Kodi Community Forum
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Game support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=292)
+--- Thread: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus) (/showthread.php?tid=173361)

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - peppe_sr - 2014-08-06

searched on google "XBMC Setup-20140526-a4b0f22-retroplayer-13.exe" had only two results
the topic on the forum and an ftp address with this alpha13
Peppe

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - d3mncln3r - 2014-08-07

How will the upcoming rebranding affect this project? I assume not significantly, but is this a hassle for the developers?

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - n1md4 - 2014-08-09

OK. So there's always 1 with a stupid question, and this time it's mine Big Grin On an incredibly rough scale, of say 1-10; with 1 being just started, and 10 being a fully developed addon or integration, where is the RetroPlayer project currently?

No string length references! Wink

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - Mettbrot - 2014-08-09

With 10 beeing pulled into master its probably around 6-7. The core seems ready, save states come once its in. The new joystick api is the next on the list I guess and then there are several GL GPU functions missing for more advanced emulators like mupen64plus. (I don't know if this will be part of the first pull into master) Once the pull is done every other developer can review it and suggest improvements so: Its still gonna take a while Tongue

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - n1md4 - 2014-08-09

I'm good at the patient game, and a 6.5/10 is not bad Smile Thanks.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - Megatron - 2014-08-09

Do you think it will make in time for Helix?

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - Tassadar - 2014-08-09

Hi all,

I've install "XBMC Setup-20140526-a4b0f22-retroplayer-13.exe" and ROMs works great from RCB. The issue is that doing this I have XBMC 13.0 and not 13.1. I've try installing 13.1 and then I can't play the ROMs since retroplayer seems to be missing.

My question is: How can I have retroplayer on XBMC 13.1 and the future 13.2? I've look for some kind of installer or addon able to be installed on 13.1 but I found nothing

I hope someone can lend me a hand.

Many thanks in advance

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - MasterPhW - 2014-08-10

There's no XBMC retroplayer build available with 13.1/.2 as a shared codebase, 509dbd9 has been rebased on 13.1 but never compiled for windows.
There is and never will be any kind of addon, to make retroplayer compatible with XBMC, it needs to be compiled INTO XBMC to work.
But the aim for the future is to completely imlement retroplayer and all its functions into XBMC at a later release (HELIX has been plannend, but since the name change to Kodi, it seems like that will be a fast release and neither Heimdall nor Retroplayer will make their way into the master codebranch...).

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - Tassadar - 2014-08-10

Many thanks for your answer, MasterPhW,

I've download a zip called "xbmc-retroplayer-13.1", made a fresh 13.1 install and copied it in the C:\Users\user\Appdata\Roaming\XBMC folder, but a had a message saying it was not compatible.

I've also download this [url="https://github.com/garbear/repository.libretro]repository.libretro-master[/url] but I don't understand the instructions and can't make it work.

I really would like to have it on 13.1, is there any way to? No matter if I have to compile or something, if someone can let me know the steps I have to follow....

Regards and thanks in advance

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - Mettbrot - 2014-08-10

Its all on the wiki. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Compile_for_Windows Except for the XBMC master branch you pull the retro player branch from garbears repository. Be careful to select the correct one. I don't know if retroplayer13 is still the latest. Good luck

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - tdhz77 - 2014-08-31

Did I miss where retroplayer doesn't support n64 yet? Or do I need to compile/grab something? thanks.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - OmniBlade - 2014-09-01

You did, N64 needs opengl extensions to the libretro api that Garbear hasn't implemented yet.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - ErAzOr2k - 2014-10-06

Any plans to create new build with newest openelec version?
thank!

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - Scr3wdriv3r - 2014-11-07

Hi all,

I recently bought a Pivos Xios XS (specs: http://www.overclockers.com/pivos-xios-xs-review) which is originally an Android based box. However, I preferred to run a Linux based version on it due to the TOFU/XBMC on Android is not yet on a level that I need it to. This Linux XBMC is built by Hydra, but it is a unsupported version because Pivos chose to go Android all the way, so unfortunately I am having trouble getting some support for it when it comes to (casual) gaming.

I have read a lot on how to do this, and got as far as installing Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser, but this RetroPlayer and RetroArch do not come easy when you are unfamiliar with both Linux as XBMC.

Of what I understand, RetroPlayer/RetroArch must be something magical, I do not have to compile emulators (tried to do that as well, but needless to say this was no success), but it is pack of emulators? Or at least makes it easy to start a rom using Advanced Launcer?

If someone could please help with:
- which version do I need (I know it is an ARM cpu, and it runs a Gotham 13.2 version made by Hydra, and it is Linux based)
- what are the main install steps (install from zip, choose rom and go?)
- is RetroPlayer the only thing I need to install, or also Libretro or other things?

Edit:
XBMC Linux Firmware Release #: the-hydra-xbmc-Linux-XIOS-XS-gotham-13-2-mk2-20141017
Revision Date: 20141017 - Feature Linux MX 3.0.101 kernel

Edit2: Just red this entire topic again, and see mentioning about Raspberry PI, here there is mentioning of it being 'ARM' as well, and this is not working on it? Also think I got a bit more comprehension of what RetroArch/Player is. Am I correct to say that:

- RetroArch is a version of XBMC, added the ability to play games easily?
- RetroPlayer is a add-on that can be added to compatible XBMC versions?

I am willing to remove the Linux XBMC from Hydra for a RetroArch/OpenELEC version if possible. But if it is, how to do this? When installing this version I cleaned the Android version, and through a recovery screen I could simply install the update.img that is Hydra's build.

Edit3: If no RetroArch/Player for my box, am I correct to understand this might be interesting: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202061&highlight=retro (Ignition Kickstarter for PI)

Thanks a million for helping me to understand this!

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Gotham) - bilalsbz - 2014-11-10

is there any way to install it on ubuntu 14.04 Huh