Kodi Community Forum
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Game support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=292)
+--- Thread: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus) (/showthread.php?tid=173361)

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds - garbear - 2014-05-13

I added a readme to https://github.com/garbear/repository.libretro . Apologies for the large repo size. In the near future I'll squash everything and it'll bring the size quite a bit

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds - Astharoth - 2014-05-14

That means we can make the process and manually install the addons just to give a try to the new version? (i just built it yesterday) Smile

I've two pads who report dpad as axis and latest was not working for me (and i already saw was a know bug) Smile

Cheers and keep up.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds - garbear - 2014-05-14

yes, until the script generates the addons they must be created manually. once we have add-ons, i'll upload some binaries and openelec images that ppl can try out

I'm about halfway done re-writing the joystick api, so it should be easier to diagnose and debug issues when everything is in place.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds - Astharoth - 2014-05-14

Nah, dont worry. I've a long experience as a developer, so if i've time, i can make the mix just to try it and even, like i currently setup the build environment for it, check / change and debug if needed.
Btw, for the record , libretro-picdrive is unable to build because the "static inline" define should be "static __inline" for msvc210 target

#ifndef STRICTINLINE
#define STRICTINLINE static inline
#endif

should be
#ifndef STRICTINLINE
#ifdef MSVC
#define STRICTINLINE static __inline
#else
#define STRICTINLINE static inline
#endif
#endif

or something like (because when msvc is targeting .c files expect __inline)

Only two functions on ym2612.c affected

static __inline void refresh_fc_eg_slot(FM_SLOT *SLOT, int fc, int kc)
static __inline UINT32 update_eg_phase(FM_SLOT *SLOT, UINT32 eg_cnt)

Cheers!

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds - da-anda - 2014-05-14

@garbear - will new joystick API allow for different button mappings depending on the used emulator?

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds - OmniBlade - 2014-05-14

Also, will it support hotplug and autoconfig like retroarch does if we have keymaps for the controllers we might like to use?

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds - Atarian - 2014-05-14

(2014-05-14, 15:14)da-anda Wrote: @garbear - will new joystick API allow for different button mappings depending on the used emulator?

(2014-05-14, 16:56)OmniBlade Wrote: Also, will it support hotplug and autoconfig like retroarch does if we have keymaps for the controllers we might like to use?

I'm also curious about this. I'd like to be able to use a wiimote, and 360 controller. I'm also gearing up to gut some old NES and SNES controllers and add bluetooth hardware to them. Would be great if I could use them without remapping every time.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds - dyslecix - 2014-05-14

When I try to install another emulator it says Downloading 0% for a split second and goes away. It wont let me download and emulators. I did manage to install SNES_9x when i first installed it. Can someone help me out? I tried to d/l several and the same thing happens.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds - dyslecix - 2014-05-14

Hi, I would like to setup my SNES Tomee USB Controller with Retroplayer.. Here's a log.. Also when I press Z it does not change the aspect ratio (Tried during log). It also crashed at the end, not sure if there is any info in the log. had to press power button on pc to shutdown. Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/L9YZ8usM

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds - garbear - 2014-05-15

(2014-05-14, 21:50)dyslecix Wrote: When I try to install another emulator it says Downloading 0% for a split second and goes away. It wont let me download and emulators. I did manage to install SNES_9x when i first installed it. Can someone help me out? I tried to d/l several and the same thing happens.

I have taken down all emulators. Until the new build system is done, they can be found in the archives and will need to be installed manually. Sorry to break things, but due to the shiny new Game API in RetroPlayer Gotham, as well as many changes to libretro's build system, my custom python-based buildsystem needs to be re-written. The good news is that this is 95% done. When I reach 100%, the new emulators will be uploaded and I'll put out retroplayer binaries for all to test. This will probably happen this weekend.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds - garbear - 2014-05-15

(2014-05-14, 15:03)Astharoth Wrote: Nah, dont worry. I've a long experience as a developer, so if i've time, i can make the mix just to try it and even, like i currently setup the build environment for it, check / change and debug if needed.
Btw, for the record , libretro-picdrive is unable to build because the "static inline" define should be "static __inline" for msvc210 target

Nice find, Astharoth. Can you report this upstream? https://github.com/libretro/picodrive

(2014-05-14, 15:14)da-anda Wrote: @garbear - will new joystick API allow for different button mappings depending on the used emulator?

No. however, this needs to happen. I'll try to build this into the in-progress joystick api re-write.

(2014-05-14, 16:56)OmniBlade Wrote: Also, will it support hotplug and autoconfig like retroarch does if we have keymaps for the controllers we might like to use?

don't controllers already hotplug in xbmc? configuration of controllers isnt changing (until per-emulator config is implemented)

(2014-05-14, 17:11)Atarian Wrote: I'm also curious about this. I'd like to be able to use a wiimote, and 360 controller. I'm also gearing up to gut some old NES and SNES controllers and add bluetooth hardware to them. Would be great if I could use them without remapping every time.

Your bluetooth project sounds really cool. Keep us informed when you start making some progress!

(2014-05-14, 22:47)dyslecix Wrote: Hi, I would like to setup my SNES Tomee USB Controller with Retroplayer.. Here's a log.. Also when I press Z it does not change the aspect ratio (Tried during log). It also crashed at the end, not sure if there is any info in the log. had to press power button on pc to shutdown. Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/L9YZ8usM

XBMC isn't detecting the controller. do you have drivers installed? does this controller work on other apps? The crash looks like a bug in how we handle certain libretro calls. This should be fixed with the new Game API in RetroPlayer Gotham.

Re: RetroPlayer Test Builds - brucem - 2014-05-15

Sorry for dumb q: how do I get retroplayer into Gotham? And how do I then get the emulators in? Is there a readme?

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds - MasterPhW - 2014-05-15

Wait for the release, as it has been stated multiple times in the very posts just before your question...

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds - OmniBlade - 2014-05-15

Currently you need to build it from source from garbear's git repo, then build the libreto cores and addon.xml files for them, bundle them up correctly in a zip and install them as though they were addons.

Re: RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds - brucem - 2014-05-15

(2014-05-15, 15:57)OmniBlade Wrote: Currently you need to build it from source from garbear's git repo, then build the libreto cores and addon.xml files for them, bundle them up correctly in a zip and install them as though they were addons.

Thanks Omni Blade, helpful
MasterPhW - having a tough day? You want to talk about it?