Kodi Community Forum
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library (/showthread.php?tid=173799)

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2013-12-02

Hi All,

For those that wish to try it, I have now done:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/issues/detail?id=31

This enables the user to cancel future theme scanning if they wish to stop. If you cancel one selection - then it asks if you wish to continue.

Changes:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=133

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - wgstarks - 2013-12-02

(2013-12-02, 15:08)rob_webset Wrote: Hi All,

For those that wish to try it, I have now done:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/issues/detail?id=31

This enables the user to cancel future theme scanning if they wish to stop. If you cancel one selection - then it asks if you wish to continue.

Changes:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=133

Rob

Thanks rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2013-12-02

Good afternoon Rob,

Just reporting something that has gone under the radar:

New Issue
Theme doesn't resume play when exiting TvTunes downloader into Info screen. Only returning to video selection and browsing toward a different movie will trigger the script again.

(2013-12-02, 20:09)capfuturo Wrote: Good afternoon Rob,

Just reporting something that has gone under the radar:

New Issue
Theme doesn't resume play when exiting TvTunes downloader into Info screen. Only returning to video selection and browsing toward a different movie will trigger the script again.

Yes, I was aware of that - it needs to stop the theme playing in order to play a sample of the theme to download.

This is only the case if you are trying to "overwrite" an existing theme. In which case you could argue that it shouldn't then play the old theme again straight after exiting a selection as it could be confusing as to which theme is which - new one or old one?

I think this way it is very clear - you are in "downloading theme mode" so it will stop playing the existing theme so you know what you are playing is the "sample" you are checking.

Hope this helps clear up matter - even if only a little! Big Grin

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2013-12-02

Hi Rob,

Oh yes, it is absolutely clear to me why the theme needs to stop playing when searching and downloading, which isn't actually the purpose of my report. I am talking about that the theme doesn't play when one is back in the info pane or immediately back in video view. Once in info pane, no matter where we are coming from and for the purpose of having a consistent experience, I believe the theme should play as it always does unless we have reached the screen saver time threshold. This reminds me of the early issues when the themes wouldn't play when returning to Info pane after playing an extra, because the theme play needed to stop to allow for the video play and the script wouldn't resume properly. That was a tough one and I was so glad you were able to fix it; it was a game-changer for those who enjoy quality and attention to detail in their home theatres.

By the way, my configuration is also set to 'no overwrite'. Tackling on the matter of what theme (new or old) TVTunes would play after overwriting (if overwrite were selected): I have done several tests a while ago replacing the theme.mp3/flac on-the-fly. The result is that TVTunes then plays the new one right away with no apparent delay, whilst the old one is simply dismissed in situ.

Hi Jav,

I don't think it's really something to worry about. As searching for a new theme (when there is already one) is going to be very rare (And is a sort of setup activity rather than a daily usage operation), I think it is safe to leave the behaviour as it is.

I'm sure you recall how many issues there were with theme starting/stopping, volume etc before I got involved - trying to update this to "resume" playing has a chance of introducing "risks" of start/stop issues. All start/stop is currently done by the onLoad skin hook - so to add a different method of starting (which this would require) carries a fair bit of risk - for very little return in my opinion.

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - aky75 - 2013-12-05

Hi everybody,

Since version 4.0.0, when I scan for a tvseries theme, it is downloaded to the main directory of Series, not in the one I'm searching for... and at the same time, in every Series directory that has not any theme.mp3, the script copy this last file, so I found the same theme in various directorys....
I have returned back to 3.0.6 and everything is Ok. Unfortunately, every time I run Xbmc it automatically install new "problematic" version 4.0.1

Aky

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2013-12-05

(2013-12-05, 18:23)aky75 Wrote: Hi everybody,

Since version 4.0.0, when I scan for a tvseries theme, it is downloaded to the main directory of Series, not the one I'm searching for... and at the same time, in every Series directory that has not any theme.mp3, the script copy this last file, so I found the same theme in various directorys....
I have returned back to 3.6.0 and everything is Ok. Unfortunately, every time I run Xbmc it automatically install new "problematic" version 4.1.0

Aky

Are the hooks in the skin up-to-date?

