Kodi Community Forum
Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Amber for Frodo - Support thread (/showthread.php?tid=172623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Amber for Frodo - Support thread - pecinko - 2014-01-29

(2014-01-29, 00:44)KevinSartori Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 22:28)SpaceMonkey Wrote: The default background is missing from icon and big panel views in videos section.

Does this mean that the background wasn't changed to black, it's just that the gray background isn't loading?

No, it was changed to black, as you noticed earlier.

(2014-01-29, 00:49)bigwillch Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 19:04)pecinko Wrote: Intresting. Can you guys try it on your pc? Are you all running rpi?

Seems ok on Windows. I'm running rpi as well.

Same here on mac - all OK. That seems to point that problem might be linux and/or rpi related. However, I don't have a clue why. Is there something in the debug log regarding this problem?

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - asha_man - 2014-01-29

Hi there, is it possible to enable recent shelf in movies, and just the Recommended shelf in TV shows? Currently I have both on tv shows, but only want recommended showing.

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - DBMandrake - 2014-01-29

(2014-01-29, 01:04)pecinko Wrote: Same here on mac - all OK. That seems to point that problem might be linux and/or rpi related. However, I don't have a clue why. Is there something in the debug log regarding this problem?
I can confirm that the scroll bar appears on Mac OS but not my Pi running Raspbmc. It functions but the yellow dot is invisible. I tried deleting and reinstalling, no change.

I'll check the logs tonight, my hunch is that the file name case for the yellow dot will be different in the XML files and the filesystem.

Windows and Mac OS are not case sensitive filesystems, Linux is. I have seen other case sensitive related file name errors in the log in Amber before due to different case of the file name reference in an XML file and the actual file.

What is the file name of the yellow dot's image ?

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Atinkler - 2014-01-29

DBMandrake
I was really helped by your font change the other day and tried to personalise it to my slightly smaller screen which worked great for plot but as you'll see from a post a few pages back I was hoping to find out where the font size setting is for the genre tags,ratings,years etc are above the plot. . This is for fanart view.
Can you help me out??

If you look a few pages back on this thread (or it might be the gotham one) DBMandrake told me how to change some fonts.
Also all background images are changeable. From the Amber settings.

(2014-01-28, 23:45)o007 Wrote: First of all, I want to say thank you to pecinko for this wonderful skinSmile I have been using Amber for the last couple of days, and it's really awesome.

I have just some request:
1. Would it be possible to have an option to use large font?
2. It would be great if the clock was bigger / Also, while watching a video, it'll be good to make the clock and the end time bigger.
3. Is it possible to have a weather widget?
4. The home shelf is good, but I think it would be nice to show it only when we click "up".
5. The number of items we can add to the home menu is great -- I was just wondering if it's possible to add sub-menus?
6. It would be nice to have an option to use movies and tv shows fanart as home menu backgrounds

Thank you, and keep up the good workSmile

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - pecinko - 2014-01-29

(2014-01-29, 02:43)asha_man Wrote: Hi there, is it possible to enable recent shelf in movies, and just the Recommended shelf in TV shows? Currently I have both on tv shows, but only want recommended showing.

No. Script widgets (info provider) does not support it.

(2014-01-29, 09:14)DBMandrake Wrote: Windows and Mac OS are not case sensitive filesystems, Linux is. I have seen other case sensitive related file name errors in the log in Amber before due to different case of the file name reference in an XML file and the actual file.

OSD/ScrollbarNibNF.png

It is indeed case sensitive issue, however when textures are packed inside XBT it should not be the problem. At least it wasn't until now.

EDIT: Fixed on Git.

(2014-01-29, 11:17)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 09:14)DBMandrake Wrote: Windows and Mac OS are not case sensitive filesystems, Linux is. I have seen other case sensitive related file name errors in the log in Amber before due to different case of the file name reference in an XML file and the actual file.

OSD/ScrollbarNibNF.png

It is indeed case sensitive issue, however when textures are packed inside XBT it should not be the problem. At least it wasn't until now.

EDIT: Fixed on Git.
Yes that's it. Smile

For anyone who wants a simple workaround to fix this in the mean time its not difficult. Log in at the local console or remotely by SSH.

(on raspbmc you can log into the local console by choosing Quit in XBMC then pressing ESC when it prompts. Default login / password is pi / raspberry)

You need to find and switch to the correct directory. For raspbmc:

Code:
cd /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/skin.amber/media/OSD

OpenElec or other Linux distributions will be in a different location, so you'll need to figure out where the addons directory is.

Once in this directory execute the following commands:

Code:
cp ScrollBarNibFO.png ScrollbarNibFO.png
cp ScrollBarNibNF.png ScrollbarNibNF.png

Take note if typing in by hand: this is case sensitive! Just renaming the files will not work because both upper and lower case versions are referenced in the XML files.

Then reload the skin or restart XBMC.

(If you logged into the local console on raspbmc the easiest way to restart xbmc is to simply type "sudo reboot" to do a clean reboot - don't just switch off)

Fix tested and working on raspbmc. Smile

(2014-01-29, 12:34)DBMandrake Wrote: For anyone who wants a simple workaround to fix this in the mean time its not difficult. Log in at the local console or remotely by SSH.

