Kodi Community Forum
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library (/showthread.php?tid=173799)

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - nitePhyyre - 2014-01-06

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find a fix on google or these forums. Is there a way that would allow me to listen to music and navigate the movies & tv libraries at the same time? Right now, if tvtunes is enabled, the music stops as soon as I enter the aforementioned libraries. I know there must be an option similar to the "Play gui sounds: Always/When music is stopped/Never" like there is in the main settings, I just can't find it.

Although, ideally, tvtunes would follow the setting in that option. The add-on is literally gui sounds, after all.

thanks.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2014-01-06

(2014-01-06, 05:20)nitePhyyre Wrote: Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find a fix on google or these forums. Is there a way that would allow me to listen to music and navigate the movies & tv libraries at the same time? Right now, if tvtunes is enabled, the music stops as soon as I enter the aforementioned libraries. I know there must be an option similar to the "Play gui sounds: Always/When music is stopped/Never" like there is in the main settings, I just can't find it.

Although, ideally, tvtunes would follow the setting in that option. The add-on is literally gui sounds, after all.

I am not quite sure I understand your question. Sounds like you don't want the TV/Movie theme to be played - maybe disable TvTunes?

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2014-01-06

Rob, I believe nitephyyre wants to listen to, let's say, a music album whilst he browses the movie/TV show library. One would tend to think that by disabling 'play theme' in movie/tv show library the music player can still operate as it usually does. It seems it isn't the case anymore and something got broken down the line? Even when TvTunes is configured to play the themes only when accessing the Information pane, it anyway stops the music playback as soon as the video library is entered.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2014-01-06

(2014-01-06, 09:40)capfuturo Wrote: Rob, I believe nitephyyre wants to listen to, let's say, a music album whilst he browses the movie/TV show library. One would tend to think that by disabling 'play theme' in movie/tv show library the music player can still operate as it usually does. It seems it isn't the case anymore and something got broken down the line? Even when TvTunes is configured to play the themes only when accessing the Information pane, it anyway stops the music playback as soon as the video library is entered.

OK, now I understand - however, I don't believe that this is something that is "broken" - I believe it has always been like this. As the Info screen playing was added in v3.1.0 - that was the first update I did to TV Tunes Blush

The TvTunes is kicked off via the onLoad hook in MyVideoNav.xml (Where it has always been I believe) - so it will start when going into the library. If you wanted to disable this hook, then in confluence it can be done via:

Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Settings -> TV Shows Tick Box

I think you either want to have Themes playing or not. For example:

1) If you already had music playing
2) then went into a TV Show that didn't have a theme and you continued playing the "music"
3) Now you go into a differnt TV SHow that does have a theme
4) Start playing that theme
5) Now exit that TV show and go to one without a theme

At this point what do you do?

a) Nothing - no theme playing
b) Start playing what was playing before again from the start
c) Start playing what was playing before again from the beginning

It will all get very confusing - what is the theme, what is the background music - I'd imagine there being several issues with this.

I think it's easier to say "You are in TVTunes mode - only TvTumes themes will play"

Hope this makes sense.

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - tinybutstrong - 2014-01-07

In tvshow info screen with tune file playing on background if you press <tab> to back to items list, you can see the regular "music" playback screen with milkdrop animation, etc. for 1-2 seconds and because that, sometimes my XBMC is freezing, then I need to force close. Backspace works better to back to library, but I'm too used to tab key.

MQ5 skin. Not really a big issue, just wondering if more people is suffering on this issue.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - wgstarks - 2014-01-07

(2014-01-07, 02:34)tinybutstrong Wrote: In tvshow info screen with tune file playing on background if you press <tab> to back to items list, you can see the regular "music" playback screen with milkdrop animation, etc. for 1-2 seconds and because that, sometimes my XBMC is freezing, then I need to force close. Backspace works better to back to library, but I'm too used to tab key.

MQ5 skin. Not really a big issue, just wondering if more people is suffering on this issue.

I see the Visualizer sometimes as well. Haven't had any freezes though.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2014-01-07

(2014-01-07, 02:34)tinybutstrong Wrote: In tvshow info screen with tune file playing on background if you press <tab> to back to items list, you can see the regular "music" playback screen with milkdrop animation, etc. for 1-2 seconds and because that, sometimes my XBMC is freezing, then I need to force close. Backspace works better to back to library, but I'm too used to tab key.

The animation is because XBMC has a global option - "When playing music - have this animation" - I did try to find a way to stop the animation, but couldn't see a way of doing it via python.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - nitePhyyre - 2014-01-07

(2014-01-06, 10:08)rob_webset Wrote: OK, now I understand - however, I don't believe that this is something that is "broken" - I believe it has always been like this.
No It hasn't. I had an old version and got the new version after formatting my pc. Here is someone else claiming the same thing for reference: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181656 . If gaetan17's timeline is right, this bug was introduced in an update sometime last fall. Although, this could be a red herring if, like me, he was using an old version for a very long time.

(2014-01-06, 10:08)rob_webset Wrote: I think you either want to have Themes playing or not. For example:

1) If you already had music playing
2) then went into a TV Show that didn't have a theme and you continued playing the "music"
[ ... snip ...]