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - aky75 - 2013-12-05

Hooks? Wich ones? I haven't done any change since 3.0.6,- those that are mentined in changelog.txt-
I use Confluence

(2013-12-05, 19:06)aky75 Wrote: Hooks? Wich ones? I haven't done any change since 3.0.6,- those that are mentined in changelog.txt-
I use Confluence

Confluence should be OK - Ronie updated those hooks.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Martijn - 2013-12-05

(2013-12-05, 19:14)rob_webset Wrote:
(2013-12-05, 19:06)aky75 Wrote: Hooks? Wich ones? I haven't done any change since 3.0.6,- those that are mentined in changelog.txt-
I use Confluence

Confluence should be OK - Ronie updated those hooks.

Only for Confluence Gotham.

Thanks Martijn,

Aky, please can you check your version of confluence to see if your skin has the following changes, and possibly try them out if they are not:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:TvTunes#Skin_Changes

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - meridius - 2013-12-05

Hi there tried the new version 4.0.1 with xbmc 12.2 and I have noticed a bug still with the fade out option selected

In the older version it used to mute the system but now it keeps the volume at 25% and it happens all the time when I reload xbmc. I have to disabled fade out to stop it from doing that. I was wondering if this option will be fixed as it seems to be a sticking point when using this option

Also is there a option to delay playing the tunes by 1/2 a sec as it inky let's u select every 1 sec. The reason I ask this is if I have it set to 0 the menus stutter as it's trying to pay the music but if I select delay by 1 min it works great in the menus but still takes a little to long to play back so I reckon a sweet spot of a delay of 1/2 sec should keep the menus smooth but play the music back quickly. Is there any chance of having this option added

Thanks

Great work by the way.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2013-12-06

(2013-12-05, 22:02)meridius Wrote: Hi there tried the new version 4.0.1 with xbmc 12.2 and I have noticed a bug still with the fade out option selected

In the older version it used to mute the system but now it keeps the volume at 25% and it happens all the time when I reload xbmc. I have to disabled fade out to stop it from doing that. I was wondering if this option will be fixed as it seems to be a sticking point when using this option

AAAAAHHHH!!! I thought we fixed all of those!! Please can you give me click by click instructions, and I will see if I can reproduce it - then fix it Angry

(2013-12-05, 22:02)meridius Wrote: Also is there a option to delay playing the tunes by 1/2 a sec as it inky let's u select every 1 sec. The reason I ask this is if I have it set to 0 the menus stutter as it's trying to pay the music but if I select delay by 1 min it works great in the menus but still takes a little to long to play back so I reckon a sweet spot of a delay of 1/2 sec should keep the menus smooth but play the music back quickly. Is there any chance of having this option added

I guess you meant 1 sec - not 1 min?

I tried to avoid fraction of seconds in the config. The main reason is that on network shares, response times can be hughly varied - for example it may need to spin up disks etc. In these cases, fractions of seconds are not accurate - and then people start raising issues that they set the delay for 0.2 seconds, and it actually took 0.3 seconds to start.

That said - the case where you have the "play themes on Movie list" enabled, maybe we should have an automatic delay inserted? (Sort of a default enforced value)

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2013-12-06

@rob_webset: just an opinion that you may wish to consider or throw it to the bin: whenever it is possible to give reasonable options, it is nice to allow people to decide on their own what best suits them. Are there users with shares? Yes they are. Just as there are users with USB devices (also SSDs) directly connected to the main HTPC who don't experience the delays of a share. They have this particular configuration precisely because they are looking for best responsiveness and performance. If the possibility of having users raising complains is something that makes you hesitant, then perhaps the usual expression in brackets by the delay time configuration (or the wiki) "Actual response times may vary", can tell users what to expect.

I do remember requesting this split-second delay option a while ago, and you explained very well to me about the looping behavior of TVTunes, sleeping for 200 [ms] between checks, which wouldn't make much sense with a set delay to start theme lower than a 1 [s]. Well, 0.2 [s] or 0.3 [s] clearly wouldn't make sense, but perhaps anything between 500 [ms] and 1 [s] would? Who knows. All I know is that this has been asked for a second time now.