Kodi Community Forum
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library (/showthread.php?tid=173799)

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2013-12-26

@aky75: you are welcome and happy Christmas to you as well.

Two things to illustrate what you may not see, in the meantime, before Rob conducts an assessment on your new feedback so to help you:
1) Much has changed since TvTunes 3.0.6, and the things you observed as 'working fine' when downgrading to v3.0.6, are no more than just part of the whole experience. It is important you understand that since that version a building of new features has been built by Rob, which will be totally invisible to you if you keep using v.3.06; coincidentally, only the features you perhaps use, such as tunes in your tv shows, work in an older version, which tricks you into thinking 'all is fixed' when downgrading TvTunes to such old build state. Truth is that downgrading to an older version to fix a particular issue, losing most of the capabilities introduced by a new development (besides potentially bringing new issues), is hardly a fix.

2) You mention you have finally edited the xml files to reflect the wiki; can it be understood by this that your particular issue, when using the new version of TvTunes, has been fixed, or it still gets fixed only when downgrading to v3.0.6? If the latter, could you please share here a new full debug log using the new version of TvTunes with the newly edited xml files whilst you try to replicate the particular issue? It would be most useful and better to have it ready if Rob needs it.

A side note to the fellow xbmcians: this is the sort of situations, amongst others, I was hoping we could avoid when I wrote the 1st paragraph earlier on post #119. Installing a new add-on will always require that users read about what is needed for its installation, such as possible skin modifications. However, when an add-on pushes updates via XBMC repo, which require new skin modifications to work properly, most users will not know about this until the issues start to arise. Fortunately Confluence and a few other skins do have native support for TvTunes in Gotham. Does anybody know if there is a way for the repo to push a message with an add-on's update, such as "This update requires certain modifications depending on your skin. Please consult wiki"?

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - aky75 - 2013-12-26

(2013-12-26, 05:22)capfuturo Wrote: @aky75: you are welcome and happy Christmas to you as well.

Two things to illustrate what you may not see, in the meantime, before Rob conducts an assessment on your new feedback so to help you:
1) Much has changed since TvTunes 3.0.6, and the things you observed as 'working fine' when downgrading to v3.0.6, are no more than just part of the whole experience. It is important you understand that since that version a building of new features has been built by Rob, which will be totally invisible to you if you keep using v.3.06; coincidentally, only the features you perhaps use, such as tunes in your tv shows, work in an older version, which tricks you into thinking 'all is fixed' when downgrading TvTunes to such old build state. Truth is that downgrading to an older version to fix a particular issue, losing most of the capabilities introduced by a new development (besides potentially bringing new issues), is hardly a fix.

2) You mention you have finally edited the xml files to reflect the wiki; can it be understood by this that your particular issue, when using the new version of TvTunes, has been fixed, or it still gets fixed only when downgrading to v3.0.6? If the latter, could you please share here a new full debug log using the new version of TvTunes with the newly edited xml files whilst you try to replicate the particular issue? It would be most useful and better to have it ready if Rob needs it.

A side note to the fellow xbmcians: this is the sort of situations, amongst others, I was hoping we could avoid when I wrote the 1st paragraph earlier on post #119. Installing a new add-on will always require that users read about what is needed for its installation, such as possible skin modifications. However, when an add-on pushes updates via XBMC repo, which require new skin modifications to work properly, most users will not know about this until the issues start to arise. Fortunately Confluence and a few other skins do have native support for TvTunes in Gotham. Does anybody know if there is a way for the repo to push a message with an add-on's update, such as "This update requires certain modifications depending on your skin. Please consult wiki"?

Here is my debug after editing xml's:

I use Tvtunes to scan L:\DIBUJOS\DEATH NOTE\ tvseries to find a new theme. The result was stored on L:\DIBUJOS\ as previous times. Also, this song was assigned to other series in L:\DIBUJOS\ that hasnt theme at this time.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=102127

I hope it help you on finding what is wrong. So much thanks again.

Aky

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2013-12-27

@aky75: Thanks for the log!

1) Would it be possible for you to add a local tv show source (just one show in your local hard drive, not NAS) and see if the theme for that show gets downloaded to the right folder? Please report back; If it doesn't then could you please post the links to your xml files (DialogVideoInfo.xml and MyVideoNav.xml)?
2) I notice you are running XBMC 12.1; any particular reason for this? Any chance to update to 12.2 or new 12.3 Frodo fixes (remember to back up your userdata folder)? Anyway, I was able to run tests with XBMC 12.1(in OS X, not Windows) and the themes download perfectly well and to the right directory.

(2013-12-26, 23:30)aky75 Wrote: Also, this song was assigned to other series in L:\DIBUJOS\ that hasnt theme at this time.
This is by design, so (If no theme found) the script will search for themes in the parent directory. This allows for nested directories where movies of movie collections (sets) or seasons of TV Series are in separate directories, but all wish to use the same theme. Please see here

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - aky75 - 2013-12-27

(2013-12-27, 04:38)capfuturo Wrote: @aky75: Thanks for the log!

1) Would it be possible for you to add a local tv show source (just one show in your local hard drive, not NAS) and see if the theme for that show gets downloaded to the right folder? Please report back; If it doesn't then could you please post the links to your xml files (DialogVideoInfo.xml and MyVideoNav.xml)?
2) I notice you are running XBMC 12.1; any particular reason for this? Any chance to update to 12.2 or new 12.3 Frodo fixes (remember to back up your userdata folder)? Anyway, I was able to run tests with XBMC 12.1(in OS X, not Windows) and the themes download perfectly well and to the right directory.

