Kodi Community Forum
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Game support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=292)
+--- Thread: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus) (/showthread.php?tid=173361)

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - GOOCHY - 2016-01-21

(2016-01-19, 00:11)flipside101 Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 22:59)garbear Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 20:06)lrusak Wrote: I currently have the same issue on my RPi2. I'll ask garbear what he needs to look into it.

Debug logs please.

(2016-01-18, 01:41)longelf Wrote: The only issue I had was when playing a game, then pressing the Guide button to pause the game and switch back to Kodi, I couldn't navigate in Kodi any longer until I had quit the game entirely. To do that, I had to use the Tab key on the keyboard to regain functionality for the keyboard cursor keys. Once I had selected the Stop icon and pressed Enter, I could control Kodi again.

I'll look into this.

(2016-01-18, 16:33)longelf Wrote: Got ahead of myself slightly there, it seems the volume controls aren't working as expected in Yatse. Mute works fine, the volume up and down keys do bring up the volume slider on screen, but do not actually adjust the volume at all.

This should be fixed in the next round of builds.

(2016-01-18, 17:53)Mettbrot Wrote: I just tried OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-retroplayer-20160118045753-r21784-gda8c8a0.tar and had a few freezes with it: http://sprunge.us/QAAD and http://sprunge.us/aOLM

It looks like those freezes are in Mupen64. N64 support is still highly experimental. Can you try different plugins in Mupen64's add-on settings?

(2016-01-18, 17:53)Mettbrot Wrote: Also the input configuration is quite bumpy: When I want to start setting up the N64 controller layout I press "Enter" on the keyboard it always skips the A button (as if I pressed enter twice). Same goes for "X" on the PS3 controller.
When I managed to set it up somewhat properly and I start a game in mupen64plus I cannot use the set controls since kodi reacts to them as if I was in video mode or something.

I can't reproduce this since the erratic behavior went away. Is it still an issue? Can you post a debug log?

(2016-01-18, 19:41)flipside101 Wrote: Hi What version of windows are you running, im on 10 and I've been trying for a while .windows sees it and all tests show the controller working but I can't get it to be seen in KODI

Can you post a debug log?

@garbear log file from my windows 10 install - http://xbmclogs.com/pcznrqo8u

I'm Still getting DPAD erratic button issues using the XB 360 wireless controller on the OE build. i will upload logs as soon as im able to access teh box

I got the newest OE build installed and have this same issue as well. I can map all buttons with an XBOX 360 wireless controller but when I go to input the directional pad buttons I press "Up" and it immediately skips over "Down", I press "Right" and it immediately skips over "Left". Other buttons seem to input just fine. I thought it might be because one of my XBOX 360 controllers might have a D-pad that is acting wonky but it does this for both of my controllers.

Edit: Appears to have the same behavior with a DS4 controller paired via Bluetooth to my Kodi box (Chromebox). Connected via USB seems to work without issue.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - doug - 2016-01-21

Started a bit of testing and found an easy bug to fix. When entering Games->Files, the context menu to play a file was not available. I had to add the following to my keyboard.xml:
Code:
<MyGames>
    <keyboard>
      <m>ContextMenu</m>
    </keyboard>
  </MyGames>
I don't see that section in the default keyboard.xml.

I started a few of my MAME games and many played okay. I'm still figuring out how to map my Ouya game controller but have the basics down. I am currently unable to quit a game using my controller or remote. I am using the webserver remote to stop the emulator for now. Thanks for that joystick fix!

I'll test over the coming week and post logs for any issues I get. Great job on integrating this!

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - garbear - 2016-01-21

(2016-01-21, 08:04)doug Wrote: Started a bit of testing and found an easy bug to fix. When entering Games->Files, the context menu to play a file was not available. I had to add the following to my keyboard.xml:
Code:
<MyGames>
    <keyboard>
      <m>ContextMenu</m>
    </keyboard>
  </MyGames>
I don't see that section in the default keyboard.xml.

good find! shall I make this change or do you want to PR it?

(2016-01-21, 08:04)doug Wrote: I started a few of my MAME games and many played okay. I'm still figuring out how to map my Ouya game controller but have the basics down. I am currently unable to quit a game using my controller or remote. I am using the webserver remote to stop the emulator for now. Thanks for that joystick fix!

This is possible. For example, you can not map the "B" button in the snes profile. When B is pressed in a snes game, it will "fall through" to Kodi's input system and stop the game with Back.

But you're right, as soon as the user maps the "B" button in the snes profile, they lose their ability to execute the Kodi action for that button. We should fix this.

We need a way to have a game add-on use the entire controller, but still deliver input to Kodi. Maybe allow button combos in joystick.xml? I think we have support for long presses, what about holding guide for 1s? and what about the majority of controllers that are lacking buttons?

(2016-01-21, 08:04)doug Wrote: I'll test over the coming week and post logs for any issues I get. Great job on integrating this!

I've uploaded a new build for you. The controller issue on RPi should be fixed. I added picodrive, but unfortunately it fails to build on windows and OSX.

Also, the USB VID and PID are serialized as hex now. Expect keymap breakage.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - lrusak - 2016-01-21

Ok so new OpenELEC builds have been posted to include the latest changes

https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/compare/642cfed881e4b960bcfeb0615639c0f79e503657...8a3e8f72e59f65688ae2c648de9e50cb1005384b

The change of platform --> p8-platform will require you to delete the current game.libretro and peripheral.joystick addons and re-add them

Code:
rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro
rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/packages/game.libretro-1.0.1.zip
rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick
rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/packages/peripheral.joystick-1.0.0.zip

Hopefully this will be the only time you have to do this. Otherwise you can just do a clean install and it will all be fine.

