehow it doesn't fetch not even one Extrafanart.
I tinkered with the settings a lot, and tried almost everything! Also I had to delete everything extra that was downloaded manually many times.

Although now I realized even if Extrafanarts can be fixed, I still won't be able to use Ember due to certain limitations.
For some reason I can't disable it from fetching the episodes data and the show data. No matter what I untick it still downloads the episode.nfo and tvshow.nfo.

My problem is:
I like to keep my library clean from all files, and this program doesn't offer us any method of changing the scrape location which results in inevitable clutter.
I made an exception for Extrafanarts since I wanted to scrape only and only Extrafanarts and nothing else since it will have its own folder and won't cause much disorganization to my method of structuring.

Hopefully we will find a method that'll allow Extrafanarts to download, perhaps it's not working specifically with me. Although if it did work then I'll still face the problem of it downloading the episode.nfo. Though, if we found a way to disable that and purely have Extrafanarts as the only thing Ember fetched then I'll achieve the minimum results of what I actually desired which is reasonable enough for me and is inline with reality.

What I fully desire is to parse everything, all the shows data in some possible structures (examples):
  • subfolder called metadata
  • Entirely different structure: Parsing in different folders with the same name as my shows folders but only has fetched data inside.
  • Or we can just specify our own default path

I know that this is far from reality, I've been keeping an eye just waiting for a similar feature from years but then I gave up!
I hope that you can aid me with what I talked about that was inline with reality Blush

The latest 1.4.8.0 Alpha offers to disable episode and tvshow NFOs:

It's also possible to enable or disable any image type that you want or not.
All images will be saved in the tv show or movie directory. Extrafanarts and Extrathumbs will be saved in subdirectories like .\tvshow\extrafanart\*.* and .\tvshow\extrathumbs\*.*.

How should the images are stored in your opinion? It will be possible to add more features for Expert Settings, e.g. but it's always a lot of work to do that proper to work with all other modules like Renamer ect.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Eisa - 2016-07-20

(2016-07-19, 22:13)DanCooper Wrote: The latest 1.4.8.0 Alpha offers to disable episode and tvshow NFOs:

It's also possible to enable or disable any image type that you want or not.
All images will be saved in the tv show or movie directory. Extrafanarts and Extrathumbs will be saved in subdirectories like .\tvshow\extrafanart\*.* and .\tvshow\extrathumbs\*.*.

How should the images are stored in your opinion? It will be possible to add more features for Expert Settings, e.g. but it's always a lot of work to do that proper to work with all other modules like Renamer ect.

Sorry for my late reply and thank you once again for your helpful response!
Since the time of your reply I've been testing Ember 1.4.8.0 Alpha.

Wow, just wow! The Alpha is just so amazingBig Grin
In Alpha, Extrafanarts worked, and I can disable .NFO! 1st Problem Solved!

Also, I've encountered other small issue alike to "Episode 1.nfo" is usually missing in shows
but all other episodes.nfo files do get fetched. Screenie:

I've been testing out the Expert Settings, and so far the results are positive.
I've changed the structure so everything gets parsed in a folder named metadata inside the show folder. "Metadata" folder will categorize all items that have more than one picture into folders (Posters, Banners, Fanarts, Landscapes). Screenie:

Image > Image >

Expert Settings
TV Show
Banner: "Metadata/Banners/Show - Banner.jpg
CharacterArt: "Metadata/CharacterArt.jpg"
ClearArt: "Metadata/ClearArt.png"
ClearLogo: "Metadata/ClearLogo.png"
Fanart: "Metadata/Fanarts/Show - Fanart.jpg"
Landscape: "Metadata/Landscapes/Show - Landscape.jpg
NFO: "Metadata/Show.nfo"
Poster: Metadata/Posters/Poster.jpg
------------------------------------------------------
All Seasons
Banner: "Metadata/Banners/All Seasons - Banner.jpg"
Fanart: "Metadata/Fanarts/All Seasons - Fanart.jpg"
Landscape: "Metadata/Landscapes/All Seasons - Landscape.jpg"
Poster: "Metadata/Posters/All Seasons - Poster.jpg"
Seasons
Banner: "Metadata/Banners/Season{0} - Banner.jpg"
Fanart: "Metadata/Fanarts/Season{0} - Fanart.jpg"
Landscape: "Metadata/Landscapes/Season{0} - Landscape.jpg"
Poster: "Metadata/Posters/Season{0} - Poster.jpg"
Episode
Fanart: "/Metadata - Episode/Fanarts/Episode - Fanart.jpg"
NFO: "/Metadata - Episode/Episodes/<filename>.nfo"
Poster: "/Metadata - Episode/Episodes/<filename> - Poster.jpg"

However, this isn't exactly what I wanted but this is what I could achieve with what this great utility offers for now.