(2013-12-26, 23:30)aky75 Wrote: Also, this song was assigned to other series in L:\DIBUJOS\ that hasnt theme at this time.
This is by design, so (If no theme found) the script will search for themes in the parent directory and so on until it finds one. This allows for nested directories where movies of movie collections (sets) or seasons of TV Series are in separate directories, but all wish to use the same theme. Please see here

Hi again,

1) I thougt the same yesterday... adding some series in local source could give you new information...I'll try it.
2) I have 12.1?? uh... I thougt that I had lastest version...I'll upgrade as soon as possible.Thanks again.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - aky75 - 2013-12-28

(2013-12-27, 21:18)aky75 Wrote:
(2013-12-27, 04:38)capfuturo Wrote: @aky75: Thanks for the log!

This is by design, so (If no theme found) the script will search for themes in the parent directory and so on until it finds one. This allows for nested directories where movies of movie collections (sets) or seasons of TV Series are in separate directories, but all wish to use the same theme. Please see here

Hi again,

1) I thougt the same yesterday... adding some series in local source could give you new information...I'll try it.
2) I have 12.1?? uh... I thougt that I had lastest version...I'll upgrade as soon as possible.Thanks again.

Well, hi again,

First, I have updated to 12.3.
Then I have added one new source of tvshow in a local disk: F:\DIBUJOS\
I have added two tvseries, Death note and Ultimate Spiderman, so I have F:\DIBUJOS\DEATH NOTE\ and F:\DIBUJOS\ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN\, like in my NAS where I have all tvseries and movies.
I have checked Myvideonav.xml and Dialogvideoinfo.xml to place the hooks of the wiki.
Then go into XBMC, added the source and Scan for tvtunes in both new tvseries.

The same result as previous times. Always theme.mp3 is stored in main folder F:\DIBUJOS\ and not in \DEATH NOTE\ or \ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN\. Also, because there isnt theme.mp3 in none of this subfolders, the same theme sounds on both tvseries.

Here is my log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=102550

So much thanks for your work

Aky

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2013-12-28

@aky75: you are welcome, this is good feedback. However and just as I said in my earlier post, please provide a link to your XML files so they could be double checked before any further assessment. Thanks.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2013-12-28

Still looks like it is being called with the old hooks:

Code:
01:46:56 T:2008   DEBUG: script.tvtunes: script version 4.2.0 started
01:46:56 T:2008   DEBUG: script.tvtunes: params {'tvpath': 'F:\\DIBUJOS\\ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN\\', 'mode': 'solo', 'tvname': 'Ultimate Spiderman'}

May not be the root of the cause of the problem - but while this isn't right - we don't know what else isn't correct - so don't want to spend too much time on it.

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - aky75 - 2013-12-31

(2013-12-28, 04:03)capfuturo Wrote: @aky75: you are welcome, this is good feedback. However and just as I said in my earlier post, please provide a link to your XML files so they could be double checked before any further assessment. Thanks.

Hello again.
First of all Happy New Year for all that have "crossed" it -right now here is still 31st (three hours left)-

Here is my Dialogvideoinfo.xml :
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=104056

Here my MyVideoNav.xml :
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=104058

Thanks again,

Aky

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2013-12-31

@aky75: I sincerely hope you leave your XML issues behind in 2013 and embrace a glorious 2014 enjoying TvTunes. You still have time:

This is your new DialogVideoInfo.xml (right-click and save)

Have a great 2014!

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2014-01-01

@Rob_webset: Happy New Year Rob! Skin Rapier's creator, Gade, just announced full support with automatic installation for new TvTunes :-)

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2014-01-01

Thanks - added to list

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - judocama - 2014-01-02

Is possible change how TvTunes store the library themes'

I will like export the library how my films are:

movietitle (year) / theme

Thanks a lot.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2014-01-02

(2014-01-02, 02:23)judocama Wrote: Is possible change how TvTunes store the library themes'

Thanks a lot.

Are you talking about when the setting "Store tunes in a custom path" is enabled?

Then this is set to the title stored by your scraper (with some characters removed). It is not based off of the directory the movie is stored in.

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - judocama - 2014-01-02

(2014-01-02, 09:01)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 02:23)judocama Wrote: Is possible change how TvTunes store the library themes'

Thanks a lot.

Are you talking about when the setting "Store tunes in a custom path" is enabled?

Then this is set to the title stored by your scraper (with some characters removed). It is not based off of the directory the movie is stored in.

Rob

I mean if at the time of export you can do so with the full name of the movie

movieTitle (year) / theme.mp3

At the moment it does so:

movietitle / theme.mp3

Thanks in advance

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2014-01-02

(2014-01-02, 10:44)judocama Wrote: I mean if at the time of export you can do so with the full name of the movie

movieTitle (year) / theme.mp3

At the moment it does so:

movietitle / theme.mp3

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure it would be wise to add an option like this - I think it will open up the door for a lot of different configurations

Movie
Movie (year)
Movie - Year
Year - Movie
Movie - Director
Director - Movie
Movie (Director)
Movie - Year - Director
etc etc

As this is just a look-up location for TVTunes - having several options for the naming of directories is a bit OTT.

Rob