EDIT: I can confirm that I can now use my PS3 controller on my RPi2. So the latest commits seem to have fixed this issue!

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - flipside101 - 2016-01-21

(2016-01-21, 02:07)GOOCHY Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 00:11)flipside101 Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 22:59)garbear Wrote: Debug logs please.

I'll look into this.

This should be fixed in the next round of builds.

It looks like those freezes are in Mupen64. N64 support is still highly experimental. Can you try different plugins in Mupen64's add-on settings?

I can't reproduce this since the erratic behavior went away. Is it still an issue? Can you post a debug log?

Can you post a debug log?

@garbear log file from my windows 10 install - http://xbmclogs.com/pcznrqo8u

I'm Still getting DPAD erratic button issues using the XB 360 wireless controller on the OE build. i will upload logs as soon as im able to access teh box

I got the newest OE build installed and have this same issue as well. I can map all buttons with an XBOX 360 wireless controller but when I go to input the directional pad buttons I press "Up" and it immediately skips over "Down", I press "Right" and it immediately skips over "Left". Other buttons seem to input just fine. I thought it might be because one of my XBOX 360 controllers might have a D-pad that is acting wonky but it does this for both of my controllers.

Edit: Appears to have the same behavior with a DS4 controller paired via Bluetooth to my Kodi box (Chromebox). Connected via USB seems to work without issue.
Delayed debug logs for wireless XB360 dpad issue
http://xbmclogs.com/pcznrqo8u

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - grumpygamer - 2016-01-21

@garbear

first post -> added Picodrive
I checked the "emulator matrix" it says "In progress". Do we have to consider that "matrix" a little bit outdated or is Picodrive in a non working/bugged form and will be updated later?

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - Solo0815 - 2016-01-21

Tried the latest OE-build from lrusak on my WetekPlay and my gamepad is working!

Is there a way to exit the configuration process, when I don't want to map a button?
And there should be a message, when you click on "Reset" -> "Do you really want to reset the SNES-controller configuration?". This makes it safer, when you accidently click on this button Wink
The same should be there, when you hit "stop". Then all your progress is gone, if you haven't saved it.
I'm used a remote to control kodi and the gamepad to play and hit "stop" by accident Sad
Thx

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - doug - 2016-01-21

(2016-01-21, 09:29)garbear Wrote: good find! shall I make this change or do you want to PR it?

We need a way to have a game add-on use the entire controller, but still deliver input to Kodi. Maybe allow button combos in joystick.xml? I think we have support for long presses, what about holding guide for 1s? and what about the majority of controllers that are lacking buttons?

I won't PR the context menu change. Turns out it is just my wonky remote mapping. I use "m" instead of "c" for the context menu. The global "c" will normally bring it up for everyone else.

However, I added a PR to change to SkinSettings.xml to allow the ability to show/hide the Games menu in the home screen. It's my first PR so I hope it worked.

Retroarch has the ability to press multiple keys to pause the game and return to the front-end...default map is Down-Y-L1-R1 if I remember correctly. From there you can stop the game, restart the game, load a new game, etc. The ability to do that from just one controller and not have to grab the remote is very nice.

RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - lrusak - 2016-01-21

(2016-01-21, 18:35)grumpygamer Wrote: @garbear

first post -> added Picodrive
I checked the "emulator matrix" it says "In progress". Do we have to consider that "matrix" a little bit outdated or is Picodrive in a non working/bugged form and will be updated later?

It works fine in Linux (I've played on it in OpenELEC) but it seems like it doesn't build for Windows or osx yet.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - motamas - 2016-01-21

Today i tried the new builds and it is possible to use the controller on a RPi.
At first i only tested a GBA emulator and it works fine.
I have some problems by quiting but other meanings already mentioned it.

But one crazy thing i have by starting the new version. The RPi doesn't recognize the remote from the TV.
Later i will test a little bit more emulators and other function i will use.

Here is the log from starting maybe anyone can find the reason why the remote isn't installed.
http://xbmclogs.com/pifruoi3x

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - garbear - 2016-01-21

Latest generix x64 build is missing peripheral.joystick and all game add-ons it looks like

Code:
Zotac:/usr/lib/kodi/addons # ls -al
total 0
drwxr-xr-x    8 root     root           174 Jan 21 07:08 .
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root           112 Jan 21 07:08 ..
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            51 Jan 21 07:08 library.kodi.game
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            53 Jan 21 07:08 library.kodi.guilib
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            57 Jan 21 07:08 library.kodi.peripheral
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            52 Jan 21 07:08 library.xbmc.addon
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            52 Jan 21 07:08 library.xbmc.codec
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            50 Jan 21 07:08 library.xbmc.pvr

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - motamas - 2016-01-21

After another little testing session on my RPi2 the new build feel laggy and slower than the previous pre-release 2016-01-19.
Maybe it is in reason that i installed some addon but only going through the menu take sometimes about 10 sec to go to the next step.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - OurJermain - 2016-01-22

My tv remote is not working with the latest rp2 build. One before that was working fine.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - motamas - 2016-01-22

Today i try some configurations and added a video library.
And the RPi freezes some times.
Especially when i want disable the AirPlay support (I only have a log file get by WinSCP from the folder because the RPi doesn't react anyway) or when i want to change the view (how videos should be shown in the library) from big list to the next one.

RE: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Isengard) - Appletalk - 2016-01-23

(2016-01-22, 20:54)OurJermain Wrote: My tv remote is not working with the latest rp2 build. One before that was working fine.

The RPi build has actually lost CEC support entirely (not just remote input), it does not show up under peripherals as it previously did.
It worked in the previous build as expected.