(on raspbmc you can log into the local console by choosing Quit in XBMC then pressing ESC when it prompts. Default login / password is pi / raspberry)

You need to find and switch to the correct directory. For raspbmc:

Code:
cd /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/skin.amber/media/OSD

OpenElec or other Linux distributions will be in a different location, so you'll need to figure out where the addons directory is.

Once in this directory execute the following commands:

Code:
cp ScrollBarNibFO.png ScrollbarNibFO.png
cp ScrollBarNibNF.png ScrollbarNibNF.png

Take note if typing in by hand: this is case sensitive! Just renaming the files will not work because both upper and lower case versions are referenced in the XML files.

Then reload the skin or restart XBMC.

(If you logged into the local console on raspbmc the easiest way to restart xbmc is to simply type "sudo reboot" to do a clean reboot - don't just switch off)

Fix tested and working on raspbmc. Smile

NOTE 1: You should only need to do this if you installed from GIT. If you installed from XBMC repo skin textures will be packed (and missing scrollbar problem should not affect you) and you can't do rename. If you installed/updated skin from XBMC repository, have packed textures and missing scrollbar problem is there - re-download skin from GIT as it has been fixed there.

(2014-01-29, 09:37)Atinkler Wrote: DBMandrake
I was really helped by your font change the other day and tried to personalise it to my slightly smaller screen which worked great for plot but as you'll see from a post a few pages back I was hoping to find out where the font size setting is for the genre tags,ratings,years etc are above the plot. . This is for fanart view.
Can you help me out??
The quick answer is I don't know the answer to your question.

When I was tweaking the fonts I had to manually figure out which font was used in what locations, mainly by making the font temporarily very large and looking for changes. This is very time consuming. I also grepped the font names in the xml files to get an idea of where they were used but as Amber is not my design I still only have a very sketchy idea of where things are or how they work.

Unfortunately I can't remember which font tags did what now and don't have the time to go in and figure it all out again. I don't recall making a specific change to the fonts in the fan art view which means it must share fonts with other views.

(2014-01-29, 12:55)pecinko Wrote: NOTE 1: You should only need to do this if you installed from GIT. If you installed from XBMC repo skin textures will be packed (and missing scrollbar problem should not affect you) and you can't do rename. If you installed/updated skin from XBMC repository, have packed textures and missing scrollbar problem is there - re-download skin from GIT as it has been fixed there.
Are you sure ?

On my Raspberry Pi I switched to Confluence, un-installed all traces of Amber (skin.amber folder removed) and installed Amber through the normal XBMC repository mechanism ("get more" in appearance) and the problem is there, and the png files are present as separate files as I described. I've just un-installed and re-installed again to double check, and applied my fix again successfully.

What files should be present if the textures are packed ? Perhaps the repo copy of Amber is not packed, or it is being unpacked when installed on a Raspberry Pi ?

Edit: I just did a full un-install and fresh install of Amber through the XBMC repo on Windows 7 and the same discrete files are present in OSD, does this mean the repo version of Amber is not packed as it should be ? That might explain why the case sensitivity issue has only just been noticed.

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - popcornmix - 2014-01-29

@pecinko
Is it possible to allow context menu on recent/recommended shelf items?
Sometimes I want to bring up info or use the "play using...." option.

Amber for Frodo - Support thread - pecinko - 2014-01-29

(2014-01-29, 14:11)popcornmix Wrote: @pecinko
Is it possible to allow context menu on recent/recommended shelf items?
Sometimes I want to bring up info or use the "play using...." option.

I think contex menu is disabled on home. Info can be added (already in my queue).

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Atinkler - 2014-01-29

No worries DBMandrake Thanks for coming back to me.
Pecinko don't suppose you have some notes hanging around telling you what each font is do you :-)

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - bigwillch - 2014-01-30

(2014-01-29, 10:46)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 02:43)asha_man Wrote: Hi there, is it possible to enable recent shelf in movies, and just the Recommended shelf in TV shows? Currently I have both on tv shows, but only want recommended showing.

No. Script widgets (info provider) does not support it.

On this note. I just did an experiment whereby I commented out line 109 in Includes_Shelf_Contents.xml, and then reloaded the skin. This hid the recommended movies but kept the random ones. I don't know enough about the theming system but would it be possible to wrap those includes in some kind of conditional statement based on a boolean value set in theme settings or similar?

The line I commented out was:
<include condition="SubString(Window(Home).Property(SkinWidgets_Recommended),t,left)">RecommendedMovieContent</include>

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Levi59 - 2014-01-30

Updated by xbmc update manager has not corrected the problem (apparently always the same version).

So I tried the patch of DBMandrake, and the issue of scrollbar is fixed, however there is always a point that bothers me with the view "list" when I navigate to the folder of the seasons of a series. The small symbol "seen / not seen" no longer appears and I find it annoying especially on big series like NCIS or Stargate SG-1.

Will has a new setting for that?

RE: Amber for Frodo - Support thread - pecinko - 2014-01-30

(2014-01-30, 01:47)bigwillch Wrote: the random ones. I don't know enough about the theming system but would it be possible to wrap those includes in some kind of conditional statement based on a boolean value set in theme settings or similar?

Ohh, I did not say it is impossible. Sure, you can make a skin setting for it.

Then you end up with a settings inside script.widgets + another set of (same) options in a skin. I can see support questions

- why are there similar settings for the same thing?
- I enabled it in skin settings but it does not work?
- I enabled it in widgets but I'm still out of luck?