Kodi Community Forum
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Game support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=292)
+--- Thread: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus) (/showthread.php?tid=173361)

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - charlie0440 - 2016-01-02

New OpenElec build with added MAME, bSNES Mercury "Balanced", bSNES Mercury "Performance", Snes9x and Snes9x Next

OpenElec https://github.com/CharlieMarshall/OpenELEC.tv/commits/retroplayer-bk2 commit ae51b0cb
Kodi - https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/commits/retroplayer-15.2 commit 6e52a288

Issues should be the same as those listed in post 1, also the analogue stick on my Xbox 360 controller is not working for me on n64 games.

download here

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - a1rwulf - 2016-01-02

can you post a debug log?
I've just tried your OE build and analog stick works fine for n64.

EDIT: I used my legacy buttonmap. Maybe that's the issue.
EDIT2: Sorry update failed - testing the wrong OE version -.-

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - N3MIS15 - 2016-01-02

Thanks Charlie, your builds are appreciated.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - grumpygamer - 2016-01-02

Yup! Very much appreciated!
Can anyone confirm or deny that opening remotely stored roms on a smb share does not work(at least for SMC files)?

@grumpygamer check your other thread

Ha! I had checked only a few minutes before everyone else posted!

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - a1rwulf - 2016-01-02

@charlie0440 I can reproduce the issue with the analog stick now.
Unfortunately I can't fix it easily and will have to start from scratch on my linux machine.

@charlie0440. Your latest build has broken controllers in game for me. They trigger kodi functions (like menu) rather than controlling the game. Reverting to your last build has my controllers working in game again..

Charlie's builds are the only ones that have the emulator choice pop-up menu show up when selecting a rom

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - charlie0440 - 2016-01-02

(2016-01-02, 18:56)a1rwulf Wrote: @charlie0440 I can reproduce the issue with the analog stick now.
Unfortunately I can't fix it easily and will have to start from scratch on my linux machine.

Glad you found the issue. Shame its not an easy fix. Will be greatly appreciated if you manage to fix it. n64 is my favourite platform for retroplayer

(2016-01-02, 19:10)N3MIS15 Wrote: @charlie0440. Your latest build has broken controllers in game for me. They trigger kodi functions (like menu) rather than controlling the game. Reverting to your last build has my controllers working in game again..

I noticed something similar. Some, but not all, platforms the controller just controlled kodi, ie pause, back etc. This to me seemed to be for the snes9x, snes9x-next emulators. I also noticed that now that MAME is included in these builds I expected to have MAME as a controller GUI option (old screenshot but you get the idea).

I may know the cause of the controller issue. It might have been the way I build the files (or shortcutted the build process on the new cores, but saying that, MAME works with my controller)

Also the "get more" button on the above screen does not work:

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - a1rwulf - 2016-01-03

note that controllers are also implemented as addons.
hou need a controller for every platform otherwise it will fall back to the default controller.
the default controller controls kodi, so I think you are right, this is most likely your problem.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - charlie0440 - 2016-01-03

It's odd that the controller works for beetle snes but not for snes9x as they are the same platform.

I was playing with the playstation reared last night. Some games work perfectly. Others the controllers worked through the menu and stopped working

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - grumpygamer - 2016-01-03

it also works for MAME

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - garbear - 2016-01-04

See the Porting libretro cores to Kodi thread. Apologies for the amount of text, but section 2 (and the post it links to) should explain the entire system. This should help track down the problem.

(2016-01-02, 21:40)charlie0440 Wrote: Also the "get more" button on the above screen does not work:

This does nothing if there are no uninstalled controllers. Not showing an error dialog (or greying the button) is a bug, but it's difficult interfacing with the poor existing code so I might need some help on this.
(2016-01-01, 14:15)bibi Wrote: I just tested your last build, i get the same issue. Wonder if it isnt because my roms are on a nfs share...
Will try again this afternoon

See the libretro core matrix at http://kodi.wiki/view/Game_add-ons . The VFS column refers to the "Virtual File System", which is all sources that are on remote shares. If the add-on doesn't support VFS, then ROMs can't be played from an NFS share.

What if we cached cores locally? Then these cores would be able to play it.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - User 55003 - 2016-01-04

(2016-01-03, 13:50)charlie0440 Wrote: It's odd that the controller works for beetle snes but not for snes9x as they are the same platform.

The snes9x and snes9x-next cores seem to be missing the ../resources/buttonmap.xml.
I just copied the resources folder from the beetle-bsnes core to the snes9x and snes9x-next cores and they seem to working ok now.