Kodi Community Forum
Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Amber for Frodo - Support thread (/showthread.php?tid=172623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - DBMandrake - 2014-01-02

(2014-01-02, 19:44)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 19:42)DBMandrake Wrote: After a quick crash course in Git I think I've successfully issued a pull request for my changes ? Let me know if not.

Indeed. Thanks.

I'm already looking at it and wondering why would you want to reduce label length when increasing font size :-)
Hi,

Because while testing larger fonts I found the label width for the time/date and library stats bars on the main menu (includes.xml) was much wider than the image width of the bar causing text to spill well past the left of the bar instead of scrolling within the bar. This wouldn't be apparent with small default fonts.

So I narrowed the label width and widened the image bar slightly until the label just fitted within the image bar - with the final font size it doesn't quite need to scroll (at least with 3 digit tv show libraries Smile ) but if it did need to scroll due to a large number of tv shows/movies it would stay within the bar and scroll instead of spilling out.

Without widening the image bar slightly it would have always scrolled with that font size and as Amber is used on a lot of Raspberry Pi's I thought it was worth having a slightly longer bar that means most people should have a completely static home screen without scrolling. (Low temp/cpu use)

If you decide to revert the length of the image bar please shrink the label width by the same amount so text won't spill beyond the bar - it will scroll then but at least look tidy. Smile

On DialogSeekBar.xml I found that with a larger font the end time and current time labels overlapped a lot (I noticed this in 1.0.9 with Arial font selected too, with a two digit hour and AM/PM formatting) so I adjusted the label widths slightly so they don't overlap and then backed the font size back down until the end time just doesn't scroll, but with the label widths fixed even if the end time was longer (for example due to regional time formatting differences) it would scroll instead of overlap.

I hope my reasoning makes sense.

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Atinkler - 2014-01-02

(2014-01-02, 12:21)DBMandrake Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 12:00)Atinkler Wrote: Works much better on my bedroom TV but as it's only about a 18 - 20" the plot font could be bigger but not sure where to mess about with this or if it's a whole can of worms that doesn't need opening ?
If you mean the plot description on the movies/tv shows list that's easy to customize. Edit font.xml, search for the following line:

Code:
<fontset id="Arial nocaps" unicode="true" idloc="31391">

Then below this line search for:

Code:
<font>
      <name>InfoPlot</name>
      <filename>Arial.ttf</filename>
      <size>31</size>
      <aspect>1.0</aspect>
          <linespacing>1.0</linespacing>
    </font>

Adjust the size, aspect and linespacing here. (It will take effect after choosing reload skin or restarting xbmc) The InfoPlot font is used on the plot description in the movie/tv listings, in the full screen plot description (pressing info from a movie listing) and also in the full screen video info display. (pressing info from a playing video) From memory it is not used anywhere else.

If you're only editing it for yourself you can't get into much trouble - just keep a backup of Font.xml. It took me quite a while to figure out what all of the various fonts tags are used for (and I may have missed one or two locations) so when changing fonts in one location in the skin you have to be wary of the same tag affecting a font elsewhere in another layout in such a way that text no longer fits or spills beyond the boundaries. Sometimes a font tag size is a compromise between two different locations in the skin.

I could have gone a little bit bigger with the plot font but I was trying to keep it looking readable yet proportionate on both a 22" bedroom TV and a 32" living room TV.

Hahaha. . The old 'that's easy to do' comment. ..hmmmm I'll let you know how it goes ?

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - pecinko - 2014-01-02

(2014-01-02, 21:19)DBMandrake Wrote: I hope my reasoning makes sense.

OK, I have pulled PR. I have made some more room for the labels as well. Please, test it out if it needs some more fine tuning.

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - DBMandrake - 2014-01-03

(2014-01-02, 23:42)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 21:19)DBMandrake Wrote: I hope my reasoning makes sense.

OK, I have pulled PR. I have made some more room for the labels as well. Please, test it out if it needs some more fine tuning.
I've installed your latest changes on both systems and at a glance the changes look good. The slightly shorter progress bar with a bit more space on either side looks better than what I had done.

