Kodi Community Forum
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Game support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=292)
+--- Thread: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus) (/showthread.php?tid=173361)

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - garbear - 2018-06-08

(2018-06-08, 07:17)ghizzu Wrote: And this is me making crackles:
https://pastebin.com/W2sZhPeY

In the log:
Code:
07:01:13.061 T:6128 DEBUG: RetroPlayer[AUDIO]: Initializing audio
07:01:13.061 T:6128 INFO: RetroPlayer[AUDIO]: Creating audio stream, sample rate = 32040
07:01:13.123 T:2852 DEBUG: CAESinkDirectSound::Initialize: Initializing DirectSound with the following parameters:
07:01:13.123 T:2852 DEBUG: Sample Rate : 44100

The emulator is requesting a samplerate of 32040 Hz, but Kodi only handles 32000 and 44100, so it defaults to 44100. This is causing the underruns you hear.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - ghizzu - 2018-06-08

I see. It's not a big deal, really, just a minor nuisance, but there is not a way to fix it, resampling, maybe?

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - ghizzu - 2018-06-08

On a positive note, I want to say that Retroplayer, once the last bugs are ironed out, has the potential to become the best game system ever. With the cores that work, and they are the majority, gameplay is already smooth, maybe smoother than Retroarch, definitively smoother than Kodi+Retroarch (external emulators seem don't like Kodi running in background and you have to close it, or at least minimize it). With addons like IARL and AEL, and once Player Manager is on board, and with a cool interface like Kodi has, this program will become unbeatable. On behalf of all Kodi users, I have to say thanks to garbear and to all Kodi developers.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - garbear - 2018-06-15

New round of test builds are up! Windows builds are posted, and I'll add OSX and Android x64 tonight.

Ready to have your prayers answered? Black screen is fixed! Audio crackle is still present, I'm working on it.

Two new features have been added to the Settings menu of the in-game OSD:

* Advanced settings - open libretro core's add-on settings
* Rotation - rotate the game's video

I usually just list features and fixes in the release notes, but it's worth noting that RetroPlayer has been significantly improved in the last two weeks. I rewrote audio and video handling based on a generic "stream" abstraction. I also rewrote the geometry math to handle both stretching and rotation at the same time:

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - garbear - 2018-06-15

Just tested the latest builds and audio crackling is no more! special thanks to GTechAlpha and his timing patch.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - ghizzu - 2018-06-16

Agreed, this build is almost perfect! I need some more time to test it, though, and I'll report my impressions later

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - ghizzu - 2018-06-17

Ok, there are some little issues, some are new, some are old:

1) TyrQuake crashes Kodi (log here). And there are random crashes with some cores, like QuickNes or PCSX. I have the feeling that somehow these crashes are related with Retroplayer restoring a saved game, but I can't put my finger on it.
2) Gamepads. Retroplayer doesn't recognize my bluetooth one (but Kodi does). With an USB wireless gamepad, some cores works well (like GenesisPlus, Nestopia, Snes9x) while others don't see the pad at all (both PCEs, PCSX, NeoGeoPocket). MAME and FBAlpha emulate the D-Pad with the analog stick, that could be quite annoying.

All in all, though, a great build. Smooth, both audio and video-wise. But how can you enable the shaders?

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - Julipo - 2018-06-17

Some build ago, incluiding this one, when you click in a ".zip" Kodi crashes.

Month ago this worked (only that one cores have support and others not)

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - garbear - 2018-06-17

(2018-06-17, 14:58)ghizzu Wrote: 1) TyrQuake crashes Kodi (log here). And there are random crashes with some cores, like QuickNes or PCSX. I have the feeling that somehow these crashes are related with Retroplayer restoring a saved game, but I can't put my finger on it.

TyrQuake is crashing because the Controller Topology Project requires strict adherence to the libretro API. The crash exactly parallels this issue where the cores tries to access memory before it's initialized. Here, after loading TyrQuake but before loading the game, we connect the controller. However, TyrQuake doesn't call Memory_Init() until the game is loaded, and crashes when we attempt to plug in the controller.

Debug logs from the other cores would be helpful. You can usually tell it's an input issue when joystick stuff is the last logged before the crash.

Like FCEUmm, TyrQuake needs to be patched to not crash when a controller is plugged in before loading the game (allowed by the libretro API).
(2018-06-17, 14:58)ghizzu Wrote: 2) Gamepads. Retroplayer doesn't recognize my bluetooth one (but Kodi does). With an USB wireless gamepad, some cores works well (like GenesisPlus, Nestopia, Snes9x) while others don't see the pad at all (both PCEs, PCSX, NeoGeoPocket). MAME and FBAlpha emulate the D-Pad with the analog stick, that could be quite annoying.

You need to map the controller to the system being emulated. Access Input Settings from the in-game OSD settings. It is my goal to fully automate configuration by release.
(2018-06-17, 14:58)ghizzu Wrote: But how can you enable the shaders?

In-game OSD -> Settings -> Video Filters

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - garbear - 2018-06-17

(2018-06-17, 15:54)Julipo Wrote: Some build ago, incluiding this one, when you click in a ".zip" Kodi crashes.

Month ago this worked (only that one cores have support and others not)

I'll look into this. A debug log would be helpful, as I can't reproduce the crash (I get a different error).

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - gnaag - 2018-06-18

Hi, are you planning to post binary addons for libreelec anytime soon? I just want to know when to prepare for the next round of testing Smile

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - AcidZero - 2018-06-18

Sorry if the question already ask.
Is it possible to run the Mupen64 on x86/64 Linux ?

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - garbear - 2018-06-18

(2018-06-18, 15:25)gnaag Wrote: Hi, are you planning to post binary addons for libreelec anytime soon? I just want to know when to prepare for the next round of testing Smile

The guy who should be building these is reading this post Wink He's been working on VideoPlayer the last few months. I suspect when he returns to RP development they will get built. I don't care because he's kicking so much ass, but the good news is when they're up you'll return to a much better RetroPlayer than however many months ago.

(2018-06-18, 18:54)AcidZero Wrote: Sorry if the question already ask.
Is it possible to run the Mupen64 on x86/64 Linux ?

No, but we're close.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - garbear - 2018-06-22

Official alpha 2 build came out yesterday. I've rebased RetroPlayer on this release and popped out another round of builds.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Leia) - KOPRajs - 2018-06-23

(2018-03-02, 23:19)garbear Wrote:
(2018-03-02, 10:06)KOPRajs Wrote: Please consider adding a toggle for the "autosave" feature. Probably should be in the same place as the "rewind" support.
K, I can add this setting for now. However, this leads to "settings fatigue", so in the long term once the Saved Game Manager is ready, we'll have to make it smart enough to know what to save and what not to. 
Is there already a way to disable the autosave feature? I believe this is a kind of option that is going to be useful even with the Save Manager in place. It might be hidden under the Expert mode if you think it leads to "settings fatigue".

Also I'd like to ask where can we follow the development? Is everything already merged to upstream Kodi?