I think it's easier to say "You are in TVTunes mode - only TvTumes themes will play"
Sorry, I believe you misunderstand. I'm talking about actual music playing, not the themes as "music", as you put it.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Goto your music library
2) Play anything
3) Press 'escape' to bring you back to the main screen
4) Scroll to either 'Movies' or 'Tv shows'
5) Press enter to enter your video library

Expected behaviour:
a) TvTunes respects the setting in the option menu "play GUI sounds":
- If set to "only when playback is stopped" TvTunes should do nothing.
- If set to "always" the TvTunes should play a theme (if it followed the same as the rest of the GUI sounds it would playback the theme on top of the music, just as the popping sound plays on top of the music, although I doubt that is possible, plus it would sound ugly)
- If set to 'Never" TvTunes should do nothing.
b) If it is impossible for TvTunes to respect the settings, at the very least, it should wait until it actually plays something before stopping the music.
c) TvTunes should simply be disabled while there is other playback

Actual Behaviour:
TvTunes stops music playback and does nothing else until I open the information pane or enter a particular show's season selection.

It does the same thing for the Youtube plugin, and I imagine that it does the same thing even for the video library (I'm at work and can't double check on that right now). If I am watching a youtube clip, and want to queue up something to watch after it ends, TvTunes should most assuredly not stop what I am watching. It does.

(2014-01-07, 09:27)rob_webset Wrote: The animation is because XBMC has a global option - "When playing music - have this animation" - I did try to find a way to stop the animation, but couldn't see a way of doing it via python.
It is possible that my problem and tinybutstrong's problem stem from the same source. It seems like the internal audio player is being used by TvTunes rather than whatever method is being used for all other GUI sounds.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - tinybutstrong - 2014-01-07

I recorded a small video to demonstrate the annoying "regular music player":

http://1.grn.cc/temp/XBMC_MQ5_TvTunes_demo.mp4

If you can't find a solution for this, you should contact XBMC team to work together for a workaround?

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2014-01-08

Hi nitePhyyre,

I believe black_eagle did actually detail why it does this on the thread you linked to:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181656&pid=1586170#pid1586170

As it happens - it is not possible to read a lot of the global settings from within an addon - so addons can not be based on these settings - they need to run only on their own settings.

----

Hi tinybutstrong,

I think using backspace is the solution to your problem! Laugh

However if you wanted to discuss it with the XBMC team to isolate the difference in behaviour between tab and backspace, then please feel free and report back to this thead with any useful info.

Rob

(2014-01-07, 23:56)tinybutstrong Wrote: I recorded a small video to demonstrate the annoying "regular music player":

http://1.grn.cc/temp/XBMC_MQ5_TvTunes_demo.mp4

If you can't find a solution for this, you should contact XBMC team to work together for a workaround?

Hi tinybutstrong,

The following may assist you, please can you apply the following change to MusicVisualisation.xml:

Change:

Code:
<control type="visualisation" id="2">
    <!-- FIX ME Music Visualization needs to have an id of 2 in this window to be able to lock or change preset -->
    <description>visualisation</description>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
</control>

To:

Code:
<control type="visualisation" id="2">
    <!-- FIX ME Music Visualization needs to have an id of 2 in this window to be able to lock or change preset -->
    <description>visualisation</description>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
    <visible>IsEmpty(Window(10025).Property(TvTunesIsAlive))</visible>
</control>

This is a change to the confluence skin - but the visible line should be the same.

Let me know how you get on.

You could always try adding the "IsEmpty(Window(10025).Property(TvTunesIsAlive))" line in varous places

Rob

Hi nitePhyyre,

Did you want to try the following patch:

http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn-history/r187/trunk/script.tvtunes/resources/tvtunes_backend.py

There is a chance that it may make things a little better.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rob

NEW VERSION PUBLISHED

Just to let everyone know, that the latest TvTunes has been published to the official repo. v4.3.0

The main feature is a major re-work of the scraper code (The bit that downloads the themes for you).

This also includes support for goear.com in order to retrieve new themes. (A default value can be set in the settings - and then it is possible to toggle between the different search engines once displaying the list of themes available).

Please let me know how you get on.

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - tinybutstrong - 2014-01-09

(2014-01-08, 15:14)rob_webset Wrote: You could always try adding the "IsEmpty(Window(10025).Property(TvTunesIsAlive))" line in varous places

Rob

Doesn't work, I added the code to MQ5 skin in visible tag:

Quote:<control type="visualisation" id="2">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">Visible</animation>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="200">Hidden</animation>
<visible>StringCompare(skin.string(vis_bg),fanartmix) | StringCompare(skin.string(vis_bg),slideshowmix) | StringCompare(skin.string(vis_bg),slideshowmosaicmix) | StringCompare(skin.string(vis_bg),vis) | IsEmpty(Window(10025).Property(TvTunesIsAlive))</visible>
</control>

Not a big issue for now, I can live with that. Getting used to backspace key.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2014-01-09

(2014-01-09, 14:03)tinybutstrong Wrote: Doesn't work, I added the code to MQ5 skin in visible tag:

<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<visible>StringCompare(skin.string(vis_bg),fanartmix) | StringCompare(skin.string(vis_bg),slideshowmix) | StringCompare(skin.string(vis_bg),slideshowmosaicmix) | StringCompare(skin.string(vis_bg),vis) | IsEmpty(Window(10025).Property(TvTunesIsAlive))</visible>
</control>

Not a big issue for now, I can live with that. Getting used to backspace key.

You would need to "AND" it with the other things:

<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<visible>IsEmpty(Window(10025).Property(TvTunesIsAlive)) + [StringCompare(skin.string(vis_bg),fanartmix) | StringCompare(skin.string(vis_bg),slideshowmix) | StringCompare(skin.string(vis_bg),slideshowmosaicmix) | StringCompare(skin.string(vis_bg),vis)]</visible>
</control>

(I think!)

So you only do the visualisation if TvTunesIsActive is not set.

Rob