A couple of unrelated things - when installing the skin via "install from zip file" I notice the following error in the xbmc log:

Code:
23:24:36 T:3040559104   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /home/pi/skin.amber-frodo-Jan-02.zip/icon.png

Not sure if that is important or not. Also I noticed the following script error occurs every time I press stop to return from movie playback to the movie list:

Code:
23:09:58 T:2914559040   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Main instance has no attribute 'RECENTITEMS_UNPLAYED'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 733, in onDatabaseUpdated
                                                self.update_listitems(database)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 637, in _update
                                                self._fetch_movies('RecentMovie')
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 168, in _fetch_movies
                                                elif request == 'RecentMovie' and self.RECENTITEMS_UNPLAYED:
                                            AttributeError: Main instance has no attribute 'RECENTITEMS_UNPLAYED'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Just to be sure it wasn't any recent changes I went back to the Dec 21 snapshot I took before making any changes and the same error still occured on both Raspbmc and Mac OS. I probably haven't noticed it before as I seldom look in the xbmc log.

Not sure if either of these is important but I thought I would mention it. Smile

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - derrgoo - 2014-01-03

Hi Guys,

How do I request a progressive bar to be added when loading because % doesn't seem to be very accurate? Is that possible?

Thanks!

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - fester88 - 2014-01-03

Hi guys,

A big thank you to pecinko and other devs for creating such an awesome skin.

I'm having problems with the Recently Added items in the Movies shelf not displaying the cover artwork. Instead, it just displays the placeholder image. The cover art for items in the shelf on TV Shows works fine, and when I switch to the Confluence skin I can see the cover art in the Movies shelf fine too.

I tried rolling back to version 1.2.6 then 1.0.9 to see if it would bring them back, but no luck. I also uninstalled Amber and installed it again but still no show.

A copy of my latest XBMC log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=104998

Any tips, suggestions and compliments on my good looks are much appreciated!

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Shoguncynic - 2014-01-03

(2014-01-03, 07:30)fester88 Wrote: Hi guys,

I'm having problems with the Recently Added items in the Movies shelf not displaying the cover artwork. Instead, it just displays the placeholder image. The cover art for items in the shelf on TV Shows works fine, and when I switch to the Confluence skin I can see the cover art in the Movies shelf fine too.

I tried rolling back to version 1.2.6 then 1.0.9 to see if it would bring them back, but no luck. I also uninstalled Amber and installed it again but still no show.

I am also having this issue.

To resolve I need to go into 'show tv/movie information' > select artwork and add the cover art to all available options
A quick restart and the cover art now shows correctly - however still a nuisance for large library collections

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - danmedhurst - 2014-01-03

Any suggestions on how i can show more recently added titles.. say increase it to 50? I don't meat he widget but the actual "Recently Added" section of the skin..

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Atinkler - 2014-01-03

(2014-01-03, 15:41)Shoguncynic Wrote:
(2014-01-03, 07:30)fester88 Wrote: Hi guys,

I am also having this issue.

To resolve I need to go into 'show tv/movie information' > select artwork and add the cover art to all available options
A quick restart and the cover art now shows correctly - however still a nuisance for large library collections

Recently started to see this. I also needed to do a refresh of media under tv show info. The refresh would bring down non local images and then a skin reload would bring them back up on the recently added bar.. Bit annoying as you say.

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Atinkler - 2014-01-03

(2014-01-03, 16:37)danmedhurst Wrote: Any suggestions on how i can show more recently added titles.. say increase it to 50? I don't meat he widget but the actual "Recently Added" section of the skin..

Something here might help?

http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=11994

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - KevinSartori - 2014-01-04

(2014-01-03, 16:37)danmedhurst Wrote: Any suggestions on how i can show more recently added titles.. say increase it to 50? I don't meat he widget but the actual "Recently Added" section of the skin..

This is one of the settings you can change in the advancedsettings.xml file. There is more information on this file and all the possible values here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Advancedsettings.xml

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - trimmtrabb - 2014-01-05

I have the opposite problem, would like to display more recently added items in the widget, seems to be limited to 10 at the moment. Any help much appreciated

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - pecinko - 2014-01-05

Amber 1.3.1 for Frodo on GitHub (Gotham version not available yet)

- lots of visual improvements
- fan art view from Quartz Reloaded
- you can use "I" or directly start playback in gallery view
- gallery is also available in Fanart view with Info
- increased size of some fonts
- non caps fonts added (default + arial)

Happy New Year! Smile

- oh.. and some speed improvements are packed in Wink

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Smultie - 2014-01-05

Great news! Happy new year to you too!

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - jiggsaw - 2014-01-06

Is disc art for movies supported?