Kodi Community Forum
Amber for Frodo - Support thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Amber for Frodo - Support thread (/showthread.php?tid=172623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Amber - Support thread - pecinko - 2013-09-14

(2013-09-14, 17:57)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: OK, that's really good.

So why is mine taking so long....?

I'm using mac mini but toiva reported his mac mini is taking as long as 8 seconds to populate recently added and recommended items.

RE: Amber - Support thread - pecinko - 2013-09-14

(2013-09-14, 18:18)Dilligaf Wrote: Checking out Amber and it's looking good. One thing missing is in the EPG Timeline view can the highlighted show info be shown at the top of the screen? There's already a blank space for it.

Yup, that makes sense.

RE: Amber - Support thread - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-09-14

(2013-09-14, 19:16)pecinko Wrote: I'm using mac mini but toiva reported his mac mini is taking as long as 8 seconds to populate recently added and recommended items.

Interesting.....

I don't think I'll bother with FRODO till I get a proper HTPC as it's now my third unsuccessful attempt at upgrading from eden.

The ATV2 just isn't man enough to run FRODO.

RE: Amber - Support thread - pecinko - 2013-09-14

(2013-09-14, 21:14)TH3 M0L3 Wrote:
(2013-09-14, 19:16)pecinko Wrote: I'm using mac mini but toiva reported his mac mini is taking as long as 8 seconds to populate recently added and recommended items.

Interesting.....

I don't think I'll bother with FRODO till I get a proper HTPC as it's now my third unsuccessful attempt at upgrading from eden.

The ATV2 just isn't man enough to run FRODO.

If you uninstall script.widgets Home screen will appear immediately but you won't have recently added items until I make a fix for this issue. No ETA, though. Other skin functions will be untouched.

RE: Amber - Support thread - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-09-14

Quote:If you uninstall script.widgets Home screen will appear immediately but you won't have recently added items until I make a fix for this issue. No ETA, though. Other skin functions will be untouched.

I was getting similar results with confluence, only it was about 90 seconds. Then video playback crashed xbmc, so that was the proverbial straw.

Thanks for your insight though, and keep up the good work. I'll be sure to use this skin when I eventually sort my HTPC out.

RE: Amber - Support thread - JonSpotts - 2013-09-14

Hey, I love the theme I have been using it on about three different machines two of which are raspberry pi, it is the fastest loading them I have found and it looks amazing as well!

I have been trying my hardest to setup multi image background using the already scrapped fanart images for the Movie page and Tv page on the home screen, I cannot seem to find a way to do this so I have been adding images manually to a folder and doing it that was. Does anyone know of a way to do this easily and automatically, and also it would be a great addition to the theme if there was a toggle to use already scrapped images, along with the single image and multi image toggle.

The end result I am wanting is for the images to scroll thru the fanart of the movies and tv shows that I have in my library already.

RE: Amber - Support thread - bigheeed - 2013-09-15

Hey Guys,
I'm trying to add a new menu item for Music Videos rather than having them under 'concerts' in the video tab.
I can add the menu but then I'm stuck on how to link that to anything? Do i need to create a playlist or edit some of the skin files as per other skins?
Thanks for any help.

Amber - Support thread - pecinko - 2013-09-15

(2013-09-15, 10:17)bigheeed Wrote: Hey Guys,
I'm trying to add a new menu item for Music Videos rather than having them under 'concerts' in the video tab.
I can add the menu but then I'm stuck on how to link that to anything? Do i need to create a playlist or edit some of the skin files as per other skins?
Thanks for any help.

If you don't like concerts use clips instead?

(2013-09-15, 10:53)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-09-15, 10:17)bigheeed Wrote: Hey Guys,
Thanks for any help.

If you don't like concerts use clips instead?

When i scrape them they only appear in concerts and not in clips... I'm not sure how i would get them into that sub menu...
But i was more thinking trying to get them as a main menu item but other than adding Music Videos as a main menu item i can't work out how to add any content to that menu!