The feature I need:
Along with the folders in the screenie I wish to have all the data of the show, so I hope that this feature could be implemented in the future.

For example:
  1. ExtraBanners
  2. ExtraLandscapes
  3. ExtraPosters
  4. ExtraClearArts
And everything extra the show has to offer.

Also moving ExtraFanarts, Actors, ExtraThumbs, all the extra I mentioned to the metadata folder that's created thanks to expert settings would be amazing.

The folder structure that I need:
It would be for example:
  • "C:/Anime - Metadata/Durarara!! - Metadata/Banners/Season{0} - Banner.jpg"
  • "C:/Anime - Metadata/Naruto - Metadata/Fanarts/Show - Fanart.jpg"

It might not be possible because you stated that <showtitle> can't be achieved, however there might be a workaround once you understand the structure of the folder that I need.

How to do it using expert if <showtitle> was possible:
  • TVShow Banner Expert Setting: "C:/Anime - Metadata/<showtitle> - Metadata/Banners/Season{0} - Banner.jpg"
  • Seasons Fanart Expert Setting: "C:/Anime - Metadata/<showtitle> - Metadata/Fanarts/Season{0} - Fanart.jpg"

My feature request - conclusion:
  1. Ability to fetch everything Exta(XX)!
  2. Ability to move Extrafanarts, .actors to a different path.
  3. The ability to organize metadata in a different path which requires the <showtitle> feature.

I also found another important thing missing. If possible, I'll discuss it with you once we're done with our current topic.

I hope that there's something to at least achieve a result that's similar to this or I hope that you can somehow find a workaround so your program supports this!
Sorry for the long post, I'll await your response! Thank you for your time and this amazing utility Blush

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Eisa - 2016-07-22

Hello @DanCooper

Sorry if my long post had some requests that might be challenging and time consuming since I know that you're mainly developing it as a hobby.
(To answer your last post question in a simple way)
It will suffice to be able to change the path of .Actors and Extrafanarts in Expert Settings. I also requested a Bulk download for all the metadata the show offers. That's almost all instead of the long post! That post is only very detailed for explanation purposes.

There's an important feature missing in Ember which Kodi supports:
In Kodi when we add our video source it can have a mix between TVShows and the TVShows Sets.

For example:
Usually we have it like this: Anime > Durarara!! > Durarara!! - Season 1 & Durarara!! - Season 2

However, some shows I have are like this: Anime > Dragon Ball Set > Dragon Ball Z & Dragon Ball GT & Dragon Ball Kai (all in Dragon Ball Set)

Ember is unable to fetch those in the same source that have a set and it's impossible to add it as a separate source.
However, Kodi is able to fetch by accessing the folder and changing the settings of the folder to untick that it has a single TVShow (to treat it as a Set)
Screenshots:
Image > Image >

Image > Image

As you can see in the last picture (after treating it as not a single TVShow it was able to fetch all the Data and appear normally in TVShows Section.

In Ember there's no way we can treat a folder as a Set. Screenshot for explanation:

I hope that there's a way to fix this!
I'll appreciate your reply.
Thanks!

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2016-07-22

@Eisa: please use our Alpha thread for Alpha releated topics: Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread

I have answered your questions there.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - zuckedoff - 2016-07-28

I'm getting a fatal error when I try to update my library. It seems to be scanning just fine, but then crashes with a "Input string was not in a correct format" error at a particular episode. My log shows the following message:

Code:
2016-07-28 00:27:02.9948,EmberAPI.ModulesManager,EmberAPI.ModulesManager.RunGeneric,1,TRACE,Run generic module <Notifications>,
2016-07-28 00:27:02.9948,EmberAPI.Scanner,EmberAPI.Scanner.GetTVSeasons,9,INFO,VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match F:\Media\Media\TV Shows\Archer\Season 7\Archer.2009.S07E10.HDTV.x264-FLEET.mkv (s7e10) [s([0-9]+)[ ._-]*e([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\\/]*)$],
2016-07-28 00:27:03.1238,EmberAPI.ModulesManager,EmberAPI.ModulesManager.RunGeneric,1,TRACE,Run generic module <Notifications>,
2016-07-28 00:27:03.2348,Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication,Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication.MyApplication_UnhandledException,1,ERROR,Microsoft.VisualBasic,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)*   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)"
2016-07-28 00:27:12.8993,Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain,Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.frmMain_FormClosed,1,INFO,====Ember Media Manager exiting====,

I'm using v1.4.7.2, x86

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2016-07-28

(2016-07-28, 06:32)zuckedoff Wrote: I'm getting a fatal error when I try to update my library. It seems to be scanning just fine, but then crashes with a "Input string was not in a correct format" error at a particular episode. My log shows the following message:

Code:
2016-07-28 00:27:02.9948,EmberAPI.ModulesManager,EmberAPI.ModulesManager.RunGeneric,1,TRACE,Run generic module <Notifications>,
2016-07-28 00:27:02.9948,EmberAPI.Scanner,EmberAPI.Scanner.GetTVSeasons,9,INFO,VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match F:\Media\Media\TV Shows\Archer\Season 7\Archer.2009.S07E10.HDTV.x264-FLEET.mkv (s7e10) [s([0-9]+)[ ._-]*e([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\\/]*)$],
2016-07-28 00:27:03.1238,EmberAPI.ModulesManager,EmberAPI.ModulesManager.RunGeneric,1,TRACE,Run generic module <Notifications>,
2016-07-28 00:27:03.2348,Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication,Ember_Media_Manager.My.MyApplication.MyApplication_UnhandledException,1,ERROR,Microsoft.VisualBasic,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)*   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)"
2016-07-28 00:27:12.8993,Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain,Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.frmMain_FormClosed,1,INFO,====Ember Media Manager exiting====,

I'm using v1.4.7.2, x86

How looks the episode NFO?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - zuckedoff - 2016-07-28

It looks fine to me:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<episodedetails>
  <title>Deadly Velvet (2)</title>
  <runtime>23</runtime>
  <aired>2016-06-02</aired>
  <rating>7.5</rating>
  <videosource>hdtv</videosource>
  <votes>4</votes>
  <season>7</season>
  <episode>10</episode>
  <plot>Things get even deadlier on the set of Deadly Velvet when someone turns up, you guessed it, dead.</plot>
  <credits>Adam Reed</credits>
  <actor>
    <name>H. Jon Benjamin</name>
    <role>Sterling Archer</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/135751.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Aisha Tyler</name>
    <role>Lana Kane</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/135781.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Jessica Walter</name>
    <role>Malory Archer</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/135791.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>George Coe</name>
    <role>Woodhouse</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/296570.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Adam Reed</name>
    <role>Ray Gillette</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/296569.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Lucky Yates</name>
    <role>Doctor Krieger</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/296568.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Amber Nash</name>
    <role>Pam Poovey</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/296567.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Chris Parnell</name>
    <role>Cyril Figgis</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/135771.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Judy Greer</name>
    <role>Cheryl Tunt</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/135761.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <audio>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <codec>aac</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <longlanguage>English</longlanguage>
      </audio>
      <video>
        <aspect>1.782</aspect>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <durationinseconds>1433</durationinseconds>
        <encodedsettings>cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=13 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=19.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00</encodedsettings>
        <height>404</height>
        <language>eng</language>
        <longlanguage>English</longlanguage>
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <width>720</width>
      </video>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <dateadded>2016-07-28 00:23:49</dateadded>
  <uniqueid>5605523</uniqueid>
  <imdb>tt4537958</imdb>
</episodedetails>

I even tried deleting all of the .NFO files for the season, but it still fails on this episode. One thing I noticed, is that when I watch the activity in the status bar at the bottom, it seems like it is trying to process the NFO file as well as the episode itself. Is that possible?

If I move this season out of my scan directory, it fails on an episode in another season. However if I move the entire show out of my directory, it gets through most of the other shows. It seems that there are only a handful of episodes in a few shows that cause this problem.