Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon (/showthread.php?tid=173448)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - theGuruWithin - 2016-08-11

(2016-08-11, 16:51)newsbeast Wrote:
(2016-08-10, 22:26)woobs420 Wrote: Parcel, Thanks for the work but as a novice could you tell me just where to paste your revised code? Thanks!

Parcels' fix is applied to a file called default.py, either in the addon archive or on device in the appropriate addon folder. When editing this python script be careful to _not_ pick up any trailing or leading white spaces, especially if you use cut & paste. And always first make a back up of defaut.py before editing. Usually you would name the backup default.py_orig, but anything so long as you differentiate it from the edited file.

Just a note: the spanish news feed doesn't work in the mentioned fix. ¡Viva Argentina!

Cheers

i have tried this by creating default.py in this path \\192.168.1.22\Userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.rt There was no default.py in there to begin with but plugin works other than the livestream part even without fix... Not sure what i am doing wrong... I have checked for white spaces etc and i just copied and pasted your code from this post.

Still no luck. I searched entire computer for other default.py files an and there were none. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Please help when you have a moment... I love RT plugin since I have cord cut... Only watch RT and DemocracyNow news... TRUTHisPoetry as is CodeisPoetry.

Thank you for all your effort... I am doing my best to learn py etc. so I can be more of a resource to community.... These explanations really help with knowledge enhancement for me...Love OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - parcel - 2016-08-12

(2016-08-11, 23:47)theGuruWithin Wrote:
(2016-08-11, 16:51)newsbeast Wrote:
(2016-08-10, 22:26)woobs420 Wrote: Parcel, Thanks for the work but as a novice could you tell me just where to paste your revised code? Thanks!

Parcels' fix is applied to a file called default.py, either in the addon archive or on device in the appropriate addon folder. When editing this python script be careful to _not_ pick up any trailing or leading white spaces, especially if you use cut & paste. And always first make a back up of defaut.py before editing. Usually you would name the backup default.py_orig, but anything so long as you differentiate it from the edited file.

Just a note: the spanish news feed doesn't work in the mentioned fix. ¡Viva Argentina!

Cheers

i have tried this by creating default.py in this path \\192.168.1.22\Userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.rt There was no default.py in there to begin with but plugin works other than the livestream part even without fix... Not sure what i am doing wrong... I have checked for white spaces etc and i just copied and pasted your code from this post.

Still no luck. I searched entire computer for other default.py files an and there were none. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Please help when you have a moment... I love RT plugin since I have cord cut... Only watch RT and DemocracyNow news... TRUTHisPoetry as is CodeisPoetry.

Thank you for all your effort... I am doing my best to learn py etc. so I can be more of a resource to community.... These explanations really help with knowledge enhancement for me...Love OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY

You're search wrong address. "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.rt" is correct address in my RPi.
and I made zip installerable file Smile

https://www.mediafire.com/?psprsuwvko5tlfh

or

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nlqbac

I also novice on python. I just extract HLS url from RT web page with firefox plugin "HLS stream detector".

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - theGuruWithin - 2016-08-12

Awesome patch... also learned great deal in copy paste method... Here is trick to access following hidden path on OPENELEC version of RPI computer.

/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.rt
on OpenELEC version of Kodi seem to be hidden initially.

Here is tutorial on how to SFTP to get to folders on network visible and copy-able etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6deOXDeBAg

I used Filezilla instead of what they suggest...

Thank so much for your Hard Work and helping me to both learn and get RT running again!

in Gratitude,
A

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - vernonjvs - 2016-08-14

(2016-08-11, 23:03)parcel Wrote: This is modified addon file link.

https://www.mediafire.com/?psprsuwvko5tlfh

I cannot fix Spanish news feed, it is based on Youtube live stream.

Thanks very much! Easy to uninstall RT plugin and the install the above RT plugin from the above zip file.

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - newsbeast - 2016-08-14

(2016-08-14, 20:21)vernonjvs Wrote: Thanks very much! Easy to uninstall RT plugin and the install the above RT plugin from the above zip file.

True, but not nearly as much fun! Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - zuneofwar - 2016-08-26

I've been using the RT add on since it was made available. Just want to say thanks, great addition to kodi.
Cant get live but will try the fix. To the developer big thanks for years of helping wake up Americans, great app.

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - Themaster - 2016-08-27

it's the only news channel I watch, and it's been down for few weeks already here in the US.
It's any update coming soon to fix it ?

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - newsbeast - 2016-09-11

No activity in this thread for a while. Is the addon in the repo fixed? I fixed my local copy of the addon with the fix provided by @parcel, and it works. But it would be a shame to see this addon fade to black.

@learningit anything preventing a proper fix for Russia Today addon? Where proper refers to a working fix posted to the kodi repository.

Cheers

The beast

--

Question More

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - kurgan2001 - 2016-09-14

(2016-08-04, 05:50)learningit Wrote: Wow, I see the light now. You're right, there's no point in fixing the add-on.

Nice way to be mature and be the better person.

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - bry - 2016-09-14

@newsbeast @parcel have you tried to contact the dev via repo? I saw @ronie make an exception to this recently once all avenues of contact had been explored.

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - learningit - 2016-09-15

I have said repeatedly in other posts: I am on vacation for 3 weeks and will get to the correct solution when I get to it. The solutions presented are only stop gap and partial. There are a number of things that need to be done to get it to the level required for Krypton repo acceptance.

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - kurgan2001 - 2016-09-15

(2016-09-15, 00:42)learningit Wrote: I have said repeatedly in other posts: I am on vacation for 3 weeks and will get to the correct solution when I get to it. The solutions presented are only stop gap and partial. There are a number of things that need to be done to get it to the level required for Krypton repo acceptance.

That's fine. I can understand needing time off and that to recharge. It just came off in that post that you were going to abandon the addon based on the banter. I hadn't seen your vacation post so apologies.

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - learningit - 2016-09-15

(2016-09-15, 01:27)kurgan2001 Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 00:42)learningit Wrote: I have said repeatedly in other posts: I am on vacation for 3 weeks and will get to the correct solution when I get to it. The solutions presented are only stop gap and partial. There are a number of things that need to be done to get it to the level required for Krypton repo acceptance.

That's fine. I can understand needing time off and that to recharge. It just came off in that post that you were going to abandon the addon based on the banter. I hadn't seen your vacation post so apologies.

NP. You need to understand that all this stuff is on a voluntary, spare time basis. I have more than 50 add-ons to support in that spare time, when I'm not doing other things like catching up with the family - the same is true with all the devs here, some of whom spend a great deal more time than I have/do on Kodi.

There is a fix and a patch given by others in a previous post above that will keep this going until I get around to fixing the live streams and updating the add-on for the latest version of Kodi. There are actually 7 or 8 other add-ons in more urgent need of care and I also have a bunch of new add-ons using DASH and a PVR for Krypton, if I get time to clean them up.

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - barev - 2016-09-30

The live stream stopped functioning again. Any hints from anyone how to fix it?

RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - learningit - 2016-10-12

V2.0.1 fixes live streams and updates the add-on for Isengard. Now requires Isengard or above.
A PR has been made for the kodi.org repo, should update in a few days.