Thanks

RE: Amber - Support thread - pecinko - 2013-09-15

Concerts - poster thumbs
Clips - square thumbs

When you scan music videos to library, it will appear under Videos section. Find it and use context menu to add it to favourites. Assign that favourites to main menu.

(2013-09-15, 11:40)pecinko Wrote: Concerts - poster thumbs
Clips - square thumbs

When you scan music videos to library, it will appear under Videos section. Find it and use context menu to add it to favourites. Assign that favourites to main menu.

Thanks that's great! I was assigning the new menu to No Action because i hadn't Favorited anything... oops all good now!

RE: Amber - Support thread - Dilligaf - 2013-09-15

I don't THINK this is too hard but I'm not a skinner so I don't know. There has been huge progress in using Windows Media Center as a PVR backend, thread here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171216&pid=1507344#pid1507344 There are 2 skin files included with the client that need to be dropped into the skin 720p folder in order to do series recording. The included files are for Confluence and almost work if dropped into the Amber 1080i folder but the OK/Cancel buttons don't show. What I'm looking for is someone to modify the files to work with Amber and either have them included in the skin or I can probably get them included in the client. You can download the client here https://googledrive.com/host/0ByNnAMYBoWvfTk8tRWJXYko1T2c/builds/pvr.wmc-windows-1009.zip the files are in the Resources folder. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help out with this.

RE: Amber - Support thread - calhaus - 2013-09-15

(2013-09-14, 12:05)pecinko Wrote: Here's a result from my system

PHP Code:
11:59:57 T:2957651968   DEBUGSkin Widgetsscript version 0.0.27 started
:59:57 T:2957651968   DEBUGSkin WidgetsTotal time needed to request recommended queries0:00:00.654201
:59:58 T:2957651968   DEBUGSkin WidgetsTotal time needed to request recent items queries0:00:00.795806
:59:58 T:2957651968   DEBUGSkin WidgetsTotal time needed for all queries0:00:01.450189 

That's for 320 Movies, 30 Shows, 922 episodes

The time depends. For example on computer, first time i've open xbmc it takes a few seconds, but after they are in buffer and if i open xbmc it's instantaneous. On raspberry, it takes way more time, but at least when home shows up everything shows up and everything is working properly (not like before with the timer).

Maybe a solution, is a mix of what was before and what is now. Instead of home.xml with skin widgets working are both loaded at the same time after SkinWidgets_Running is set to true,
->Maybe you can let Home.xml be loaded right up, and when SkinWidgets_Running state is set to true, you can set a skin refresh action.

At least before, with the timer, on raspberry i had to refresh it manually or set a big timer, but even in the time before that refresh, home.xml and other menus seemed to work fine and more or less fluid. Dunno if this can be set like this in startup.xml or if it's an option or if will work as good as i think, but it can be a good option for users like the guy with the big database on a server and where skin widgets take a big time to load, we'll have home right away on boot without selfs and when everything else is ready (in 1 second or 3 minutes depending on SkinWidgets_Running) it will refresh automatically to show up everything...

RE: Amber - Support thread - pecinko - 2013-09-15

(2013-09-15, 18:23)Dilligaf Wrote: I don't THINK this is too hard but I'm not a skinner so I don't know. There has been huge progress in using Windows Media Center as a PVR backend, thread here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171216&pid=1507344#pid1507344 There are 2 skin files included with the client that need to be dropped into the skin 720p folder in order to do series recording. The included files are for Confluence and almost work if dropped into the Amber 1080i folder but the OK/Cancel buttons don't show. What I'm looking for is someone to modify the files to work with Amber and either have them included in the skin or I can probably get them included in the client. You can download the client here https://googledrive.com/host/0ByNnAMYBoWvfTk8tRWJXYko1T2c/builds/pvr.wmc-windows-1009.zip the files are in the Resources folder. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help out with this.

Send a screenshots of those 2 windows. Also try making 720 folder and putting them there.

RE: Amber - Support thread - Dilligaf - 2013-09-15

Tried 720p folder, it doesn't work. Here's a screenshot of when a series is selected, a new window should open but with Amber the top of the screen fills in but there's no ok/cancel boxes https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30655053/screenshot000.png