Kodi Community Forum
Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Amber for Frodo - Support thread (/showthread.php?tid=172623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Amber - Support thread - TheGrudge - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-09, 09:23)pecinko Wrote: I'll add it.

This would be very nice, thank you! Great work on the skin so far, I'm really with the performance it gives me on thr RPI.

RE: Amber - Support thread - chemstar - 2013-10-09

@pecinko
i'm not familar with skin design but i think this guei elements are defined inside of DialogPVRChannelsOSD.xml
it describe the behavour of the channellist wchich appear when you press "c" inside of livetv part. (ex. http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7011/screenshot039o.png)

in your skin there is no scrollbar visible if there are more entries than possible visible in the list. second, the channellist is organised in groups/pages. jump between groups/pages (PreviousChannelGroup/NextChannelGroup) is done by right/left on remote/kbd labels .

RE: Amber - Support thread - UnStable - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-07, 14:08)portuga2000 Wrote: Hi, pecinko. Great work on Amber.

There is a bug on the last update regarding TVTunes.
The playback of the theme song lasts for just 2 seconds and then stops and continues that way on a loop.
This is only happennig with Amber, as i've already tested with other skins and Tvtunes works as intended.
Noticed this too, hopefully a fix soon Smile

RE: Amber - Support thread - gkovacsp - 2013-10-09

I would like to modify the position of the subtitle sync slider, but I'm not able to find how to change it.

Sometimes when the subtitle is out of sync it needs to be re-adjusted regularly during the video. I would prefere to keep it on the screensomewhere, where it does not bother me.

At the moment it appears somewhere in the middle making it impossible to keep it on.

Could you point me to the correct location in the source?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Amber - Support thread - User 34959 - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-09, 13:46)chemstar Wrote: @pecinko
i'm not familar with skin design but i think this guei elements are defined inside of DialogPVRChannelsOSD.xml
it describe the behavour of the channellist wchich appear when you press "c" inside of livetv part. (ex. http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7011/screenshot039o.png)

in your skin there is no scrollbar visible if there are more entries than possible visible in the list. second, the channellist is organised in groups/pages. jump between groups/pages (PreviousChannelGroup/NextChannelGroup) is done by right/left on remote/kbd labels .

Pressing right and left does cycle between the channel groups, only the channel group name is missing. Also, Confluence does have a scrollbar visible here but it cannot be focused with a keyboard so i don't know if it's doable to add the scrollbar. Can you use page up and page down to scroll the lists?

@pecinko i added the channel group label and current date and time to the channel selector, that's the bare minimum i would like to see when choosing channels this way. It could maybe use the channel logo as well?

These are in the pull request.

RE: Amber - Support thread - chemstar - 2013-10-09

i've made 2 changes inside DialogPVRChannelsOSD.xml to get it working like expected:

<control type="list" id="11" description="CHANNELS">
<posx>320</posx>
<posy>240</posy>
<width>680</width>
<height>594</height>
<onleft>PreviousChannelGroup</onleft> <--- here

<control type="scrollbar" id="61">
<visible>false</visible>
<posx>1011</posx>
<posy>240</posy>
<width>9</width>
<height>495</height>
<onleft>11</onleft>
<onright>NextChannelGroup</onright> <--- here

if you want pls add this changes

RE: Amber - Support thread - my95z34 - 2013-10-10

Any chance you could implement the "Intro Movie" feature into this skin? (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124124)

I've tried to do it myself but wherever I add the code to play the movie, the skin refuses to load after that and will just sit frozen with a "Loading" notification. If you need a log or anything, I'd be happy to post it.

Thanks in advance, also, thanks for the great performing skin for my RPi!

RE: Amber - Support thread - ammace - 2013-10-10

Would you add/is there a way to add a better OSD? At least with the poster or logo on the screen when I pause it.

Amber - Support thread - pecinko - 2013-10-10

(2013-10-10, 07:01)ammace Wrote: Would you add/is there a way to add a better OSD? At least with the poster or logo on the screen when I pause it.

No.

(2013-10-09, 21:45)SpaceMonkey Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 13:46)chemstar Wrote: @pecinko

Pressing right and left does cycle between the channel groups, only the channel group name is missing. Also, Confluence does have a scrollbar visible here but it cannot be focused with a keyboard so i don't know if it's doable to add the scrollbar. Can you use page up and page down to scroll the lists?

@pecinko i added the channel group label and current date and time to the channel selector, that's the bare minimum i would like to see when choosing channels this way. It could maybe use the channel logo as well?

These are in the pull request.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

RE: Amber - Support thread - hstegeman - 2013-10-10

I have a question about skin widgets / home shelf.
If I make a favourite from a playlist, this favourite doesn't have a tumbnail. I like to see a tumbnail for every favourite so I did
make a subdirectory under userdata for custom tumbnails. For showing regular favourits this is working great.
But the problem is that my custom tumbnails are not shown in the favourits skin widgets / home shelf.

Do I need to place my custom tumbnails in a certain directory, so skin widget can find my custom tumbnails?

RE: Amber - Support thread - godson - 2013-10-10

Is it possible to create a new menu in the home screen? I would like to add Kids Movies and have all my Disney films displayed there.
At the moment all movies appear in the movies menu

RE: Amber - Support thread - hstegeman - 2013-10-10

Request:
In the home menu it's possible to add a custom items (favourites).
It would be nice if it was possible to add a group of favourits to one custom menu item.
Some kind of skin widgets custom menu.
An other solution would be a group function for favourits. (I know this is not skin related), but it would be very nice.

Amber - Support thread - pecinko - 2013-10-10

(2013-10-10, 18:10)godson Wrote: Is it possible to create a new menu in the home screen?

Yes it is.

(2013-10-10, 18:09)hstegeman Wrote: I have a question about skin widgets / home shelf.
If I make a favourite from a playlist, this favourite doesn't have a tumbnail. I like to see a tumbnail for every favourite so I did
make a subdirectory under userdata for custom tumbnails. For showing regular favourits this is working great.
But the problem is that my custom tumbnails are not shown in the favourits skin widgets / home shelf.

Do I need to place my custom tumbnails in a certain directory, so skin widget can find my custom tumbnails?

Browse video secton, find your playlist and use context menu to assign a thumb. Add it to favourites afterwards. Should work as well - use context menu in favourites window to assign a thumb to an item.

RE: Amber - Support thread - hstegeman - 2013-10-11

[quote=
Browse video secton, find your playlist and use context menu to assign a thumb. Add it to favourites afterwards. Should work as well - use context menu in favourites window to assign a thumb to an item.
[/quote]

My context menu from a smart playlist doesn't show assign a thumb.

RE: Amber - Support thread - bigwillch - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-10, 23:17)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-10-10, 18:09)hstegeman Wrote: I have a question about skin widgets / home shelf.

It's my understanding that you can't assign thumbnails to playlist items (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=147922), only to favourites through the context menu.

I also find that my favourites thumbnails do not pull through to the shelf.