Kodi Community Forum
Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Amber for Frodo - Support thread (/showthread.php?tid=172623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Sunfel - 2013-12-16

Seeing my post in quotes makes me realise i use a lot of words to explain what i want. sorry about that.

@dammedhurst: Thanks for your reply ! that is a nice suggestion and offers me a 4th option. I do use musicvideos, but not as much as i like the kids section, so i might go for that. I hope the musicvideo scraper can be turned off or changed else it will screw things up maybe. nfo's shouldn't be a problem. Thanks !

Amber for Frodo - Support thread - pecinko - 2013-12-16

(2013-12-16, 20:45)Sunfel Wrote: Seeing my post in quotes makes me realise i use a lot of words to explain what i want. sorry about that.

@dammedhurst: Thanks for your reply ! that is a nice suggestion and offers me a 4th option. I do use musicvideos, but not as much as i like the kids section, so i might go for that. I hope the musicvideo scraper can be turned off or changed else it will screw things up maybe. nfo's shouldn't be a problem. Thanks !

Have you considered profiles?

Oh do you mean profiles make a different library for every profile ?

Haven't thought of that at all...just thought profiles was a way to easily hide configuration options/menu's for normal use.

I'll give that a go, but that sounds perfect. a Kids profile will definately do the trick if that works !

thanks pecinko !

[EDIT]: now i just need to find the profile option in Amber haha.... I can find it in default skin, but it is only helpful ofcourse if there is a way to easily switch profiles ;-)

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - pecinko - 2013-12-16

(2013-12-16, 21:02)Sunfel Wrote: Oh do you mean profiles make a different library for every profile ?

Haven't thought of that at all...just thought profiles was a way to easily hide configuration options/menu's for normal use.

I'll give that a go, but that sounds perfect. a Kids profile will definately do the trick if that works !

thanks pecinko !

Yup. You can hide unneeded stuff, you can use normal scraper and not file mode and shelf will work for both adults and kids.

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - isitmeor - 2013-12-16

(2013-12-16, 21:02)Sunfel Wrote: Oh do you mean profiles make a different library for every profile ?

thanks pecinko !

[EDIT]: now i just need to find the profile option in Amber haha.... I can find it in default skin, but it is only helpful ofcourse if there is a way to easily switch profiles ;-)

how did you add a new menu item?

(2013-12-16, 21:02)Sunfel Wrote: [EDIT]: now i just need to find the profile option in Amber haha.... I can find it in default skin, but it is only helpful ofcourse if there is a way to easily switch profiles ;-)

Set Quit menu button to log off?

@pecinko: found to profile manager ... this seems to be exactly what i have been looking for...
[edit:] yup, thanks i just thought the same thing....easy way to switch users !! it's all there.... as i said....great skin ! ;-)

@isitmeor: in setup --> home menu you can add up to 9 custom menu's ....or hide default ones

(2013-12-16, 21:09)Sunfel Wrote: @pecinko: found to profile manager ... this seems to be exactly what i have been looking for...

@isitmeor: in setup --> home menu you can add up to 9 custom menu's ....or hide default ones

I found that part but is teher a simple way to add a menu item or do I have to set a action

(2013-12-10, 17:30)isitmeor Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 17:28)pecinko Wrote: I may add it in the next update.

can you elaborate on that?

It is on Git, and I have request skin update. HOWEVER, this is not working for me as it should. Playback starts but you need to press a button in order for main menu to appear. I have no clue why this happens as it shouldn't. For this reason, code is there but is commented out. I can give a hint what to do if you are not afraid to fiddle with skin code.

(2013-12-16, 21:11)isitmeor Wrote:
(2013-12-16, 21:09)Sunfel Wrote: @pecinko: found to profile manager ... this seems to be exactly what i have been looking for...

I found that part but is teher a simple way to add a menu item or do I have to set a action

Depends on what you need to link to. File manager?

(2013-12-16, 21:11)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 17:30)isitmeor Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 17:28)pecinko Wrote: I may add it in the next update.

can you elaborate on that?

It is on Git, and I have request skin update. HOWEVER, this is not working for me as it should. Playback starts but you need to press a button in order for main menu to appear. I have no clue why this happens as it shouldn't. For this reason, code is there but is commented out. I can give a hint what to do if you are not afraid to fiddle with skin code.

(2013-12-16, 21:11)isitmeor Wrote:

Depends on what you need to link to. File manager?
File manager or a favourite would be nice
just something to get me going

(2013-12-16, 21:16)isitmeor Wrote: File manager or a favourite would be nice
just something to get me going

?

You can assign item from a favorite to an empty slot in main menu. Take a look at skin settings.

(2013-12-12, 13:45)virgism Wrote: Thank you pecinko for this wonderful skin ! It's a best skin for RPi or ARM based device - fast and clean.

I have one question regarding PVR support - i want to show this information when switching channels:

Which file i need to edit or replace to achieve such thing ? As i understand , now PVR is showing DialogSeekBar.xml ?

I'll try to add it.

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - virgism - 2013-12-17

My first try :

http://www.ambernet.lt/down/DialogSeekBar.xml

My biggest problem now - DialogSeekBar window opens, when i close channel list, EPG window, volume, Home, etc. I need to show this window only when switching channel. What will be correct <visible> tag ?

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Levi59 - 2013-12-17

Hello!

I wonder if it is possible to change the appearance of the certification in the interface. I'm french and I record it in the mpaa tag as:
"french:X" (note that some sites use "france" instead of "french")
with the value of X:
U, -10, -12, -16 or -18

This information therefore appears to me as "french:-10" for example. Is it possible to use a small logo or change the text for a better integration?

Thanks to you!

Amber for Frodo - Support thread - pecinko - 2013-12-17

(2013-12-17, 13:12)Levi59 Wrote: Hello!

I wonder if it is possible to change the appearance of the certification in the interface. I'm french and I record it in the mpaa tag as:
"french:X" (note that some sites use "france" instead of "french")
with the value of X:
U, -10, -12, -16 or -18

This information therefore appears to me as "french:-10" for example. Is it possible to use a small logo or change the text for a better integration?

Thanks to you!

Post a screenshot with your problem, please.

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Levi59 - 2013-12-17

how can i create a screenshot? XBMC is on Xbian (raspberry pi)...